Ingredients For Chocolate Cake
- This is a chocolate cake made with unsweetened or pure cocoa powder. Use the best quality you can afford, it will make a difference.
- For the frosting you will need white chocolate. I always buy bars of white chocolate, which I chop myself, white chocolate chips are not easily available around here.
- However, you can use good quality white chocolate chips instead.
- Use unsalted butter.
- You will need butter for the chocolate cake, for the glaze and for the topping.
- The butter for the cake and for the glaze can be used directly from the fridge, but please remember to take the butter needed for the topping out of the refrigerator in time, it needs to be soft before you mix it into the cream cheese.
- Regular, full-fat cream cheese, Philadelphia style.
- It should be at room temperature when you start stirring it.
Our Best Chocolate Cheesecake
For your friends and family nothing but the best will do. So try our chocolate cheesecake recipe today. Watch now to learn more!
18 vanilla creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
3 pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 pkg. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, broken into pieces, melted and cooled
1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
What Is The Difference Between A Bundt Cake And A Regular Cake
This may seem like a question that is a no-brainer. The difference between a bundt cake and a regular cake is that a bundt cake is baked in a bundt pan ! Well, that is true, and part of the answer, but not the entire answer.
Another difference is the bundt pans have a cylindrical hole in the middle, which means more of the cake will touch the sides of the pan. This results in a crustier edge. This isnt a bad thing it is perfect for supporting any frosting or decorating you may add to the cake.
The hole in the center of a bundt pan can also cause a drier cake since it is more exposed to the heat in the oven. To prevent this, be sure to use full-fat ingredients in the batter. This will keep the cake moist, which is what you want in a pound cake or any other dense, moist cake that is made in a bundt pan!
Read Also: Who Sells Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
To make the chocolate cream cheese frosting in the bowl of your stand mixer or a large bowl if you are using a hand mixer add in the room temperature butter. Beat on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes or until the butter is light and fluffy and almost doubled in volume.
Follow with the cream cheese and mix again for a further minute until incorporated.
Add the icing sugar or powdered sugar to the bowl, these are both the same ingredient just different names in different parts of the world, along with the cocoa powder.
With the machine running slowly pour in 1- 2 tablespoons of milk.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined and add the vanilla essence. Beat the chocolate cream cheese frosting for another minute or two until it is light and fluffy.
Storing The Cream Cheese Frosting
As this frosting is so quick and easy to make , I usually make it just before I need to use it. However, you can prepare it in advance to use later. Because it contains dairy , its best to store it in the fridge or in the freezer .
- Store it in the fridge in a closed air-tight container for up to 5 days. Bring it up to room temperature before using, either by leaving it out on the counter at room temperature for a few hours, or by re-heating it in the microwave in bursts of 5-10 seconds, stirring in between, until it reaches its original consistency. Make sure to give it a good whisk or stir before using.
- Store it in the freezer in a closed air-tight container for up to 3 months. When you want to use it, first thaw it in the fridge. Then, bring it up to room temperature before using, either by leaving it out on the counter at room temperature for a few hours, or by re-heating it in the microwave in bursts of 5-10 seconds, stirring in between, until it reaches its original consistency. Make sure to give it a good whisk or stir before using.
And there you go: everything you need to know in order to make THE BEST and the easiest 3-ingredient chocolate cream cheese frosting. This one is truly a revelation and I promise you that once youve tasted it, it will become one of your go-to frostings.
Hope youll love it!
Read Also: Shari’s Cafe And Pies Delivery
To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting
8: Beat your butter briefly to ensure smooth.
9: Add your cream cheese and beat in, then beat in your vanilla extract.
10: Sift your icing sugar and gradually add spoonfuls to your butter and cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
11: Spread over one of your cooled sandwich layers, place the other layer on top and cover with the remaining cream cheese frosting.
How To Make Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake
Prepare the chocolate cake batter by beating the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until fluffy. Next, add egg and heavy cream to the butter mixture, and combine well. Fold in sifted cake flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt, and mix well with a spatula. Scrape down the mixture from the sides of the bowl and combine well until a smooth batter forms. Set aside.
