Pina Colada Banana Bread
Give your ordinary banana bread a tropical makeover with Pina Colada Banana Bread!
This super flavorful recipe is extra moist and packed with pineapple and coconut, and topped with a delicious pineapple rum glaze that will make this bead super divine.
So make your summer yummy with this Pina Colada Bread!
Why Bake With Yogurt Or Skyr
Yogurt/skyr is a great ingredient for adding to banana bread and other baked goods. It keeps the bread moist, tender, and super delicious without using a ton of butter or oil. I used vanilla skyr here to really add that extra punch of vanilla flavor. Icelandic Provisions uses real vanilla beans in their skyr!
Storing And Freezing Banana Bread
- To store: Greek yogurt banana bread can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days. If youd like to keep it longer, store it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the bread in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To thaw: Let the banana bread thaw out at room temperature.
Read Also: Peanut Butter Pie Protein Bar
Making Ahead And Freezing
How To Make Whole Wheat Banana Bread
After you mash the bananas with your mixer, add the remaining wet ingredients. You need:
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Unsweetened applesauce takes the place of butter or oil. Additionally, Im very light-handed with the added sugars we really want the banana flavor to shine through here. If you dont want any added refined sweeteners in this healthier banana bread recipe, swap the brown sugar with coconut sugar. To keep this banana bread dairy free, use dairy free milk.
After that, mix the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients. You need whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mostly the same dry ingredients I use in my Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins. Lastly, fold in chopped walnuts. The nuts are completely optional. Sometimes I add chocolate chips and/or raisins instead.
Don’t Miss: How To Watch American Pie Movies
Did Your Banana Bread Sink In The Middle
This happens to me occasionally too! Often its because Ive over mixed the batter. Quick bread does not like to be stirred too much, so try to just barely mix all the ingredients together. Another culprit could be overfilling the pan. The bread pan should be only half full each time. As always, make sure your leavening ingredients- baking soda and baking powder- arent too old. Baking soda should only be on your shelf for 6-9 months before purchasing new. I purchase it in bulk and refrigerate it to help it last longer.
Simple Whole Grain Banana Bread
If you have overripe bananas sitting on the counter and no idea how to use them up, this healthy banana bread is the perfect solution.
The addition of yogurt to the recipe adds even more softness without weighing the bread down. And its sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of refined sugar.
Thanks to the extra banana, the bread needs just half a cup of sweetener for the entire recipe. This is around half of what is called for in popular banana bread recipes from Martha Stewart, Food Network, Rachael Ray, Betty Crocker, and others.
Read Also: Bath And Body Works Blueberry Pie Candle
Best Banana Bread Recipe
There are a million banana bread recipes, just like there are a million chocolate chip cookie recipes. Most people have a go-to recipe for these kind of classic kitchen favorites. And for those of us who dont have a go-to we end up trying and trying recipes until we find the magical one that is everything weve ever looked for. Look no further, because this banana bread recipe will be the one you make over and over again.
This recipe is exactly what you expect from banana bread and it turns out perfect every time. Sweet, moist, delicious banana goodness what more could we ask for?!
How To Make Tasty Banana Bread
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and top with quick oats.
- Youll know its done when the top if golden brown and the clean toothpick that you insert in the middle of the bread comes out clean and clear of batter.
Read Also: Easy Chicken Pot Pie Filling
Step By Step Instructions
First, grease a loaf pan with baking spray or line it with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Then, in a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, greek yogurt, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract using a hand mixer or a wooden spoon.
Next, mix together the all purpose flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until they are just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
Bake the banana bread at 350 for about 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf. Allow the loaf to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Well pair these banana cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Cinnamon and banana are a natural pairing and 1/2 teaspoon of the spice is the perfect amount in this frosting recipe. Its crazy how 1 tiny addition to regular cream cheese frosting makes such a flavorful difference. Bonus: this frosting pipes beautifully using a large round tip such as Ateco 808, the same I use for decorating carrot cake cupcakes.
For the optional garnish, we love adding a drizzle of salted caramel and a banana slice .
Theyre truly perfect banana cupcakes. And if youre not into banana, you might enjoy these apple spice cupcakesinstead.
You May Like: How Do You Make Lemon Meringue Pie
Ingredients To Make Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Eggs: Eggs are the binding agent that holds the rest of the ingredients together.
- Maple syrup: Adding maple syrup gives a natural boost of sweetness.
- Greek yogurt: This is the key ingredient to getting moist banana bread! Make sure that youre not using flavored yogurt.
- Ripe bananas: The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter and more banana flavor the bread is going to have.
- All-purpose flour: Mixed with the bananas and oats, this makes up the majority of the bread.
- Quick oats: Using quick oats are key as theyll cook quickly in the bread and add great flavor and texture.
- Baking soda: Adding baking soda helps give the bread a light and fluffy texture.
- Pecans: If you love a good crunch, chopped pecans are the way to go!
- Seasonings: Just a pinch of salt and a tad bit of cinnamon are all you need to add!
Healthy Banana Bread For Breakfast Or Snack
The recipe can be oil free, egg free, and dairy free, with NO refined sugar.
To lower the oil without sacrificing moisture or taste, it packs a full one and a half cups of mashed banana into the loaf, which also sweetens the banana bread recipe without all that extra sugar and empty calories.
And though Im normally not a fan of oil-free baking, this banana bread is definitely an exception. You can easily omit the vegetable or coconut oil entirely if you prefer, and it will still turn out amazingly soft and delicious!
