Reheating Chicken Pot Pie In The Oven
If you want to reheat a chicken pot pie, always opt for an oven. It is simply the best way to achieve results as close as possible to the original taste in the beginning.
We know that the oven is not the most practical when you are in a hurry, and even if you have fewer pieces of pie, it is not the most cost-effective, but it will certainly give the finest results.
Increase The Temperature To 375 F
To get that beautiful crispy finish, you need to increase the temperature a bit. Now, set the oven to 375 degrees F and let the pie bake for an additional 10 minutes.
During these 10 minutes, keep an eye on the pie so that the crust does not accidentally start to burn.
If you notice that the fine brown gold color has appeared earlier, take the pie out of the oven even before the 10 minutes have elapsed. Now your pie is fully heated and ready to be served.
Can You Freeze Costco Chicken Pot Pie
Yes, you can freeze Costco chicken pot pies and last for about 3 months.
Costco chicken pot pie is sold already in a tightly sealed container, but you can take extra precautions by wrapping the pie in plastic wrap. Place the chicken pot pies in the freezer and will last for 3 months.
If you remove the pot pie from the carton, then you can wrap it with a plastic wrapper or aluminum foil and place it in the freezer.
Read Also: My Little Pony Pinkie Pie Toys
Are Costco Chicken Pot Pie Healthy
Costco chicken pot pies are loaded with calories and fat which make it an unhealthy choice, but the taste is wonderful. banquet chicken pot pie or Marie Callenders chicken pot pie has almost the same amount of calories, fat, and sodium, so if you are looking for healthy pot pie these are a good option.
You can try to make homemade chicken pot pie, and choose your own healthy ingredients to use.
How To Cook Costco Chicken Pot Pie In The Microwave
Cooking Frozen Costco Chicken pies will take about 10 min in the microwaves. For thawed pies, it will take 4-6 min.
Do not cook in microwave ovens below 1100 watts as pot pie may not cook thoroughly.
Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie:
A chicken pot pie is a meal in itself loaded with vegetables and protein. The high quality ingredients and generous filling really differentiates this from the ones youll find in the freezer section. Once you try homemade, theres no going back. This also requires simple ingredients:
- Double Pie Crust Youll need two pie disks for the top and bottom.
- Chicken Use shredded cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken or cook your own chicken breasts.
- Butter & Flour These make the roux or base for the gravy sauce
- Onion, Carrots, Mushrooms, & Peas this is loaded with vegetables
- Garlic and Parsley These aromatics and simple salt and pepper balance this savory pie.
- Chicken Stock& Cream form the creamy gravy sauce
Place The Pie In A Baking Tray And Cover The Edges With Foil
Put the pie in a baking dish. Since you are heating gradually at a medium temperature, you do not need to cut the pie into smaller pieces before heating.
The interior will undoubtedly heat up nicely. To protect those crispy edges of the pie, cover them with aluminum foil. But cover only the edges, not the whole pie.
Don’t Miss: Key Lime Pie Company
How To Save More
Here are some of the strategies you can use to make this recipe more economical:
- Stock up on ingredients when they are on sale. For instance, when I see a great price on veggies or chicken stock, Ill buy lots of them and plan my meals around them. You can also buy certain items in bulk, to save even more money!
- Use a whole chicken! Cooking a whole chicken can be more economical than buying chicken pieces. Plus, you can use the carcass to make homemade stock.
- Use up leftovers. It doesnt matter what kind of veggies you throw in. They add great flavor and nothing goes to waste. Feel free to adapt this basic pie recipes to use whatever meats or veggies you have on hand.
- Use your freezer! You can freeze most of these ingredients, like the chicken, fresh herbs , gravy, and the pie crust to have on hand so you can whip this up whenever you need to.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Chicken Pot Pie From Costco
4.9/5TheChicken Pot Pie istakebakeCostcocoulddoesbakechickenpot piethe Costcopie
In this regard, how long do you bake a Costco chicken pot pie?
The whole pie baking directions are 375 degrees for 1.5 hours, until pie reaches 165 degrees. At . 5 hour, check to ensure the top lattice crust doesn’t get too brown and pitifully burn .
Likewise, is Costco chicken pot pie good? It’s warm, creamy and hearty. Obviously making pie from scratch is superior than store bought but it takes a lot of effort and time so I think the Costco Kirkland Signature Chicken Pot Pie is the next best thing. I like this pie a lot. It is full of large, white chunks of chicken breast.
Beside this, are Costco chicken pot pies already cooked?
It’s cooked. Though the chicken tastes like Costco used unsold leftover already cooked white chicken meat. When you heat the chicken pie the chicken ends up tasting overcooked.
How do you know when chicken pot pie is done?
At 400-425F it will take between 35 minutes to an hour or more depending on your oven and the size of the pies. They’re done when the crust is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle reads 160.
Don’t Miss: Damgoode Pies Cantrell
Are Pot Pies Good In The Microwave
After 3 standing for 3 minutes the interior of the pot pie reaches 148 F. The recommended safe end-point temperature for poultry is 165 F. This is the pot pie after 6 minutes in the microwave on high, standing for 3 minutes, followed by an additional 2 minutes in the microwave on high 194 F.
Costco Kirkland Signature Chicken Pot Pie Review And Nutrition Information
Everything you need to know about the Costco Chicken Pot Pie including nutrition information!
The Costco Kirkland Signature Chicken Pot Pie has been around for a long time. The current version has been around for a while now, but it used to be slightly different. You can see my review of the Costco Kirkland Signature Chicken Pot Pie from 2018 here.
