How To Store Almond Flour Bread With Yeast
This bread stores very well at room temperature, wrapped in a clean kitchen towel for 2-3 days or up to 5 days in the fridge.
To store your almond flour bread with yeast longer, slice it and freeze the slices in an airtight box.
Thaw the bread slices the day before at room temperature. Rewarm the bread in a bread toaster or sandwich press.
How To Prepare Your Low
You can use this almond flour bread just as you would regular white or wheat bread. Use it as a sandwich bread, in French toast, or simply smother it in almond butter. Here are several gluten-free and grain-free ideas to get you started.
- Salmon and lox: Love this classic brunch dish? Toss a slice of bread in your toaster, then smother with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- Whip up your favorite sandwich: Toast your almond flour bread until golden brown, then top with egg salad, curry chicken, or chicken salad.
- Prepare as English muffins: This easy recipe can be modified to make English muffins or biscuits. Simply pour your bread dough into a muffin tin, or use a cookie cutter to form discs roughly two inches in diameter. Note: You will have to shorten the cooking time considerably, so check your baked goods after 20 minutes in the oven.
- Make into French toast: Dredge your bread in egg yolks, then fry for a few minutes per side on a skillet to make keto french toast. Top with almond butter, ghee, or fresh berries to serve.
Bread Cravings No Worries
So, in an effort to quell my occasional bread cravings, I made this version using almond flour. Its keto-friendly, so it has a good amount of healthy fats without being overly calorie-dense. I like that this also has a lot of fiber thanks to the psyllium husk. More on that later.
First thing you need to do is preheat your oven. Dont skip this part because it will make a difference in the finished product. Next, line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set it aside. The parchment paper will make it so easy to remove your bread from the pan later on so if you have it, make sure to put it. Otherwise, spray your loaf pan with some non-stick cooking spray. It wont be the same, but it will help prevent it from sticking.
Also Check: Beauty Pie Free Shipping Code
Ways To Use Keto Biscuits With Almond Flour
I actually have two ways of making these keto almond flour biscuits: biscuits as shown, and also a larger, flatter version for bread rounds. The ingredients and method are the same both ways.
TIP: You may need to reduce the baking time by a couple of minutes for the flatter ones. Since they are not as thick, they cook a little faster.
The biscuit shape is perfect to have as a side with:
- Main Dishes They go with anything, but I particularly love these keto biscuits with main meals that have a sauce to soak up, such as Big Mac casserole, garlic butter scallops, keto salisbury steak, or creamy lemon parmesan chicken.
Alternatively, you can make the larger, flatter version of these almond flour biscuits to use as a bun for a juicy burger or in place of low carb bread for any sandwich. They are also great for my keto breakfast sandwich recipe, if you want to swap the pancake layers with biscuits.
Add More Deliciousness To Your Inbox
Youre in! Well send you delicious recipes once a week
Are you transitioning to a low-carb or keto diet but dont think you can cut bread from your life? Youre not alone. Bread is virtually everywhere and its one of the hardest carbs to give up.
But whether you like multigrain, white, whole wheat, rye, baguettes, ciabatta, brioche, naan, or any other bread this recipe will give you the best keto bread substitution.
This keto almond flour bread contains less than 3 grams of net carbs per slice and fits perfectly into your low-carb meal plan.
Its packed with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals including vitamin E, riboflavin, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and iron.
So whats in this recipe that makes this almond bread low-carb while being a perfectly satiating snack? Keep reading to find out.
Read Also: Best Small Breed Dog Food Grain Free
Sugar Free Lemon Dessert
I first made the keto lemon bread when my parents came to visit a few months ago.
Although neither of them is on a keto diet, they are trying to watch how many white or refined carbs they consume. My mothers favorite food is Oreo cookies, and my father could easily eat two cups of rice with dinner.
Enter this low carb lemon recipe that calls for almond flour instead of wheat flour.
Its also free of corn syrup, guar gum, xanthan gum, buttermilk, palm oil, and soybean oil, which are all ingredients youll find in the Starbucks lemon loaf recipe.
We loved the recipes flavor and dense texture that reminded us of lemon pound cake.
You can also make Keto Lemon Bars
Lemon Bread Frosting Ideas
Or ice the sugar free lemon bread with half a cup of powdered sugar or powdered erythritol whisked into a glaze with one tablespoon milk of choice or lemon juice and an optional eighth of a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Watch the keto lemon bread recipe video, above
Recommended Reading: Chicken Pot Pie San Diego
How To Make Microwave Keto Bread With Almond Flour
This easy microwave keto bread is extremely easy to make. Since its individual serving, it just cooks in a microwave in 90 seconds!
