Is Chocolate Banana Bread Healthy
Ive included a nutrition label in the recipe card below, so you can judge for yourself.
But I will say that the addition of cocoa powder to make this chocolate banana bread really doesnt make it any less healthy. There arent a ton of added calories or sugar in cocoa. So, other than the chocolate chips on top, its really no different than regular banana bread. And probably a little better for you than chocolate chip banana bread, since there are fewer chips!
While I have not tested this recipe with any alternative ingredients, I do feel it could work well as an allergen-free recipe.
For gluten-free chocolate banana bread, look for a gluten-free flour blend that subs 1:1 for regular flour.
If youd like to make this dairy-free, use a dairy-free butter product that subs 1:1 for regular butter.
For an eggless, vegan version, try using a flax egg or chia egg. For each egg, mix one tablespoon of ground flax or chia seed with 2 tablespoons of water, and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes until gelled.
Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips Recipe For Bread Machine
Then, here is the solution you are looking for. Now, you do not need to roam here and there for banana bread with chocolate chips recipe for bread machine links. Checkout this page to get all sort of recipe page links associated with banana bread with chocolate chips recipe for bread machine.
Why trust us?
100% Manually Verified Food LinksAll Active URLsLAST UPDATED DATE : 04/06/2022
What is banana bread with chocolate chips recipe for bread machine?banana bread with chocolate chips recipe for bread machine is official recipe page/portal. Where you can manage your account and its data. You have the right to make changes in your account and post the latest updates on your wall.
Tips For Making Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Here are some pointers I have learned over the years for making the best banana bread:
- Use very ripe bananas. In fact, the riper the bananas, the sweeter your bread will be, as the starches turn to sugar. The peels should look very freckled or brown and the fruit inside should be soft and browning.
- If your bananas arent quite ripe enough, use this trick: Put them in a 300°F oven, unpeeled, for 15 minutes to soften.
- Dont over-mix the batter! When you add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, just lightly mix it in. Over-mixing will result in a dense and tough bread, which you dont want.
Recommended Reading: 9 Inch Pie Crust Shield
Why Did My Banana Bread Fall In The Center
An out-of-date leavening agent, using too much banana, or inaccurate oven temperature can cause banana bread to fall in the center. To make sure this doesnt happen to you:
- Be sure your baking soda is active and hasnt expired. To test, add 1 ½ teaspoons of it to 1 tablespoon of vinegar. It should be very fizzy.
- Measure your banana after mashing it. Large can mean different things to different people, which is why I also give you a volume measure.
- Use an oven thermometer. Some ovens can be off by 10, 20, or even 30 degrees, all of which make a difference.
- Bake your banana bread fully. Because it can be hard to tell when banana bread is done, I like to use an instant read thermometer. When quick breads are done baking, the center will be 195 degrees F.
The Best Chocolate Banana Bread
One taste of this chocolaty recipe, and youll seriously feel like you are eating actual chocolate cake. And yet it is secretly good for you at the same time!
To cut back on calories without sacrificing taste or texture, Ive packed a full two cups of mashed banana into the decadently rich and dark chocolate banana bread.
The moisture and sweetness from the extra banana makes the recipe so soft and delicious that youd swear it absolutely must be full of fat and sugar. But its not at all!
You may also like this Vegan Lemon Bread
Also Check: Joe And Pie Pizza Menu
Chocolate Banana Bread: Ingredients & Substitutions
Lets discuss the ingredients used in this chocolate banana bread recipe, as well as possible substitutions.
- Salted butter. Unsalted butter works equally well. You can substitute up to half of the butter with canola oil or even applesauce if you would like. For a dairy-free version use vegan butter or coconut oil !
- Overripe Bananas. Buy some extra bananas and let them get extra brown just to make this recipe! If you use under-ripe bananas your bread will lack moisture and sweetness.
- Granulated sugar. regular white granulated sugar and organic cane sugar work well in this recipe.
- Light brown sugar. If you want a little more molasses flavor you may use dark brown sugar instead. Coconut sugar also works well.
- All-purpose flour. Cake flour or bread flour can be used in place of all-purpose flour. I have not tried all-purpose gluten-free flour so if you do report back and let me know how it goes.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder. Choose your favorite variety. For extra-dark chocolate banana bread use dark cocoa powder.
