How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Once you have all of your ingredients chopped and prepped, cooking this soup is easier than you think.
Kitchen Tip: A dutch oven is one of our favorite kitchen tools for making soup. This 5 1/2 Qt Dutch Oven is one of our most used tools. It conducts heat well and can go from the stove to the oven. A good pot can last a lifetime.
Ingredient Tips For How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
What makes this recipe so easy? When in a time crunch, using store-bought ingredients not only saves a lot of time, but it also tastes delicious.
Such an easy recipe! And I know you will add it to your weekly meal plan rotation!
Be sure to scroll down for your printable shopping list so you will have all the ingredients for this classic chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup!
Recommended Reading: Kermits Key Lime Pie Recipe
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
These hearty, homemade mini chicken pot pies are the ultimate comfort food in a cute presentation. Loaded with a rich sauce, tender chicken, crisp veggies, and a flaky crust, youll love this small version of the old-fashioned classic chicken pot pie, ready in just 30 minutes!
If you get the bug to explore the world of chicken pot pie, there are loads more easy recipes to experiment with. One you could try is a Chicken Pot Pie Casserole that has creamy sauce and buttery biscuit topping. Or for a modern take, try Chicken Pot Pie Noodles that replaces the pie element with filling noodles.
Don’t Miss: Turkey Pot Pie With Mushroom Soup
Made With Quality Fill
Its time to go big with Campbells Chunky. Made with big hunks of quality ingredients for bold flavor, Chunky soups are tastily crafted to fuel even the heartiest appetite. We dont take shortcuts when it comes to satisfying your hunger â big pieces of meat or veggies will leave even the fiercest fans full.
Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie Soup
The key to making great chicken pot pie soup, is to adequately season. Be sure to taste and season at the end.
- Aromatics Onions, carrots, celery, and garlic are cooked in butter as a base for flavoring the soup.
- Mushrooms sauteeing until golden adds a boost of flavor
- Flour just 1/3 cup thickens the soup to make it creamy
- Chicken Stock homemade bone broth will taste best, but storebought works.
- Potatoes we used Yukon gold
- Chicken light or dark meat works great
- Peas and Corn we use frozen peas and corn since we stock them in our freezer, but canned corn will also work.
- Cream heavy or regular whipping cream or even a light cream would work if you want a leaner soup.
- Parsley we love it in the soup for flavor and garnish with it to add color and freshness.
Read Also: Impossible Chicken Pot Pie
Whats Best To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I love to make this an all out comfort food dinner, so I like to serve with:
Read Also: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pies
How To Make This Mini Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Lay the Pillsbury crescent rolls flat and cut out 12 rounds with a 3-inch cookie cutter.
STEP THREE: Press them into the cupcake pan along the bottom and up the sides.
STEP FOUR: In a bowl mix the chicken, vegetables, chicken broth, and soup.
STEP FIVE: Spoon the chicken mixture into the cups but dont overfill them as it will bubble up during cooking.
STEP SIX: Grab a pizza cutter and cut strips of the dough to go over the top. Two one way then two the other works really well.
STEP SEVEN: Bake in the oven for 18 minutes until golden brown. Use a knife to gently ease the side of the pie away from the pan to ensure it is cooked. It will come away easily once cooked.
STEP EIGHT: Leave the pies to cool a little then use a knife to gently lift them out of the cups once cooled.
Chicken Pot Pie is a classic homemade chicken pot pie recipe with vegetables and a creamy filling without cream of anything soup. A store bought crust makes this come together fast for a weeknight meal. Ive had many versions of this recipe but this one is the best and is a tried and true favorite.
You May Like: Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pies
Campbells No Guilt Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In 9 pie plate, mix soup, vegetables and chicken. 2. Mix milk, egg, and baking mix. Pour over chicken mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden. Recipe by: Campbell Soup Company Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #999 by < > on Jan 10, 1998. Similar recipes. Campbell soup french onion soup
Campbells No Guilt Chicken Pot Pie. 1 can Campbells cream of chicken soup 1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables, thawed 1 cup cubed, cooked chicken 1/2 cup milk 1 egg 1 cup Bisquick reduced fat baking mix
CAMPBELLS NO-GUILT CHICKEN POT PIE 1 can Campbells Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup I pkg. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed 1 cup cubed cooked chicken 1/2 cup milk 1 egg 1 cup Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In 9 pie plate mix soup, vegetables and chicken. Mix milk, egg and baking mix. Pour over chicken mixture.
Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in Campbells Guilt Free Chicken Pot Pie based on the calories and nutrition in each ingredient, including Heart Smart Bisquick , Chicken Breast , no skin, roasted, Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup , Green Giant Frozen Mixed Vegetables, Egg, fresh, whole, raw and the other ingredients in this recipe.
1 can Campbells® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbells® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup 1 cup reduced fat milk 1 package frozen mixed vegetables , thawed
Can You Freeze Chicken Pot Pie
Sure you can! Thats another thing I love about this recipe. You can make as many pies as your freezer can hold and simply bake or reheat them whenever you please. It is perfect for those days when you are just too exhausted to cook
Frozen chicken pot pies will last for 2-3 months in the freezer. So you can prepare lots of dinners ahead of time.
