What Happens If Keebler
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
What We Were Looking For In Premade Pie Crusts
Sampling premade pie crust, our Test Kitchen pros kept these factors in mind:
- Appearance: How does the crust look? Is it golden and something we cant wait to taste? Does it look store-bought? Could it pass as homemade?
- Aroma: How does the crust smell? Like real butter? Delicious?
- Texture: Is the crust flaky? Tender? Crispy around the edges?
- Flavor: Does the crust taste good? Is it sweet? Could it work for savory pies?
A good premade pie crust should, of course, taste as homemade as possible. Crusts should be flaky, buttery and something you enjoy with a delicious filling .
Want to learn more about how our Test Kitchen chooses their favorite products? Check out our testing methods.
Best Graham Cracker: Honey Maid Graham Cracker Pie Crust 6 Oz
Graham cracker crusts are used in many classic American pie recipes. Graham crackers have been around since the late 1800s, but Honey Maid Grahams, which replaced the molasses in the original recipe with honey, were introduced by Nabisco in 1925 and have been beloved ever since. Made from the real Honey Maid Graham Cracker crumbs, these crusts feature whole grains and real honey. This package has three oven-ready shells in aluminum pans, awaiting your choice of filling. They can even be used in no-bake recipes.
For a different flavor and texture, try this ready-to-use walnut-based pie crust. With less flour and sugar than a traditional pie crust, its unique nutty flavor enhances both sweet and savory fillings. There is no corn syrup, processing aids, or artificial flavors, and the 12-pack is great if you’re a frequent baker or preparing for a crowd.
Theres something nostalgic about making a pie with Oreo, a cookie beloved for more than 100 years. The Oreo is so famous that a street was named after it next to where it was first manufacturedin the building where The Chelsea Market now stands in New York City. Made from the original Oreo cookie, this ready-to-bake crust is great for any filling that goes with rich chocolate flavor. It is kosher, nut-free, and made with real cocoa.
Not only is this mix certified gluten-free, but it is also non-GMO verified and Kosher.
Recommended Reading: Pillsbury Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Why Trust The Spruce Eats
Karen Resta is a writer specializing in food culture and history, cooking, pastries, and restaurants. She’s also a former pastry chef and has traveled to Budapest, Kyiv, and Paris during their fashion weeks as a photographer and writer, always finding the best authentic pastries along the way. She now spends a lot of her free time baking at home and recommends quality within your given budget. Having the right tools available and knowing how to use them well makes all the difference, and she curated this list with that in mind.
This article was updated by Jenny Kellerhals, a pastry chef and freelance food writer based in New York City. At home or in the restaurant, Jenny adores making and serving pieand thinks a simple pie crust should be in everyone’s baking repertoire.
How To Store Mini Pumpkin Pies
Mini pumpkin pies should be covered and stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Great for leftovers, but also if you want to make them ahead of time. Add whipped cream closer to when youll be serving them.
Can you freeze mini pumpkin pies? Yep! Baked, cooled, and wrapped tightly, these can be made ahead and frozen for up to 1 month. The night before you serve them, thaw overnight in the fridge. Serve them cold, room temperature, or warm them up in a 350°F oven for 5-8 minutes to crisp the crust. Allow to cool and dollop on some whipped cream.
Read Also: How To Make Apple Pie
Almond Flour Vs Almond Meal
Both almond flour and almond meal are made from ground almonds, but there are two subtle differences of note. Almond flour is made from blanched almonds while almond meal includes almonds with skin, leaving dark flecks. Almond flour is also ground more finely than products labeled almond meal.
Almond flour is readily available in grocery stores in the baking aisle or gluten-free sections. However, it can sometimes be pricey, and making your own almond flour at home is easy. Place whole blanched almonds, about 1/4 cup at a time, in the food processor. Pulse until a flour-like consistency is achieved. Use a sifter to separate any larger pieces that remain and repeat until all of the almonds are transformed into flour. Whether store-bought or homemade, almond flour should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Wholly Wholesome Organic Pie Dough
- $6.49 for a package of 2
- Comes rolled and frozen, have to defrost completely then microwave 10 sec to unroll
- Flour, palm oil, water, cane syrup, sea salt, cane sugar, guar gum
Tasting notes: Edible, taste is fine, but the crust itself is a little tough
Structure notes: Out of the box the crust dough circle was not large enough to properly cover my pie dish. I placed a piece of plastic wrap over it , and used my hands to press the dough out a bit. I then lined my pie dish and chilled it for 20 minutes before pre-baking. Even with that, the pie crust slumped with pre-baking.
OKAY. I both prefer the Wholly Wholesome Pie Shell and the Trader Joeâs pie dough to this pie dough. Taste is good, but a little tough and not enough coverage for my pie pan.
Recommended Reading: Entenmann’s Coconut Custard Pie
Pillsbury Mini Pizza Crusts 8ct
- PIZZA CRUST: Our classic ready-to-bake pizza crusts are an easy and super versatile
- QUICK AND EASY: Heat, place, and bake for delicious pizza crust in minutes.
- DINNER MADE EASY: Unroll some Pizza Crusts for a family fun dinner activity. Perfect for calzones, fruit pizzas, and stromboli.
- HOMEMADE TASTE: Just unroll, add your favorite toppings and bake.
- CONTAINS: 16.3 oz, 4 ct
Delicious Pie Crusts Delivered Right To Your Door
Karen is a freelance writer who covers food and drinks for The Spruce Eats. Her work has appeared in Lucky Peach, Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, Chowhound.com, Frenchly, PasteMagazine.com, and more.
