How To Make This Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe
- Preheat Preheat oven to 400 Degrees and coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Then set aside.
- Saute First, you will need to saute the yellow onion in the olive oil until they become golden brown. Then add the ground beef and break it apart.
- Cook Beef Next, add parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes Stirring occasionally until meat is completely brown.
- Saute Garlic Then, add the garlic and let it cook for about 1 minute or until it is golden brown. Next, add the Worcestershire sauce and stir until fully incorporated.
- Thickener Add flour and ketchup to the ground beef mixture. Mix until the flour make a nice creamy roux.
- Add Veggies The final step of the ground beef filling is to add the beef broth, frozen peas, carrots and corn kernels. Cook until the beef broth comes to a boil. Then, reduce heat and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add To Baking Dish Last, spread out the ground beef filling in a 13 x 9 baking dish. Make sure to spread it evenly and set aside.
Can I Make This Homemade Shepherds Pie Ahead Of Time
Making a classic shepherds pie is not hard. But, it can be a bit time consuming. So you can make the meat filling or potatoes a head of time. Then, add them to a baking dish when your are ready to make the casserole. I find it is best to finish it within a couple of days of making the other ingredients. When you are ready to eat it. Remove it from the refrigerator and let it warm up at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Then, uncover it and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Kraft Dinner Shepherds Pie Recipe List
Crisscross Shepherd S Pie My Food And Family. Crock Pot Shepherds Pie Las. Crock Pot Shepherds Pie Las. Our 30 Minute Easy Shepherd S Pie Four Generations One Roof. Homemade Shepherds Pie Recipe Free For Android Steprimo Com. Philly Cheese Steak Shepherd S Pie Recipe Bettycrocker Com. Shortcut Shepherd S Pie Recipe Food Network Kitchen.
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables 1 lb. ground beef 1 cup beef gravy 4 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
Read Also: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
You May Like: Campbells Soup Shepherd’s Pie
How To Make Ground Beef Casserole Step By Step
- Prepare Oven: First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Second, heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Ingredients to Pan: Next, add ground beef, onion, garlic, House Seasoning Blend, thyme and Rosemary
- Brown: Meanwhile, brown and chop the beef. I love this Ground Beef Chopper. Then cook until beef is cooked through and then drain excess fat from the pan.
- Thicken: Later stir in flour. Then add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Boil : Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes and then peas and carrots into the beef mixture.
- Cheese: Mix cheddar cheese to prepared mashed potatoes.
- Spread: Finally, spread potatoes on top of beef mixture
- Bake: Lastly, bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
LOVE EASY RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Recommended Reading: Entenmanns Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
Taco Shepherd S Pie The Shortcut Kitchen
Shepherd S Pie Appetizer. Here are a number of highest rated Shepherd S Pie Appetizer pictures on internet. We identified it from obedient source. Its submitted by dispensation in the best field. We say you will this kind of Shepherd S Pie Appetizer graphic could possibly be the most trending topic past we ration it in google pro or facebook.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Pot Pies
Easy Kraft Dinner Recipes
The Best Shepherds Pie Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe The Best Shepherds Pie. Ever. is incredibly hearty, with beef and vegetables cooked in a savory gravy, topped with creamy mashed potatoes the ultimate comfort food!
Turkey Shepherds Pie with Fresh Herbs Cooking On A Budget. mashed potatoes, butter, rosemary, olive oil, butter, ground turkey and 6 more. Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe | Quick Weeknight Dinner! Moms Need To Know. salt, milk, butter, pepper, frozen peas and carrots, ground beef and 6 more.
Veggie Mince Shepherds Pie With Cauliflower Mash Topping Belleau Kitchen. tomato ketchup, butter oil, garlic bulb, butter, onion, mushrooms and 14 more. Black Bean & Mushroom Shepherds Pie vegan, gluten-free, delicious! Trinitys Conscious Kitchen. black pepper, rice milk, black pepper, potatoes, courgette, black beans and 15 more.
Method. Step 1. 1. Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan, skin side up. Add 1 1/2 cups water, bay leaf and sliced onion. Cover and poach gently over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Turn the chicken over halfway through cooking. Remove the chicken from the pan and strain cooking stock, reserving 1 cup.
Directions. 1. To make the sweet potato ground beef casserole: Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender. 2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 1 minute, then add garlic and ground meat and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Reasons Why I Love This Shepherds Pie Recipe:
People assume that since I have a food blog that I just LOVE cooking and stand in my kitchen all day every day making amazing gourmet meals. Well, thats partly true I guess. ??
But most days Im cooking recipes up for this little blog, I end up wanting to just lay on the couch and watch Netflix by dinner time. In other words, no more energy to make dinner for my family.
That being said, I love me a good cheat meal like this Easy Shepherds Pie. Its super quick to whip together and cooks up in about 25 minutes. Add a side salad and youre good to go!
Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a gourmet meal when in reality, you spent very little time whipping it up. Winner winner, casserole dinner! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Recommended Reading: The Key Lime Pie Company
Recommended Reading: Mrs Budd’s Chicken Pot Pie Review
What Makes This Recipe So Easy
This really is an easy homemade shepherds pie. It uses mostly premade ingredients that you can get at your local grocery store, and you may already even have on hand. Youll save a lot of time by not having to make your potatoes from scratch. Instant or prepared mashed potatoes are perfect for this recipe. Of course, if you have an Instant Pot, you can follow my easy mashed potatoes recipe if you have the time.
While I do use some premade ingredients, this is still a reasonably healthy shepherds pie recipe. I do my best to buy prepared foods with as few additives as possible. My local supermarket, HEB, carries a brand of prepared mashed potatoes that is just potatoes, milk, butter, salt, and pepper. Many other brands come packed full of additives. So youll definitely want to look at the ingredients list before purchasing.
