Why You Will Love These Smores Bars
- Great Dessert For Summer Get Togethers I love super easy bar desserts for the summer. I can make them ahead of time and they are easy to transport. Plus everyone wants one!
- Easier Than Smores! I love a good Smores but these bars are much easier than building a bonfire!
- Quick To Mix Up These are super fast to mix up and take about 25 minutes in the oven, so they make a great easy last minute dessert for all those summer parties.
Why This Recipe Is So Great:
- Only 4 ingredients All you need to make these delicious bars are graham cracker crumbs, butter, Hersheys milk chocolate bars, and mini marshmallows.
- Easy to make Just 4 steps to make this recipe. All you have to do is make each layer then carefully toast the marshmallows in the oven.
- Even better than campfire smores I know this is a bold statement to make because what can be better than campfire smores? These bars, and let me tell you why:
- You dont have to fuss with making a fire.
- You get an even amount of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow in every bite.
- It makes enough to feed a crowd or for leftovers.
You Will Want Smore Of This Delicious Smores Pie Recipe No Bonfire Necessary And This Dessert Filled With Plenty Of Chocolate Graham Cracker And Marshmallow Is A Recipe To Die For
In anticipation of Labor day coming up next week, I really think you should make this smores pie for a less messy version of smores, but just as good as the real deal. These would for sure sweeten up your holiday celebration. Gooey smores assembled fireside are near unbeatable, but for those times when a campfire or fireplace is out of reach, this smores-inspired treat will fill the voidand then some. This pie is soo good and it was gone in an embarrassingly short amount of time. Indulgent and sinful this is my kind of dessert!
Layering the chocolate bars
Also Check: Kermits Key Lime Pie On A Stick
This Is A Vintage Recipe
This dessert version dates back to my childhood. In the summer, we would make a 9×13 pan of this as a frozen torte, and eagerly anticipate dinner every night just to get to dessert! Since I am not feeding a bunch of farm kids, I decided to reduce this to a 9 pie size. It fits a little better in my freezer that way. To make a 9×13 torte, just make a Graham cracker crust to fit a cake pan and double the filling.
One thing that threw me with this recipe is the first ingredient on my Moms old recipe card. It calls for a large Hershey Bar. Guess what? They dont make Hershey Bars that size anymore! Everything is getting packaged into smaller and smaller portions, and the Giant Hershey Bar is no exception: it is now 7oz. This left me with a dilemma: make the recipe with slightly less chocolate, or buy a regular bar to supplement?
You know the answer, right? OF COURSE, more chocolate! A regular Hershey Bar is 1.55oz. Add that to the 7oz bar and you have a little more than needed. So go ahead and take a bite and use the rest for the pie. Another option is to buy the 6-pack of regular Hershey bars, which total 9.3 ounces. Again, take a bite or just put all of them in the pie. Its delicious either way.
The recipe includes instructions formaking the Graham cracker crust. This crust yields the best crumbly Grahamcracker texture for sure, but in a pinch I have also used a prepared crust.#nojudging.
Substitutions You Can Make
This recipe uses Hershey® chocolate pieces and chunks. I purposely use their brand for that classic summer taste, because whats a smore without Hershey? However, you can use whatever your grocer carries and youve got access to use.
Another substitution you can make is using a pre-made pie crust from the grocery store. You can use a graham cracker pie crust from the baking aisle and the recipe will be even easier. Just start with the marshmallow fluff layer and then follow directions.
Recommended Reading: Marcus Lemonis Key Lime Pie
Why This Recipe Works
What I dont love? Messes. And traditional smores often mean sticky, chocolate covered fingers.
- Smores Pie lets you skip the mess and still enjoy the textures and flavors you love in this treat.
- These are made with mini pie crusts so everyone gets their very own pie. No slicing required.
- Since this is a no-bake pie its ideal for warm weather when you dont want to heat up your kitchen.
How To Make Smores Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and salt.
- Press mixture into pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Top with the 4 cups of the mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes to let the marshmallows deflate.
- Add the whole bag of milk chocolate chips in an even layer.
- Top with remaining marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Chill completely before slicing.
Recommended Reading: Damn Good Pies Little Rock Ar
By Step Instructions For No
1. Soften cream cheese by bringing to room temperature or placing unwrapped in the microwave. Beat softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
2. Add Nutella or generic hazelnut spread and powdered sugar and mix well.
3. Fold in defrosted whipped topping with a spatula.
4. Pour filling mixture into prepared pie crust and chill for at least 3 hours.
5. When ready to serve sprinkle marshmallows on top. Then drizzle with chocolate syrup and finish with pieces of chocolate.
More Easy Pie Recipes:
How To Make Mini Smores Pies
Making Mini Smores pies is super easy! Your kids can help assemble them and easily enjoy them right away or later on.
Of course, eating them while the marshmallow and chocolate are ooey, gooey is the best way. Below is what you will need on-hand to make 6 Mini Smores Pies.
- 6 mini graham cracker pie shells
- 6 jumbo marshmallows
- 1 large HERSHEYS bar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels *or double up on the HERSHEYS bar
You will also need a broiler-safe pan, and an oven to broil these mini pies with adult supervision.
To make each pie, fill each pie shell with an even amount of chocolate morsels.
Add two squares of HERSHEYS Chocolate to each. Do not overfill or the marshmallow will not have a place to sit nestled.
Top with a jumbo marshmallow.
Broil on the SECOND to top oven rack for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallow is gently toasted.
Turn off the broiler.
Carefully remove from oven with oven mitts and add two squares of HERSHEYS Chocolate to each.
Return to oven and allow the residual heat to warm the chocolate and marshmallow.
You May Like: Shabazz Bean Pies
What To Serve With Smores Pie
The pie is great on its own, but you can take it to the next level with some fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. My kids love it with ice cream and chocolate syrup. Me? I just need an ice cold glass of milk.
Looking for an entire summer menu? Here is one of our favorite summer dinners, when I serve this Smores Pie at:
Ingredient Notes And Shopping Tips
- Graham Crackers: Avoid premade graham cracker crusts which can get soggy. If you dont have a food processor, you can crush your graham crackers in a plastic baggie using a rolling pin.
- Pudding: Make sure to grab Instant pudding and not the cook and serve version.
- Mini Marshmallows: Large marshmallows can also be used if youd prefer!
- Hershey Bar: Hersheys says classic Smores to me! You could use any candy you like though or even milk chocolate chips.
Read Also: Key Lime Pie Review
How To Know The Brownie Is Ready
Your environment, the size and shape of the pan, and your oven are all different than mine. But the rule is pretty simple. If a toothpick comes out of the center of the pie with moist crumbs, then it is ready. If it comes out completely raw, then it needs more time. A dry toothpick means it is overbaked.
Everyone Loves This 4
I love that I dont have to pitch a tent to get my smores fix! Ive made this pie so many times and everyone loves it it never lasts long. Lets review:
Really, there are no words to describe this pie uber chocolatey, rich, decadent, perfection. I guess maybe there are a few!
Whether you make this smores pie from scratch with homemade crust or take a shortcut with your favorite store-bought Im pretty sure youre going to love it.
Also Check: Damgoode Pies River Market
More No Bake Desserts
Frozen Smores Pie is fantastic, and if you love Girl Scout cookies, you might want to try Samoa Pie!
For a fast and easy chocolate dessert, a 3 ingredient easy chocolate mousse can’t be topped!
For a delicious fruit taste, try a Frozen Strawberry Dessert.
How To Make Smores Bars:
You May Like: Key West Key Lime Pie Company The Profit Update
Why Youll Love This Recipe & What Youll Learn
- A mini smores pie is the perfect dessert for one. You can scale this recipe for a crowd as well.
- This mini smores pie only requires a few ingredients and is super easy to make. No heavy cream needed!
- The graham cracker crust is buttery. The mini marshmallows are gooey and lightly toasted. And the two types of chocolate are silky smooth.
- Mini smores pies can be made in the oven or in the air fryer.
- These chocolate pies are the perfect way to satisfy your smore craving without the campfire.
- This recipe is kid friendly.
Gooey Chocolate And Marshmallow Pie
If you love smores around the campfire, youre going to love this chocolate marshmallow pie! The rich flavor and gooey texture just cant be beat. Some of my other favorites are my chewy smores cookies, smores cups and delicious smores bars.
This smores pie is my kids absolute favorite! My friend made this a few years ago at a pie night we hosted and my kids were in heaven. So I got the recipe from her and have made it a couple times since. It has the perfect amount of marshmallow and chocolate goodness with a graham cracker cookie crust. Its the perfect summer pie or a fun addition to your holiday line up. Everyone always loves it!
You May Like: Muslims Bean Pie Recipes
Like This Recipe Check These Out Too
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place graham crackers in a large food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press into a greased 9″ springform pan and bake for 8 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it’s creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and coconut extract, and beat until combined.
- Add the Cool Whip and fold in with a spatula until combined.
- Spread half of the mixture onto the baked crust.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 3 of the Hershey’s chocolate bars in increments of 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the melted chocolate to the remaining mixture and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the marshmallow layer.
- Sprinkle with more crushed graham crackers and garnish with the remaining Hershey’s chocolate bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Slice, serve, and ENJOY!
How To Make Smores Hand Pies Step By Step:
Recommended Reading: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How To Toast Marshmallows For Pie
Right before youre ready to serve it, top the pie with large marshmallows and toast them until they are golden in spots and nice and ooey-gooey.
You dont need an open flame to toast your marshmallows you can use a kitchen torch or you can pop the pie under the broiler for a minute or so but keep an eye on it. The marshmallows go from golden to burnt pretty quick.
The Best Hershey Bar Pie
If you like this recipe, please share!
Chocolate lovers everywhere are going to want to make this no-bake Hershey Bar Pie. This is a pie Ive been making for more than 10 years on a very regular basis.
Pin Hershey Bar Pie to Make Later.
This Hershey Bar Pie is a favorite at our house.
I make it for the first day of school and I make it for the last day of school and lots of other times in between.
I often make it for Easter.
My boys request it for their birthday instead of cake. My kids know I dont make promises I cant keep but if youre a smores fan, I promise youll love this pie.
Also Check: Pinkie Pie Chicken Toy