To make this protein bread, you will need either a very wide microwave-safe mug or a small microwave-safe bowl. Do not make this in a narrow mug as the bread will end up too small in diameter. If your mug is not wide, just use a bowl 🙂
The ingredients for this individual serving keto bread are very simple 3 tbsp of almond flour, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1 1/2 tbsp of melted butter. First, melt the butter in a mug or bowl, then mix in the almond flour and baking powder, and then mix in the egg white. Microwave on High for 90 seconds and your lowcarb bread is ready!
Heres how the almond flour batter looks before it is cooked:
And heres how it looks after its microwaved for 90 seconds:
It doesnt get stuck to the bowl, it just comes right off!
Slice the keto bread in half like a muffin and enjoy! If youd like, toast it in the toaster so good!
If you like this keto bread recipe, you will also love these amazing healthy recipes:
Gluten-Free Cheese Bread these epic cheese dinner rolls are gluten-free and taste amazing!
Tomato Cucumber And Avocado Salad this healthy salad is so colorful and tasty, everyone loves it!
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps using a lettuce leaf instead of a taco shell to make keto tacos!
Easy Chicken Fajitas high protein low carb complete meal, so easy to make!
How To Make Keto Bread
Before you start prepping to make this low-carb bread recipe, make sure you preheat your oven to 375 F.
The first thing youll need to do is separate six eggs. Youll only use the egg whites for this keto bread recipe, so feel free to set the yolks off to the side to save for another recipe.
Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites.
Using a hand mixer, starting whipping the eggs.
You can stop whipping once soft peaks are formed.
Add the almond flour, butter, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and coconut flour to a food processor, blending until well-incorporated.
Place the mix from the food processor into a bowl and gently fold in the egg white mixture.
Pour the bread mixture into a greased 8×4 loaf pan.
Put the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Your loaf should come out just browned on top!
Allow the bread to cool slightly before cutting into it. Then, serve and enjoy! If you want to enjoy it warm later, skip the microwave and pop a slice in the toaster.
If youre following the keto diet, this is one of my keto-approved bread recipes that you can top with butter or ghee. If youre just using this recipe as a healthy bread alternative, this bread tastes great with honey drizzled over it!
Don’t Miss: Jesus Is Bread Of Life
How To Make Keto Cream Cheese Almond Flour Bread
Keto almond bread sliced
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following are all the ingredients youll need to make this keto-friendly bread.
- Tablespoon of Sugar Substitute
I highly recommend that all your wet ingredients always be at room temperature before mixing. It will make the process of incorporating all the ingredients smoother plus the final outcome is always consistent.
Notice that I do not use low-fat cream cheese in this recipe nor do I use the kind of cream cheese that is whipped with air and comes in a tub.
Unfortunately, that type of cream cheese will not garner good results so use the kind that comes in a foil brick instead.
I add one tablespoon of sugar substitute to the batter. This is totally optional. However, traditional white bread has a little bit of sweetness and I wanted to mimic the flavor perfectly.
I use a granulated sugar substitute for this. Use your favorite since any number of them will work in this keto cream cheese bread recipe.
Biscuits With Almond Flour
Another healthy recipe, my Biscuits with Almond Flour are made with six ingredients.
All you need to whip these up is almond flour, eggs, coconut oil, honey, salt, and baking soda.
Read Also: The Little Pie Company Nyc
The Extra Benefits Of Adding Flax Seeds Chia Seeds And Sunflower Seeds
One reason I consider this the best keto bread recipe is because it includes the addition of healthy seeds which add a great texture and nutritional benefits. Low-carb nuts and seeds are a healthy and delicious addition to any diet. They are loaded with healthy fats, fiber, nutrients, and minerals which makes them a perfect snack or an ingredient in keto recipes. Lets take a look at the nutritional value of each of these seeds.
- Chia seeds are full of healthy fiber and omega-3 fats. One ounce of chia seeds provides 5 gms of protein, 10 gms of fiber, and just 2 gms of net carbs. With about 60% of their fat content consisting of omega-3 fats, theyre an excellent plant-based source of these essential fats that offer powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Flax seeds are loaded with fiber and omega-3 fats. One ounce of flax seeds provides 6 gms of protein, 8 gms of fiber, and just 1 gm of net carbs. Flax seeds can be bought whole or as a ground meal, both of which can be added to keto-friendly baked goods, soups, smoothies, and a protein shake.