The Argument: Is It Really Shepherds Pie
Shepherds Pie was originally called Cottage Pie. Some would argue that this recipe cant be called Shepherds Pie because it doesnt contain lamb. Americans have adapted the original meaning of the recipe title to suit a beef-eating culture.
Ill paraphrase from Wikipedia:
- Cottage pie, also known as shepherds pie, refers to an English meat pie. It has a crust made from mashed potato and filled with beef.
- The term cottage pie was common in 1791, when potato was being introduced as an edible crop affordable for the poor. The word cottage meant a modest dwelling for rural workers.
- In early cookery books, the dish was a means of using leftover roasted meat of any kind. The pie dish was lined with mashed potato as well as having a mashed potato crust on top.
- The term shepherds pie did not make an appearance until the 1870s. Since then it has been used synonymously with cottage pie, regardless of whether the main ingredient was beef or mutton.
- Its now commonplace for shepherds pie to be used when the meat is mutton or lamb. The suggested origin being that shepherds work with sheep and not cattle, however, this may be an example of folk etymology.
I hope you enjoy this Shepherds Pie recipe as much as my family and I do. Throw in any extra ingredients you enjoy to make this classic meal even more comforting!
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How To Make Shepherds Pie
This easy recipe will make you feel like a pro when your family gets a taste. My kids loved it, and they all went for seconds, and some even thirds! Thats a sure sign its a winning recipe.
All youll need to do is brown your ground beef and add the seasonings and veggies. Youll spread your meat mixture in a baking dish and then layer the mashed potatoes mixture on top. Thats it! Dont skip the extra ingredients in the mashed potatoes. They really give it a wonderful flavor. Youll bake it for 20 minutes, and youll have an incredibly delicious meal for your family!
In my opinion, this is a stand-alone recipe, and theres nothing you need to serve with shepherds pie. Meat, veggies, potatoes, what more do you need?
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
This quick and easy recipe requires very few cooking utensils. These are some of the items youll need to prep and make this recipe:
- You need some food prep or mixing bowls and a wooden or silicon spoon to mix the warmed mashed potatoes with the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- I recently got this ground beef chopper to use when cooking ground beef. Im loving it because it makes it so easy to break the meat into smaller pieces as it cooks.
Appliances & Cookware
This recipe requires both stovetop and oven cooking. Here is what youll need:
Recipe Directions Save Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange Ore Ida Tater Tots on a baking sheet. Place the tater tots on the center rack of the oven & bake for 15-minutes. Remove tots from the oven.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Peel, cut, & boil the potatoes. When done, strain off the water and return potatoes to the pot add butter, cheeses, salt, and black peppercorns to taste.
- Place a large skillet over med-high heat, brown the ground beef, add salt and pepper to taste. When the ground beef is done, strain grease and return it to the skillet. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and mix well.
- Next, add the Birds Eye mixed vegetables, onions, and garlic to the ground beef and stir gently until the mixture is well-combined.
- Spray the bottom of a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the beef mixture into the bottom of the dish, spread it around evenly. Add the potatoes and spread them evenly, then place the tater tots over the top of the cheesy mashed potatoes.
- Place the casserole pan onto the center rack of a preheated 350°F oven & cook for 35-minutes.
- Remove the Tater Tot Shepherds Pie from the oven, let it cool, then serve.
- Garnish w/ chives.
Read Also: Damgoode Pies Fayetteville
Kraft An Easy Shepherd S Pie Made With Lean Ground Beef Has A Light But Flavorful Layer Of Creamy Mashed Potatoes On Top Save To Favorites
Easy shepherd s pie kraft. An easy shepherd s pie made with lean ground beef has a light but flavorful layer of creamy mashed potatoes on top. I made it rate it print pin share. Your family will want this easy shepherd s pie recipe every night of the week.
Made with better for you lean ground beef our take on a classic shepherd s pie is a crowd pleaser. Elk shepherd s pie rating. So funny how languages change country to country i love the inclusion of cheese over the mash.
Prepare potatoes as directed on package omitting the milk. I came up with this super easy shepherd s pie recipe because i have a lot of kids and not a lot of time so easy and fast are the way to go. Add half the cheese mixture to meat mixture along with the mixed vegetables and tomato sauce.
Although in england shepherd pie is always made with ground lamb hence shepherd in the name and cottage pie is made with ground beef. Onion powder for the gravy. This is a quick and easy american twist on the traditional irish shepherd s pie.
Combine cheese coating mix and dry rub. Prepare as directed omitting the garlic and substituting 3 4 cup kraft original barbecue sauce mixed with 1 2 tsp. This easy to make winning update of a classic shepherd s pie is a hearty main dish chock full of colourful vegetables.
My kids love shepherds pie. If you like shepherd s pie and you like easy skillet dishes well you ll like this recipe. Try this creamy cheesy shepherd s pie recipe.
Tips For The Best Shepherds Pie
- Use lean ground beef or lamb so that everything holds together and does not fall apart from the excess grease.
- Use russet potatoes for the lightest and fluffiest potato topping.
- Let the shepherds pie rest for 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to absorb back into the meat and help everything stay together.
- Broil the last couple of minutes to brown the potato topping.
You May Like: 6 Inch Glass Pie Plate
Read Also: American Pie Band Camp Free
Traditional Irish Shepherd S Pie
Authentic Shepherd S Pie Recipe. Here are a number of highest rated Authentic Shepherd S Pie Recipe pictures on internet. We identified it from trustworthy source. Its submitted by presidency in the best field. We undertake this nice of Authentic Shepherd S Pie Recipe graphic could possibly be the most trending topic later we ration it in google benefit or facebook.