Campbells Green Bean Casserole
The legendary Campbells green bean casserole has been around since the 1950s and it remains one of the most popular casserole recipes in the world.
The recipe for this casserole is by far one of the most beloved Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup recipes.
This recipe is so easy that even beginner cooks can make it to flawless perfection.
All you need are frozen green beans, milk, soy sauce, and French fried onions.
If you want to add a dash of seasoning salt and some sharp cheddar cheese, it makes this recipe even better.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
If you love the taste of chicken pot pie, but not really the work involved with creating a top crust or biscuit topping , you will love this Chicken Pot Pie Soup! It has all the best flavors of the classic dish and comes together in just 30 minutes. Rich and creamy, and full of vegetables and seasoned chopped chicken, a bowl of this will leave you completely satisfied.
Of course we cant resist serving some without our easy, flaky 7 UP Biscuits, which is pretty much this soups BFF, but those are totally optional.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pies
These Homemade Chicken Pot Pies are incredible. Homemade pie crust tops ramekins filled with an easy, lusciously creamy homemade chicken and vegetable filling. Yields 8 in about 90 minutes.
Meet the best homemade chicken pot pies youll ever taste.
Homemade crust check. Loaded with chicken and vegetables check. Easy to prepare check. These pies check all the boxes.
However, I super picky when it comes to pot pie making. For example, I prefer them to be in individual portions. Theyre cute and perfectly portions and because no one wants to fight me over the corner edge. Also there no cream of chicken soup what-so-ever. Just simple ingredients :).
Recommended Reading: Chicken Rice Broccoli Cheese Casserole Campbells
Don’t Miss: The Profit Key Lime Pie
Whats In Chicken Pot Pie
Traditional ingredients in classic chicken pot pie include:
Depending on your flavor preferences, as well as the type of pot pie you intend to make, these ingredients may differ slightly. Additional vegetables, Greek yogurt, various spices and herbs, and even the type of meat can turn your own pot pie into an individual creation.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
This post is in partnership with Campbells. All opinions are my own.
Its always a little bit strange when people talk about food coming back into fashion, and I hadnt realized that the dish was out of fashion at any point to begin with. Case in point: chicken pot pie. You hear words like retro and nostalgia food being used to describe it, but in many kitchens throughout the land, including mine, we never stopped making them.
Don’t Miss: Impossible Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Substitutions And Serving Size
My family felt that using the cream of chicken soup made the flavour too chickeny, so I substitute a can of cream of celery soup. I also added salt & pepper to taste and about 1 tbsp each of oregano and parsley. We eliminated the cheese altogether. The suggested serving size would only be accurate for toddlers or as an appetizer. Using a common refigerated biscuit dough, the recipe does indeed make 10 mini pot-pies, however a grown person would likely want 3-4, plus a side salad. Kids would eat about 2-3. With the substitutions above, we make this on a regular basis.
Erin B. | August 3, 2017
Was this helpful?
What Is Chicken Base
Chicken Base is similar to bouillon but not all chicken bases and bouillons are created equally. I use Better than Bouillon brand bases. They have several types to choose from.
Be sure when you select one that you look at the amount of sodium in each teaspoon of granules. Some brands have double or even triple the amount of sodium when compared to other brands. No matter which brand you choose, follow the directions on the label for reconstitution.
Also Check: Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Campbells
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. Its a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a pickup fee on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
How To Store And Reheat:
If you have left over chicken pot pie casserole, store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. We like to store in individual containers as this casserole makes a great lunch the next day.
We prefer to heat the leftover in the oven, but it can be reheated in the microwave. If you are heating in the over, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Make sure to cover the edges with foil to ensure they do not burn when reheating.
Don’t Miss: Key Lime Pie Delivery From Key West
Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
A chicken pot pie casserole is comfort food at its best! There is something comforting about a creamy gravy nestled with vegetables like corn, green beans, or peas and then topped with a homemade buttery crust! Its super easy to whip up from scratch and Ive made this casserole with and without chicken pieces so either of one works since the flavor really comes from the homemade gravy! Homemade is best when it comes to comfort food so you wont be seeing any canned soups in this recipe!
You May Like: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie On A Stick Key West
Watch Our Step By Step Video
Soup is the ultimate comfort food, and this recipe SO easy to make! If you like chicken pot pie, youll love this soup. Everything goes in the slow cooker at the same time, and simmers all day! This soup was inspired by our easy individual chicken pot pies recipe that my family loves. If you are anti-cream of chicken soup from a can you can make your own. I grew up on canned, and use it for my family. It makes such a creamy base for chicken pot pie filling.
Don’t Miss: Hardee’s Apple Pie
Top Results For Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Classic Chicken Pot Pie Recipe – Pillsbury.com
Copy the link and share
Easy Chicken Pot Pie – Campbell Soup Company
Copy the link and share
Easy Campbells Chicken Pot Pie – My Turn For Us
Copy the link and share
Campbell’s Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie Recipe | KeepRecipes …
Copy the link and share
Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie – Campbell Soup Company
Copy the link and share
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe | Cook With Campbells Canada
Copy the link and share
Easy Chicken Enchiladas From Campbells Kitchen
Mexican night is created easy using these simple enchiladas which are ready in only half an hour. Mexican-style tomato soup, cooked chicken and Colby Jack cheese combine to create a tasty filling for decent flour tortillas. Baked until hot and bubbling, these cheesy chicken enchiladas are certain to earn rave reviews.
