Funfetti Ice Cream Ingredients
The ingredient list for this recipe is short, and most of the items are shelf stable. We keep a box of cake mix and can of sweetened milk on hand always. That way we can whip this up whenever the mood strikes.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is what will add the sweetness to your ice cream. It also works amazingly well as an ice cream base to add in additional ingredients.
- Cake Mix: Yellow cake mix, to be exact. You stir dry cake mix into the sweetened milk to add that classic birthday cake flavor.
- Heavy Cream: Wondering how this works without a mixer? Whipped cream adds the needed air into your ice cream batter. Be gently when folding into the sweetened condensed milk. You want it just mixed in.
- Sprinkles: Optional, but sort of not. Is cake batter ice cream even cake batter without the brightly colored sprinkles?
Plan Ahead To Make Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream
Anyway, about this Cake Batter Ice Cream: yes, you have to plan ahead a bit and, yes, you will need an ice cream maker. The ice cream itself is not hard to make its seriously a stir and pour operation! but, it does need time to churn and harden in the freezer.
But, I promise you its all worth it because when you can make your own creamy smooth ice cream at home instead of dishing out the bucks to get it at the ice cream shop you will be very happy! Plus, theres nothing better than homemade ice cream during the summer.
I mean, how cute is that ice cream cone with sprinkles?? This Cake Batter Ice Cream is smooth and rich and tastes just like the one made at Cold Stone Creamery. When the hubby tried it he was surprised how creamy it is apparently, the homemade ice cream he had growing up always had ice crystals, which isnt good! So, he loved this creamy smooth ice cream and I know youre going to love it, too.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Tips:
- Freeze the bowl and beaters I place my mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping the cream to help whip it quicker.
- Add more sprinkles We love adding sprinkles. If you are making it for someone special, mix in their favorite color of sprinkles.
- Quality ingredients This recipe requires minimum ingredients, it is best to use high quality ingredients. Vanilla is a key ingredients. Make sure you use quality vanilla extract.
- Do not overmix- Be careful to not overmix the heavy cream. You want to only combine until you start to see peaks form.
- Cake Pieces If you prefer you can mix in cake pieces after you ice cream is frozen.
- Heavy cream is best While it can be tempting to swap this for milk, it will not taste the same. Heavy whipping cream makes the ice cream base rich and creamy.
- Serve between two cookies Just scoop some of the ice cream between two cookies or graham crackers. Place back in the freezer and store. It is another tasty way to enjoy this ice cream.
Read Also: Pie Shaped Lift Top Coffee Table
Don’t Miss: How To Make Apple Pie From Scratch
This Cake Batter Ice Cream Is A Delicious Creamy Ice Cream Treat That Tastes Just Like Cake Batter Its Perfect For Birthdays Holidays Or Just For A Delicious Treat
I love all things cake batter, and this creamy cake batter ice cream is bursting full of that delicious cake batter taste. It literally has almost a cup of yellow cake mix to give it that perfect cake batter-ey flavor.
Ill admit, Im one of those people who licks the bowl clean of batter after making a cake or brownies. So I knew Birthday Cake Ice Cream was a recipe we needed on our site right away.
Tomorrow is once again National Ice Cream Day. Its a yearly holiday that comes around on the 3rd Sunday in July, and what a great holiday to celebrate. Who doesnt like delicious ice cream?
This is the perfect ice cream to celebrate this holiday with, because its kind of like cake and ice cream in one. Or it would be a perfect option for any special occasion or a birthday celebration. But really its great for any day of the year, its one of my favorite ice creams, and I just know youll love it too.
In case you arent ready to celebrate National Ice Cream Day tomorrow, dont worry. The whole month of July is National Ice Cream month so its a good excuse to enjoy homemade ice cream every day of the month.
This is the best cake batter ice cream out there. Its as good as youll get at your favorite ice cream shop, even Cold Stone Creamery if I do say so myself. Its the perfect frozen treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This ice cream uses only 7 simple ingredients, and only a few kitchen tools. Its got actual cake mix in it for the perfect cake batter flavor.
What Kind Of Sprinkles Should I Use
We used Rainbow Jimmie Sprinkles so it would closely resemble birthday cake. You can use other colors if you prefer.
It is important to use jimmie sprinkles because they will not blead into the ice cream base. This type of sprinkles will make the ice cream so pretty.
The appearance of this ice cream is so pretty when you use the correct type of sprinkles.
However, I do not recommend using sugar sprinkles in this recipe. These type of sprinkles will not look the same or have the desired outcome.
You May Like: Are Oatmeal Cream Pies Gluten Free
How Do I Store Leftover Ice Cream
Here are my top tips for storing leftover ice cream!