To make a smooth cream cheese filling, we need to soften the cream cheese at room temperature first. Next, combine the softened cream cheese with sugar, egg and corn flour in a bowl, and beat it with a stand mixer or electric hand mixer until smooth.
Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan, and shake it lightly to distribute evenly. Then, spoon the cream cheese filling in the center.
Gently add the rest of the cake batter onto the cream cheese filling. Smooth out the surface with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, and bake the cake for 40 minutes or until firm to touch around the edges.
Cool the cake in the pan for 20 minutes. Then, remove the cake from the pan, and let it cool down completely on a rack before serving.
Recommended Reading: 9 Inch Aluminum Pie Pans
What Is A Philadelphia Cream Cheese New York Cheesecake
Philadelphia cream cheese New York Cheesecake recipe uses a combination of ingredients and techniques for both New York cheesecakes and Philadelphia cheesecakes. To make it even more simple, it is a New York-style cheesecake that uses Philadelphia cream cheese as its main ingredient.
So then the real question is, what is a classic New York cheesecake? These cheesecakes are made using a combination of heavy cream or sour cream. This creates an uber creamy and smooth cheesecake.
So, by using arguably the best quality cream cheese to date, this Philadelphia cream cheese New York-style cheesecake recipe can only be an exceptional dessert!
Can You Freeze Pound Cake
Yes, as long as they are well wrapped, pound cakes freeze beautifully in the freezer for up to three months!
This is not only perfect for baking well in advance, but it also means that you can have pound cake on standby in the freezer for whenever your pound cake cravings strike or when family or friends drop in!
Wrapping the pound Cake If baking in advance, we like to wrap our pound cakes tightly in plastic wrap, then foil, and into the freezer they go. We even wrap them while they are still slightly warm but this is optional. If you are freezing slices of leftover pound cake, you can wrap them individually in the same way.
Thawing the Pound Cake When ready to thaw, simply remove the pound cake from the freezer and thaw on the countertop still wrapped. The pound cake will taste just as fresh and wonderful as the day that it was baked.
You May Like: Campbell’s Oven Sauces Chicken Pot Pie
Chocolate Cake Recipe Tips
- Flat Layers This cake bakes pretty evenly so you wont have too much of an issue with a large dome. If you want a really perfect looking cake you can use a serrated knife to flatten out the cake.
- Liquid Batter To keep this cake really soft and fudgy it has a very thin batter. Dont be alarmed by this, you dont need any more flour. Because of this it does take a while to bake in the oven so make sure to use a cake tester.
Side Note: American Vs European Cream Cheese
I tested this recipe with European cream cheese thats available here in the UK. Specifically, I used the Philadelphia cream cheese that comes in tubs and has a fat content of around 21% .
In comparison, American cream cheese is typically sold in blocks and has a higher fat content of around 33-35%.
From my research , it seems that the American cream cheese is firmer, whereas the UK cream cheese has a softer, spread-like texture and has a higher moisture content.
Theres obviously quite a bit of difference between the cream cheese available here in the UK and over in the US. However, this frosting is very forgiving and its been made by many readers and followers from the US as well, with great success.
So, even though the cream cheese texture and fat/moisture content can vary, both American and European/UK cream cheese will work great in this recipe. Plus, you can tweak the texture and consistency of the frosting if needed check out the Top Tips section and the recipe below for more details about that!
Also Check: Best Key Lime Pie In Maryland
My Cake School Cake Recipes And Cake Decorating Tutorials
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you give our Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe a try, we would love for you to leave a comment and photo below!
Dont miss our full collection of go-to cake and frosting recipes in our Recipes Section!
If you are interested in learning even more about cake decorating, you should consider becoming a member of My Cake School!
A membership of our site will provide online access to the hundreds of cake decorating videos that weve made over the past 10+ years. You can find all of the details here: Joining Information for My Cake School . We would love to have you as a member!
Finally, if you are on Facebook, make sure to check out our Facebook Group! Wed love for you to pop in with your cake questions, cake advice, or to share your cake creations!
Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake
This Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake is a really delicious recipe to have in your house! I love cutting off a slice when Im craving something sweet. The cream cheese adds a perfect richness, too! Everyone who tries it will agree that its the best cake ever.
