Make Ahead + Storage Tips
- To Make Ahead. The filling can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months . Add it to the crust just before baking.
- To Store. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The crust may be a little less crisp after it has been in the refrigerator, but it will still taste delicious.
- To Reheat. Reheat leftover chicken pot pie in a pie dish in the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed through. You can also rewarm this recipe in the microwave.
- To Freeze. Place leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
You May Like: Damngood Pies
Hot Fireball Apple Cider Toddy
Published: by Shelby Law Ruttan
Fireball Apple Cider is a hot toddy made with Fireball Whisky and apple cider. This fall cocktail will have you toasty and warm in even the chilliest of days or evenings! It is the perfect beverage to serve in the fall when the apples are in season and fresh cider is abundant.
I love to enjoy this spiked apple cider when standing around the firepit with a hot beverage, conversing with friends and staying toasty warm.
I like to serve Fireball Apple Cider on Christmas Eve while the family is gathered around the fireplace or snuggling up to your loved one watching a movie.
Let The Filling Cool Down
Its essential to cool down the hot chicken mixture to room temperature or below. You dont want it to melt the butter in the pie crusts completely. Otherwise, it wont hold its shape. I recommend spreading the filling out on a sheet pan, then stirring occasionally to drop the temperature down faster. You can also place it in the refrigerator for quicker cooling. At this point, you can store it in a container for up to 2 days.
You May Like: The Original Key Lime Pie Company
How To Make Jello Shots
The basics of jello shots go like this: In a medium saucepan, mix boiling water with flavored gelatin. Add your favorite liquor, in this case, Fireball whisky, though you can use any brand of cinnamon whiskey for these recipes. Pour into small cups or small jello molds and set in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, or until the gelatin is firm. Jello shots don’t take a lot of prep time, but you do have to give them a chance to chill set.
Jello shots have endless variations. You can swap another liquid for the water, use unflavored gelatin, top with whipped cream and even turn your Jell-o mix into a dessert. No matter what kind of shindig you’re throwing, we’ve got a jello shot you can serve.
The Addition Of Caramel Vodka To This Moonshine Recipe Brings A Depth Of Flavor That Tastes Like You Submerged A Werther’s Original Caramel
We use it to polish cutlery, make pie crust impossibly flaky and, most importantly, to perfect homemade tomato sauce.but when it comes to cocktails, we usually don’t venture past the trusty vodka soda .it’s a shame though, since vodka is distilled multiple times to get a clean, smooth flavor that can pair well with just about anything. There’s a subtle difference between apple pie moonshine and applejack moonshine, although you can make the first by using the second. A big batch recipe at heart, you can play around with ratios to perfect your own drink! Find the full recipe here. Cherry pie is americana, nothing. Apple pie moonshine made with vodka. Infusing classic apple pie spices into that final applejack shine turns it into evocative. This is really a flavored moonshine recipe. This apple pie moonshine recipe is crazy good! A good clear peach moonshine recipe starts with quality peaches. Bourbon & whiskey cocktail ideas. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves. Skip that slice of pie and instead have an apple pie dessert cocktail, made with vanilla vodka. It’s a really easy recipe that doesn’t require a moonshine still or any complicated steps. It goes down very easy but really packs a punch.
To inspire you to get baking, we’ve apple pie moonshine recipe. And typically, an apple crisp has oats in the topping that adds a little crunch.
Read Also: Key West Key Lime Pie The Profit
Apple Pie Shot Recipe
Theres no better way to enjoy hot apple cider than with this tasty drink. This shot is like having a slice of apple pie in your hand, a mixture of cinnamon sugar, vinegar, and apple cider. Its easy to stay cozy at home while you sip on this apple pie shot recipe.
In addition to Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, butterscotch schnapps rounds out the shot with a distinctive sweetness, evoking that of a buttery pastry crust. Lemon juice keeps things from getting too sweet, and apple cider provides that spicy warmth that anyone will love.
How To Make An Apple Cider Cocktail That Taste Like Apple Pie
The first thing you want to do to make this cocktail is mix cinnamon and sugar together. Put the mixture on a small plate. Then run a wet towel or lemon slice around the rim of the glass. Finally spin the glass rim in the cinnamon and sugar on the plate. The glass is now ready for the cocktail.
To make this apple cider cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Then add the three different liquors to the shaker.
Next pour the apple cider into the shaker. Shake the cocktail until the outside of the shaker begins to ice up or get condensation. This will be about 15-20 seconds. Put ice in the cinnamon and sugar rimmed glass and pour the cocktail over the top of the ice.
Garnish the apple cider cocktail with an apple slice.
Read Also: Bean Pie Meme
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie From Scratch
Prepare the Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/204.
- Saute veggies Heat butter or oil in a large pot over medium heat. Then add onions, celery, thyme, garlic, and carrots. Cook and stir for about about 6-7 minutes, until tender.
Prepare the Filling
- Make the roux Stir in flour until flour has been fully incorporated, stirring for about a minute. Gradually stir in half and half and broth.
- Make the gravy Bring to a boil, stirring constantly cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbles.
Add the chicken Gradually add in chicken, peas, parsley, Creole seasoning remove from heat. Adjust salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste.
- Prepare the pie crust Unroll pie crusts. Cover the bottom of the casserole and reserve the rest for the top.
- Add the filling Place chicken mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish or desired baking dish. Cover with remaining pastry. Trim, seal, and flute edges.