- Store your ice cream in a shallow container like a baking dish or loaf pan. This makes it easy to scoop, but it also helps keep your ice cream stable and completely frozen while its in the freezer.
- Store your ice cream in an airtight container. First, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap so its touching the surface of the ice cream. Then cover the container with a tight-fitting lid. This will keep your ice cream from developing freezer burn!
- Store your ice cream in the coldest part of your freezer, which is usually in the back of the freezer. Dont store it in the front or in the door of the freezer. These areas are exposed to warm air every time the freezer is open which will cause your ice cream to melt a little and then refreeze. If this happens, your ice cream will develop ice crystals which will give it a grainy texture.
- If youre going to make homemade ice cream its a good time to check the temperature of your freezer. Ice cream needs to be stored at 0 degrees F or below. This inexpensive freezer thermometer is easy to use!
So, get your cones and bowls ready! Or, if youre like me, grab a spoon and dip right into the container! This Cake Batter Ice Cream is so rich and creamy and a fun summer treat. I know youre going to love it!
Love homemade ice cream? Be sure to check out my other ice cream recipes!
How To Make This Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe
- Most of the online recipes for cake batter ice cream I located did not contain egg yolks, which I consider imperative for giving the ice cream a nice rich mouthfeel. It does require a few extra steps, but its worth it.
- Youll have to cook a custard, pour it through a sieve to remove any egg bits, then refrigerate it overnight. But dont despair as its really worth the wait.
- The flavor of cake batter comes from the dry cake mix. If you have a favorite cake mix flavor, give it a try. I find a yellow cake mix to taste artificial, so I usually go with a butter cake mix.
- I also dipped my cones in melted white chocolate and then dusted the chocolate with sprinkles for a celebratory flair.
I brought a cone to my friend, Candy, who happened to have a birthday on the morning our knitting group was meeting. She was thrilled with the special treat and was nice enough to share a bite with the other gals. Im guarding the last serving in my freezer. I need Tom to stop by and let me know if my creation is anything like the Cold Stone Creamery version.
Recommended Reading: Wings And Pies Norwich Ct
How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Maker
- Stir together the ice cream mixture and pour into a 8-10 inch square baking pan .
- Place the ice cream mixture in the freezer for 90 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, making sure to scrap the sides of the pan and break up any frozen chunks. Return pan to the freezer and continue freezing.
- Check the ice cream mixture again after 45 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, making sure to scrap down the sides of the pan. TIP: You will need a sturdy whisk as the mixture begins to freeze. Return the ice cream to the freezer as quickly as possible after whisking.
- Continue freezing the mixture, checking it again after 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, scraping down the sides. Return to the freezer as quickly as possible. Repeat this process 2 more times, every 30 minutes. After a couple of hours, it should be thickening to a slushy soft-serve consistency.
- Continue breaking the ice cream up and stirring it for as long as you like. The longer you whisk the ice cream and continue breaking it up as it freezes, it will create an airier or fluffier final product. Ice cream without a machine typically takes 3-4 hours to freeze to a soft serve consistency.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow dry cake mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons sprinkles
How To Serve Up The Copycat Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter Ice Cream
Finally, here is what’s surely the best part of this recipe: enjoying the fruits of your labor. Well, in this case, you’d actually be enjoying the ice cream of your labor. Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Now it should look like legit ice cream rather than the soft mix you put away a few hours ago.
There are plenty of ways to serve this ice cream, depending on everyone’s individual tastes and what you care to serve. Of course, there’s always the classic move of leaving it plain. This cake batter ice cream has more than enough flavor to satisfy your sweet tooth on its own, after all!
There are other ways to dress it up that also play well with the look and flavor of the ice cream, of course. “I love classic rainbow sprinkles or chocolate sauce,” Carli says. We also think it would be good with brownie bits and a drizzle of caramel or chocolate syrup. The possibilities are endless, so use your imagination to create the ultimate cake batter ice cream dish of your dreams.
Don’t Miss: Buy Hostess Fruit Pies Online
How To Make Cookie Crust Without A Food Processor
No food processor? No problem, working in several batches, place your cookies in a heavy duty plastic ziplock baggie. Using a rolling pin or heavy bottomed bottle, smash your cookies until they resemble coarse crumbs, rolling if needed, then pour into mixing bowl and add melted butter and stir to combine.
Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter Ice Cream
September 25, 2020 by Stephanie Manley, Last Updated May 21, 2021
If youve never had Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter Ice Cream, what are you waiting for? This wonderfully creamy and delicious and has to be one of my favorite ice creams. Did I mention its cake batter ice cream?