You May Like: Key West Key Lime Pie Company
Tips For Making Chocolate Cake Withwhite Frosting
- The best tip I can always give you is to use a kitchen scale when baking, cup measuring is too imprecise.
- Make sure that the butter used for the topping is soft and the cream cheese has room temperature.
- Use very good quality unsweetened cocoa powder and a white chocolate brand you really enjoy eating.
- It is preferable to make the chocolate cake and glaze it one day in advance or earlier in the morning, it needs quite a while to cool completely.
- To make things less stressy, you can also make the white chocolate cream cheese frosting in advance. Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge, let it come to room temperature before using and mix it shortly to make it fluffy again before spreading it on the cake.
- This white chocolate cream cheese topping is the best, but you could also top the chocolate cake with sweetened whipped cream or top it with thickened fruit or berry compote.
- For a pure dark chocolate cake, cover the cake with ganache.
- Or the simplest topping would be some icing sugar on top. Still a super delicious chocolate cake!
Recipe Testing: What Works And What Doesnt
We tested, retested, and made massive improvements to this chocolate cheesecake Bundt cake. We know youll love the recipe below!
Recommended Reading: Key Lime Pie New York Times
What Size Bundt Pan Should I Use
Size does matter when it comes to making bundt cakes. I used a 10-inch bundt pan that holds 12 cups of liquid. Generally, the size of bundt pans is determined by how many cups of liquid it holds. When adding the batter, just be sure to not add too much of it or it will overflow in the oven. A good tip would be to fill the pan about 2/3 of the way full. And, if possible, use a light, nonstick metal pan for best results.
How To Make Chocolate Cake With Creamcheese Frosting
- Although this is such an impressive looking cake, making it is very easy.
- There are three different stages in making this cake, but they are all very easy.
- You can make the cake one day in advance, glaze it while still warm and leave to cool completely in the springform until the next day.
- The white chocolate cream cheese frosting can be made one day in advance as well. Keep it in an airtight container and refrigerated until you need it.
- Remove it from the fridge about half an hour before you are ready to use it, mix it shortly with a hand held mixer before spreading it on the cake. This will help it become fluffy again.
How to prepare the springform?
- You will need a springform of about 23-24 cm/ 9-10 inches.
- Butter it well all over.
- Sprinkle about 1 heaped tablespoon flour in the springform.
- Turn and shake the springform to coat it all over with the flour.
- Turn the springform over the sink and pat it gently on the bottom to help remove the excess flour.
How to make the chocolate cake?
How to make the glaze?
- Use the same saucepan you used for melting the butter for the cake.
- Place the butter, cocoa, milk and icing sugar into the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil while stirring all the time.
- Slowly and carefully, pour the glaze all over the chocolate cake in the tin.
- Let the cake cool completely in the springform.
How to make the white chocolate creamcheese frosting?
- Chop the white chocolate finely. Or use white chocolate chips instead.
- Melt the chocolate a bain-marie.
Recommended Reading: Nothing Bundt Cakes The Villages Florida
More Ways To Decorate A Pound Cake
The great thing about pound cakes or bundt cakes is that they are so easy to make and decorating is optional! It is going to taste great no matter what, and there is no need to seal in the moisture with a frosting as is necessary with layer cakes.
However, it is still fun to dress up pound cakes when time allows. You can do this with the easy chocolate glaze mentioned above or our easy vanilla glaze, you can apply a light dusting of powdered sugar through a sifter, you can apply fresh flowers, buttercream flowers or simple piping, or simply top your cake slices with ice cream, whipped cream, or fresh strawberries.
Chocolate Cake With White Frosting
No kidding! This is one of the bestchocolate cakes ever! EVER!
A dense, rich, almost brownie-likecake, moist and so delicious. And made even better by the addition ofthat amazing white chocolate cream cheese frosting. This is one ofthose cakes that you just have to eat at least once in your life.
But probably, after youve baked this chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting once, you will continue baking it over and over again. It is soooooooooooo goooooooooooood! And so easy to make despite the flamboyant appearance.
And this is coming from a person who is generally not into chocolate. I almost never eat any chocolate, but I do happen to love a few chocolate cakes, like the chocolate gateau or the double chocolate cheesecake.
And this chocolate cake with white frosting is just unbelievable!
You May Like: Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie