How To Store Your Oatmeal Banana Bread
- For 1 week: after baking & cooling your super moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread completely, slice and place the banana bread into an airtight container at room temperature. Keep the oatmeal banana bread out of direct sunlight & away from heat.
- To freeze banana oat bread: cool & slice banana bread, then store in a freezer-friendly container. You can keep the banana oat bread there for 1-2 months! Thawing instructions in the recipe Notes.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
This post is sponsored by Bobs Red Mill.
Has anyone else been craving the carbs this winter like theyre training for an ultra marathon slash bulking up for the zombie apocolypse? Insert girl with her hand raised emoji here. x3.
While I used to fight any craving for sugar or cabs, I have since embraced my bodys need for them. When I hit the 25 age marker and came to the realization that my metabolism doesnt work with the swiftness of a gazelles the way it used to, I essentially omitted carbs as long as I possibly could until the flood gates would open and Id go to town on ALL OF THE BROWNIES. I look back on those days and want to give mid-twenties Julia a hug. And a beer. She was moody, under-nourished in body and soulneeded some sustenance like bad.
This isnt to suggest we should all drop what were doing right now, head to the break room and snag any comforting substance in sight. Its more a call for honesty. Asking myself what the food at hand will do for my body and mind, and if I actually need it. To answer myself with honesty, and to be okay with the answer, regardless of whether its yes I need it, or no, I actually do not. Everyones body works differently, and Ive found mine does particularly well with a well-balanced diet, which of course includes complex carbohydrates.
Full of macronutrients, a slow burning carbohydrate, a marvelous ingredient to have in your home and to incorporate into your daily life.
Can I Use Frozen Bananas For These Cookies
Yes, you can use frozen ripe bananas for these banana chocolate oats cookies. Just make sure that the frozen bananas have thawed completely before using and are at room temperature. Discard any liquids that may be in the bag of thawed banana and if needed, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk into the cookie dough to help get the dough wetter if its too dry and crumbly to combine while mixing.
Also Check: How To Make Pie Crust Easy
Tips To Make The Best 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Do not overbake the bread. As this recipe uses oatmeal instead of flour, it is prone to drying out very easily.
- While milk isnt included in the ingredient list, you may need to add some of it if your batter is too thick . Alternatively, you can add an extra banana or two.
- This bread is not overly sweet, relying on the banana and maple syrup for sweetness. If youd like a sweeter bread, add 1/4 cup of your favorite granulated sweetener or sugar.
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
By Rena Awada | Published on October 18, 2019| Updated on July 25, 2022
Add Chocolate Chips to banana bread and you will get this amazing Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe that is made with oatmeal and whole wheat flour. Super moist, so delicious, and the best part? Its very easy to make.
Don’t Miss: Ben And Jerry’s Apple Pie
What If My Bananas Arent Ripe You Can Ripen Bananas In The Oven
There is nothing worse than waiting for your bananas to ripen so that you can make a loaf of banana bread. Luckily there is a trick that will help you get ripe bananas in 15 minutes.
To ripen bananas quickly, preheat your oven to 300F and place bananas in their peel on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-20 minutes at 300F and remove from the oven as soon as the peel turns black.
Allow the bananas to cool slightly. Then, peel the bananas and use them in your recipe!
Craving More Sweet Banana Inspiration
Try this Classic Banana Bread or one of my flourless banana bread recipes which are all easily made in the blender with minimal ingredients. Youd never believe they dont have any flour, butter, oil or granulated sugar in them.
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars as much as we do. When you make them, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see! I just love seeing how inspired and creative yall get with the recipes and ideas I share.
Don’t Miss: Sara Lee Delightful Honey Whole Wheat Bread
Recipe Variations And Ideas
There are tons of ways to customize this banana bread and make it your own. Everything from dried fruit to nuts and seeds. Here are some you will want to try:
- Make banana nut bread by adding in about 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts or pecans.
- Add blueberries to make blueberry banana bread and sneak in even more flavor and nutrition. Strawberries and raspberries are tasty additions as well.
- If you need a gluten-free option, use a gluten-free baking flour in place of the whole wheat flour.
- Swap in white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, or caramel chips for a slightly different take on this recipe.
