How To Make Working Mom’s Shepherds Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in sauce pan and drain. Make mashed potatoes on the side. You can use either instant potatoes or homemade mash potatoes, giving your time constraints. Make sure to use butter or butter substitute in the potatoes for best flavor.
- 2Open both cans of condensed Campbells Alphabet Vegetable soup. Add both cans to meat and mix well. DO NOT DILUTE. Take a 13×9 baking dish and lay meat mixture in the bottom of it.
- 3Next, take mashed potatoes and ice the top of the meat mixture. Once meat is covered sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of potatoes. Put dish on oven for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted. YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE A BIG HIT!
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Shepherds Pie Tomato Soup
Add the soup mix, frozen veg, 1 1/4 cups milk, oregano, salt & pepper. Bring it all to a boil, then lower heat & simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the meat mixture into a 9×13 baking pan which has been lightly greased or sprayed with Pam.
Set aside. Prepare the broth: Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Whisk in flour, use a silicone spatula to stir as the flour cooks for 1 full minute to remove the raw flour taste. Add the chicken broth.
Get full Hearty Shepherds Pie Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Rate this Hearty Shepherds Pie recipe with 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, 2 cups frenchs french fried onions, 1 can campbells condensed tomato soup, 1/2 cup water, 2 tsp italian seasoning, 1 package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
Campbells® Fast Fiesta Shepherds Pie Prep/Cook Time: 20 min. 1 lb. ground beef 1 can CAMPBELLS Tomato with Roasted Garlic & Herbs Soup 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn 3/4 cup PACE Picante Sauce 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 can CAMPBELLS Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup 1 cup milk 2 tbsp. butter or margarine 1 1/3 cups instant mashed potato akes
Also Check: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
Cream Of Mushroom Soup Baked Pork Chops
Baked pork chops with mushroom gravy may be one of the first popular slow cooker recipes made with cream of mushroom soup.
The soup keeps the pork chops nice and juicy, and there are only two ingredients required to make this delicious meal.
Yep, you read that correctly. Pork chops and cream of mushroom soup make this a meal.
The original Crockery Cookery cookbook calls this dish Pork Chops Abracadabra.
Brown the pork chops before you put them in the slow cooker and season them with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Recommended Reading: The Profit Key Lime
Don’t Miss: Hershey’s Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe With Tomato Soup
Mild Indian Chicken Curry. Serves 4 Prep 10 MINS Cook 30 MINS. Curried Mince Shepherds Pie. Serves 6 Prep 15 MINS Cook 20 MINS. Beef Stir-Fry. Serves 4 Prep 15 MINS Cook 15 MINS. Beef and Feta Meatballs. Serves 4 Prep 10 MINS Cook 30 MINS. Campbells Chicken Bone Broth, Pumpkin and Rice Bake.
Step-by-Step. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet brown ground beef. About 1/2 way through cooking the beef add in 1/2 a package of onion soup mix, and let it cook the rest of the way with the beef. Taste this before adding any additional salt, as the onion soup mix can be quite salty on its own!
Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in Hamburger Pie based on the calories and nutrition in each ingredient, including Mashed Potatoes, 93% Lean Ground Beef, Kraft 2% American Cheese Singles, Campbell’s Tomato Soup, Green Beans French style canned and the other ingredients in this recipe.
In a small bowl, whisk together: Tomato sauce. Corn starch. Brown sugar. Salt. Use in recipes that call for condensed tomato soup. Im really excited to have this recipe and wanted to share it. ASAP! 5.0 from 6 reviews.
Make Ahead + Freezing
- To make ahead: You can make this shepherds pie 1-2 days in advance if desired. Simply cook ingredients on the skillet and pour in a baking dish. Let cool completely, then cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil and place in fridge. When ready to serve, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese if desired. Then bake uncovered in the oven until bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To freeze: If you are planning on freezing this dish, Id recommend baking it first prior to freezing. Simply bake uncovered in oven for 15 minutes, then let cool completely. Tightly wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place in the freezer . The shepherds pie can be frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge overnight and then bake until bubbly and warmed throughout.
