How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This is a 1,2,3 kind of recipe, easy as pie literally!
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Top the chicken with the onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine the chicken soup, milk, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper, and whisk until mixed well. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the vegetables and parsley. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
For the biscuits: Preheat the oven to 400° F and bake the biscuits according to the package directions. To serve, place a heaping 1 cup of the chicken mixture in each bowl and top with a biscuit.
Read Also: The Profit Key Lime
Chicken Pot Pie Sauce
This product has been discontinued.
|About 5 Servings Per Container|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
IngredientsChicken Stock, Cream , Modified Food Starch, Salt, Canola Oil, Contains Less Than 2% Of: Chicken Fat, Dehydrated Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Spices, Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Onions, Corn Oil, Beta Carotene For Color.
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
- Refrigerated pie crusts I like refrigerated crusts better than frozen ones. I feel that the frozen ones sometimes break even when thawed.
- Frozen veggie mix I love the frozen veggie mix that can be steamed in the microwave in its bag. It is so convenient, and the veggies are fresh. I used the mix with corn, peas, carrots, and green beans.
- Chicken breast I like to buy the packages of cooked diced chicken breast and keep them in the freezer for things like chicken salad, soup, or pies, but you can use fresh breasts and cook them yourself. Another great idea is to use leftover roasted chicken.
- Condensed cream of chicken soup this blew my mind. I have used it a lot but never to make pot pie filling. I will never again do it from scratch.
- Milk you can play with the amount of milk. I like my pie filling to hold its shape, but if you prefer a more runny filling, use ½ cup of milk.
- Homemade poultry seasoning adding ½ teaspoon of this also makes a great difference. Look for the recipe on our website.
- Egg wash one egg beaten with one teaspoon of water is all you need to brush the crust to produce a shiny, golden, and perfect-looking crust.
Also Check: Campbells Mini Chicken Pot Pie
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Make a foil collar to protect the edges of the pastry from overbrowning. Place strips of foil to cover crust during the last 15 or 20 minutes of baking.
- tip 2 A standard 9-inch glass pie plate works best for this recipe.
- tip 3 The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry. By using a refrigerated dough youre left with making a quick, savory gravy that can be filled with leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or ham and a good handful of veggies. A dash of poultry seasoning or some finely chopped fresh sage will enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- tip 4 To Make Chicken Filling Ahead: prepare as directed in recipe. Spoon into airtight container cover. Refrigerate up to 1 day. To bake, pour filling into 2-quart saucepan, heat over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Assemble, fill and bake pie as directed in recipe.
- tip 5 To Freeze Chicken Filling: prepare as directed in recipe. Cool, uncovered in refrigerator 30 minutes. Spoon mixture into 1-gallon freezer food storage plastic bag, leaving 1/2 to 1-inch at top of bag for expansion seal. Freeze up to 1 month. To bake, thaw mixture overnight in refrigerator. Pour into 2-quart saucepan, heat over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Assemble, fill and bake pie as directed in recipe.
Variations To Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie is a classic comfort food. While most people dont want to change the classic tastes, there are times when changing it up works better.
- Use a different biscuit. If you dont have premade biscuit dough on hand, you can use a baking mix, like Bisquick to form the top crust.
- Change the meat. While this is a chicken pot pie, it is easy to turn it into a beef pot pie or turkey pot pie. When making turkey pot pie, you only need to change the meat. The cream of chicken soup works. When adding beef, you can leave the cream of chicken soup, or add beef gravy.
- Change the soup. Change the soup flavor to the cream of mushroom to give the sauce a different flavor.
You May Like: Key West Key Lime Pie The Profit
Tomato Soup Spaghetti Sauce
Food purists will tell you that spaghetti sauce should always be made from scratch.
Rip up the rulebook with an easy, quick, and tasty tomato sauce thats just as good as the real thing.
Tomato soup is mixed with fresh herbs and simmered until it thickens into a rich, tangy sauce.
Serve over noodles for a satisfying dinner thats ready in minutes.
Baked Pork Chops With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Baked pork is an easy dinner, but its not always easy to pick a sauce-pairing for those succulent chops.
