How To Make Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie:
First place everything in the crock pot except the biscuits.
Then cover and cook on low all day in your favorite crock pot . You can also cook on high for 4-6 hours if you need dinner on the table quicker.
Next remove the chicken and shred. Add the chop chicken back into the crock pot and stir to combine this chicken with the other ingredients.
Towards the end of the cook time of this great recipe, bake the biscuits and serve a biscuit on top of each bowl when serving. I like using the biscuits as its easier than having to create a pie crust! Im all about saving time in the kitchen.
It is delicious and very easy!
This recipe is so easy to make but simply tastes delicious. It has the comfort food of a chicken pot pie without all the work of actually making a pie.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Dinner
Doesnt life just seem even more hectic than usual these days? Schedules are packed, deadlines are due, and it feels like any spare minute is spent planning the next errand or task.
When you cant seem to slow down, its definitely time to get out the slow cooker. Crock pot recipes are the best, particularly when you know youre in for a long day and want to enjoy a home cooked dinner without much effort.
I often find that I have more quiet time, and frankly, more energy, at the beginning of the day. After working and tending to the household all day, I feel pretty drained by the time evening rolls around. To avoid the inevitable whatre we having tonight? dread, I turn to my trusty slow cooker first thing in the morning to set myself up for a dinnertime success.
This Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping recipe is perfect for those that like a set-and-forget recipe. It tastes as if you labored for hours over the stove, but really only takes a few minutes to put together And then the slow cooker does all of the hard work!
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Be sure to preheat your oven to 350°F in order to bake the biscuits on top of the hot stew.
- tip 2 Did you know that most removable slow-cooker inserts are actually ovenproof? Top with biscuits, and pop it in the oven for an easy finish. If yours is not ovenproof, bake biscuits separately as directed on can.
- tip 3 Size matters! We tested this recipe in smaller slow cookers, and while the chicken mixture works fine, the biscuits dont get done. To make this in a smaller slow cooker, bake biscuits separately as directed on can.
- tip 4 Try using your favorite frozen mixed vegetable combination in this recipe.
Don’t Miss: Key Lime Pie Delivery From Key West
How To Make Crock Pot Crustless Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped finely
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped finely
- 1 carrot cut into 2 inch long strips
- Â¼ cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Â½ teaspoon black pepper
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- a handful of spinach leaves, torn or chopped
Youll Need A Great Crock Pot To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Real Simple
Now if you dont have a crockpot or need a new one, I highly recommend this crockpot. . This is the crockpot that I love most. Woohoo!
I love that you can actually lock the lid down making it easy for when you take meals to potlucks. There are several others on sale here.
If you work all day, you may want to invest in a programmable crockpot. They are awesome because you can set them to start later, or to stop and switch to warm once the dinners are ready. has some on sale right now too.
Also, if you have been following me for awhile you know that I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has definitely become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
Now if you want to save yourself even more time then I really recommend these Crockpot liners. They make clean up a breeze. Instead of scrubbing and washing the pot, you can just toss the liner. It is practically no clean up.
Don’t Miss: Fried Key Lime Pie Key West
What Is Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Lets face the hard truth. We are busy. With our daily hustle, this slow cooker chicken pot pie is just what we needed. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is a simple solution to slaving away in the kitchen. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot pie is just the same as a traditional pot pie, but not encased in a crust. I simply throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning, and when I come home, the house smells incredible and dinner is served. I get to spend some time with my family and enjoy the evening hours with them before bedtime, rather than slaving away in the kitchen.
Pro tip: Bake the biscuits when you get home in the evening so it doesnt go stale while the chicken pot pie is cooking throughout the day.
Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
This Crock Pot Crustless Chicken Pot Pie recipe is one of my favorite crock pot chicken recipes.
I always fill a couple of freezer containers to save for lunch or dinner when I don’t feel like cooking.
I put all my crock pot chicken recipes on one page so those of you who love chicken as much as I do can easily find all my crock pot chicken recipes.
Read Also: Campbells Soup Recipes For Chicken Pot Pie
What You Need To Make This Easy Recipe For Pot Pie In The Slow Cooker
- A Crock Pot or Slow Cooker: I suggest a 5 Qt or larger.
- Biscuits: I love giving myself the ease of using a pop can of biscuits. But you can make them from scratch as well. My easy homemade buttermilk biscuits work really well here.
- A Sauce Pan: To make the sauce that goes over all those yummy vegetables. It is the usual players of carrots, potatoes, onions, etc. but you can add in others if you want. If adding something delicate, wait until part way through the cooking time so it doesnt get mushy.
- A Little Time: This recipe does not take too much hands on time, and can be made in the morning so you can set the slow cooker and forget it until later in the evening when you are ready to eat, but it does take time to work, so plan ahead so you dont end up hungry with half cooked chicken.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie In The Slow Cooker
Read Also: American Pie – Band Camp Trailer
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- For the biscuits, I like to use Grands Biscuits for the best results.