- Sunflower seeds are high in anti-inflammatory antioxidants, such as vitamin E, flavonoids, and phenolic acids, and have been found to have antidiabetic and anti-inflammatory properties. These are full of good fats and can make an excellent addition to your keto diet. One ounce of shelled sunflower seeds contains 14 gms of fat and 4 gms of net carbs.
Your Keto Bread Replacement Has Arrived
When you first set out to make a bread low carb, you are going to need to replace all purpose flour with a low carb alternative. Typically we use almond flour or coconut flour.
Almond flour provides more flavor and a generally more delicious result.
Coconut flour is much more absorbent and can oftentimes result in a dry loaf of bread.
Rather than trying to substitute coconut flour for almond flour, you are usually better off looking for alternative keto recipes that uses your desired flour, because they behave so differently in recipes. Either option is going to be a big improvement over wheat bread.
Read Also: Small Pie Pans With Lids
Can You Eat Flaxseed Bread On Keto
The amount of carbs in flaxseed bread will vary recipe to recipe. Some versions are made with wheat flour NOT keto.
So, is this flaxseed bread keto friendly? Yes, this recipe sure is!
I used a blend of flax and almond flour for a bread thats keto, low carb, and packed with nutritious ingredients.
Can You Freeze Keto Almond Bread
Yes, you can freeze low carb bread for 3-6 months.
For easier retrieval, slice it first and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Once frozen solid, you can transfer your carb free bread slices to a freezer bag. That way, you can just grab a slice and pop it in the toaster when you want some.
Recommended Reading: What Are The Ingredients Of Shepherd’s Pie
Do You Need To Refrigerate Keto Bread
Yes, it is ideal to store keto bread in the refrigerator. It is also good to not slice the bread ahead of time. To prolong the shelf life of your keto bread you will want to slice it when you are hungry, and keep the entire loaf in a Ziploc bag, or a Tupperware container in the fridge. It will last in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Keto Yeast Bread Ingredients
The ingredients to make this keto bread recipe with yeast are pretty straight-forward:
- Active dry yeast This gives the bread the classic yeast flavor, obviously! If youre pulling yeast out of the pantry, make sure its fresh and active, it does go bad!
- Inulin powder The inulin acts as the sugar for yeast so the yeast can be fed without sugar. I was SO happy when I found out I could make yeast dishes with no trace of sugar whatsoever.
- Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix Cant have yeast bread without bread! This mix makes a perfectly chewy, bubbly loaf with clean ingredients.
- Butter I prefer grass-fed for best flavor, but you can use whatever you keep at home. Coconut oil should work fine as well, but know that the bread mix contains whey, so the bread would not be dairy-free regardless.
- Eggs Use large eggs, not medium or jumbo.
- Unsweetened almond milk You can use any keto milk here.
Also Check: Easy Chicken Pot Pie With Campbell’s Soup
Instructions On How To Prepare On How To Make Keto Almond Flour Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds.
- Dont over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make a hot dog or hamburger buns.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 5060 minutes, depending on the size of your bread.
- Theyre done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.
- Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.
Read on how to prepare a sausage breakfast bake.
Which Ingredients Can Be Changed In This Low
There are a few simple swaps to make this bread if you dont have all of the ingredients on hand.
First, you can easily swap the almond flour for cashew flour. I actually find it delicious and a bit sweeter than almond flour. In addition, you can sub sour cream for full-fat Greek yogurt
If you dont have shredded cheddar cheese, another melty cheese like Colby, edam, mozzarella, or gouda will all be delicious in this keto cheese bread recipe.
You May Like: Nothing Bundt Cakes Bundtlet Size
How To Make Sure Your Low Carb Bread Recipe Is Done
The only really challenging part about this low carb bread recipe is knowing when its done. It will look done before it actually is! And if you take it out too soon, it will fall and worse, it will be gummy inside.
Here are 2 ways to test for doneness:
Oven temperatures vary, so it might take a little experimentation in yours if its not done the first time. But in general, err on the side of more time and not less. You can always cover the top if it starts to burn, though Ive never had to do that.
The Perfect Almond Flour Bread Recipe
This almond flour bread recipe is easily one of my best recipes ever!
This simple, grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free almond flour bread is super easy to prepare and tastes absolutely incredible. Even if its your first time trying it out, you can expect results that look and taste professional.
A big issue with many gluten-free loaves of bread is that they are highly processed and not much better for you than most wheat bread. Even without gluten, these highly processed breads may still trigger inflammation or digestive distress.
After playing around with almond flour bread recipes for a few weeks, Im really happy with this recipe. Its similar to the texture of banana breadthick, dense, and ultra-satisfying.
You May Like: Homes For Sale In Pie Town Nm