Nuke The Bread For No Longer Than 10 Seconds
Now comes the tricky part. Garlic bread in the microwave should not be heated for more than 10 seconds. It will be enough to warm it up to be delicious.
Every second longer than that makes your favorite bread at the risk of being hard as a rock. So resist the temptation and set the microwave only for 10 seconds.
How Do You Make Coles Garlic Bread
To make Coles garlic bread, in a bowl, add olive oil and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place the bread into a foil bag with the cut side of the loaf on the inside.
Place some of the garlic mixtures at each end of the loaf section of your choice.
Make sure that the outside of the bag is sealed tightly around all sides. Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until golden brown on top.
Can I Make Garlic Butter Spread Ahead Of Time
The best way to prep or make Garlic Bread ahead of time is tomake the Garlic Butter Spread ahead of time. Now, all you have to do is slather it on your fresh bread and bake!
To store Garlic Butter Spread:
- Refrigerator: Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Freezer: Dollop spread onto a piece of plastic wrap and tightly enclose. Transfer to a freezer safe bag, squeeze out excess air and seal. Store for up to two months.
Recommended Reading: Atkins Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
How Do You Get A Good Flavor The Goes Good On Garlic Bread
In addition to adding a variety of saltiness to several meals, garlic bread makes a great accompaniment for salads and pasta dishes. The taste of certain foods has the potential to be crispy and citrusy, such as beans, tomatoes, roasted vegetables, tender green salad, beef and seafood as well as tender foods.
How Do You Cook Frozen Garlic
To use garlic, break off as many pieces as you need for a recipe. It should thaw quickly at room temperature, or you can zap it for 5-10 seconds in the microwave. If using for saute, soups, or sauces, frozen garlic may be placed directly in the pan. It will thaw and break apart quickly from the heat of the pan.
Read Also: Where Can I Watch American Pie
Best Garlic Bread Tips And Tricks
- Use the right bread. As previously discussed, French Bread will give you the ideal toasted, crispy exterior and soft interior.
- Use fresh bread. Take care your bread is freshly baked the same day or it will be extra crunchy and crumbly.
- Use real butter. Please dont use margarine as you can taste the difference! For the ultimate decadence, use French style butter. It has a hint of tangy nuttiness and most importantly, it has less water which results in richer, creamier, butter. You may reduce the butter to & frac13 cup if desired and the bread will be tasty but just not as decadent.
- Use extra virgin olive oil. Use quality olive oil for maximum flavor.
- Use fresh garlic. Garlic powder or jarred-garlic dont make for the BEST garlic bread. Jarred garlic can even taste sour due to the preservatives.
- Bake AND broil. The baking gives time for the garlic itself to bake as well as for the butter to sink about half way down the loaf. The broiling elevates the warm bread to hot bread with an enveloping toasty crust.
- Watch closely! Keep an eye on the bread as it broils as every oven is different. The Garlic Bread can go from golden to burnt very quickly. You may want to rotate the pan halfway through broiling if it is broiling unevenly.
- Dont broil too much. If you are making cheesy Garlic Bread, I suggest not broiling too much because toasted cheese wont be as obey gooey delightful.
Tips For Making Garlic Bread
- Get creative with the herbs you add to the garlic butter! Rosemary, thyme, and oregano make great compliments to your main dish.
- Set a timer, garlic bread is the easiest thing to forget in the oven while youre finishing off cooking.
- Use gloves when removing the roasted garlic cloves to avoid garlic on your hands. If you dont have a stainless steel bar, youre missing out if you cook with garlic. The sulfur molecules in garlic stick to the stainless steel, taking them off of your hands. Theyre super cheap on Amazon, and a life saver when youre entertaining!
- You dont need to use a classic french loaf, try making this recipe with a baguette or dinner rolls!
- The roasted garlic butter is super delicious in pasta and spread on burgers and sandwiches too.
- If youre a fan of cheesy garlic bread, add some fresh grated parmesan, or mozzarella to the slices before baking.
- For garlic bread sticks, slice the bread lengthwise and spread with butter. Once baked, use a pizza cutter or bread knife to slice the halves into sticks.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Bake Apple Pie
What Are The Benefits Of Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is the best thing you can eat with pasta! According to research, whole wheat brown bread makes garlic bread loaded with fibre and other nutrients.
Additionally, eating garlic has been known to stimulate your immune system as well as helping regulate blood sugar levels that may prevent heart disease later on in life.
