Can I Freeze The Crust
This gluten-free graham cracker crust can be easily made ahead of time and then frozen for later. Once the crust is completely cooled, wrap it in foil and then place it in a plastic freezer bag. Make sure your pie pan is freezer friendly.
You can freeze the crust and keep it in your freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in your refrigerator before using it in your recipe.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Bread Crumbs Kroger
Have Used Traditional Wheat And Gluten
The traditional and wheat work perfectly. Ive used them for a few different pies, and people raved. Both came out flaky and delicious 5 stars. The gluten-free pie shell tastes good, but was more finicky. It was definitely under-baked per the instructions and even with a couple extra minutes of baking. With the right timing though, it could be good 3.5 stars.
What To Make With Puff Pastry
Puff pastry is a versatile dough that lends itself to making a variety of savory and sweet recipes. I admit, since Ive been on the gluten-free diet for so long, I dont know much about cooking or baking with puff pastry. Its been a steep learning curve for me.
Regardless if you buy the dough or make it yourself , the dough is typically flakey, buttery, and savory. Most puff pastry doughs do not contain sugar, so they can be used for a variety of sweet and savory recipes.
Savory recipes made with gluten-free puff pastry might include:
There are so many options, and you can have fun playing with the dough and creating fun recipes with it.
Read Also: Pie Nation Pizza
Gluten Free Pot Pie Crust
This skillet pot pie gets topped with my Foolproof Gluten Free Pie Crust. Nobody can tell that this crust is gluten free, and you can make it months ahead of time! Youll need a half batch of the dough for the pot pie, but you can freeze the other half . I make this pot pie year-round, but its a mainstay on my table during the holiday season, when Im already making pie dough.
Outer Aisle Cauliflower Pizza Crusts
Another certified gluten free and easy-to-find pizza crust brand is Outer Aisle! They make two pizza crust options , and they are gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, nut-free, and low carb!
Look for Outer Aisle pizza crusts in natural foods stores like Sprouts Farmers Market, Whole Foods Market, and local health food stores. You can use their product locator to find the closest store to you! If you have a Whole Foods near you, you can .
Don’t Miss: Tomato Pie Delivery
Tips For This Recipe:
- This pot pie gets assembled and baked in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. If you dont have a cast iron skillet you can use any deep-sided skillet, or you can make the filling in a saucepan and transfer it to a deep dish pie plate or baking dish.
- You’ll need to make this Gluten Free Pie Crust before beginning this recipe . You’ll only need a half batch of the dough, but you can freeze the other half or use it in an Apple Galette, Strawberry Galette or SavorySpinach Galette.
- Youll need one rotisserie chicken for this recipe, or you can use leftover shredded chicken or turkey.
- For a vegetarian pot pie, swap out the chicken for 3 cups of roasted vegetables .
- Creme fraiche gives the stew a slight creaminess and a subtle tang that balances the savory flavors, but you can swap it out for full-fat sour cream or heavy cream .
*This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links to products I use and love . Thank you for supporting From Scratch Fast!
What Desserts Do You Make With A Gluten
A gluten-free graham cracker crust is used in a lot of dessert recipes. The most popular recipe is cheesecake. I have an easy recipe for Gluten-Free Mini Cheesecakes that uses a gluten-free graham cracker crust. Other popular desserts are gluten-free key lime pie, chocolate pie, no-bake desserts, and Smores bars.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Mini Chicken Pot Pie
Symbols Highlighting Products Certified Gf & Those Made In A Dedicated Gf Facility
Gluten-free grocery shopping does not have to be a challenge. Thanks to the Cecelias Marketplace Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide, youll no longer spend hours looking at nutrition labels or calling up food manufacturers to find out which products are gluten-free. We have done all the research for you!
This guide is an alphabetized gluten-free product listing of over 45,000 food and drink items. Its small compact size can easily fit in a purse or coat pocket. With this book, youll get quick, reliable information about all of your favorite brands as well as other important gluten-free information. Major food manufacturers like Heinz, General Mills, Del Monte and Frito Lay are all included. Plus, the items from your favorite supermarket chains, like Albertsons, Hy-Vee, Kroger, Meijer, Publix, Safeway, Trader Joes, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Winn Dixie, Wegmans and more are listed. Youll be able to quickly look up the information you need within seconds, cutting your grocery shopping time in half.
