Make Ahead And Storage Tips
- To Make Ahead. Chop all your vegetables up to 3 days in advance, and store them in the refrigerator. You can saute the onion and celery mixture up to 1 day in advance, storing it in the refrigerator.
- To Store. To store chicken pot pie, place the filling an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store the biscuits at room temperature.
- To Reheat. Gently reheat the leftover filling in a baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed through, topping with fresh biscuits. You can also rewarm this dish in this microwave.
- To Freeze. Place leftover pot pie filling in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Delicious Comfort Food Recipes
- The Best Meatloaf You need to make this classic meal. It is my mothers delicious recipe with an added touch of delicious sauce. This dinner recipe will quickly become a favorite family meal!
- Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole This dinner boasts flavor and creaminess over a bed of steaming egg noodles. This is a perfect hearty weeknight meal to put on the table.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole This is a delicious combination of the tastiest flavors you will ever eat in a single bite. Dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes!
- Best Baked Ziti Packed with flavorful meat sauce and layers of cheesy goodness, you will enjoy each flavorful bite. This delicious dinner feeds a lot of people and is super filling and hearty.
- Easy Classic Chicken Alfredo is the perfect recipe for busy nights. Done in 30 minutes and made in a single pan, everyone at the table will love this comforting dish!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pie
I can not wait for you guys to make this recipe! This Crockpot chicken pot pie is so easy to make, and is seriously the best!
This is such a great comfort food recipe, that you can start earlier in the day and youll have one filling dinner waiting for you. This is such a delicious family dinner and I know you are going to love it!
Be sure to try my Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie too!
You May Like: Key Lime Pie Review
Tips For Making This Easy Recipe Even Easier
Crock pot liners: This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to clean a slow cooker. One of the beauties of the low and slow chicken pot pie cooking method is you get all those flavors melding together to make a really delicious pot pie. But it can also mean baked on sauce all over the sides.
A crock pot liner will help to eliminate that mess.
Frozen Veggie Mix: Another great way to make easy chicken pot pie in the slow cooker is to use a frozen vegetable medley, and frozen potatoes, so you do not have to do any washing or chopping. If you are in a big rush, this is an excellent way to get dinner on the table faster.
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie with Canned Soup: This method is a real time saver as well. Instead of making your sauce, you can combine canned soup (cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or cream of celery, with some chicken stock, and pour over the mixture. Then when the time is almost up, add some milk or heavy creamy to get that creamy consistency you want, or add cream cheese and stir it all together. It will change the flavor, but can help cut down on time.
Crock Pot Crustless Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Crock Pot Crustless Chicken Pot Pie recipe is a good way to enjoy the flavors of a pot pie without all the carbs of a crust. It is one of my favorite crock pot chicken recipes.
I’ve mentioned a few times that I have been on a low carb diet for a while now.
Actually, I wouldn’t consider it a low carb diet anymore but a way of life. It’s been two years this month since I made this huge lifestyle change in the way I eat. I’ve lost 60 pounds and have maintained the weight loss. YEAH!
As much as I prefer homecooked meals sometimes I like to keep a few low carb meal options in the freezer for busy days when I just don’t have time to make lunch.
Don’t Miss: Bean Pie My Brother
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Notes
- This recipe was adapted from one found in Gooseberry Patchs Slow Cooking All Year Round.
- You can make this one pot meal in any 6 quart slow cooker.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the creamy sauce in a pan.
- Add chicken and raw vegetables to the slow cooker and pour over the sauce.
- Add in the frozen vegetables.
- Prepare the biscuits.
- Serve the stew with a biscuit on top and brush with garlic butter.
Recommended Reading: Damgoode Pies River Market
Slow Cooker Chicken Pie Soup
A hearty slow cooker chicken pie soup, loaded with chicken and vegetables. This comforting dish is perfect for chilly months!
This weekend I did the dreaded yearly swapping of seasonal clothes. This also meant checking to see what winter stuff still fits the kids. Im sure that sounds absolutely ridiculous if youre currently experiencing 90+ temps. But, at least around here, if you wait too long to get new winter gear youre out of luck. So, Im trying to get a head start on things and get it out of the way while its on my mind.
Not to mention the fact that its not completely unheard of to have snow in October here. Halloween blizzard anyone? Seriously. Worst Halloween ever. At least in my opinion. Im sure the kids loved it.
Id like at least a full two months to enjoy my regular boots before swapping over to snow boots. I know snow is inevitable, but Im hoping we dont get slammed this year. Only time will tell though!
Are you excited for the pending winter or preparing to become a hermit?
Im always excited for slow cooker and soup season. Sure, it goes hand in hand with the cooler months, but Im okay with that as long as I get to enjoy soups like this! This chicken pie soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold Fall or Winter day. Not only is it super easy to make, its insanely delicious. Its also quite possibly one of our favorite soups to date. Which means it will absolutely be in my fall/winter recipe rotation!
What Is Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Lets face the hard truth. We are busy. With our daily hustle, this slow cooker chicken pot pie is just what we needed. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is a simple solution to slaving away in the kitchen. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot pie is just the same as a traditional pot pie, but not encased in a crust. I simply throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning, and when I come home, the house smells incredible and dinner is served. I get to spend some time with my family and enjoy the evening hours with them before bedtime, rather than slaving away in the kitchen.
Pro tip: Bake the biscuits when you get home in the evening so it doesnt go stale while the chicken pot pie is cooking throughout the day.
