These Keto Lemon Bars Have Long Been An Ibih Fan Favorite So I Decided To Freshen Them Up A Bit With New Photos And A Few Tips On Helping Them Turn Out Perfect Every Time
Lemon bars have always been one of my absolute favorite desserts. They are the thing Im most likely to gaze longingly at through the glass at a bakery or coffee house and sometimes I give in and have one.
Im never really sorry until the next day when I wake up puffy and bloated from the gluten and sugar. Even then a perfect lemon bar is usually worth it if Im being honest.
I finally decided though that it was high time I came up with a legit keto lemon bar recipe that would meet my low carb and gluten free criteria
As an added bonus these keto lemon bars are pretty easy to make, and just as good or better than the real thing. Im not just saying that either, I tested these out on crowds of non low carbers at several parties all with rave reviews and no leftovers.
I like my keto lemon bars a little on the tart side, but you can increase the sugar free sweetener in the curd if you prefer them sweeter or you can add more powdered sugar free sweetener to the top of them after baking.
Im confident that you guys are going to love these low carb lemon bars they simply scream ITS SPRING BABY! and theyll make you believe it no matter what time of year it is where you are.
Product Information And Ingredients
Lemon Meringue Pie Bar is manufactured by No Cow with a suggested serving size of 1 BAR and 200 calories per serving. The nutritional value of a suggested serving of lemon meringue pie bar includes 0 mg of cholesterol, 0 mg of sodium, 24 grams of carbohydrates, 17 grams of dietary fiber, 1 grams of sugar and 22 grams of proteins.
The product’s manufacturer code is UPC: 852346005535.
This product is a good source of protein and fiber .
Calories from fat: a total of 22.5% of the calories in the suggested servig of this product come from fat.
Protein 26% of DV
A serving of 1 BAR of lemon meringue pie bar has 26% of the recommended daily needs of protein.
Fiber 41% of DV
A serving of 1 BAR of lemon meringue pie bar has 41% of the recommended daily needs of fiber.
- Protein Blend (brown Rice Protein
- Pea Protein)
Moderate Amount Of Net Carbs
No Cow Lemon Meringue Pie Protein Bar contains 6.67g of net carbs per 100g serving. You need to be mindful of its serving size because it has a fair amount of carbs.
It is important to limit its consumption so you won’t exceed the 20g – 30g daily net carb limit.
Also Check: Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
Everything Youll Need To Make The Best Healthy Lemon Bars
Would you believe me if I said these healthy lemon bars were made with just 8 simple ingredients Thats right, theyre SO easy to make with just a few fridge and pantry staples you might already have on-hand. Heres everything you need to make them:
- Butter: feel free to use regular butter, a vegan butter or melted coconut oil in this recipe. The choice is yours!
- Maple syrup: both the shortbread crust and the lemon filling are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
- Almond extract: I love adding a little almond extract to the crust for that true shortbread flavor.
- Flour: were using a mix of almond flour and coconut flour to keep the crust gluten free and grain free but give it wonderful flavor and texture. Youll also use a little coconut flour in the lemon filling to help it set.
- Salt: youll need a pinch of salt for the crust to boost the flavor.
- Lemon: the star of the show! Were using lemon juice and zest in the filling to keep in tangy, lemon-y and delicious.
- Eggs: youll need four eggs to create the perfect texture in these healthy lemon bars.
- To garnish: I love sprinkling the bars with sifted powdered sugar and extra lemon zest. So good!
As I mentioned, I re-tested this healthy lemon bar recipe to make sure it worked out beautifully. If you made them in the past years youll notice that some of the ingredients have updated to reflect this!
Moderate Amount Of Fats
No Cow Lemon Meringue Pie Protein Bar is a good source of fat because it does not contain any non-keto ingredients.
It is important to get your fats from healthy sources so your body can burn clean fuel while on ketosis.
Also Check: Where To Stay In St Jean Pied De Port
No Cow Ingredient List
One thing I like with No Cow Protein Bars is that the ingredient list is somewhat smaller. Below is a list of the ingredients that come with the Lemon Meringue Pie protein bar.
Ingredients: Protein Blend , Isomalto-Oligosaccharides*, Glycerin, Almonds, Palm Oil, Cocoa Butter, Natural Flavor, Salt, Erythritol, Citric Acid, Water, Monk Fruit, Stevia Extract.
What Happens If No Cow Protein Bar Lemon Meringue Pie Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Also Check: American Pie 2 Full Movie Free
Three Reasons You Should Make Lemon Whey Pie:
2. Its delightfully old-fashioned and just happens to come from the 1965 edition of the Farm Journals Complete Pie Cookbook which belonged to my grandmother.
3. Its really, reeealllllly good. Really.
It has officially earned a spot in my recipe collection. Now I just need to update my popular 16 Ways to Use Whey post and change the number to 17!