Youll be happy to know that weve also included a BONUS of over 3,000 over-the-counter pharmacy products, including antacids, pain relief, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, supplements, vitamins and more.
Stay happy, healthy and gluten-free!
You May Like: Gluten Free Dairy Free Bakery
Tips For Making This Recipe:
- You’ll need a half batch of this perfect pie crustfor this galette . Take note that the pie crust dough needs to rest for 30 minutes before rolling out. Be sure to check out the video below to see how I roll it!
- To make this galette gluten free, use Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour in the crust dough .
- Vanilla paste is one of my favorite “superpower” ingredients, lending this galette a rich vanilla flavor at a fraction of the cost of fresh vanilla beans . That said, you can use vanilla extract or fresh vanilla bean seeds instead.
- Brushing the apples with warm after the galette comes out of the oven gives them a shiny appearance, like a French pastry. If your jam is chunky, strain it before using.
- A rimless baking sheetis perfect for cooking galettes and cookies, although you can use a rimmed sheet if that’s all you have.
- Be sure to try my Strawberry GaletteRecipe and my Savory Spinach Galette!
Also Check: Fried Key Lime Pie Key West
Gluten Free Puff Pastry
Contributed by: Sarah House for Bobs Red Mill Test Kitchen
Prep Time: 60 minutes | Rest Time: 20 hours | Yield: approx. 36 oz
- 12 oz Butter, cold, divided
- 6-8 oz Ice Water
1. Cube 4 oz of cold butter and place in a large bowl with Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix.
2. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until the mixture is the consistency of coarse cornmeal.
3. Add ice water as needed until the mixture forms a consistent and well-hydrated dough.
4. Form dough into a rectangle and wrap well in plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Meanwhile, shape the remaining 8 oz of butter into a wide, flat rectangle .
6. Wrap in parchment paper, then tightly in plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Remove dough and butter block from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature until butter is just soft enough that a fingertip can make a dent in it with moderate pressure.
8. Roll the unwrapped dough between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper to a square twice the size of the butter block.
9. Remove the top layer of plastic or parchment from the dough and unwrap the butter block. Place the butter block in the center of the dough square.
10. Fold the top and bottom edges of the dough over the butter, then fold in the sides.
11. Place the butter-filled dough in between two clean pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
12. Roll the dough into a long rectangle about 10 x 16 inches.
Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Crusts
Buy Online: Wholly Gluten Free
Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Crusts come in a frozen 3-pack and are certified gluten free, certified vegan, Kosher, non-GMO and are free from many common allergens, such as eggs, casein, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame seeds.
This brand is a little harder to find than others, but you can find it at select stores including The Fresh Market, Kroger, and Sprouts. Type in your location in their store locator, and then click product search to look specifically for their pizza crust. You can also buy their pizza crusts online from the Wholly Gluten Free website!
Recommended Reading: I Ate Some Pie Math Equation
What Are Graham Crackers
Graham crackers are a type of sweet cracker, almost cookie-like in flavor, that are usually enjoyed as a snack food. Theyre commonly served to kids and enjoyed with smores and even turned into pie crusts.
They come in a plain flavor, but can also be found in honey, chocolate, or cinnamon flavors. Ive also seen them at candy shops dipped in chocolate.
Also Check: Whole Foods Gluten Free Flour
Crusty Browned Perfect Pie Crust Is Hard To Find
Used Wholley Gluten Free Pie Crust for a Chicken Pot Pie. I prebaked the bottom crust for 12 minutes to brown then filled with prepared chicken pot pie ingredients. I think I let the pie crust thaw for too long as it was hard to separate from foil pan for the top crust, but I used a spatula to upside down the dough onto the pie. Had to piece together a bit but covered well. As a long time gluten free person, I can tell you its hard to find tasty pie crusts. I have used Bobs do it yourself pie crust which is a lot of work. This is easy and the results are the same if not better. I did bake for much longer than instructed but just let the browning of the crust guide me. It was crispy and delicious. I cant wait to make a lemon meringue my favorite, and I know this is the crust to do it with.
You May Like: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Sauce
The Best Low Carb Pie Crust
This gluten free almond flour pie crust tastes just like Pillsbury. Not even kidding! The yummy low carb and sugar free pie crust is the perfect foundation for my homemade sugar free pumpkin pie recipe. This is probably my favorite crust that I’ve ever made. Keto or not! It’s so good! I’d say it’s the best part of the pie.
