How To Make Moist Chocolate Cake
Alright, first we make the cake.
Chocolate Cake Decorating Ideas
When it comes to decorating your chocolate cake, you can keep it simple and just sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles on top, or, you can also reserve some of the chocolate mousse filling to pip rosettes on the top of the cake. This is entirely optional.
There you have it. The best chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling with chocolate frosting. The chocolate lover in your life will be in chocolate heaven!
If you decided to try this recipe, and I hope you will, please take a picture and tag me on social media. I love seeing what you make! I can be found on , , and . Please use the hashtag @CenterCutCook
Looking for more delicious chocolate dessert recipes? Try:
Chocolate Mousse Cake Filling Recipe
Looking for a filling ideas for your chocolate cake? You absolutely have to try this Chocolate Mousse Cake filling. It is so easy to make and while I love a chocolate cake filled with strawberries, nothing bests a chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse!
The ingredients you will need to make chocolate mousse for a cake filling include: hot water, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar.
Making the mousse is simple all youll need to do is whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water. Then, youll melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth and add the cocoa powder/hot water mixture to it. With your mixer, youll beat the heavy whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form at which point youll add in the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
Youll refrigerate the mousse until the cake has cooled completely. This is important. The cake must be cooled completely before you can assemble it.
Read Also: Emile Henry Artisan Deep Ruffled Pie Dish
Classic Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Description: Jan 6, 2013 Fold egg whites into chocolate in 2 additions fold whipped cream into mixture just to blend. Step 6. Divide mousse among six teacups or 4-ounce
- More information:
- Find by keywords: epicurious chocolate mousse filling, triple chocolate mousse cake epicurious, epicurious chocolate mousse pie
Chocolate Mousse Cake Filling
This chocolate mousse cake filling is fluffy, delicious, and perfectly sweet. Its the ultimate filling for any dessert, from cakes to cupcakes!
At its core its chocolate whipped cream thats stabilized with melted and cooled dark chocolate. This gives it a light as air texture thats full of chocolate flavor.
Don’t Miss: The Original Italian Pie Menu
Vegan Chocolate Mousse With Coconut Jelly Cubes And
- Description: Jun 29, 2013 Epicuriousgenerations blog,podcast, web tv, media and education by Josee Caron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0
- More information:
- Find by keywords: epicurious chocolate mousse filling, epicurious easiest chocolate mousse, epicurious passover chocolate mousse cake
Cake Boss Chocolate Mousse Cake Filling Recipe
- One stick of softened unsalted butter, about eight tablespoons plus extra for greasing
- 1tbsp.of instant espresso powder
- 1/2cupof hot water
- 4pcs extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2cupsof sugar
- 1/2cupof black cocoa powder
- 1 1/2cupsof heavy cream
- 3cupsof chopped white chocolate
- 1/4cupof raspberry puree
- 1tbsp.of red food coloring
- 1/4cupof fresh raspberries for garnish
- 1 1/2cupsof cake flour plus extra for dusting
Read Also: Custom Cakes New York City
How To Make The Chocolate Ganache Layer
- I recommend using a 3:1 ratio of heavy cream to chocolate. Microwave the chocolate together with the heavy cream in 30 second increments, stirring as needed.
- Once its completely melted stir it until the cream in completely dissolved in the chocolate and its nice and smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the mousse layer and spread evenly with an angled spatula.
- The ganache will be thin and pourable at first but as it cools and once refrigerated, it will thicken, but still be easy enough to cut right through.
I believe that anyone can make this recipe! Just take it one step, one layer at a time. The cake itself is pretty simple, as is the mousse. It just takes a few steps to get there. I promise, the results are worth it!
What Is A Substitute For Espresso Powder
I love using espresso powder for baking because it is finely ground and dissolves instantly. You can use it to make cakes and cookies by just incorporating it into the dry ingredients, or adding it to the wet ingredients. It blends into the eggs very easily.
If you dont have espresso powder, you can use an equal amount of ground up instant coffee granules. You can grind them using a mortar and pestle or just with the back of a spoon.
Recommended Reading: Black Raspberry Pie For Sale
Do You Need To Sift Instant Pudding Mix
While you do not need to sift instant pudding mix before using, I find that it results in a smoother consistency. Have you ever had a bite of pudding and noticed a little hardened piece of sugar that didnt dissolve? Ugh!
The fix for this is sifting. Youll notice when you sift pudding mix that often several little hardened granules will remain in the sifter. Just toss them in the sink- we dont want them in our pudding 0)
I sift my cake mixes as well!
Substitutions & Swaps In This Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Some swaps and substitutions that can be made in this recipe include:
- Dark Chocolate You can use dark chocolate chips, baking chocolate, or good-quality chocolate bars to melt. Alternatively, you can also use milk or semi-sweet chocolate if you have a strong preference.
- Dark Cocoa Powder If you cant find dark cocoa powder or dont have any on hand, you can use regular unsweetened baking cocoa.