Don’t Miss: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Campbell Soup Shepards Pie Recipe
Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Place potatoes in a large bowl stir until nearly smooth. Spoon potatoes into mounds on top of meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly on edges.
Instructions. Brown ground beef, drain, and return to pan. Stir in green beans, soup, and garlic. Simmer 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring water to a boil, stir in mashed potato flakes, and remove from heat. Fluff with fork. Spread ground beef mixture into the bottom of a square baking dish. Top evenly with mashed potatoes.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Campbell Soup Company. ·. 80 reviews. ·. 30 minutes. ·. Turn leftover chicken or turkey into the ultimate comfort food in just 30 minutes. Our cream of chicken soup makes a rich and creamy sauce and the biscuit mix topping makes it easier than ever to whip up this pot pie.
Campbells, Camden, New Jersey. 1,674,175 likes · 313 talking about this. Campbell knows theres nothing quite like the feeling of a heart-warming, delicious bowl of Chicken Noodle soup.
Join Campbells in cooking in the kitchen with this tomato soup by using it as the start of recipes like beef taco skillet or shortcut butter chicken. Made with honest, high-quality ingredients like farm grown tomatoes, this canned soup is the perfect addition to your weeknight family dinner that everyone will be sure to love!
More About Shepherds Pie Tomato Soup Recipes
EASY SHEPHERD’S PIE | BETTER HOMES & AMP GARDENS
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish set aside. In a large skillet cook ground beef until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon while cooking drain off fat. Stir in mixed vegetables, tomato bisque soup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, dried minced onion, thyme, and pepper. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl stir until nearly smooth. Spoon potatoes into mounds on top of meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly on edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
EASY SHEPHERD’S PIE | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
- Peel & dice potatoes. Place in a pot of cold, salted water and place on the stovetop on high heat. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender. When potatoes are done, drain well, and mash with butter, milk, salt& pepper until smooth.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. When oil becomes hot, add onion and saute until onions become clear. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned. Drain excess grease, add green beans and cook an additional minute or two. Stir in tomato sauce and reduce heat to a slight simmer for about 5 minutes.
SHEPHERD’S PIE – CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Read Also: Pyrex 8 Inch Glass Pie Plate
Santa Fe Shepherds Pie Recipe
Muttis Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Quick German Recipes. butter, condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, mushroom. Shepherds Pie with Sweet Potato Mash Eats Amazing. lamb mince, pepper, dried thyme, sweet potato, onion, lamb stock cube and 8 more. Sweet Potato & Black Bean Shepherds Pie Deliciously Ella.
Hearty Shepherds Pie. 1 HEAT oven to 375°F. Cook meat in large oven-proof skillet until browned drain. Stir in 1 cup Crispy Fried Onions, soup, water and Italian seasoning. 2 SPOON vegetables over beef mixture. Top with mashed potatoes. 3 BAKE 20 min. or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining Crispy Fried Onions. Bake 2 min. until golden.
1 · 40 minutes · To me, Shepherds Pie is the ultimate comfort food meat and potatoes, topped in melted cheese. It just doesnt get any better than that. It is so easy to make, and a family dinner classic. You picky eaters will love this recipe.
Hi Barbara, I am sorry for the confusion. This recipe has been edited and replaced with new and improved recipe that does not include the use of cream of celery soup. The old recipe was added way back in 2011 and wasnt a very authentic recipe. So we decided to create a new recipe for Shepherds pie.
Dont Miss: Recipe For Bean Pies
Tags / Related Topics
Thanks for your comment. Dont forget to share!
I usually only eat Shepherds Pie when its on the menu at a restaurant, but this version is so quick and easy that I could make it at home. This is comfort food, and would definitely be welcome on the dinner table. When making this, I would use lean ground beef and Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup. Instead of using mashed potato flakes, I would make my own mashed potatoes.
Oh my word does this look delicious! Nothing screams comfort food like Shepherds Pie. This recipe sound very similar to the one I grew up eating. Im wondering if you could substitute any kind of cream soup instead of cream of mushroom? Im just not the biggest fan of mushrooms. Maybe a cream of cheddar? Something I like to do with my Shepherds Pie is to sprinkle a tiny bit of parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes. It gives the toppings a little bit of crunch. So good.
