Lime Jello Cool Whip Pie Recipe
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When you want something cool and refreshing that takes no time at all, this lime Jello Cool Whip pie is the perfect dessert. It’s great for summer parties and picnics, and it’s so easy, the kids could make it themselves. It isn’t really an adequate substitute for key lime pie, but it has a similar sweet-tart flavor. Garnish with fresh lime slices.
Of course, you could easily make this pie with lemon Jello and lemon yogurt, peach Jello and peach yogurt…the possibilities are limited only to your imagination.
- 1 package lime Jello
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 containers key lime yogurt
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Garnish: lime slices and whipped cream
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Research shows that eating 3 daily servings of low-fat calcium-rich dairy foods like yogurt can play an important role in weight loss plans.
- tip 2 The extra-tart Key lime is smaller, rounder and yellower than the standard Persian limes found at most grocery-stores. When purchasing, look for smooth-skinned, heavy limes. These are indications the fruit is fresh and juicy. Unless you live in the Florida Keys, you might have to visit a specialty shop to find Key limes and you can expect to pay accordingly. An alternative to buying Key limes is to look for Key lime juice at your grocery store.
- tip 3 While this recipe calls for using a store-bought graham cracker crust, you could easily make your own. For step-by-step instructions, check out our article on How to Make Graham Cracker Crust.
What Youll Need To Make Key Lime Pie
- Youll need 8 to 10 limes total for this recipe. Choose plump limes that give a little when you squeeze them they will be easier to juice. You should get about 2 tablespoons of juice from each lime. Be sure to zest the limes before you squeeze the juice from them, as its near impossible to do afterward.
- Sweetened condensed milk is canned milk from which water has been removed, and sugar has been added. Be sure not to confuse it with evaporated milk, which is usually sold right alongside.
- With no eggs, it may be hard to believe that this pie will set, but have faith it will.
Don’t Miss: The Key Lime Pie Company
The Difference Between Key Lime And Lime
Although they are both green citrus fruits, there is a big difference between key limes and regular limes.
Key limes, also known as Mexican limes, are smaller in size than the kind youll find in most U.S. stores. By the way, the larger limes are commonly known as Tahitian limes or Persian limes. Ive heard that if you want tart key lime flavor, you DO NOT use Persian limes. Key limes are small but have big, bold flavor.
More About Key Lime Pie With Yogurt Recipes
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE – COOKING LSL
- Preheat oven to 350F.In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Mix with a spatula to combine.Spread evenly on the bottom and sides of a pie dish .
- Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, vanilla and sugar together until stiff peaks. Lifting the whisk, the peaks should hold their shape.
EASY KEY LIME PIE WITH GREEK YOGURT – GLOBALLY FLAVORED
- Melt the butter and combine with sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press the mixture firmly into a pie pan with your fingers or knuckles. Bake for 7-8 minutes, then take out of the oven to cool.
- Whisk together the lime juice, 1 tablespoon of lime zest, sweetened condensed milk, and Greek yogurt. Pour into the pie pan on top of the crust and then sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of lime zest on top. Bake for 10 minutes until the filling has just set.
- Let the pie chill for about 20 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream.
KEY LIME GREEK YOGURT PIE – FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
- Pour the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie pan spread evenly and press firmly over the bottom and slightly up the sides.
CREAMY GREEK YOGURT KEY LIME CHEESECAKE – BAKER BY NATURE
KEY LIME PIE | RICARDO
BEST-EVER KEY LIME PIE – ONCE UPON A CHEF
You May Like: Navy Bean Pie Recipe
What Exactly Is Jell
“Jell-O is sold prepared or in powder form, and is available in various colors and flavors. The powder contains powdered gelatin and flavorings, including sugar or artificial sweeteners. It is dissolved in hot water, then chilled and allowed to set. Fruit, vegetables, and whipped cream can be added to make elaborate snacks that can be molded into shapes. Jell-O must be put in a refrigerator until served, and once set, it can be eaten.
In 1897, in LeRoy, New York, carpenter, and cough syrup manufacturer, Pearle Bixby Wait trademarked a gelatin dessert, called Jell-O. He and his wife May added strawberry, raspberry, orange and lemon flavoring to granulated gelatin and sugar. Then in 1899, Jell-O was sold to Orator Francis Woodward , whose Genesee Pure Food Company produced the successful Grain-O health drink. Part of the legal agreement between Woodward and Wait dealt with the similar Jell-O name.”
How To Make A Lime Jello Pie Step By Step:
See, that isnt that hard is it? I didnt think so. The best part about this Jello Pie is that you can make it with literally any flavor of jello you desire.
There is something about lime that really gets me. I really love any kind of citrus flavor and this has the perfect amount of it that doesnt overpower the pie itself.
When it comes to this Lime Jello Pie, you really cant go wrong. IT IS SO EASY! I really dont need to reiterate that point because just look at it!
Read Also: The Key Lime Pie Company
Watch How To Make Another No Bake Dessert Recipe Here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
No Bake Cheesecake is incredibly easy to make, and the best part is, you can eat it as soon as you are done preparing it. Its so creamy and full of flavor. Watch how to make it, here:
How To Make Mini Key Lime Pies
- In a large bowl, blend together the yogurt, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest until completely smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a large mixing bowl, whip 1 cup cold heavy cream until soft peaks form, about 2-3 minute. Do not overbeat.
- Add the lime mixture that was set aside to the whipped cream and fold in gently, blending just until the lumps disappear. Do not overmix.