How Do You Heat Store Bought Garlic Bread
In Your Conventional Oven: In a conventional oven, heat garlic bread in this foil bag at 350 degrees F temperature for 10-15 minutes to warm. Slice in individual servings and enjoy! Under the Broiler For a Crispy Crust: Remove bread from foil bag and place bread halves, garlic side up, on baking sheet.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Fresh Peach Pie
Diy Frozen Garlic Bread
Speaking of frozen garlic bread, you can actually make your own diy homemade freezer garlic bread!! Once youve spread the two halves of your sliced loaf of bread with the garlic butter, just place it in the freezer. After its frozen solid, you can stack the halves up and seal them tightly in a gallon size Ziploc bag.
When youre ready to bake it, just separate the halves and place them cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake according to the same instructions youll just want to add about 5 minutes to the baking time when cooking from frozen.
How To Make Roasted Garlic Bread
The best garlic bread is made with oven roasted garlic, and this homemade garlic bread is so much tastier than store bought! To make this roasted garlic bread recipe:
Roast the garlic:
Make the garlic bread:
Read Also: Traverse City Pie Company Traverse City
How To Serve Creamy Feta Dip
I serve the dip with some toasted pita chips like they do at Boshamps. This is equally delicious with baguette slices, crackers, or some veggies celery sticks, carrots, and bell pepper slices work great. Give this a try the next time you need a simple appetizer that everyone will enjoy! This dip is always the talk of the party!
Reheating Garlic Bread On A Stovetop
If you want to heat the leftover garlic bread to be a little crunchy, then you can opt for heating in a skillet. This is also an acceptable option if you have a few slices, and you dont want to turn on an oven for them.
Immediately note that you can only heat sliced bread this way, not the whole loaf.
Also Check: Best Wild Blueberry Pie Maine
Can Garlic Bread Be Reheated
Yes! Icould eat leftover Garlic Bread room temperature, but it is exponentially warmed.To reheat Garlic Bread:
- OVEN: Wrap leftover Garlic Bread in foil and place on a baking sheet you can do this whether its sliced or a whole loaf. If the bread is sliced, keep it in a single layer in the foil. Bake at 350 degrees F until warmed through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- MICROWAVE: Warm sliced garlic bread in the microwave for only 10 seconds DONT heat too much longer or it will become hard as a rock . I also dont recommend reheating Garlic Bread slices in the microwave unless consuming immediately as it becomes indelibly hard as it cools BUT if you eat it right away, it is sensational.
How Do You Cook Pepperidge Farm Garlic Bread
To make your garlic bread:
Pour the mixture over the bread and fold the other side over it. After sealing tightly around all sides with the foil, cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Also Check: Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie
How To Make Soft Garlic Bread
As written, the recipe is for delectable homemade Garlic Bread with a toasty crusty exterior giving way to a soft interior. If you would like soft garlic bread, then wrap the bread in aluminum foil before baking. This protects the exterior of the bread and also causes the bread to steam creating softer Garlic Bread.
To make soft Garlic Bread:
- Follow instructions for Garlic bread up through spreading with garlic butter.
- Place the two bread halves back together and wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Unwrap and serve immediately.
How Do You Revive Stale Garlic Bread
Delicious, crisp, out-of-the-oven garlic bread can be made even more delicious by ensuring that you store it properly. After slicing the loaf into slices and wrapping tightly with plastic wrap to prevent drying out, one way to keep it tasty is to store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Give it an extra boost of flavour by using fresh garlic or dry herbs for another day or so before gobbling up the entire thing yourself. For those multiples left over after a large dinner party, there are many recipes available all over cooking sites on how you can jazz your stale loaf great ways include mixing cheddar cheese dip mix with water , adding cream cheese and some salt and pepper.
Crumble your garlic bread into pieces or slices, put it in a microwavable safe bowl and add cheese dip , butter and Parmesan . Microwave until the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy with friends!
You May Like: Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
Reasons To Love This Recipe
- Takes just 5 minutes, making it the perfect easy appetizer or side for all of your favorite meals.
- You can customize the flavor according to your tastes or dietary needs. Make it more cheesy, add more garlic if desired, or use vegan options if desired.
- Repurpose leftover bread You can make this delicious garlic bread with leftover bread too!
- Freezer-friendly recipe This garlic bread resepi is also freezer friendly and reheats easily either in the air fryer or the microwave.
- Easy make-ahead side dish You can make it ahead to save time or to have an easy appetizer on hand for last-minute meals, holiday dinners, or super bowl parties.