While many traditional banana bread recipes call for at least a cup of refined sugar and half a cup of butter or more, this lightened-up healthy banana bread recipe cuts way back on the things you dont want.
Instead, it replaces them with whole grains and good-for-you ingredients, adding extra potassium rich banana for natural sweetness.
You may also like: Vegan Lemon Bread
You May Like: Lodge Cast Iron Pie Plate
Tell Me About These Banana Cupcakes
- Texture: These banana cupcakes arent as dense as banana muffins, but arent really as soft as vanilla cupcakes. Instead, they land somewhere in the middle. Youll love how moist the crumb is too we have the butter, buttermilk, sour cream, and all the banana to thank for that.
- Flavor: Each bite includes banana, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla. It all pairs so nicely with the tangy cream cheese frosting on top.
- Ease: Besides mashing the bananas, which is even easier if you use your mixer, the entire process is fairly simple. If you make your own buttermilk, there is one extra step. See recipe note below.
- Time: Set aside over 2 hours to complete this recipe which includes prepping, baking, cooling, and decorating times.
Heres How You Make This Super Moist Banana Bread
Just four steps and 30 minutes separate you from enjoying the best banana bread around.
Recommended Reading: What Goes In Shepherd’s Pie
How To Bake Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt
Banana bread is easy to make mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and bake to perfection! Heres exactly what to do for perfect banana bread:
A little trick to keep in mind if your loaf is browning too quickly in the oven is to cover it with a piece of tin foil. It will prevent the top from drying out and turning dark brown.
See this super-moist banana bread come together FAST in this 30-second video.
How To Make Banana Bread
Read Also: Pie Shaped Lift Top Coffee Table
How Ripe Should The Bananas Be
The more ripe the banana, the better for banana bread. As bananas ripen the starches turn to sugar, so an un-ripe banana will not be as sweet or as soft . Try to wait until your bananas have NO green left and are about half spotted. If your bananas get to the perfect banana bread ripeness, but youre not quite ready to make banana bread, simply peel them, toss them into a freezer bag, and freeze them until youre ready.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Swap honey. If youre not a fan of maple syrup, you can add honey instead or any other type of natural sweetner that you want.
- Switch out the mix-ins. You can try it with walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit like cherries, raisins or cranberries.You can substitute 1 cup of any mix-ins you like for the 1 cup of pecans.
- Toast the banana bread. This bread is delicious by itself, but if you want to up the sweetness factor and create a more decadent breakfast treat, try griddling the bread in a nonstick pan with a little coconut oil and serving it with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of lightly sweetened Greek yogurt for creaminess!
Recommended Reading: Domino’s Pizza Pie Rewards
Getting Bananas To Ripen Faster
Do you have bananas but they arent quite ripe enough to bake with yet? No problem! Here are two tips for getting your bananas to ripen a bit faster.
How Can I Ripen Bananas Quickly
Ripe bananas are used in banana bread because they have a stronger, more pronounced flavor. There are several ways to help bananas ripen faster so that you can make banana bread. Here are my preferred methods:
Also Check: Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Factory
Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt
Published: by Amanda · This post may contain affiliate links · This blog generates income via ads
This post was originally published in January 2018 and has been updated for content.
Banana bread is a quick bread, or one that is made without yeast. It’s a great snack and is also a great way to use up leftover bananas. Using greek yogurt in banana bread not only makes it super moist, but it also adds the perfect flavor.
Customizations And Optional Add
- Not a fan of chocolate chips? Leave them out. Alternatively, you could also swap out the semisweet chocolate chips for any that you like. I personally love dark chocolate, but you could also do white chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Add chopped walnuts to the batter right before baking for a nutty crunch.
- For some cinnamon goodness, add a teaspoon or two of cinnamon to the batter, plus a mixture of cinnamon sugar to the top of the bread before baking .
- Add an extra bit of nutrition to this easy banana bread by adding in a tablespoon of flax seeds to the batter before baking or top the bread with instant oats for a nutty texture on top.
You May Like: Pyrex 7 Inch Pie Plate
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
SaveChocolate Chip Banana Bread is wonderfully moist and loaded with ripe bananas and melty morsels of chocolate chips. This banana chocolate chip bread is a real treat. #chocolatechipbananabread #chocolatebananabread #bananabread #bananas #chocolatechips #dessert
Now, this is an amazing Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe!
Your favorite moist banana bread is incredibly easy to make and its loaded with ripe bananas and chocolate chips. Perfect for a hearty breakfast, or you can also serve it as a light dessert.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly amazing, with a moist and soft texture that is loaded with chocolate chips and other flavorful ingredients.
Its the perfect banana bread recipe when you are in hurry and want something super delicious. Relish this chocolate and banana combination, that is super yummy and addictive
Also Check: Recipe Chocolate Mousse Cake Filling
How To Freeze Banana Bread
Ive received a lot of questions about freezing banana bread since I published the recipe, so let me share what works. You can freeze banana bread using these instructions to preserve its fresh flavor and texture for months!
I like to freeze banana bread in slices because the slices thaw much quicker even by lunchtime!
Overall, this is an easy recipe for classic banana bread. The batter takes about 10 minutes to throw together, the bread stays moist for days, and nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven.
Banana Bread Video Tutorial
Ive tried many basic banana bread recipes and this one is my very favorite. Readers have fallen in love too! What makes this one so good? This banana bread has the most bananas out of any banana bread Ive ever made before. 2 whole cups of mashed banana, which is about 4 large bananas. More banana adds more moisture and flavor to the finished product.
Recommended Reading: Who Makes The Best Key Lime Pie