What Is In Classic Chicken Pot Pie
The ingredients used in this homemade chicken pot pie recipe are both simple and flexible. You can add in, leave out or change up a number of the ingredients.
- Cooked chicken
- Pie crust
We love our chicken pot pie with potatoes! While you dont have to put potatoes in chicken pot pie, I highly suggest you give it a try!
Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Tell everyone youâre having pie for dinner and see how big their smiles are. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo to put your own unique spin on this old-fashioned favorite.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
|1 3/4 cups chicken broth
|2/3 cup milk
|2 1/2 to 3 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey
|1 box frozen peas and carrots
|1 box refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts , softened as directed on box
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and peas and carrots remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 425Â°F. Roll 1 pie crust into 13-inch square. Ease into ungreased 9-inch glass baking dish. Pour chicken mixture into crust-lined dish.
- Roll remaining pie crust into 11-inch square. Cut out designs with 1-inch cookie cutter. Place square over chicken mixture. Arrange cutouts on top crust. Turn edges of pie crust under flute edge.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories562.1, Carbohydrate47.7 g, Cholesterol92.1 mg, Fat6 1/2, Fiber2.4 g, Protein20.3 g, SaturatedFat15.3 g, ServingSize1 Serving, Sodium675.0 mg, Sugar4.0 g, TransFat5 g
How To Make Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
Prepare pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Preheat oven to 425°F. In … a deep dish pie pan or shallow casserole. Line … if desired. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Learn how to cook great Mini chicken pot pies – pillsbury.com . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Mini chicken pot pies – pillsbury.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Mini chicken pot pies – pillsbury.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite!
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits. Pillsbury.com. Simmer a filling of tender vegetables and juicy chicken chunks, bake with flaky biscuits on top, and… 0 Hour 40 Min.
Chicken pot pie crescent bake – pillsbury.com recipe. Learn how to cook great Chicken pot pie crescent bake – pillsbury.com . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chicken pot pie crescent bake – pillsbury.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
This Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe is a quicker alternative to traditional homemade chicken pot pie but tastes just as good . Its great for sick days, a chilly evening, or just whenever youre wanting a comforting, homey meal!
Don’t Miss: Docs Pot Pies
What Should I Top Chicken Pot Pie Soup With
Chicken pot pie soup would just be fabulous creamy chicken soup if it wasnt for the topping! To elevate the soup to chicken pot pie soup, serve it with biscuits, oyster crackers or pie crust crackers. Pie crust crackers are exactly what the sound like, crackers made from pie crust! They definitely are the way to go for the complete pot pie experience, but the other options are tasty too because sometimes all you want to do is pop a can of biscuits and bake!
- Pie crust crackers: To make these easy crackers, you can you use this fabulous homemade pie crust recipeor just pick up some store bought pie crust. To make, roll the crust out onto parchment paper or non slip silicone mat. Lightly brush the pie crust with some melted butter and lightly sprinkle with some salt. Cut into thick strips. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the strips are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature, then break into pieces. Now you have pie crust crackers!
- Homemade biscuits: Because nothing is better than homemade! Use your favorite recipe or try my homemade cheddar chive biscuits I made for my traditional pot pie filling.
- Store-bought biscuits: So easy! I used Pillsbury Grands in these photos and they were delish.
- Oyster crackers: Salty, crunchy crackers pack the perfect bite size bursts of flavor and texture in every spoonful.
Easiest Chicken Pot Pie Crust
Maybe you have been doing yard clean up all day and youre looking for a cozy weekend meal to enjoy with a salad and glass of wine.
When the clock says 3 oclock, and dinner plans are not finalized, a run to the grocery store is a must.
Quick tips for this easy recipe if you are pressed for time:
- Pick up a couple of fresh rotisserie chickens in the deli department. This is always my already cooked protein of choice, and I can use the leftover carcass to make a nice bone broth or soup.
- and a Pillsbury Pie Crust.
I know- you are probably going to ask Kelly, why dont I make everything from scratch?! and I will say because your family is going to be hungry in an hour!
I can be a purist when it comes to pie crust, but when pressed for time, store-bought pie crust is the way to go.
Read Also: Damngood Pies Little Rock
How Do You Thicken Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This chicken pot pie soup should already be luxuriously thick and creamy due to the flour, half and half and cornstarch, but if you would still like a thicker soup, you can use any of these methods:
- Cornstarch: This is my preferred method and super easy. Remove about Â¼ cup soup and whisk in 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch with a fork until smooth then whisk it back into the soup. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Repeat if needed.
- Flour: Flour is half as potent as cornstarch so you will need twice as much. Remove about Â½ cup soup, whisk in 2-4 tablespoons flour with a fork until smooth then whisk it back into the soup. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Repeat if needed.
- Mash potatoes: Microwave a few potatoes, mash them and add them to the soup.
- Add creamed corn: Add one can of creamed corn to add corn flavor and thicken the soup.
- Puree soup: Remove 1-2 cups of the soup and puree it in your blender or food processor. It will add body to the soup while preserving the flavor.
- Puree beans: Add cannellini beans to a blender along with some of the soup. Puree until smooth to create a paste. Stir back into the soup and warm through.
Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:
Easy chicken pot pie with short cuts to keep dinners easy. Orly first learned how to make this recipe when she found out it was one of her husbands favorite dishes after they first started dating. In other words, this Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie recipe may be so good that the man you are dating wants to marry you- in other words, be careful who you make this for! LOL
This recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite at your house, simple to make but wholesome and hearty. Perfect for family dinners together.
Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:
- 2 large or 3 small Chicken Breasts
- 34 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Russet potatoes, small dice
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 cup of Frozen Peas
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie On A Stick Key West
Line Each Muffin Cup By Pressing 1
. Peel off top plastic sheet. On large cutting board unroll dough sheet. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
Heat oven to 375F. Cook rice in water as directed on package. Heat oven to 375F.
Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring. Top with soup mixture dividing evenly between crusts. Serve them with a fresh green salad.
Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Pat cooked rice evenly in bottom of pie plate. Pour into pie plate.
Heat oven to 400F. Place 1 dough square over each custard cup stretching to fit bowl. Separate dough into 8 triangles.
Cook and stir until no longer pink in center. Heat oven to 375F. In this video learn how to cook this classic Pillsbury dinner.
Ovenproof bowls or custard cups over crust. Cozy up busy weeknights with a quick and easy homestyle chicken pot pie bake. Arrange triangles points toward center over hot mixture.
Make your chicken pot pie casserole with a super-simple made-from-scratch sauce frozen veggies chopped chicken and a flaky crust made from Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls. Ad Leckere Rezeptideen für jeden Tag die Ihnen das tägliche Kochen leichter machen. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour over crust.
This fun take on a chicken pot pie wraps all the fillings you love into a show-stopping crescent ring. Ad Aktuelle Buch-Tipps und Rezensionen. Press out fold lines.
Spoon 1 cup mashed potatoes on center of each crust spreading to within 2 inches of edge. Unroll dough on work surface. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Pin On Food Amazing Recipes
Can You Make Chicken Pot Pie From Scratch
Can you make chicken pot pie from scratch? Of course! You canât beat using the perfect roasted chicken with homemade crust and creamy gravy filling.
But, sometimes itâs okay to use soup in chicken pot pie.
When it comes to crunching time, throwing together the essential ingredients, even if they are store-bought, still has a very tasty outcome.
Have turkey leftovers? Try our Turkey Pot Pie recipe for a great way to use up all the big meal leftovers!
Read Also: Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup Can
Also Check: The Key Lime Pie Company
Pillsbury Classic Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This recipe for Pillsbury Classic Chicken Pot Pie, by , is from The Bucholtz Family Cookbook, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. We’ll help you start your own personal cookbook! It’s easy and fun.
1. Heat oven to 425º. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.3. Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.4. Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15-20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Best Fall Comfort Foods
This easy chicken pot pie recipe is one I keep handy for days where time seems to pass faster than I realize and need to get dinner started quickly.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pies
Chicken Pot Pie Made With Pillsbury Pie Crusts
As a child I grew up eating those cute little frozen pot pies. I learned at a young age how to poke holes in the top and heat them up. To be honest, its still a comforting meal to me, and sometimes Ill find them on special at the grocery store for $.75 each and buy a few.
I like to recreate some of my favorite boxed or frozen meals that I enjoyed growing up, and make them homemade without all that nasty sodium and preservatives. A few months ago I posted a status update on my facebook that I was making a chicken pot pie using Pillsbury Pie Crusts. I asked if anyone would like the recipe and some interest was shown so I had planned to share it with you during our move. Unfortunately over the course of that move I misplaced my folder that I write all my recipes down in that Im making and testing. Thankfully I found it, so now I can share this delicious recipe with you! Maybe it will bring about fond and comforting memories for you as well!
- 2 medium yukon potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust , brought to room temperature
|Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Begin by sauteing your onion with the butter in a medium saucepan.
|Add the garlic and celery, heat until just softened.
|Stir in flour and whisk quickly until well blended.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This chicken pot pie soup is quick and easy to make from scratch! Lets make some!
STEP 1: SEAR CHICKEN:
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drying the chicken allows the seasonings to stick. Allowing the chicken time to rest while you prep the veggies helps the seasonings penetrate the chicken.
- Sear chicken in a large Dutch oven/ soup pot until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate but leave drippings.
- Searing the chicken results in the Maillard reaction, in which amino acids and reducing sugars produce browning, and as we know, color= flavor! The delicious brown bits left in the bottom of the pan will be season the entire soup as they permeate the broth.
STEP 2: SAUTÃ VEGETABLES:
STEP 3: Add flour
- Sprinkle in the flour then cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes . Cooking the flour gets rid of the raw flour smell and taste.
- The vegetables will not be completely tender at this point but will soften as they simmer with the soup.
STEP 4: simmer soup
STEP 5: thicken soup
- Once chicken is tender, remove to a cutting board, shred and add back to the pot.
- Whisk cornstarch with half and half until smooth then stir back into the pot. Bring the soup to a gentle simmer until thickened.
You May Like: Lipton Herb And Garlic Soup Mix
Read Also: American Pie Band Camp Trailer