- Heavy Cream Heaving cream or heavy whipping cream can be used. To make dairy free and vegan chocolate mousse cake filling use coconut cream.
- Powdered Sugar You need a fine sugar like powdered sugar to help sweeten the whipped cream and give it a smooth consistency. I dont recommend using granulated sugar or other types of sugar.
You May Like: 9 Inch Deep Dish Aluminum Pie Pans
Melt The Chocolate & Make Chocolate Mixture
Melt the chocolate chips by placing them in a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl.
Heat in 20-30 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each increment until the chocolate completely melted and smooth.
If you dont have a microwave, you can also use a double boiler.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hot water and cocoa powder.
Pour into the melted chocolate and whisk together until smooth. The mixture should be somewhat thick. Set aside.
Espresso Chocolate Mousse Cake Anatomy:
Let me break it down for you
1) Chocolate espresso sponge cake there are three layers cut from one single chocolate sponge cake infused with espresso powder.
2) Mocha mousse the easiest dark chocolate mousse infused with a shot of espresso
3) Dark chocolate glaze the whole cake is covered in a silky dark chocolate ganache
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Budget Pie Chart
All The Chocolate Things
I know we have a lot of chocolate going on here, and thats just what I wanted with this cake. Sometimes I come up with really crazy cake flavor ideas, and those are really fun for me to create. However, sometimes you just need a solid chocolate cake that you know will wow even your most diehard chocolate cake lover. Dont be fooled by oh this is just another chocolate cake. Trust me when I say that adding the mousse filling really transforms this cake into something exquisite.
And when I say decadent I mean it! There are so many different textures here that make this cake truly something special.
Moms Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Description: Sep 28, 2015 Melt chocolate in Kahlua and orange juice Put egg yolks and eggs in blender with vanilla and sugar (blend 2
- More information:
- Find by keywords: triple chocolate mousse cake epicurious, chocolate mousse recipe epicurious, epicurious chocolate mousse pie
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
How To Make Espresso Chocolate Mousse Cake:
First make the sponge cake:
- STEP 1). Whip the eggs until very foamy and doubled in volume.
- STEP 2). Gradually add sugar and continue to beat for almost 5 minutes until the mixture is very thick and pale. It will triple in volume when it is ready.
- STEP 3). Mix in vanilla extract and salt.
- STEP 4). Add the oil. Do this gradually so that it doesnt deflate the eggs too quickly and mix just enough to incorporate it.
- STEP 5). Sift the dry ingredients. It really is important to sift the flour and the cocoa for two reasons: 1) to remove lumps, 2) to lighten and loosen the texture.
- STEP 6). Fold in dry ingredients. Do this in 2 batches. If you add all of the dry ingredients at once, the weight of it all will cause it to sink straight to the bottom of the bowl and will deflate the eggs. The whole point is to keep the air that we beat into the eggs.
- STEP 7). Bake! Spread the batter evenly into the lined pan. Since this cake is so thin and lean, it only takes about 10 minutes to bake! Do not over-bake it. It is ready when you press it with your finger and it bounces back.
Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake
This post is about mayo. Now, I know you came here looking for Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake and Im going to give you that. But bear with me a sec
My affinity for Dukes Mayo has never been a secret. Whether its generously slathered on an egg sandwich, mixed into my favorite ranch dressing, or serving as the secret ingredient to my Moms mashed potatoes, there is only one brand that cuts the mustard and thats Dukes. Theres just something about it markedly tangy flavor, creamy texture, and complete lack of sweetness that makes it perfect for my taste. And folks who know me, know that Dukes is the only acceptable brand.
So why are we talking about Dukes mayo on a post about chocolate cake? Well, because this chocolate cake is made with mayo. And it comes to us via the brand newDukes Mayonnaise Cookbook.
The Dukes Mayonnaise Cookbook is a delightfully beautiful book created by author, recipe developer, and food stylist Ashley Strickland Freeman to honor the coveted condiment created by Eugenia Duke back in 1917. Its filled with delicious-looking recipes that feature Dukes as an ingredient. Things like Nashville Hot Chicken and Buttermilk Cornbread Waffles, Coconut Cream Meringue Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust, Rosemary-Dijon Pork Chops, and Green Tomato Pie all caught my eye. But there was just something about this Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake that called out to me.
Get your own copy of the Dukes Mayonnaise Cookbook, here.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Pie At Home
More Classic Desserts To Try
Chocolate cake is a tried and true classic and the added layer of mousse in this cake really makes it stand out! If you are looking for some more delicious desserts to try that the whole family will enjoy then youve come to the right place. These other recipes are trie and true and everyone loves them!
The Best Chocolate Mousse Cake
I dont know why it took me so long to combine my favorite chocolate cake with my favorite easy chocolate mousse. Ive made dozens of brownie mousse cakes but its time for brownies to step aside and for chocolate cake to step in.
Seems like a no brainer, right? Chocolate Mousse Cake never goes out of style.