- Egg wash Brush with egg wash mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.
- Mini Homemade Chicken Pot Pies in Ramekins If you want to make mini pot pies, heres the photo.
You May Like: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pie
How Do You Make An Apple Pie Alcoholic Drink
The best and easiest way is to use a high quality apple flavored vodka. I had a bottle of Wild Roots Apple & Cinnamon Infused Vodka and I absolutely love making cocktails with it. This delicious shot literally took me 53 seconds to make.
Honestly, you could just use this apple infused vodka and nothing else, but I am not one to be able to drink vodka unless it’s diluted with some juice. I made this apple pie shot recipe with equal parts vodka and apple juice. My favorite kind of juice to use is Trader Joe’s Honeycrisp cider. Stock up now… it’s one of their seasonal products that isn’t always in stock year round.
To add to the flavor of apple pie, I topped with apple flavored shot with whipped cream and caramel sauce. In hindsight, I wish I had named this cocktail recipe Caramel Apple Shot instead of Caramel Apple Pie Shot because there really isn’t a pie element. I suppose serving it with a pie crust cookie would have done the trick!
Read Also: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
A Fun Shot For Thanksgiving And Fall Parties
These Apple Pie Shots are going to be the hit of any partyespecially a holiday like Thanksgiving! You can serve up your favorite apple desserts and then have these shots on the side!
These whiskey and RumChata shots are so easy to make, you can even rim the shot glasses ahead of time and have them ready for you. The actual drink recipe here is for one shot, but you will obviously have enough pie crust to make several drinks, so make as many as you want.
Please Remember To Share On Facebook And Pin It
- Yields: 12 JELL-O shots
- 12 plastic soufflé cups with lids
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups spiced apple cider
- 2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Crown Royal Apple Whiskey
- 1/2 cup Fireball cinnamon flavored whiskey
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
You May Like: Midnight Moonshine Flavors
More Southern Chicken Recipes
- Southern Fried Chicken When someone says Southern Comfort Food, the first thing that comes to mind is fried chicken. Now, not every recipe is worthy of being called comfort food, but this spicy and mouthwatering recipe is.
- Chicken ala King marries different veggies, mushrooms, and chopped chicken all in a thick, flavorful, and creamy sauce.
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup this rich and creamy recipe uses my secret weapon for a flavorful broth, evaporated milk. Why water your soup down with plain milk? Add some inventive spices and breathe in the wonderful aroma deeply.
- Nashville Hot Chicken The crispy, crunchy coating and flavor-packed hot sauce make this dish perfect for game day or any day.
How To Make Homemade Chicken Pot Pie:
2. Sauté veggies: In another saucepan, cook the onions and celery in butter. Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, bouillon paste, and celery seed. Add water water and milk. simmer the mixture until it thickens. Add chopped chicken and frozen vegetables to the hot mixture.
3. Add to pie crust: Pour the mixture into your prepared pie crust and cover with the top crust. Prick a few holes in the crust
4. Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes.
Dont Miss: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Ar
You May Like: Recipe For Muslim Bean Pie
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Crust
Making the filling is simple and easy. But the chicken pot pie crust is waaay easier than you think it is.
You can either buy a frozen pastry crust at your local grocery store or do it from scratch using this 5-ingredient homemade pie crust. Both work fine, actually.
If you want to go the homemade route, you can make it ahead of time and put it in the freezer until ready to assemble your chicken pot pie.
You May Like: Midnight Moon Apple Pie Moonshine Drink Recipes
Homemade Apple Pie Jello Shots
These Homemade Apple Pie Jello Shots are perfect for any fall party or get together even Thanksgiving with the family. The days leading up to the holidays are stressful so my family definitely likes to have fun the day of.
Happy Friday! I like to post boozy treats right before the weekend because you never know when it can come in handy.
When is the last time you had a jello shot? Mine was just last week when I posted my bloody vodka jello shot syringes. As a matter of fact, I feel like jello shots are definitely making a come back. Or maybe they never left and I am just out of the loop.
Lastly, ever since Ive been making tons of holiday treats, Ive realized how creative you can get with them. You can bring them to any event birthdays, baby showers, Christmas, 4th of July, you name it. Jello shots can definitely make an appearance.
Read Also: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Vanilla Apple Pie Moonshine
This recipe tastes amazing cold or warmed and the alcohol taste is very minimal. The longer it sits in the jars before you drink it, the better it will taste!
Provided by jtappan
|1 bottle 151 proof grain alcohol|
|2 cups cake-flavored vodka|
- Combine apple juice, apple cider, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla extract, and cloves together in a large pot bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sugars are dissolved, about 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Stir grain alcohol and vodka into apple juice mixture. Remove cinnamon sticks and set aside. Pour moonshine into bottles add 1 cinnamon stick per bottle and seal. Store moonshine in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Sodium 8.3 mg, Sugar 21.7 g
The Best Fireball Whisky Cocktail Recipes
Love it or hate it, Fireball is a force in the beverage space. Its spicy cinnamon flavor is instantly recognizable and has captured the hearts and palates of Americans and Canadians alike. Since its uptick in popularity in the 2010s, Fireball has found its way into Disney World desserts, Thanksgiving staples, and cocktails of all sorts.
From summery beverages paired best with oceanside adventures to winter sippers to warm you from the inside out, read on for 12 of the best Fireball Whisky cocktails updated for 2021!
Also Check: The Key Lime Pie Company