Pecan Pie Recipe Tips
You can enjoy your pie with ice cream on top, whipped cream, or on its own. The crunchy pecans, paired with the sweet filling, is guaranteed to bit a hit. If you are using a prepared frozen pie crust, place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.The pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly it should spring back when done. If pie crust is over-browning, cover edges with foil. Pecan pie is a wonderful dessert to make ahead of time.You can get started by combining all the filling ingredients one day ahead of time. Keep it covered tightly in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the pecan pie. You can also make the pecan pie dough 1-5 days in advance since it needs to chill.
Put A Cold Pie Into A Hot Oven
Make it cold, bake it hot.
Putting a cold pie into a hot oven will help avoid a soggy bottom.
- Everything should be chilled: ingredients, bowls, and materials.
- Refrigerate the pie crust dough until your filling is ready. Warm dough causes butter to softenwhich will cause a soggy instead of a flaky crust.
- You can also chill your pie in the fridge for 15 minutes before baking.
Tips For Baking Pecan Pie
Bake your pie in a 350°F oven for about 30-40 minutes. Youll know the pie is done when the crust is golden brown and the pie is set. It should still jiggle just a bit when you give it a gentle nudge. Let your pie cool and set for an hour before serving.
Shield the pie if the nuts or crust start to brown too much. If its browning too much, protect the edges from the heat with strips of foil tented gently over the edges, or use a pie shield.
You May Like: Entenmann’s Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
How Do You Toast Pecans
Heres how to toast pecans in the oven:
Heres how to toast pecans on the stove:
Why This Is The Very Best Pecan Pie Recipe There Is
Simple recipe – This recipe is super simple with only 7 easy to find ingredients.
Easy preparation – Buying a pre-made pie crust makes preparation of this pie a 5-minute affair. It could not be easier to chop the pecans, whisk together the filling, and pour them into the pie crust.
To die for texture – The pecans on top of this pie get crisp and toasty while the nuts underneath stay a little on the chewy side. The sweet filling is creamy and rich. There is something about a southern pecan pie that you simply can’t beat, and this recipe comes out perfect every single time.
Also Check: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pie
How To Make A Pecan Pie
My Favorite Pecan Pie Recipe
My homemade pecan pie is classic and simple with an unexpected dash of cinnamon. Its the perfect combination of sweet and salty after one bite youll taste why its my favorite!
Pecan pie is the classic sugary dessert without which no Thanksgiving is complete. Its as traditional as pumpkin pie and as wonderfully rich as apple pie. Growing up, my familys Thanksgiving dessert table always included my late grandmothers old fashioned pecan pie recipe. Its a true honor to share her recipe and I hope this recipe lives on forever in her memory.
Recommended Reading: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
What Can I Use If I Dont Have A Double Boiler
If you dont have a double boiler, no worries! All you need is a sauce pan and a metal mixing bowl. Make sure you use a mixing bowl that DOES NOT have a nonslip rubber bottom. That kind of bowl will not work. Fill the saucepan with a few inches of water and bring to a boil, place the bowl on top and carry on with melting the butter and chocolate together.
An Easy Homemade Pecan Pie Recipe
I dont typically bake pies all year round. I suppose I reserve my pie baking for special occasions and holidays. Im not really sure why that is, because they really arent difficult to make, especially the recipe that I am going to share with you today, this Classic EASY Pecan Pie recipe!
This Pecan Pie recipe is so quick, I should really make it a year-round dessert. Because while Pecan Pie is just about as important to your Thanksgiving meal as the turkey, I kind of feel like it should get some love on a random Wednesday in March as well. Lets make it happen!
Don’t Miss: Supreme Bean Pie Recipe
How To Store Pecan Pie
As I mentioned above, this pie is best served chilled. So it stands to reason that you would want to refrigerate the leftovers, although I have let my pecan pie sit on the counter for a day or two without having it spoil. I wouldn’t let one sit out for more than that though.
You can actually freeze a pecan pie and come out with beautiful results. Bake the pie as the instructions recommend, cool it completely, then wrap tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Slide the wrapped pie into a zippered freezer bag or an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve the pie, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and allow it to warm up to room temperature before slicing. No one will ever know it wasn’t freshly baked.
Ingredients For A Pecan Pie
To make this pecan pie, you need the following ingredients:
- Pie Crust Try my favorite all butter pie crust recipe, youll only need a bottom crust, and my recipe is for a single crust so you dont need to change anything. Store bought pie crust works wonderfully too.
- Eggs Allow your eggs to sit out at room temperature for a bit so that they arent cold when you mix the pecan pie filling.
- Granulated Sugar Pecan pie is sweet, and granulated sugar gets that party started.
- Brown Sugar More sugar, this time the darker variety, gives a caramel flavor and deep color to the filling.
- Light Corn Syrup Corn syrup adds even more sweetness, and is what makes pecan pie filling so ooey, gooey and delicious. I use Karo light corn syrup.
- Salt A bit of salt helps to balance out the sweetness.
- Pure Vanilla Extract I suggest using the best pure vanilla extract you can reasonably afford. It really makes a difference.
- Unsalted Butter Melted butter is added into the filling. This is a must for both flavor and texture.