- Cinnamon. The little touch of cinnamon in this chocolate banana bread recipe makes it extra special, you can omit it but I don’t recommend it!
- Chocolate chips. choose your favorite variety and darkness: milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark, even white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips can be used to spice things up.
Key Ingredients For The Best Chocolate Banana Bread
Here are a few of the key ingredients in this homemade chocolate banana bread.
- Bananas Youll need about 3 medium bananas for this recipe. Be sure to use ones that are ripe or overripe.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder Gives the rich chocolate flavor to the bread. Be sure to use unsweetened to avoid making it too sugary.
- Baking soda & baking powder Leavening agents that make the bread nice and soft.
- Chocolate chips Your favorite semisweet or dark chocolate chips. Save extra for topping the bread!
Read Also: What Do I Need To Make Shepherd’s Pie
What Youll Need To Make Chocolate Banana Bread
Be sure to use very ripe, brown bananas for the best banana flavor. To ripen bananas quickly, store them in a loosely sealed brown paper bag.
Also, note that the recipe calls for natural cocoa powder, not Dutch-process. These cocoa powders are not interchangeable. The acidity in natural cocoa powder activates the baking soda in the recipe and causes the batter to rise in the oven. Dutch-process cocoa powder has been treated with an alkali to neutralize its acidity and is therefore not acidic enough to activate the baking soda.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
You can use either a stand mixer, an electric hand mixer or even whisk this together by hand with a little extra effort.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar in mixing bowl
- Add 2 lightly beaten eggs
- Mash bananas with a fork and add them to the bowl
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to batter
- Fold in 3/4 of chocolate chips and transfer to the prepared bread pan
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 chocolate chips and bake
The chocolate banana bread batter should be thick and have small lumps of banana.
Its marvelous how the chocolate chips stay gooey and moist long after the bread comes out of the oven.
Also Check: Campbell’s Pot Pie Soup
How To Ripen Bananas For Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Dont have ripe bananas on hand? There are a few ways you can speed up the ripening process to make your bananas perfect for banana bread!
And there you have it! Ripe bananas that are going to make your chocolate chip banana bread extra delicious.
If you already have frozen ripe bananas, you can also use those. Just leave them out for about 30 minutes to 1 hour in order to thaw before using.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make- This banana bread recipe is very easy to make. It can go in the oven in 10 minutes.
- Double chocolate- Not only is there cocoa powder and chocolate chips in the batter, it is topped with extra chocolate chips on top too.
- Great flavor- It taste like a chocolate cake with bananas. What is not too love!
Read Also: No Yeast Flat Bread Recipe
How To Make It
SAMS TIP: If youd like to nudge your chocolate banana bread a little further into dessert territory, you can drizzle it with chocolate ganache. A half batch would be more than enough for this loaf!
Keep Those Old Bananas
Use very ripe bananas, i.e. mushy bananas. You can tell a mushy banana by the color of the peel it should be browned or browning significantly and should feel soft when squeezed between your fingertips and will be very easy to mash with a fork. Mash bananas until they are a chunky applesauce consistency. Some texture is good in banana bread!
Also Check: Hotels Near Pie Town Nm
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I know, we all hate the word moist but theres just no other word that better describes this banana bread. Its tough to even categorize this as bread because of how soft and lush it is. Especially with those mini chocolate chips sprinkled throughout.
To make this recipe, I essentially modified by pumpkin bread recipe because its just so good. If it can make life-changing pumpkin bread, why cant it make life-changing chocolate chip banana bread? Hypothesis confirmed. It sure can.
There are a few things to keep in mind to ensure your bread turns out perfect:
So thats that. These few simple tips will ensure your chocolate chip banana bread turns out soft and moist every time.
Rich & Flavorful Chocolate Banana Bread
Theres banana bread, and then theres this chocolate banana bread. The darker, richer cousin to the classic, my chocolate version is loaded with rich chocolate banana flavor and studded with copious cupfuls of chocolate chips. Perhaps a bit too indulgent for breakfast and too tame for dessert, this bread makes for a wonderful snack .
This recipe is a cross between my popular banana bread and my double chocolate muffins. Its super moist, intensely flavorful, and ultra chocolatey. The crumb is very soft and tender , and it beautifully contrasts the rich flavors from the bananas and chocolate. Its a stunner!