And don’t worry, this keto pie crust is actually super simple to make. It does tend to be a little more difficult to work with than traditional pie crusts , but any holes or rips can be easily patched up with the extra dough.
Want to skip the crust all-together? This pumpkin pie filling can be baked without a crust for the perfect crustless pumpkin pie recipe! Just make sure to grease your pie pan really well or bake in a silicone muffin pan. If you’re a first time baker or a little nervous about making a crust, this could be a great option for you. Although, I will say, this crust truly is easy to make!
A List Of Pumpkin Products We Found In Grocery Stores To Welcome Fall
While pumpkin patches have been sprouting up along roadways this month, local grocery stores have been offering a bounty of pumpkin-flavored foods since summer.
Gone are the pumpkin spice Pringles of years past. The 2021 harvest includes pumpkin spice ramen and a cornucopia of pumpkin drinks, including cold brew coffees, seltzers and beers.
We visited the most popular local grocery store chains to see what we could reap for a wrap-up of autumn foods flavored with pumpkin.
Also Check: Turkey Pot Pie Campbell’s Soup
Just Tell Me What To Eat
The Delicious 6-Week Weight Loss Plan for the Real World
Timothy S. Harlan, MD, FACP has counseled thousands of his patients on healthy, sustainable weight loss. Now hes compiled his best tips and recipes into a six-week plan for you to learn how to eat great food that just happens to be great for you.
Get the prescription for better health as well as healthy weight loss, including:
What to eat
Lower Prices & Great Quality On Thousands Of Products
When you see SE you know youre winning! Shop 20% lower everyday prices* and great quality on your favorite items. SE Grocers is an exclusive line of store brands with a great selection of products. Enjoy the same quality as beloved national brands! Everything from fresh items, to grocery staples, to household must-haves.*20% lower everyday price compared to our national brand equivalent. See store for details.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Puff Pastry Frozen
You May Like: Church’s Chicken Apple Pie
Sisters Salsa Products Now On Shelves In 500 Winn
Avoyelles Parish-based 2 Sisters Salsas three sugar- and gluten-free products are now in 300 Winn-Dixie stores in five southeast states, the company announced last week.
The products first hit the shelves about a year ago, said sales manager Denise Ramon. Winn-Dixie carries the three flavors Original, Fiesta and Jalapeno in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The salsa company, is also available at Walmart, Brookshire Brothers, Albertsons, United Supermarkets, Super Foods, Food Depot and Rouses Markets.
We are growing our brand with aggressive promotions, store samplings and expanding store distribution, she said.
The company was designed with these type of large-scale expansions in mind.
The facility where we produce our product was built for the present and the future, said CEO/President Patrick Deshotels. We can meet current demand, but we can also expand further in the years to come.
Creamy Brussels Sprout Filo Pie
This Brussels Sprout Filo Pie has a creamy filling of shredded sprouts with a crown of scrunched phyllo pastry. Its bursting with wintery flavor and makes a show stopping vegetarian or vegan main dish. A great recipe for Christmas or using up leftovers.
Recipe sponsored by Microplane
This Brussels Sprout Filo Pie is made with a shredded sprout and vegetable filling enveloped in a creamy sage sauce, topped with pretty scrunched filo pastry.
The results are a wintery tasty pie with a beautiful crispy topping. Bliss. Make it vegetarian or vegan.
You can even prep this phyllo pie ahead and serve it for the holidays. Or use up your Christmas leftovers and serve it on Boxing Day!
I was delighted when Microplane® recently got in touch to ask me to make a recipe using some of their products.
They not only wanted me to use the classic Zester Grater but also their Adjustable V-Blade Slicer with Julienne Feature. Gazing at my vegetable drawer, I instantly knew that I wanted to use them to make you this Brussels Sprout Filo Pie.
Shredded sprouts take on a life of their own – whether cooked, like in this pie, or raw in a salad. A V-blade slicer makes quick work of shredding them so you dont have to use a knife.
Weve all moved on from over-boiled Brussels sprouts, right? Lately, were all discovering just how versatile the humble sprout can be.
And sprouts are for life , not just for Christmas.
But the real glory of this pie is the scrunched filo pastry topping.
Read Also: Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pie