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the bestproducts youcan learn more about ourreview process here.We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Theres something celebratory about pies. It doesnt matter whether theyre sweet or savory, fancy or simple. Homemade pies have a feeling about them that makes the moment special. They say, I love you, to anyone who eats them. That can even be true for the pies you bake for yourself.
If you’re hard pressed for time or in search of convenience, store-bought crusts make the pie-making process much easier. In this list, weve focused on providing a variety of the best crusts so you can develop a wide-ranging repertoire to pull from when inspiration strikes.
Theres absolutely no shame in using a store-bought crust. The proof is in how it tastes, and these crusts do not fall down on the job. Here are the best store-bought pie crusts.
Read Also: How Long Do You Bake Shepherd’s Pie
How To Make Pie Crust Designs For Mini Pies
Making pretty top crust designs is easier than you think. I find pie crust dough to be very easy to work with and very forgiving.
Basically, the way it looks when you put it on top of the pie is how it will look when its done baking.
You can really do any crust design for mini pies just like youd do for a regular-size pie:
- Braid three thin strands of pie dough
- Use cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes
- Simply cover the entire top with a crust just remember to cut a few slits in the crust or it could bubble up and cook unevenly
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Recommended Reading: Best Boston Cream Pie Downtown Boston
The Quiche Challenge The Crust
In general, quiches can be super easy, with the exception of one thing: the crust. If you don’t make a lot of pastry, knocking out a great crust for your quiche can become fraught with peril. Let me count the ways: tough rubbery texture, the dreaded soggy bottom, crusts that fall to bits when you try and transfer slices to plates, and bland bases that don’t bring that all important buttery flavor to the quiche party.
The Quiche Answer Store
Luckily, store-bought crusts can make your homemade quiches the work of moments, with flawless results any time. Even better, they can all be stored in your freezer, so you can have one on hand anytime the mood to quiche might strike. Once you have found your favorite crust, the rest is child’s play. And we’ve done a lot of the work for you! Here are our favorite crusts to seek out at your local market or online.
Read Also: Ball Canning Recipes Peach Pie Filling
How To Use Premade Pie Crust
We dont need to tell you how to use these store-bought pie crusts! Just sub them into any recipe that calls for pie pastrythats it! But if you need pie recommendations, we have plenty. Serve up quiche for breakfast, a delicious veggie potpie for supper and finish it all off with a sweet piea classic or a new favorite.
Best For Desserts: Great Value Frozen Pie Crusts
Testers were also really pleased with the flavor of Great Value frozen crusts from Walmart: they had a hint of vanilla and were almost shortbread-like in flavor .
We also appreciated how golden this crust baked up. It looked absolutely stunning. Sure, the pre-formed crust wont fool anyone, but the flakiness, flavor and color will make you and your loved ones very happy when it comes to dessert.
When it comes to making a pie, sometimes the trickiest part is getting that fluted edge just right. With Mrs. Smiths pie crusts, you dont need to worry about that. These frozen crusts come out of the package looking perfect. No, you wont fool anyone into thinking you made the crust yourself since they come perfectly pressed into the pan with a crimped edge, but they still look gorgeous.
These crusts were a bit thicker than others we tried but still baked up crispy, buttery with just a smidge of sweetness. This thicker crust would make a great vehicle for juicy fruit pies since you need a little extra stability for all that fillingbut dont hesitate to use a package of Mrs. Smiths crusts for other desserts theyre delicious.
When youre making a potpie at home, you need a particular kind of crustone thats buttery and flaky without any hint of sweetness or additional flavors . Thats when youll want to grab a package of Pillsbury pie crusts. These premade crusts were buttery, flaky and baked up golden.
Recommended Reading: Cracker Barrel Chicken Pot Pie
How To Make Mini Pie Shells
Ill show you How To Make Mini Pie Shells in minutes! All you need is store bought ready made pie dough.
Add my Cookie and Cream Mousse Filling and you have a pop in your mouth delicious dessert!
You can add any kind of NO BAKE filling to these Mini Pie Shells. You can also make these ahead and freeze them until ready to use.
Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe Important Notes
- Use regular muffin tins, not mini muffin tins. These are mini pies, but youll be using two regular 12-count muffin tins, not mini muffin tins.
- Pie dough circles should be 3.5-inches in diameter. Cut out circles from your dough using a cookie cutter or glass that has a 3.5-inch diameter.
- Make sure your crust doesnt have any rips. If youve got any tears, your filling could seep through, making it harder to remove them once baked.
- Dont overfill the crusts.
- Use canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is already spiced and sweetened, which will make these tarts too sweet.
- Buy evaporated milk. Make sure you buy evaporated milk and not sweetened condensed milk.
You May Like: Deep Dish Glass Pie Pan
Wilton Silicone Mini Pie Molds
|Item dimensions L x W x H||27 x 108 x 108 millimeters|
- 6-Piece Silicone Mini Pie Molds
- Bake and serve mini pies or tarts in colorful silicone molds
- Silicone molds are oven-safe up to 500Â°F, perfect for baked recipes
- Perfect for use in the microwave, oven and freezer
- Dishwasher safe
|2.69 x 10.8 x 10.8 cm 31.75 Grams|
|4.7 out of 5 stars|
|Best Sellers Rank|
Keebler Ready Crust Graham Pie Crust
Keeblers no-bake graham cracker crusts, available in mini and 10-inch sizes, are dairy-, egg-, and honey-free, making them kind to cows, chickens, and bees. These sweet crusts have a crunchy texture and are ready to eat right out of the package, which makes them ideal for chilled pies like our Berry Tarts, our Chocolate Mousse Pie, or a no-bake vegan cheesecake. Top yours with toasted vegan marshmallows for a nostalgic treat.
Don’t Miss: 32 Inch Pie Cut Lazy Susan