What Happens If Marie Callender’s Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Tips For Making A Fresh Strawberry Pie
- I used my favorite pie crust recipeand blind-baked until it was golden, but you could use a store-bought pie crust or go with a graham cracker crust instead if you prefer.
- In a pie like this fresh, high-quality strawberries like the ones you get at the farmers market are definitely the way to go. Depending on the size of your strawberries, you may want to halve or even quarter them so they are easy to eat in the pie.
- You can either arrange the strawberries in the pie and pour the glaze over them, or fold the strawberries into the glaze to make sure they get evenly coated. I usually take the latter approach, but for purposes of a prettier picture for this post, I arranged the strawberries first, then spooned the glaze over the top and jiggled it down into the pie. Both ways work.
- Definitely plan to eat this pie on the day you make it. The juicy fresh strawberry pie filling will make the prebaked crust soggy if the pie sits too long. I think its best within 3 hours of assembly.
- Keep the pie refrigerated until you are ready to serve it and be sure to top it with whipped cream for pure strawberry pie perfection!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead
I have only ever used fresh berries in this strawberry pie recipe, so I cant comment on how frozen will work. My hunch is that frozen strawberries would be okay, but if youre going that route I advise not thawing the berries first and just adding them straight from the freezer to the batter and baking.
You will also need to bake it longer since they are frozen and it will take longer for the internal temperature of the pie to rise.
Recommended Reading: Mrs Budd’s Pot Pie
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe From Scratch
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy homemade strawberry pie recipe, made the old fashioned way with no gelatin. Simple, classic, no bake dessert with a fresh berry filling and glaze.
Every year we try to pick enough strawberries to make a couple batches of strawberry jam and make a strawberry pie or two.
When Dan and I were first married, we loved to celebrate special occasions with a fresh strawberry pie from our local Marie Callender’s restaurant. Their pie had a strawberry glaze that coated all the berries, and it was so delicious.
Now I’ve come up with my own strawberry pie filling that’s reminiscent of our favorite treat back in the day.
This pie is so simple and easy to make. Just need a pie crust, fresh berries, and a handful of ingredients for the glaze.
Cooking Tips For How To Make Easy Fresh Marie Callenders Style Strawberry Pie With Glaze:
- Use a fork to poke some holes on the crust before baking.
- Let the crust cool off before putting strawberries.
- Wash and soak strawberries for a few minutes. Then, I dry them with a paper towel and remove the leaves.
- For the glaze: put a pack of jello, corn starch, sugar and water in a pot. Mix them well and turn on small medium fire. Keep stirring until its boiling. Let it cool down a little bit before pouring over the strawberries in the pie.
- The glaze will be thickened when its cool off.
- You can add more sugar or less depending on your sweetness. I used ½ cup of sugar.
Read Also: Georgia Pecan Pie Mail Order
More Easy Strawberry Recipes:
ALL OF MY STRAWBERRY RECIPES!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry pie. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade! Sooo good!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortbread Bars A buttery shortbread crust topped with cream cheese filling, frosting, and strawberries! Easy and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake This Strawberry Poke Cake uses just four ingredients and is a hit at parties and potlucks! Its a moist, refreshing dessert youll definitely want seconds of!
The Best Strawberry Banana Bread This strawberry bread is packed with fresh, juicy strawberries in every bite! This is an easy, no-mixer quick bread recipe youre going to love!
Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Frosting Soft, tender cake loaded with FRESH strawberries and a sweet strawberry frosting!! An EASY strawberry layer cake thats perfect for parties! Strawberry fans will LOVE IT!!
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and sweetened condensed milk peeks through the top.
Strawberry Lemon Crescent Ring This fast and easy ring thats ready in 30 minutes has strawberries with lemon and cream cheese incorporated for a tangy pop.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Read Also: Blue Pied French Bulldog Puppies For Sale
Strawberry Pie With Glaze
I miss Shoney’s. They still have them in my hometown, but not where I currently live. One of their signature desserts is Strawberry Pie, using whole strawberries with a delicious glaze, then topped with whipped cream. YUM! My friend, Anita E., gave this recipe to me around 1977. This was the only Strawberry Pie with Glaze recipe…
Provided by Fran Miller
|1 qt fresh ripe strawberries|
|2 c cold water|
|3 oz box of strawberry jello|
Fresh Strawberry Pie Without Jell
This simple dessert recipe is made with only delicious natural flavor from actual strawberries. I dont have anything against Jell-O , but when its so simple and easy to make a homemade pie with plenty of strawberries drenched in a thick, sweet glaze from scratch, Im more than happy to save my box of Jell-O for some other use.
This fresh strawberry pie may have been made famous by restaurants like Shoneys or Frischs Big Boy they certainly are well-known for this beloved dessert that only comes around certain times of the year. The seasonal spring or summer strawberries make all the difference and you just cant get the same results with frozen berries.
And if you are new to making your own homemade pie crust, be sure to check out my video tutorial on YouTube where I show you how!