- Turn this recipe in banana oatmeal muffins. Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin and then bake 20-25 minutes until they are cooked through and golden brown.
Banana Quick Bread Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Keep those old bananas! It is a must for this recipe to use those super ripe bananas that are a little soft. Now I am not talking about the bananas that are completely black, I have found that they give my baked goods a funny flavor that I dont personally like.
You just want the bananas browned and to feel a little soft when you gently squeeze them.
If you like to use black bananas in your banana bread, be my guest!
You May Like: Steve’s Authentic Key Lime Pies
Best Chocolate Chips For Baking
When making this bread I like to use either semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. It really is up to you on what type of chocolate to use. If you like it a little sweeter you can try milk chocolate chips or if you want no added sugar, use bittersweet chocolate chips.
You can also choose to use either regular sized chocolate chips or the miniature chocolate chips.
How To Store Oats Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keep these cookies stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of days For best results, these cookies will last about 3-4 days. If desired you can reheat the cookies in the oven of a microwave to get that warm and fresh from oven taste back into the cookie as these cookies do taste the best when they are warm.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Swanson Pot Pies
How Long Is Homemade Banana Bread Good For
How you store it will determine how long they will last for. If you plan on devouring your chocolate chip banana bread in 2 days, then it is safe to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out a leaving it on your kitchen counter at room temperature. They will last up to one week in the fridge. You just need to keep it wrapped or sliced and placed in an airtight container.
If you make this Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe and you like it please share it on ! Also, please tag us on and show us your remake. Leave me a comment below with some feedback. We would love to hear from you. Have another minute to spare? Check out these other healthy dessert recipes that may very well change your life:
Mouthwateringly Moist Vegan Oatmeal Banana Bread Packed With Oats And Comforting Banana Flavor
Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Banana Bread : a healthy banana bread recipe with oats & chocolate! Its the ultimate vegan oatmeal banana breadmoist, gluten free, dairy-free, made with GF oat flour!
Sometimes I store a big paper bag of bananas on the floor next to my heater. Consider it my store of always-super-quickly-ripening bananas, ready to go for when the mood for amazingly moist vegan oatmeal banana bread strikes!
Do you engage in such shenanigans for the love of moist banana bread?
Ive had to on so, so many occasions. Take the testing trials for: Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, these Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, for sure, these Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies and more
I mean, usually what happens is: the mood for banana bread strikes, you rush to the store, grab the ripest bananas you can find , then wait for said bananas to ripen 10 days past and then youve moved on with your life.
Banana bread completely and utterly forgotten.
And so are those now-perfectly ripe bananas. Bugger!
So I like to store that tightly-folded up paper bag of bananas right next to my heater in anticipation of the next great Beaming Baker Banana Bake-a-thon. All in sentence case, of course. Makes it more official .
Tell me you go to such lengths for the love of banana bread. Quick, before I feel self-conscious.
Recommended Reading: American Pie Full Movie Free
Ingredient Banana Bread Tips & Variations
- Ripe bananas. Use ripe bananas to add to the sweetness and softness to the banana bread.
- Dont over mix batter. If the batter gets overly mixed it wont cook properly.
- Dont overcook. Make sure not to overcook this banana bread. You dont want it dried out.
- Use frozen bananas. If you are using bananas from the freezer, just be sure to pull the bananas out of the freezer the night before so that they can thaw. Have them come up to room temperature before using.
Can Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread Be Made Into Muffins
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are our favorite muffins! Simply use my recipe above, then spoon 3 tablespoons of batter into each greased or lined muffin cup. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400°.
There are several benefits of making quick bread into muffins. First, I like that they cook faster! Where a full loaf of oatmeal chocolate chip bread bakes for almost an hour, the muffins bake for less than 20 minutes, which is a fraction of the time. Theres no need to slice muffins either and of course, theyre very portable, so its easy to take them to a party or get-together. Theyre also easy to freeze! I like to bake a batch of muffins and then freeze them just in a layer in a large ziplock freezer bag. I pull them out one or two at a time for breakfast. You can let them thaw on the countertop, or you can microwave them or toast them to heat them up.