You May Like: Pie Insurance Am Best Rating
Cake Batter Is One Of My Favorite Milkshake Flavors
Dont even start. I know what you are going to say. Jessica, is this seriously another CAKE BATTER FLAVORED THING?! Havent we had enough already?! that was supposed to be you, by the way. I also imagine you saying it in a super whiny voice.
The answer is no, there is NEVER enough cake batter flavored things. Its like my second favorite flavor ever . Now with this milkshake, we can have a big cake batter party. We will have Cake Batter Truffles for our appetizer. Cake Batter Martinis for dinner. Cake Batter Milkshakes for dessertand then we will head over and have Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls and Cake Batter Pancakes for breakfast.
I might have to have us all removed from the house with a crane, but it will be soooo worth it.
How Do You Decorate Ice Cream Cones
Gently microwave some chopped white or dark chocolate or chocolate chips in a bowl. Dip the top of the cones into the chocolate, let the excess drip off, then dip them into a bowl of any kind of sprinkles, and let them dry. Alternatively, you can dust the dipped cones with sprinkles.
Vary the colors and shapes of your sprinkles depending on the occasion. Red, white, and blue for the 4th of July, rainbow colors for a birthday celebration, etc.
Read Also: Peanut Butter Pie One Bar
Oreo Dump Cake Butter With A Side Of Bread
May 23, 2022 · Ingredients for Oreo Cake. Oreo cookies: You will need 1 package of Oreo cookies. These will be used for the cake, and the cookie crumbles on top. Condensed milk: You will need to use 1 can of sweetened condensed milk for this recipe. Cool whip: To add a delicious layer of flavor, you will need 1 8-ounce sized tub of cool whip. Marshmallow cream: Use 1 cup of
How Do You Make Cake Batter Ice Cream
You are going to need an ice cream maker to make this ice cream but that is the only special equipment that youll need. Other than that, its just time.
Homemade cake batter ice cream does take some time to make so youll want to plan in advance. The ice cream mixture needs to chill before you churn it any then it needs to freeze. I usually make it the day before I want to serve it.
And if youve ever been intimidated by homemade ice cream , this is a great first recipe to try! Its super easy and made with no eggs.
Step #1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread cake mix onto a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Step #2: Whisk together heavy cream, milk, sugar, cake mix, salt and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step #3: Once chilled, freeze ice cream according to your ice cream maker manufacturers instructions. When there is about 5 minutes left, slowly add in the crushed Oreos a little at a time until they are all incorporated.
Step #4: Spoon 1/3 of ice cream into a freezer safe container, sprinkle 1/3 of sprinkles on top, top with another 1/3 of ice cream and another third of the sprinkles. Repeat once more with remaining ice cream and sprinkles. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Serve.
Now that you know how easy it is to make your own ice cream, here are some more Homemade Ice Cream Recipes youve got to try:
Recommended Reading: One Peanut Butter Pie Bars
You May Like: Land For Sale Pie Town New Mexico
Preheat And Prep The Cake Mix
Now that you have all of your ingredients, it’s time to get cooking. First, preheat your oven to 350 F. Then, take out the cake mix and a small baking sheet. Pour the cake mix in the baking sheet, place it in the oven, and set your timer for 5 minutes.
Yes, it may seem strange, but the powdered cake mix is the only thing that goes in the oven. But stay true to the course, as this step will help to add some additional flavor to the final dish and will also keep any potentially weird raw flour notes out of the finished ice cream. Once your timer dings, take the now lightly toasted cake mix and move onto the next step.
Amazing Cake Batter Ice Cream
I am all about ice cream this summer and Im so excited to share another homemade ice cream with you! A week or so ago I shared my favorite copycat Blizzard ice cream Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
This time its a copy cat recipe of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream Cake Batter Ice Cream! Oh, how I love this stuff! But when we go to Cold Stone I dont always love the long lines and the cost ice cream for the whole family gets a little pricey when you go there. So, I figured I have an ice cream maker so why not make my own Cake Batter Ice Cream at home?
I grew up in a household that only made homemade ice cream on very special occasions. Maybe once a year. I always remember that when it was made there was excitement in the air.
Remembering how special it was making homemade ice cream when I was growing up I made sure to register for an ice cream maker for my wedding and I use it a lot, especially during the summer. As much as I love the classic vanilla ice cream my family made I cant help but dress up the ice cream I make. Smores Ice Cream, Golden Oreo Ice Cream, and Nutter Butter Ice Cream are a few that we love to make.
Don’t Miss: Church’s Chicken Pot Pie