- Pecans Chopped pecans are mixed into the pie filling, while whole pecans adorn the top of the pie and look beautiful.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
Also Check: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
How To Make It
Get even more healthy recipes straight to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter!
Eat This, Not That!
Can I Freeze Pecan Pie
How to Freeze Pecan Pie
Pecan pie can be frozen. Simply allow it to cool completely, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
This will protect your pecan pie from freezer burn and odors.
Place the wrapped pecan pie in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Step 1: Allow to Pecan Pie Cool Completely
After baking, allow your pecan pie to cool at room temperature for up to 30 minutes.
Then chill the pecan pie thoroughly in the refrigerator. Its important that the pecan pie is chilled before being frozen
Do not take your pecan pie out of the oven and place it directly in the freezer. It wont set properly.
Step 2: Slice and Wrap with Plastic Wrap
The less cold air that comes into contact with your pie, the longer itll last in the freezer.
Once your pecan pie is fully chilled, its time to prepare it for freezing.
If youre freezing individual slices, slice the pecan pie and wrap each piece tightly with two layers of plastic wrap.
Step 3: Wrap with Foil
Wrap it well in plastic wrap, then foil. Repeat until all of the slices are tightly wrapped.
Then label and date it to keep track of how long your pecan pie is frozen
As you put the pecan pie in the freezer, carefully place it to ensure it doesnt get crushed by the weight of other foods.
Step 4: Place in a Freezer Safe Container
Place the wrapped pecan pie in a freezer safe, air-tight container.
Or place in a zip-top plastic bag. You can freeze pecan pie for up to 3 months.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Bean Pies
Should You Toast The Pecans
There is no need to toast the pecans for pecan pie. I actually recommend that you do not toast the pecans! That is what makes this recipe such an easy pie recipe! As the pie bakes, the pecans rise through the filling and form an amazing, crispy, glistening, nutty topping for the pie. Ive found that if you use toasted pecans, the pecans have an overcooked flavor that is not pleasing.
How Can I Avoid Soggy Pecan Pie Crust
Here are some things that can do to keep your crust crispy.
- Blind Bake. Pre-bake the crust so that it sets and crisps up before you add any wet filling.
- Or Hot Baking Sheet. Place a baking sheet in the oven while it preheats. Then place your pie directly on the heated baking sheet. The extra heat will get the crust to cook and set quickly.
Read Also: Mermaids Bakery Cupcakes Cakes & Pies
Whats In The Best Pecan Pie
Ive tinkered with all sorts of different pecan pie variations over the years. Ive tried chopped nuts, whole nuts, maple syrup instead of corn syrup, light brown sugar, dark brown sugar, less sugar, blind baked, not blind baked, booze, or no booze. The list goes on. What Ive found is that pecan pie can be cloyingly sweet. Also, its typically made with corn syrup which Im not really a fan of.
Heres what youll need to make this pecan pie:
- 1 9-inch all butter pie doughyou can halve the recipe to make one pie crust
- Dark brown sugarit provides a deeper, toastier, more caramelized molasses flavor than light brown
- Lyles Golden Syrupthis British cane syrup looks like honey and is the same viscosity as both honey and corn syrup but a wee bit less bad for you. Find it in well-stocked grocery stores, at World Market , or you can order it online. Alternatively, use a different high quality golden syrup, honey, or 3/4 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup maple syrup .
- Bourbonyou can certainly leave it out if thats not your thing. No need to use an expensive bourbon here, but dont use the cheapest either.
- Vanilla extractif you leave out the bourbon, use 3 teaspoons vanilla instead of two.
- Kosher salt
- Pecan halvesuse raw, unsalted pecans and toast them beforehand so that pecan flavor really sings.
- Maldon Sea Salta sprinkle of this flaky salt is a nice contrast with the sweetness of the pie.
Everyone Has Their Dessert Of Choice And Some Of Those Prefer A Real American Classic:
Best chocolate pecan pie near me. How to find backwoods pecan pie near me. Popularity of the syrup based pie soared when karo began promoting it. Enjoy the best pecan pie delivery skokie offers with uber eats.
Don’t skip the chocolate pecan pie. 23) marks national pie day. Today, pie junkie has become oklahoma citys premier pie bakery making over 20,000 pies per year in their tiny shop.together, our 1200+ premium cakes from local bakers near me and you including special recipe cakes cater for your next corporate.we deliver fresh birthday cakes to your door in 4 hours!
Their pecan pie is to die for. Just go eat it if youre in the area. Though the state tree of texas has been the pecan since 1919, it was.
German chocolate a milk chocolate pie base with pecan and coconut topping $22: Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set. 111 n wabash ave (between washington st.
Place on lined cookie sheet. 2442 hyperion ave , los angeles, ca. Talk with your baker about the type of event you are hosting, and they will be able to help you choose the right type of pie and how many to serve at the event.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on medium 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted Pies include the popular cider roasted apple pie , the chocolate cake pudding pie, and the brown butter pecan pie to name a few. Pies in tacoma, washington come in a variety of flavors depending on what you would like for your event.
Also Check: The Profit Key Lime Pie