How Do I Toast Bread In The Oven
Don’t Miss: Deep Dish Pie Pan With Lid
How To Set Up An Oven To Bake Bread
Baking Bread Using A Stove
An amateur baker can install their oven for baking bread in various ways, some more productive than others. Place the bread in the oven racks closer to the bottom as you tend to prepare it for todays bake.
If you have a Baking Steel or baking stone, put it on that oven rack. On top, place your baking pot in your large oven and preheat conventional oven to 500°F for half an hour or more before you want to bake bread.
Remember that this way works well for a cast iron combination cooker, consisting of a saucier and a skillet that lock together, with the skillet part on the rimmed baking sheet and the saucier serving as a lid. A standard cast-iron, enameled Dutch, or stainless-steel oven will suffice.
Bread ovens excel at two tasks that domestic ovens fail to accomplish: generating extra heat and maintaining steam. Baking bread in prepared Dutch ovens alleviates these issues and makes us more tasty baked bread at home.
How Long Have You Cooked O You Cook Frozen Garlic Cheese Bread
1 Prepare a shallow baking sheet by heating the air : 2 Refrigerate the sheet briefly, and keep it for 30 minutes. Spread out desired number of frozen bread slices flat on an ice-cold baking sheet. On the middle rack of your oven, place the baking sheet. The baking process takes about 5 to 6 minutes or aerate a little over once.
You May Like: Nothing Bundt Cakes The Villages Florida
Can I Make Garlic Bread In Advance
Here are two ways to make garlic bread in advance:
- The garlic butter mixture can be made well in advance and kept in the fridge think of it as a flavored butter. It keeps in the refrigerator for a week, if not more. When you are ready to make the bread, let the garlic butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before spreading it onto the bread and baking.
- The bread can be spread with garlic butter 8 hours ahead of time. Wrap it in foil and keep in the fridge until about 30 minutes before you are ready to bake.
History Of The Recipe
While the common belief is that garlic bread is an Italian dish, it is an American invention. Although it pairs deliciously with Italian-inspired flavors, its supposedly an Americanized version of Italian bruschetta.
This popular appetizer started to gain popularity during the 1950s and has only become more popular with time. Its popularity has spread worldwide and is considered a delicious companion for a variety of popular dishes, including pasta, soups, and salads.
Garlic bread is made from an artisan-style bread, most often a baguette or ciabatta, and spread with garlic butter, which is made from softened butter, minced garlic, salt, and chopped parsley. Then, the bread is baked until lightly toasted and bubbly. Some prefer the addition of cheese, so it is often included.
Garlic bread is also known as garlic toast and sometimes Texas toast. The only difference is that Texas toast is made from thickly sliced sandwich loaves, while it is typically made from either Italian or French loaves.
Also Check: Hershey’s Gone To Heaven Chocolate Pie
Can I Use Pre
I am a huge fan of shortcuts when it comesto cooking but when it comes to homemade Garlic Bread, you MUST use freshgarlic not pre-minced jarred garlic. Jarred garlic has its place, but unfortunately it can add a hint ofsourness to the garlic butter spread and ruin the entire Garlic Bread.
Instead, the fastest way to mince garlic is with a garlic press. I like to give my pressed garlic a quick once over chop on the cutting board to make sure there arent any long strands before adding to the garlic butter spread.
How Long Do I Cook Garlic Bread From The Store
The minimum baking time for store-bought garlic bread is 10 minutes, but you can prolong that time for about five minutes until it becomes golden brown just the way you like it.
If you are in a hurry, wrap each slice separately as individual servings, and then place frozen bread slices in a preheated oven. This way, they will heat much faster.
Recommended Reading: 9 Inch Metal Pie Pans
How To Make Frozen Garlic Bread
Enjoy fresh garlic bread any night or day when you have a stash of this Easy Garlic Bread in the freezer, frozen garlic bread that is SO much better than any store bought loaf! So good and easy!
Served at a BBQ Party or alongside a pan of Spicy Sausage Lasagna, this tasty garlic bread will please the masses. At just 20 cents a serving and just a few minutes of prep time, its absolutely worth your while!
It is a humble dish. It doesnt get much attention. Sometimes its an afterthought at the check stand, when one passes the baskets of foil wrapped logs or sneaks down the frozen food aisle real quick to grab a loaf of frozen garlic bread.
Im not sure that anyone waxes eloquent over its virtues. In fact, its sometimes forgotten all together as a culinary option.
But you know what? Garlic bread is awesome! And it deserves a little more attention. For all its simplicity, its the first thing to go when I serve an Italian buffet.
My kids even use garlic bread as a bartering commodity! Yes, indeed, they recognize its value. And so should you!