- Fill the 12 mini pie crusts with the mixture. Put the pans on a baking tray and place in the refrigerator.
- Whip the last cup of heavy cream in a cold mixing bowl with cold beaters until soft peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Add the confectioners sugar and beat to incorporate. Do not overbeat or the whipped cream will collapse into a liquid.
- Top the pies with the whipped cream.
Also Check: Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie Key West
Cool Whip Key Lime Pie
Using Cool Whip whipped topping as one of the main ingredients in this easy no bake pie recipe yields one of the most luscious and creamy desserts you’ll ever taste. If you’re looking for the perfect take-along for a picnic or potluck, this Cool Whip Key Lime Pie is just the thing! Make this during spring and summer and you’re sure to have a winning treat on your hand. Recipes with lime are light and oh so refreshing for the warm weather months.
Thanks for your comment. Don’t forget to share!
LOVE this easy take on key lime pie. It has always seemed so daunting to make, but this looks awesome.
I always thought that key lime pie would be so challenging to make but this recipe is so very simple! Thank you for the suggestions about using fresh cream or real whipped cream instead of the cool whip! Do you substitute the exact same amount if you use those other options?!
Key Lime Pie is not at all well known here in South Africa but since I was first introduced to it about 10 years ago it has been one of my best delicious go to desserts and this recipe is particularly good! When I dont have any Cool Whip I replace it with fresh cream which is what I did for this recipe and it was very very yummy!
May 13, 2013
How To Make Homemade Sweetened Whipped Cream
- ¾ cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
In a mixing bowl, using a whisk or a hand mixer, combine the cream and confectioners sugar just until slightly firm peaks are formed. This will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Pie is a classic dessert to share with family, whether it’s a holiday, potluck, or dinner together. There are plenty of delicious pie recipes out there. Try Atlantic Beach Pie, Ginger Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, or Streusel Apple Pie.
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie On A Stick Key West
Heres What Youll Need For Your No
1- Container Cool-Whip
3- Containers Key Lime Pie Greek Yogurt
1- Graham Cracker Crust
Optional- Lime zest for garnish
Fold your yogurt and whipped topping together in a mixing bowl, until thoroughly combined.
Now spoon the mixture into your graham cracker crust. Sprinkle with lime zest if desired.
Now cover it and pop it in the freezer for at least an hour.
Yep, thats it. It is really that easy!
It can be made and frozen a few days in advance if youd like, just remove it from the freezer for about 15-20 minutes before serving so that it can soften just a bit.
So whip one of these up for your next party or picnic. These no-bake key lime pies are sure to be a hit and you dont have to tell anyone how crazy easy they are to make!
Additional Time: Total Time:
This no-bake key lime pie comes together with only 3 ingredients. It is so simple and is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
- 3- Containers Key Lime Pie Greek Yogurt
- 1 Container Cool Whip thawed
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
How To Make Key Lime Pie
For the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
Read Also: Shepherds Pie Campbells Soup
No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Graham Cracker Pies
Turn that oven off! Stay cool with my No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Graham Cracker Mini Pies. They are the perfect dessert this summer!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessPies #CollectiveBias
The weather man is calling for a hot summer.
It has something to do with La Niña. I plan on grilling out as much as possible.
Keep dessert simple too by mixing together Greek yogurt and cream cheese with your favorite fruits or add-ins for an easy no bake pie thats great for any occasion. These are the ideal no bake key lime pies.
Simply delicious, tart yet sweet!
Summertime is right around the corner and that means swim and baseball season are in full swing, no pun intended.
Because we are a busy family, Im always looking for simple recipes, and desserts are no exception.
These easy-to-make mini pies are the perfect dessert that I can make ahead of time and who doesnt love digging into the sweet, tart and tangy taste of key lime pie.
These individual portions are perfect after a barbecue dinner with the family. And I always make extra for the neighbors.
After all, whipping these up is as easy as pie!
A quick trip to Walmart for my ingredients and Im ready to make my effortless pies.
I picked up a few containers of Dannon® Oikos® Key Lime Greek Yogurt, a block of cream cheese, a six count of Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crust, Reddi-wip® topping and some coconut and fresh blackberries.
Can I Use Other Flavors Of Jello
We have been through the rainbow with this pie so yes you absolutely can, you will need to swap out your yogurt for a plain yogurt or a similar flavored yogurt but other flavors include:
Whatever kind of Jello there is out there, you can absolutely use it hands down, go crazy and create all the Jello Pie Recipes that you can!
This is such a versatile pie and, I love giving my readers base recipes that you can really make your own and try with different flavors.
You will have to come back and tell me if you tried this Lime Jello Pie as is or if you tried it with a different jello flavor and what you thought of it!
Really we just cant get enough of it. It is one of those pies that just remind me of my childhood since it was made so often.
Those recipes to me are the best and are near and dear to my heart, so this Lime Jello Pie among others are one of our favorites ever and we will keep on making it.
It is really fun to make if you have kids as well as there really is no dangerous aspect as in using an oven or chopping.
Read Also: The Profit Key Lime
Should I Use Greek Yogurt Or Sour Cream
I opted for Greek yogurt for this key lime pie because it has no saturated fat and fewer calories than sour cream. I also like how greek yogurt comes in single one-cup servings so there is no fuss trying to get the correct amount into a measuring cup. Both sour cream and greek yogurt add creaminess to the pie.