Recommended Reading: The Profit Key Lime Pie Full Episode
The Best Classic Chicken Pot Pie
The Best Classic Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Homemade chicken pot pie with flaky pie crust and creamy chicken pot pie filling. Classic comfort food!
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. Its got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables, and a mix of dried and fresh herbs.
I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all frozen vegetables, and all dried herbs. That was easy, but it really needed some bright fresh flavors.
So, instead of making the easiest recipe, I decided to make the BEST chicken pot pie recipe.
Using fresh vegetables and some fresh herbs in the filling gives this pot pie so much flavor that its ok to take a short-cut with the crust and use a pre-made refrigerated pie crust.
Of course, if you have the time to make your own homemade pie crust, that would be amazing too.
Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie
If youre craving comfort food, homemade chicken pot pie is your answer! This completely from scratch recipe is simple to prepare, features a double crust, and nourishes the soul. For step-by-step photos, scroll to the bottom of this page.
When Im craving a meal thats truly comforting, this double crust chicken pot pie recipe hits the spot. It satisfies the soul and, is surprisingly simple to throw together. Well use my favorite homemade pie crust recipe for a sturdy crust on the bottom and a golden brown, flaky cloak on top. In between the pie crust layers is a mixture of chicken and veggies topped with a creamy, rich white gravy that is flavored with a little cooked onion, salt, pepper, and thyme. Lets get started!
You May Like: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Pie Crust
Why I Love This Recipe
Costco Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
Costco chicken pot pie such as is made of cooked chicken breast, Flour, Corn Starch, carrot, peans, Potatoes, and other oil and acids.
These the whole list of Costco chicken pot pies ingredients:
WATER, ENRICHED FLOUR , COOKED CHICKEN BREAST , INTERESTERIFIED SOYBEAN OIL, CARROTS, PEAS, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: CREAM, RENDERED CHICKEN FAT, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CHICKEN BROTH, SALT, FLAVORS, DISODIUM INOSINATE & DISODIUM GUANYLATE, POLYSORBATE 60, XANTHAN GUM, SOYBEAN OIL, NONFAT DRY MILK, MALTODEXTRIN, MODIFIED WHEY, MODIFIED VEGETABLE GUM, SUGAR, CARAMEL COLOR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SEA SALT, GUAR GUM, TURMERIC, AND BETA CAROTENE , WHEAT FLOUR.
You May Like: What Is Bean Pie Made Of
How To Make Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Crust
To make a chicken pot pie crust from scratch, youll whisk together flour, and salt, cut in cold butter and shortening using either a pastry blender or your food processor, and then drizzle in ice-cold water. Mix until a dough has formed, divide into two discs , and transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
Is The Costco Chicken Pot Pie Good
Costcos Chicken Pot Pie is good, but there are a few things Id tweak if it were up to me! Even though theres a good amount of chicken in the pie, I could always do with more! I also wish there were more vegetables in the filling. The filling is heavy on potatoes, but light on the actual vegetables. I only ever seem to find a few pieces of vegetables in my slice of the pot pie. Finally, as I mentioned earlier, the bottom crust can be hit or miss. I dont know if this is because theres some variation in the individual pot pies and some are made with a thicker bottom, but its much better when it turns out crisp rather than soft/soggy!
One final note this is the Canadian version of the Costco Chicken Pot Pie. The U.S. version is a bit different its bigger and has a lattice top. Im guessing the filling is similar, but I havent tried the U.S. version, so I dont know for sure.
Don’t Miss: Key Lime Pie On A Stick Florida Keys
Tips For Making Chicken Pot Pie:
- This recipe makes enough for about 6 servings
- You can use any oven safe bowl for this. In the past, I’ve used larger bowls. Just make sure, if you use larger bowls or ramekins, you have enough puff pastry to cover them all.
- If you have leftover filling, it can be frozen. I have a small family so I freeze the leftover filling and extra puff pastry and I have another meal ready to go for us later in the month.
- Rotisserie chicken can be used instead of the roasted chicken breasts.
The Best Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
NOTE: You can bake both pies, or cover and freeze one potpie for up to 3 months. To use frozen potpie, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover pie loosely with foil. Place on a baking sheet. Pre heat oven to 375-degree F and bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Oven times will vary.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on a FUN new meal or idea and to have my posts sent right to your inbox! Its EASY PEASY! Just and enter your email!XOCorey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on , , and for all of the latest updates.
Also Check: Damgoode Pies Kavanaugh
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Make a foil collar to protect the edges of the pastry from overbrowning. Place strips of foil to cover crust during the last 15 or 20 minutes of baking.
- tip 2 A standard 9-inch glass pie plate works best for this recipe.
- tip 3 The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry. By using a refrigerated dough youre left with making a quick, savory gravy that can be filled with leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or ham and a good handful of veggies. A dash of poultry seasoning or some finely chopped fresh sage will enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- tip 4 To Make Chicken Filling Ahead: prepare as directed in recipe. Spoon into airtight container cover. Refrigerate up to 1 day. To bake, pour filling into 2-quart saucepan, heat over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Assemble, fill and bake pie as directed in recipe.
- tip 5 To Freeze Chicken Filling: prepare as directed in recipe. Cool, uncovered in refrigerator 30 minutes. Spoon mixture into 1-gallon freezer food storage plastic bag, leaving 1/2 to 1-inch at top of bag for expansion seal. Freeze up to 1 month. To bake, thaw mixture overnight in refrigerator. Pour into 2-quart saucepan, heat over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Assemble, fill and bake pie as directed in recipe.