If you have a can of Campbells cream of mushroom soup in the cupboard, you have your answer.
This creamy, rich sauce will keep your chops juicy and moist as they cook.
Itll leave you free to spend some quality time with the kids, or have a relaxing glass of wine. No judgment here!
Also Check: Recipe For Muslim Bean Pie
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Sharing is caring!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite comfort food meals. Ive always loved the creamy sauce and buttery crust, but the calories have been something I didnt enjoy. This recipe is full of the creamy sauce, tender chicken, tons of vegetables, and a biscuit on top!
Youll love my slow cooker beef stroganoff for the meat-eaters in the family.
Campbells Green Bean Casserole
The green bean casserole is a classic for a reason. This family favorite is easy to pull together and can feed a lot of hungry mouths.
In this recipe, Campbells cream of mushroom soup is poured over tender green beans and topped with crispy onions for extra crunch.
Its creamy, tasty, and its easily converted into a vegetarian main meal with a simple side salad or steamed rice.
Read Also: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Copycat Campbells Tomato Soup
Were not using Campbells soup in this recipe were copying it.
This is a replica of the flavors you know and love sweet tomatoes, rich cream, a hint of basil but in an easy DIY version.
And even though its homemade, it doesnt take long to get in front of hungry family members.
Try a taste-test with the real thing, and I dare you to spot the difference.
Confession time I almost never make stuffing the traditional way any more.
Instead of wrestling with a roasted bird, just make this easy casserole as a holiday side.
Breadcrumbs, veggies, and cream of chicken soup come together to produce a casserole that can do double duty as a tasty main or a savory side.
Easy for you, tasty for your guests, everyones a winner!
Cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, and flaky tuna come together in this meal.
This comfort food casserole is easy, light on the household finances, and ideal for make-ahead meals.
Its not fancy, and thats the beauty of this simple-yet-irresistible dish. The kids will beg for more while the adults sneak seconds.
Keep this one in regular rotation, and you wont have to worry about pleasing picky eaters.
What Happens If Campbell’s Chicken Pot Pie Sauce Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Read Also: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Mushroom Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Youve probably guessed how to make this casserole from the name. But can you guess how good it tastes?
This is surprisingly hearty and satisfying, so its one to keep for those days when youre hungry but lazy .
And big families will appreciate that its scalable and budget-friendly.
Cheaper cuts of chicken like thighs work well here, as they stay juicy and soak up all the flavor while it simmers in the oven.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie
Salad and dessert! Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad is the perfect match. It is a very fresh salad that compliments the creamy pie filling perfectly.
For dessert, I love to make Apple Crumble, Blackberry Cobbler Recipe, or Pineapple Pretzel Fluff. I think fruity desserts are the perfect partners for Chicken pot pie!
Recommended Reading: Nation’s Pies
Campbells Soup Recipes For Easy Meals
If youre tired, frustrated and all out of culinary inspiration, these Campbells soup recipes might just save dinner.
There are so many recipes to choose from here, all designed to get a hearty, satisfying meal on the table with minimal hassle.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Because some nights, the last thing you feel like doing is slaving over a stove. Maybe you had a bad day at work, or perhaps the kids are acting up.
Whatevers going on, you just dont have the time or the headspace to cook a gourmet meal.
Dont worry, Campbells soup is here to help! With these simple recipes, dinner has never been easier.
How To Store And Reheat Chicken Pot Pie
To Store, you should wrap any leftovers with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and then store them in the fridge for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months. If you want to add an extra layer of protection, stick the wrapped pie into a freezer bag.
To reheat, you can put the refrigerated piece in the microwave for a couple of minutes. If the pie is frozen, I would thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven for 10-15 at 350F. If the crust is already brown, cover the pie with foil before sticking it in the oven.
Don’t Miss: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie On A Stick Key West
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
There’s no limit to what you can do. Strudels and fruit flans, pot pies, Wellingtons and quiche. You are limited only by your imagination.
Sprinkle each pot pie with 1/2 tsp parsley before serving.
heaping 1 cup
A good chicken pot pie never goes out of style. Served in a mini cast iron skillet, this pie will be a top seller.