Is it the most super ultra-nourishing pie youll ever find? Er, probably not. Yes, its made with real food, but it does include a generous amount of sugar, and the whey is cooked, not raw.
That being said, to me, dessert is, well, dessert, and I dont feel bad about splurging every once and a while. Especially on a vintage pie like this one.
What Makes These Lemon Bars Healthier
Ive made a few simple ingredient swaps to lighten up these lemon bars without sacrificing any of that nostalgic flavor. These healthy lemon bars are:
- Naturally sweetened. Both the crust and the lemon filling are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of refined sweeteners.
- Gluten free & grain free. Were using almond flour and coconut flour to keep the crust gluten free and grain free. Plus, these flours add a boost of healthy fats and additional, natural sweetness!
- Dairy free. If you so choose! I have a few different options for adding moisture to the crust that suits any dietary needs.
Don’t Miss: How To Do A Pie Chart In Excel
Tips For Making The Best Keto Lemon Bars
When zesting your lemons, make sure you dont zest any of the white coating. Thats the pith and its super bitter you just want the bright yellow rind, which is where the oils and therefore flavor are. The best tool for zesting a lemon is a microplane grater in my opinion, but a box grater on the side with the small holes in it can work too if thats all you have.
Use FRESH LEMON JUICE. That bottled stuff just wont taste the same. Since you need lemon zest anyway, you might as well take a few seconds to juice the lemons youre zesting for a superior lemon flavor. A handheld lemon crushy thing like this one is what I use and its super easy. You will need 5 6 average sized lemons to make these lemon bars.
When cooking the lemon curd, DO NOT LEAVE THE POT UNATTENDED. Whisk gently but constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, and it has lightened slightly in color. This may take 10 12 minutes, and it will feel like its never going to happen and then WHAM its there and it seems to be instantaneous. Be patient I promise its worth it!
Some people choose not to strain the curd after cooking, and leave the bits of grated lemon zest in the bars. Its strictly a matter of personal preference and if you dont mind the texture of the zest in there, it wont hurt anything to skip that straining step.
Lemon Whey Pie Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Bring 1 cup of whey to a boil in a medium saucepan. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, arrowroot powder, and the remaining 1/2 cup of cold whey until it forms a smooth paste.
Add the paste mixture into the hot whey, stirring constantly until it thickens.
In another small bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks and combine with the butter, salt, and lemon juice.
Pour a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolk mixture and stir. This is called tempering and it ensures that you dont end up with bits of scrambled eggs in your lovely lemon whey.
Add the tempered mixture back into the saucepan, and cook the entire concoction for an additional two minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour the filling into the prebaked pie shell, and set aside while you prepare the meringue.
Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla extract in a bowl until the entire mixture is foamy, but not yet starting to thicken.
Begin to add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Beat thoroughly after each addition. You are looking for the sugar to dissolve completely.
Once all of the sugar is added, continue to beat the mixture at medium-high speed until it forms stiff, sharp peaks when you lift the mixer from the bowl.
Once you reach that stage, its ready for your pie.
You can use the back of your spoon to make the little spikes you see in my photos.
Read Also: Aluminum Pie Pans With Lids
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Your Lemon Bar Troubles Solved
Lemon bars can be a little bit tricky to bake because the filling is delicate, which is why I updated the ingredients and added a few crucial steps to the instructions to ensure success. Here are some issues you may have faced in the past with key tips I can recommend so that your healthy lemon bars turn out beautifully.
You May Like: 10 Inch Plastic Pie Containers
Healthy Lemon Bars In 5 Easy Steps
This healthy lemon bar recipe couldnt be easier to make. Youll have silky, delicious lemon bars in no time:
No Cow Protein Bar Review Best Tasting Vegan Bar
In this review, well be taking a deep dive look into the No Cow Protein Bar. No Cow protein bars are a non-dairy vegan friendly protein bar that made their name by not only matching niche nutritional asks , but also by delivering a solid macro profile while matching said asks.
The company No Cow, previously known as Ds Naturals, was a company founded by Daniel Katz on a mission to solve the protein bar market ask for a vegan protein bar with no added dairy that delivered a good macro profile for active individuals.
For our No Cow protein bar review, we tried a variety of flavors and assessed the bars nutrition, texture, taste, price, and much more.
Recommended Reading: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
No Cow Protein Bar Nutrition
No Cow Nutrition Label
When it comes to nutrition, I think No Cow does an exceptional job with their calories and macro profile. The calories for the seven reviewed flavors ranged from 200-210. In terms of fat content, the bars range between 5-7 grams, carbohydrates range from 22-24 grams, and protein 20-22 grams. Fiber content sits around 17 grams for each bar, and then sugar comes in at 1 gram.