This Chocolate Mousse Cake is a layer of moist chocolate cake with a fluffy chocolate mousse, covered with a rich chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate whipped cream.
Bring on alllll the chocolate.
I love love love my chocolate cake recipe. It makes fabulous cupcakes, sheet cakes or layers cakes. But until I made this mousse cake, I have never baked it as a single layer. Turns out a half recipe makes the perfect, thick single layer cake.
When approaching this recipe, just take it layer by layer. First bake the cake, then make the chocolate mousse and once the mousse has set then add the ganache and whipped cream topping. If you want to know more details about the layer of cake, Ive covered lots of tips in my post about my Chocolate Cake Recipe.
Read Also: Williams Sonoma Goldtouch Pie Pan
Bon Appetit Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Description: This is hands down the best Chocolate Mousse Iver ever made or eaten. BON APPETIT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE recipe | Epicurious.com Chocolate Mousse Cake,
- More information:
- Find by keywords: chocolate mousse cake recipe epicurious, epicurious easiest chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse epicurious
Rich Chocolate Mousse Cake
This deliciously rich Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe is everything a cake lover can ask for! The moist chocolate cake layers with a sweet generous mousse filling, its an elegant and beautiful cake yet so easy to make.
Recommended Reading: Best Cherry Tree For Pies
Tips For Baking An Amazing Chocolate Mousse Cake
This chocolate mousse cake takes any chocolate cake to the next level! With all of the layers, the moist cake, and the smooth filling, you will never go back to any other cake again!
- Chill the cream: To help the whipped cream whip up faster, plan ahead and place the bowl and whisk in the freezer for at least fifteen minutes. Make sure your cream is well chilled as well!
- Vegetable oil: Using vegetable oil instead of butter in this recipe will keep the cake very moist. If you would like to substitute the oil for butter you totally can! Just know that it will change the texture.
- Coffee: When using coffee in this cake, dont worry, there wont be any coffee flavor! The coffee enhances the flavor of the chocolate and makes for a deeper, richer flavor. If you dont want to use it then you can substitute it for buttermilk or even hot water!
- Choose the right cocoa powder: DONT USE DUTCH PROCESS. Make sure to use regular cocoa powder in order to activate the baking soda in the recipe. If you use Dutch process cocoa powder then the cake wont rise! Thats because Dutch process cocoa powder has been alkalized and wont have the proper reaction with the baking soda.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Recipe
Rate & Comment
2ouncesbittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3/4cup hot coffee
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2teaspoonsvanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1cupcreamy peanut butter
For the Peanut Butter Ganache:
12ouncesbittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1cup plus 2tablespoonsheavy cream
2tablespoonscreamy peanut butter
You May Like: Traverse City Pie Company Menu
Epicurious Chocolate Mousse Imperiale Recipes Recipe
- Description: Nutritional information for Epicurious Chocolate Mousse Imperiale Recipes. 6 servings . Per serving: 671 Calories | 49g Fat | 51g Carbohydrates | 6g
- More information:
- Find by keywords: epicurious dark chocolate mousse, epicurious chocolate mousse filling, chocolate mousse cake recipe epicurious
Why I Love This Easy Mousse Cake:
- Prep Ahead The chocolate mousse recipe couldnt be easier to make, and you can prep everything in advance!
- Elegant Fancy enough to impress any guests, especially a chocolate lover!
- Delicious The chocolate cake is moist and divine. The chocolate mousse filling is creamy and pairs perfectly with the cake. This will become your new favorite cake!
Also Check: 9 Inch Glass Pie Plate
The Chocolate Mousse It Took Patricia Wells A Lifetime To
- Description: Mar 10, 2017 French cooking expert Patricia Wells shares a recipe and tips on making the most delicious chocolate mousse.
- More information:
- Find by keywords: chocolate mousse recipe epicurious, chocolate mousse cake recipe epicurious, easy chocolate mousse epicurious
Looking For A Rich Chocolate Filling
For a rich, decadent filling rather than a light, fluffy mousse filling?
Hop over to our Easy Ganache Drip Recipe. This ganache is not only great for drizzling, but it can be chilled and whipped into a thick and decadent filling for your cakes and cupcakes.
Its good to have options, especially when it comes to the serious business of finding your favorite chocolate filling recipes!
Also Check: Magnolia Lemon Pie Joanna Gaines
This Magical Chocolate Mousse Transforms Into Epicurious
- Description: Apr 5, 2022 This easy, luscious chocolate mousse becomes a Passover-friendly dessert with just two more ingredients: butter and sugar.
- More information:
- Find by keywords: chocolate mousse cake recipe epicurious, easy chocolate mousse epicurious, epicurious chocolate mousse pie
How To Make 1
- Description: 3-Ingredient Recipes How to Make 1-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse. Epicurious. Follow. 6 years ago. All you need is chocolate. Seriously.
- More information:
- Find by keywords: triple chocolate mousse cake epicurious, chocolate mousse recipe epicurious, epicurious passover chocolate mousse cake
Read Also: Key Lime Pie Protein Bar