Recommended Reading: American Pie Band Camp Free Movie
Our Favorite One Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Now this recipe does call for a can of cream of chicken soup however, if you want, you can EASILY make your own can of cream of chicken soup. Make sure you check out that recipe to make this crock pot chicken pot pie healthy.
If you love this recipe I hope you try these other delicious Crock Pot Recipes!
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Be sure to preheat your oven to 350°F in order to bake the biscuits on top of the hot stew.
- tip 2 Did you know that most removable slow-cooker inserts are actually ovenproof? Top with biscuits, and pop it in the oven for an easy finish. If yours is not ovenproof, bake biscuits separately as directed on can.
- tip 3 Size matters! We tested this recipe in smaller slow cookers, and while the chicken mixture works fine, the biscuits dont get done. To make this in a smaller slow cooker, bake biscuits separately as directed on can.
- tip 4 Try using your favorite frozen mixed vegetable combination in this recipe.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Soup Recipes For Chicken Pot Pie
Why This Recipe Works
Easy prep The crockpot is perfect for making thick and comforting soups, so why not make your chicken pot pie filling in it? This easy recipe is made with cream soups and fresh vegetables.
The crust When you think of pot pie, you think of pie crust since we use our slow cooker, we dont use pie crust, and we use biscuits instead! Pour this filling into bowls and top with homemade biscuits or even canned baked biscuits. This chicken pot pie will be your go-to comfort food.
Why We Love Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
This is the best ever short cut to chicken pot pie recipe, and here is why:
- Comfort food without the work. I thought I couldnt love my slow cooker any more. I was wrong. Ok, yes you still need to cut up your vegetables and chicken, and the sauce is homemade so it takes a few minutes, but because it slow cooks for up to 6 hours, you can do that during the slower parts of your day, and enjoy chicken pot pie flavor without any rolling out dough.
- From scratchkind of. No condensed soup or cream of anything soup. This recipe is nearly all from scratch, except the biscuits, which I use a canned biscuit for to cut down on time and hassle. However, you can use these Easy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits if you want to go fully homemade. The filling has no cream of anything soup, and it tastes awesome.
- Customizable: This recipe consists of chicken, gravy, vegetables, and buttery biscuits. As a mom I love knowing what goes into the foods my kids eat, and I love that I can amp up the veggies if I need to, skip the chicken if needed, or sub in something else. I love throwing in odds and ends veggies, and changing the flavors up some based on what I have in my fridge.
- No Crust: Admittedly, I love crust, but I hate rolling it out. And am not a fan of store bought pie crust. I want light and flaky. This recipe doesnt use crust, which means you eliminate a lot of the work.
Also Check: Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pot Pie
What Kind Of Slow Cooker For This Recipe
I made this in my casserole slow cooker which was perfect. The casserole liner transfers easily to the oven, or you could “bake” the crust right in the slow cooker.
You could easily adapt this to a regular slow cooker as well and then transfer to a casserole dish to bake the crust in the oven at the end.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Is Freezer Friendly
This recipe is VERY freezer friendly.
To make freezer crock pot chicken pot pie, all you have to do is toss all the ingredients except the potatoes in a freezer bag. . Then freeze!
Next I just toss the freezer bag of ingredients into a crockpot, add your potatoes and cook like normal.
If you want to freeze the potatoes, then substitute diced hash browns for the potatoes and you will still get the same delicious meal and it will be frozen ready to cook.
Freezing it ahead of time really saves you money in the long run. All you have to do is toss it in the crockpot in the morning. Done!
Read Also: Damgoode Pies Fayetteville
Storing & Reheating Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
If you do have any leftovers, this crockpot chicken pot pie will last in the fridge for 4-5 days. Move the mixture into a sealed container and place it in the fridge once it is completely cooled.
To reheat, microwave, or cook on the stovetop until warm. You can even put it back in the crockpot if you prefer. You can also freeze this pot pie for up to a month. Make sure that it is in a sealed container. You wont want to put the biscuits on top prior to freezing. Completely thaw and then reheat either in the crockpot or on the stovetop, then add the biscuits.
What You Need To Make This Easy Recipe For Pot Pie In The Slow Cooker
- A Crock Pot or Slow Cooker: I suggest a 5 Qt or larger.
- Biscuits: I love giving myself the ease of using a pop can of biscuits. But you can make them from scratch as well. My easy homemade buttermilk biscuits work really well here.
- A Sauce Pan: To make the sauce that goes over all those yummy vegetables. It is the usual players of carrots, potatoes, onions, etc. but you can add in others if you want. If adding something delicate, wait until part way through the cooking time so it doesnt get mushy.
- A Little Time: This recipe does not take too much hands on time, and can be made in the morning so you can set the slow cooker and forget it until later in the evening when you are ready to eat, but it does take time to work, so plan ahead so you dont end up hungry with half cooked chicken.
You May Like: Campbells Soup Shepherd’s Pie
How To Make Our Chicken Pot Pie Soup :
She recommended a Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe to us, and while I was excited about the creamy chicken, the veggies, the herbs and potatoes and all that, the thing that really got me excited was, hate to say it, but the HEART SHAPED PUFFS on top!
These are the very important life things that win me over.
Making Clancys recipe in our studio kitchen was so much fun.
Getting giddy about the hearts:
Adorable team lunch moment:
This recipe is solid winter slow cooker material! Thank you Clancy for your submission and thank you to everyone else who submitted a February recipe!
If you want to submit something for our March Reader Recipe, check for instructions at the end of the post!
- Total Time:4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield:6 servings 1x
Keywords: chicken pot pie soup, slow cooker chicken pot pie soup, crockpot chicken pot pie soup