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe
But First The Pie Crust
You will need the foundation for your pie, a single pie crust, baked and ready to go, for this recipe. You can make a homemade pie crust, or you can just buy a ready made crust at the grocery store.
Sometimes I even like to make a family favorite, a pie crust with pecans or crushed pretzels. It gives the pie even more of an oomph, and like my favorite press in pie crust, it doesnt have to be rolled either.
Or you can skip a regular crust altogether and make a graham cracker crust instead.
How To Make Strawberry Pie With Glaze
- 1Bake the pie crust in plenty of time to let it cool before assembling the pie. In honesty, I’ve yet to make a good pie crust, but have found that the Marie Callender frozen crusts are delicious. =^..^=
- 2Next, wash & hull the strawberries. Now, you have to make a decision. Do you want to leave the berries whole, like Shoney’s, or slice them? Your choice. Allow the berries to drain so they won’t make the pie crust soggy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3To make the glaze, whisk together the water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan over MEDIUM heat. Stir often. When the mixture starts heating up, add the jello powder and whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Stir occasionally to let the heat escape.
- 4When it’s time to assemble the pie, if you’re using whole strawberries, line the pie crust with the strawberries and pour the glaze over them.If you’ve decided to slice the strawberries, add them to the pan of cooled glaze, stir to coat, then pour into the pie crust.
- 5Refrigerate the pie for a few hours to allow the glaze to set. Serve with whipped cream.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Read Also: Best Cherry Pie In Traverse City
How To Make Strawberry Pie
Once, you’ve made the filling and it’s cooled and ready to go, there are a few steps to assemble your pie.
At this point, I recommend chilling the pie for at least 3 to 5 hours or overnight. This will allow the pie filling to stiffen just a bit and allow the juices to run into the pie crust, making for an even more flavorful and delicious dessert.
When you’re ready to serve the pie, it’s very yummy with a big ole dollop of whipped cream on each slice. Or it pairs really well with our favorite homemade vanilla ice cream recipe.
How To Make Fresh Strawberry Glaze From Scratch
To make the strawberry glaze, just wash and hull one cup of strawberries and puree them in a food processor. You could also just blend them or mash them really well with a fork, if thats what you have to work with.
Then it is just a matter of whisking together sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and adding the strawberry puree and water. Cook the mixture until it comes to a boil, then continue to cook, stirring almost constantly for three minutes until the glaze thickens and turns translucent. Cool completely before spooning over strawberries in a prebaked pie crust and chilling for 2 hours until the pie is set.
Don’t Miss: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
Tips For The Best Strawberry Pie
If you want, you can even mix and match this recipe with your favorite fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. A mixed berry pie I may try that next!
I also wanted to mention that I like to sprinkle sugar on top of the crustless pie before baking and it adds a tiny bit of crunch, which I adore.
If you want a firmer pie, bake it longer, but I like to under bake it just a tad to capitalize on the gooey factor.
How To Make Strawberry Pie Sans Crust
To a large bowl, add some of the sugar, flour, and salt, then whisk to combine. To a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat to melt. Add the eggs, as well as the vanilla and almond extracts, and whisk to combine.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine. Fold in the fresh berries and turn mixture out into greased 9-inch pie dish. Sprinkle a few more strawberries over the top, pressing them lightly into the batter.
Bake the fresh strawberry pie until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I prefer to under bake slightly for a more gooey center, but bake it however long you see fit!
This strawberry pie will need to cool completely before you can serve it. If you cut into it while its still warm, the pie will be too gooey and wont hold its shape.
How Much Are Pies At Marie Callender’s
|Slice Of Fresh Strawberry Pie||$6.19|
|Slice of Fresh Peach Pie||$6.44|
|Slice of Strawberry Banana Cream Pie||$5.37|
Besides, how much are whole pies at Marie Callender’s?
Pie Sale starting at $7.99 plus tin. Whole pies to-go. *Excludes Cheesecakes, Promotional Pies and Seasonal Fresh Fruit Pies. Price and participation may vary by location.
Secondly, how much do pies cost?
|Other & Specialty Pies|
In this way, is Marie Callender’s having a pie sale?
is holding its Whole Pie-To-Go Sale through Feb. 28. Select from more than 20 varieties of pie, such as apple, banana cream and Kahlua cream cheese, starting at $7.99, plus tin. The sale excludes cheesecakes and seasonal fresh fruit and promotional pies.
How many slices are in a Marie Callender’s pie?
Two Slices of Pie.
- Lemon Meringue. Our most popular pie!
- Chocolate Cream. Chocolate blended with our creamy vanilla custard.
- Banana Cream. One of your favorites.
- Coconut Cream. Coconut folded into our rich vanilla cream.
- German Chocolate.
In Pie Recipes0 Comments
Yes, it is possible to make the pie at home as the Marie Callender strawberry pie recipe is widely available everywhere. All you have to do is following the recipe and then the pie will be ready for you in no time at all. For those who are looking for the recipe right now, they can be seen down below. This is one of the easiest recipes for the pie available:
- 6 cups fresh strawberry, sliced
- 1 pack graham cracker, crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
Read Also: Urban Pie Cedar Falls Ia