Don’t Miss: Simple Recipe For Shepherds Pie
Can Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread Be Frozen
I love freezing loaves of oatmeal chocolate chip bread! How you prepare the bread for freezing really depends on how long you intent to keep it frozen. If you just want to freeze it for a week or two, Id wrap it in plastic wrap or foil and place the loaf in a large freezer ziplock bag. Most often, when I bake bread to freeze it, Ill bake mini loaves so that they fit in the ziplock bag easier. If you want to freeze it for 2-6 months, Id wrap it more securely, making sure its airtight and wrapping it in a double layer of foil or plastic wrap, then place it in a ziplock bag.
Oat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
These Oat Chocolate Chip Banana Breads are another classic Eat Well With Sari recipe that I recently made again! The perfect mix between banana bread and an oatmeal bake. These can be made in muffins, mini loaves or a full loaf. I love the mini loaves because they are just so dang cute. I linked the mini loaf pan here. It is gluten free and dairy free and certainly a healthy option! These are a great snack, side with breakfast or even dessert. I love spreading peanut butter on top of a slice too. So delicious!
Read Also: Is Key Lime Pie Keto Friendly
Substitution Notes For Vegan Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Bananas: say what?! You want to sub the bananas?! Lol. If you prefer pumpkin, try my reader-loved Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread.
- RemovingOats: If you prefer a moist banana bread without any whole oats in it, try my Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe or my Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Coconut Oil: sub with melted vegan butter or your favorite flavorless oil.
- Coconut Sugar: sub with organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar.
- Maple Syrup: sub with another liquid sweetener, like date syrup, agave or honey .
- Flax Eggs: sub with chia eggs.
- Almond Milk: sub with your favorite milk.
- GF Oat Flour: you can try subbing with gluten free all purpose flour. However, keep in mind that all gluten free all purpose flour brands are different. Some are super grainy, some are gummy, some are overly chewy. The best option is gluten free oat flour. Do not sub with coconut flour or almond flour.
- Note: Baking is fun, but can be super tricky if youre changing up the recipe. Keep in mind that the more changes you make, the less likely youll get desirable results. Each ingredient interacts differently within this banana oat bread recipe. Good luck!
How To Make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread
Mix the oats, buttermilk, egg, brown sugar and oil together in a large bowl. You can use a large spoon for this and mix just until everything is well combined. Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes so that the oats can soften up a bit.
Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and stir until fully combined but make sure not to over mix. If you mix too much at this point or use an electric mixer, you will likely have a more flat/dense bread than you want. Less is more when it comes to mixing quick breads! Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a well greased bread pan and bake at 325° for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes and then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: 9 Inch Aluminum Pie Pans
How To Store Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread
Store the banana bread in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days. You can also store the bread in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days. Lastly, individually wrap slices of the bread and freeze for up to 3 months. This works great for meal prep. Pop a slice in the microwave whenever you want!
How Do You Make Oat Flour
That’s it just oats.
Don’t Miss: Create A Pie Chart From Excel Data
How To Make Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are best served still warm! I love serving them with almond milk for dunking or a smear of nut butter!
- Preheat oven: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin making dough: Add banana, both sugars, butter and vanilla to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until combined. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Dry ingredients: On low speed add in dry ingredients to the banana mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat scoop heaping 1 tablespoon cookies.
- Bake: Put baking tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cool: Allow cookies to cool on pans for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
About Mccanns Irish Oatmeal
For more than 150 years, McCanns Irish Oatmeal has been warming the hearts of oatmeal lovers. Their 100% whole grain Irish steel-cut oats are minimally processed and nothing artificial is added, so all you get is rich, nutty Irish oat taste with that distinctly chewy steel-cut bite.
The demand for Non-GMO products continues to rise because more people desire healthier foods and, therefore, want full transparency on what is in the products they are consuming. McCanns Irish Oatmeal® has earned its first Non-GMO Certification from the Non-GMO Project for three of its core products Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 28oz. Tin, Quick & Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 24 oz. Canister, and Quick Cooking Rolled Oats in the 16 oz. Box.
You can learn more about McCanns Irish Oatmeals products on their website and by following along on . Looking for more recipes? Check out more McCanns Irish Oatmeal recipes from the #MomBlogTourFF!
- Wendys Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
You can find even more yummy recipes on McCanns Irish Oatmeals!
Recommended Reading: Keto Bread Recipe Almond Flour