- If you need to substitute the russet potatoes, you can use yukon gold instead.
- Spraying the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray helps to ensure that none of the creamy filling gets burned on the side, so dont skip this step!
Can I use frozen chicken?
Yes, but youll want to let it thaw before using.
Can I make chicken pot pie in the oven?
Yes! We have a great recipe for baked chicken pot pie.
How long does chicken pot pie last?
In an airtight container in the fridge, this pot pie will stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
What is the best way to freeze chicken pot pie?
Make sure the chicken pot pie is totally cooled to room temperature. Then, transfer it to a food storage container and pop it into the freezer where itll stay fresh for up to 3 months.
This warm, creamy, and protein-packed dinner is sure to keep you cozy no matter how cold it gets outside!
Do I Need To Thaw The Frozen Vegetables Before Adding Them To The Slow Cooker
You actually dont! You can just add them right into the slow cooker to thaw and cook. The big difference between using fresh veggies and frozen veggies is that there is a chance that the frozen veggies will become a bit mushy during the cooking process which if why we tend to wait a bit before putting them in the crock pot.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
What Kind Of Slow Cooker For This Recipe
I made this in my casserole slow cooker which was perfect. The casserole liner transfers easily to the oven, or you could “bake” the crust right in the slow cooker.
You could easily adapt this to a regular slow cooker as well and then transfer to a casserole dish to bake the crust in the oven at the end.
How Much Does This Delicious Recipe Cost To Make
This costs us under $5 for a family of 6. The chicken is the most expensive part at around $3. Then we use a half package of frozen veggies which are $.99 per package. That means we use around $.50.
Add some potatoes and some rolls and we are still under $5, especially if we make our own drop biscuits. Remember, you can serve a hearty meal without spending a ton of money.
Also Check: Sing And Dance Pinkie Pie
Our Favorite One Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Now this recipe does call for a can of cream of chicken soup however, if you want, you can EASILY make your own can of cream of chicken soup. Make sure you check out that recipe to make this crock pot chicken pot pie healthy.
If you love this recipe I hope you try these other delicious Crock Pot Recipes!
Could You Use Biscuits Instead Of Pie Crust
Yes you can and Ive seen this done in a number of recipes. What you will do is:
- Either pre-bake the biscuits and serve them along side
- OR once the chicken is done, shredded and veggies are added, place canned biscuits on top of the filling in the slow cooker. Then remove the insert from the slow cooker and place it in a 350°F oven.
Also Check: Impossible Chicken Pot Pie Bisquick
Yes This Chicken Pot Pie Is Suitable For A Low Carb Diet As Each Serving Has Just 86 Grams Net Carbs
Chicken pot pie soup recipe healthy. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and saute for two minutes. Full ingredients list & measurements provided in the recipe card, below. We love reading all of your comments about how much you love the recipe.
Chicken pot pie soup recipe faqs is chicken pot pie soup healthy? How to make this instant pot healthy chicken pot pie soup start by sautéing your onions, carrots, and celery in ghee or olive oil in the instant pot on sauté mode until onions are soft. Is chicken pot pie soup keto?
We decided to take our famous chicken pot pie recipe. Add chicken, onion, carrots and celery to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes until chicken is browned and vegetables are softening. Chicken pot pie is ultimate comfort food and this creamy, chunky soup is loaded with chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, peas, carrots, corn, celery, onions and green beans in every bite.
This paleo chicken pot pie soup is loaded with veggies like. Is chicken pot pie soup healthy? Stir in chicken stock and bay leaf.
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Brush the dough with the egg wash, and cut slits into the top. Add minced garlic, diced red potatoes, 34tsp salt, 14tsp pepper and 12 tsp thyme and stir to.
Heat a dutch oven over medium. This pressure cooker or crockpot soup is the easiest chicken pot pie recipe. This healthy and easy chicken pot pie soup is easy to whip up in your instant pot, slow cooker, or on the stove!
Ingredients Notes And Shopping Tips
- Chicken Thighs: These are easy to work with, full of flavor, and usually cheap. You can also use chicken breasts if youre not a fan of dark meat.
- Low Sodium Broth: Use low sodium broth to avoid an overly salty broth. You can always add more salt to taste, but you cant take it away.
- Veggies: Other yummy vegetable ideas are onion, celery, potatoes, green beans, or even broccoli Use your favorites, and leave out the ones you dont like.
- Spices: I like onion/garlic powder, and thyme. Other spices to consider are oregano, rosemary, and marjoram. Just be sure to add a little at a time as dried herbs can be potent! Dont be afraid to make it your own.
- Heavy Cream: This adds a touch of richness. You can use milk instead just be aware the mouthfeel wont be the same.
- Crescent Dough Sheets: These are essentially crescent roll dough without the score marks that show you where to separate. Look for them near the refrigerated biscuits. Crescent roll dough will do in a pinch!
Read Also: Campbell’s Chicken Pot Pie Recipe