Recipe by Campbell& #39s Kitchen
You May Like: Damn Good Pies Little Rock Arkansas
What Should I Use For The Pot Pie Topping
Standard pot pie has pie crust, and we arent going in that direction. The slow cooker cant brown crust, so we must make our crust another way.
- 2 Ingredient Biscuits These are SO easy and delicious! You just need self-rising flour and heavy cream. I keep self-rising flour on hand JUST for this recipe.
- Canned Biscuits Pilsbury Grands are my go-to. These are in the refridgerated section of the store. If you cant find biscuits, the cresent dough is wonderful too.
- Puff Pastry Cut into squares and bake puff pastry is very flakey and goes great with pot pie filling.
Campbells Chunky Chicken Pot Pie
CampbellsÂ® ChunkyÂ® Pub-Style Chicken Pot Pie takes satisfying comfort food to a whole new level. With every spoonful of this ready to eat soup, youll dig into hearty dumplings, big pieces of chicken and vegetables like peas and carrots. Who wouldnt want to tackle hunger with the familiar, stick-to-your-ribs flavors
You May Like: Damgoode Pies Kavanaugh
You May Like: Key Lime Pie On A Stick Dipped In Chocolate
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 For a pretty finish to the crust, brush it with an egg wash and sprinkle lightly with a coarse salt.
- tip 2 Use the small cutters to create steam vents in the top crust or just cut slits in the pastry with the tip of a paring knife.
- tip 3 For a lump-free white sauce, use a medium wire whisk to stir in the flour and then to constantly stir the sauce as you pour in the broth and milk.
- tip 4 To roll the pie crust rounds into a square, place the pastry on a lightly floured counter, pastry cloth or sheet of parchment paper. Then, carefully press the pastry into more of a square shape before rolling it into a 13-inch square. next, fold the dough in half and lay it into half of the baking dish. Finally, unfold it and gently press it into the corners of the pan to create the bottom crust, being careful not to stretch it. The dough should extend just a little over the edges.
- tip 5 Swap in 1 1/2 cups of any frozen vegetable combo for the peas and carrots, slicing larger pieces into smaller pieces so they blend more evenly in the sauce.
Chicken Pot Pie Shortcuts
Speaking of shortcuts, this pie also leans on a can of Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. The can of soup does a few things here: it adds creaminess it adds flavor it thickens the pie filling and it saves you time, since instead of making a mushroom stock you can lean on a can of flavorful condensed soup.
This chicken pot pie is like a cross section of real life. The cooked chicken can be homemade, or from a purchased rotisserie chicken. Some of the vegetables are fresh, others can come from the freezer aisle. The rosemary can be fresh or dried. The puff pastry crust is store-bought. And the resulting pot pie is all yours.
So, for those of you who are happy that chicken pot pie is back in style, and for those of you who never realized it was ever out of vogue, make one of these and see how this old school favorite goes over with your family.
Chicken Pot Pie: This chicken pot pie with a puff pastry crust is creamy and delicious, and relies on a few smart shortcuts.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch deep dish pie pan or similar sized baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium high heat. Sauté the leeks for 5 minutes, until tender.
This homemade chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food! Packed with juicy chicken, vegetables, a creamy sauce and topped with a flaky, golden pie crust.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and well send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Read Also: What Is Bean Pie Made Of
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Biscuits or Dinner Rolls | Whip up a batch of biscuits or even dinner rolls to slather up all the creamy goodness that is left on the plate.
- Salad | Transform the dish to become a bit lighter and use a salad as a side dish. Whether you do a chopped salad or a basic side salad, it will add texture and taste to your recipe.
- Vegetables | I know this recipe is loaded with veggies, but you could also pair with a side of roasted vegetables. We love veggies in our home, so it is always an option.
- NO Knead Instant Pot Bread
Recommended Reading: Tomato Pie Delivery
Yes It’s True That Lately I Have Been Eating Campbell’s Pub
To answer the question I know is at the forefront of your mind: They do the “crust” by putting starchy dumplings in. No, you’re right, I have never had chicken pot pie in a pub that substituted dumplings for crust, but I’m gonna let you have this one, Campbell’s.
THIS, however, this product I saw at the grocery store last nightthis I cannot countenance.
Recommended Reading: Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pie
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie
To make this chicken pot pie recipe youll need about 3o minutes of prep time . If youre making biscuits from scratch, youll want to give yourself an additional 10-15 minutes. Really, 30 minutes is not so much to ask when youll be eating a delicious comfort food dinner that reminds you of home!
What Chicken Is Best
I highly recommend chicken thighs for this chicken pot pie soup recipe. I didnt always use chicken thighs for my soup recipes, but once I started, there was NO going back. Chicken thighs are dark meat which means they are inherently juicier, richer tasting and produce far more tender chicken than chicken breasts. They are also harder to overcook and stay tender for days with a more palate pleasing texture, even when reheated for leftovers.
In addition, chicken thighs are browned first which adds an important layer of flavor to the overall soup as all those golden, flavorful bits become part of the broth.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Also Check: Campbell Soup Turkey Pot Pie Recipe