Recommended Reading: Key Lime Pie On A Stick
How To Ripen Bananas Fast
If you want to make this banana bread, but you don’t have ripe bananas on hand, don’t worry! Bake regular bananas in a 200c preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, this will soften the bananas and make them into a ripe banana texture.
OR bake the bananas unpeeled in a 150c for about 10 minutes.
Read this post for more instructions and tips on how to ripen bananas fast.
How To Cut The Banana Bread
First, the double chocolate chip banana bread needs to cool completely before cutting into it. If it is warm, it will fall apart.
Sometimes if the bread is just a little too warm, I will stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Next, use a serrated knife to cut the bread. This will help you give the best cuts.
You May Like: How To Bake A Sweet Potato Pie
This Easy Chocolate Banana Bread Is Moist Tender And A Chocolate Lovers Dream It Is The Best Banana Bread Recipe
I am super excited to share this Chocolate Banana Bread recipe with you today. I have been testing the recipe for a few weeks and it is finally perfection. It is probably the best banana bread in the history of all banana breadsif you like chocolate. But who doesnt like chocolate? If you dont, I am not sure we can be friends. Just kidding, we can be friends because that means I can eat your slice of Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:)
It has taken me a few weeks to get this recipe absolutely perfect because we keep running out of bananas. Our boys are little monkeys and I cant keep enough bananas in the house to bake banana bread. Last week, I hid some bananas in the back of the pantry so the boys wouldnt find them. The bananas turned brown and I used them to make this EPIC loaf of Chocolate Banana Bread. I nailed the cocoa banana bread recipe this time. It is absolutely perfect!
So what makes this banana bread so special?
- This recipe also calls for melted unsalted butter AND oil. The butter gives the bread a nice flavor and the oil keeps the bread extra moist. The combo produces a tender crumb with great flavor.
- I used brown sugar and only brown sugar in this recipe because again, I wanted the bread to be super moist and brown sugar keeps baked goods more moist because of the molasses content. And I know, I have used the word moist a million times in this post and I am sorry, but the bread is really moist and I promise that is a really good thing.
How To Store Leftovers:
- Room temperature: Store it at room temperature uncovered or covered for 2-3 days.
- Refrigerate: First, let the dessert fully cool on a wire rack. After that, either refrigerate it whole in an airtight container or slice it into individual pieces. It will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Start by making sure that it has been fully cooled. After that, wrap the bread or individual slices in plastic wrap and after that in foil. Next, place them in freezer-safe bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw: To thaw transfer the bread from the freezer to the fridge to thaw overnight.
- Serve: Serve it warm or at room temperature, you can also warm up slices in the microwave, and it tastes delicious with some butter.
Don’t Miss: Pie Company Traverse City Michigan
How Do You Make Chocolate Banana Bread
I thought you’d never ask! Ok so super simple recipe here. Mash up 4 ripe bananas and add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter, and sour cream. Then add the cocoa powder , flour, kosher salt, baking soda, and nutmeg.
Mix it all together and add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top! Then bake! Bake for one hour to an hour and 10 minutes. Of note, this recipe requires a 9×5 loaf pan.
How To Make Chocolate Banana Bread
To begin, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time.
Incorporating well after each addition.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Beat gently until just combined.
Mix in the mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
Add the chocolate chips.
Fold with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and spread evenly.
Bake until done, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Let the chocolate banana bread rest in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
You May Like: Make Me A Pie Chart
Chocolate Banana Bread: If Youve Got A Chocolate Craving This Will Satisfy Deep Dark & Super
Its been a little bit but Im back with you today, sharing another fabulous recipe!
I took off last week to do a little home improvement project, but I missed baking! And especially baking with chocolate. Theres really nothing better, am I right?
Ive really been craving chocolate lately. That flourless chocolate cake, those peanut butter blondies with big hunks of melty chocolate, and that homemade toffee made a dent- but I still find myself wanting more!
And since there arent a whole lot of fresh fruits in season right now, I thought chocolate banana bread might be the perfect thing!
I was not wrong!
This recipe bakes up deep, dark, and intensely chocolate-y, with a sprinkling of chocolate chips on top and a moist, soft interior bursting with that unmistakable sweet banana flavor.
Plus its super-easy to make, with just a handful of pantry staples.
So warm up your kitchen and have something positively scrumptious to show for it!