Ah shepherds Pie. One of my favorite comfort foods. I love the simplicity of this recipe and the combination of flavors. It truly is fast, and the end result is a rich hardy meal. I like serving this with some crusty Italian bread, on a wintry night, its perfect. You will love the convenience and ease of this recipe.
irwind45150 536343 8
I do not use any soup, I also use creamed corn for the vegetable, I use Idahoan instant baby reds potatoes . Cook hamburger and onion until meat is cooked .dDrain
You May Like: Entenmann’s Coconut Custard Pie
Campbells Tuna Noodle Casserole
We think its time to revive the classic tuna noodle casserole, dont you?
Our moms and grandmas made this yummy casserole, but you dont see folks making tuna casserole as much as they used to.
Thats a shame because tuna is so healthy and it adds so much flavor to a casserole.
This casserole is so easy to make. All you need are egg noodles, condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, tuna, and grated cheddar cheese.
Oh, and dont forget the crumbled potato chips for the crust. Thats what really makes this casserole shine.
Campbells Soup Recipes For Easy Meals
If youre tired, frustrated and all out of culinary inspiration, these Campbells soup recipes might just save dinner.
There are so many recipes to choose from here, all designed to get a hearty, satisfying meal on the table with minimal hassle.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Because some nights, the last thing you feel like doing is slaving over a stove. Maybe you had a bad day at work, or perhaps the kids are acting up.
Whatevers going on, you just dont have the time or the headspace to cook a gourmet meal.
Dont worry, Campbells soup is here to help! With these simple recipes, dinner has never been easier.
Recommended Reading: Navy Bean Pie Recipes
Easy Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
lean ground beef, condensed tomato soup, tomato sauce, water, lipton onion soup mix, dry , low sodium if available, i often use 1/2 envelope, frozen corn , do not defrost, frozen tater tots , substitute mashed potatoes, butter 1 hour 10 min, 8 ingredients. Shepherd’s Pie.
Shepherds Pie Ramen The Food in My Beard egg, fried eggs, beef stock, noodles, miso paste, chicken stock and 14 more Smokey Tomato Soup with Chickpeas KitchenAid
Use a fork or potato masher to mash the potatoes, then stir in cream, milk, butter, and cheese. Make any necessary seasoning adjustments with salt and pepper. Spread mashed potatoes on top of the beef and veggies in the 8×8 baking dish. Bake shepherds pie for 2025 minutes, until mashed potatoes are golden brown and crispy on top.
1 lb ground beef 10.75 ounce can Campbell’s Golden mushroom soup 14.5 ounce can whole kernel corn 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 4 cups mashed potatoes
The Argument: Is It Really Shepherds Pie
Shepherds Pie was originally called Cottage Pie. Some would argue that this recipe cant be called Shepherds Pie because it doesnt contain lamb. Americans have adapted the original meaning of the recipe title to suit a beef-eating culture.
Ill paraphrase from Wikipedia:
- Cottage pie, also known as shepherds pie, refers to an English meat pie. It has a crust made from mashed potato and filled with beef.
- The term cottage pie was common in 1791, when potato was being introduced as an edible crop affordable for the poor. The word cottage meant a modest dwelling for rural workers.
- In early cookery books, the dish was a means of using leftover roasted meat of any kind. The pie dish was lined with mashed potato as well as having a mashed potato crust on top.
- The term shepherds pie did not make an appearance until the 1870s. Since then it has been used synonymously with cottage pie, regardless of whether the main ingredient was beef or mutton.
- Its now commonplace for shepherds pie to be used when the meat is mutton or lamb. The suggested origin being that shepherds work with sheep and not cattle, however, this may be an example of folk etymology.
I hope you enjoy this Shepherds Pie recipe as much as my family and I do. Throw in any extra ingredients you enjoy to make this classic meal even more comforting!
Also Check: Key West Key Lime Pie Company The Profit