Of course, you can also refrigerate your pie. Will last for up to five days in the refrigerator. But if youre like my family, its gobbled up long before then.
To make ahead, simply follow all the steps in the recipe EXCEPT for putting it in the oven. Youll need to freeze this uncooked. Cover the pie plate tightly and freeze.
When you are ready to serve, bake the pie covered at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Then, remove the cover and bake for another 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
You may also thaw the pie in the fridge overnight before baking it. After thawing, bake covered for 50 minutes. Then, remove the cover and bake for another 35 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Note: If youre using cheese, do not add it yet prior to freezing. Only do so right before baking.
Also Check: Natchitoches Meat Pies For Sale
Why This Recipe Works
A one-pot dish that is quick and easy and rich in flavour.
It is comforting and delicious, perfect dinner for any weeknight and the sauce is to die for.
Minimal ingredients and prep
It is light and healthy.
This chicken pot pie with no crust double as soup. My family and I love it with mashed potatoes.
More About This Recipe
- If you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry, this easy chicken pot pie recipe is the place to begin. While many time-tested, heirloom recipes have come out of the Betty Crocker kitchens over the years, possibly none has proven as popular as The Impossibly Easy Pie formulation, which has been a relied-upon recipe since the 1970s. Hundreds of home cooks have relied on this quick take on chicken pot pie with biscuits. You dont need to make a crust for this simple dinner. Instead, you just mix up all the ingredients together??yes, the ingredients for the filling and the crust. While it cooks, the pie forms its own crust. It may seem like kitchen magic, but its the dishs down-to-earth goodness that keeps home cooks coming back to this recipe year after year. For even more ideas, check out Bettys best chicken pot pie recipes.
You May Like: Campbells Soup Recipes For Chicken Pot Pie
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie
I know I said that chicken pot pie is by itself a complete meal, but why not transform this simple dinner into a lip-smackingly good feast. There are many flavors that go well with this dish, you will never run out of things to pair it with. Here are some of my favorite options:
- Cranberry sauce gives this meal a Thanksgiving feel anytime of year. But Im not talking about that dreadful stuff from the can. You can whip up fresh, homemade cranberry sauce in no time.
Combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Add in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop. Generally takes about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour the cranberry sauce in a bowl. Will thicken as it cools. Add a few pinches of cinnamon for an extra tasty combo.
- A light salad is a nice way to counter-balance the richness of the pie. Your choice of leafy greens topped with citrus oranges and berries, rich cheese, crunchy nuts, and drizzled with tangy balsamic vinaigrette makes a spectacular side to your chicken pot pie.
- Roasted broccoli is another side that will lighten up your heavy main dish. Give these veggies some extra flavor by coating it with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Sweet potatoes give a nice contrast to your savory dinner. Flavor it with cinnamon, butter, and your choice of seasonings and bake. Simple and delicious.
Turkey Or Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Chicken Pot Pie is always a family favorite, and it is SO incredibly easy. Sometimes I even cheat a little to make it easier when I know that I will have very little time to prepare a good dinner.
On those nights, I use precooked, diced chicken, so I dont even have to cut the chicken breasts into pieces. I still do the same step of heating it in the olive oil with the onion, garlic salt, and pepper, I just heat it a few minutes less since it is already cooked.
Or, I save a few dollars by using the leftovers from my Slow Cooker Whole Chicken recipe. That is a lot cheaper than buying pre-cooked chicken and it gives the pot pie an extra boost of flavor from the spices in that recipe!
This is also a great way to use up that leftover holiday turkey! Just substitute diced turkey for the chicken.
The rest of the recipe couldnt be easier, just toss in a bag of frozen mixed veggies, a can of cream of chicken soup, some milk, pour the whole thing into a refrigerated pie crust, toss the second crust on top, and you are good to go!
Recommended Reading: Chicken Pot Pie Campbells Soup
Read Also: Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pie
Mini Chicken Pot Pies Ingredients
You will need:
- 10.5-ounce can of Campbells Cream of Chicken with Herbs
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 3 packages Pillsbury Grands crescent roll dough
- 9 ounces frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
Pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store or use leftover cooked chicken from home in these delicious mini pot pies.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CAMPBELLS SOUP: If you cant find the soup, you could also use a regular can of cream of chicken soup and add some garlic and herbs to it.
FROZEN VEGETABLES: Use whatever frozen mixed vegetables you enjoy such as peas, carrots, green beans, broccoli, or you could use fresh vegetables. Just cut them into small pieces so they fit into the pie.
PILLSBURY DOUGH: You can also use puff pastry sheets in place of the Pillsbury crescent rolls dough.
CHEESE: For a cheesy spin, mix in ½ to 1 cup of cheddar cheese with the chicken mixture.
How To Make Healthy Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
Start by melting the butter over medium heat, add chopped onions and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant.
Add frozen veggies, fresh thyme, and mixed herbs to the sauteed aromatic, stir to combine, and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. The frozen veg might solidify the sauteed aromatic, dont fret, simply stir to combine and the heat will thaw out the veggies.
Sprinkle flour on the veggies and stir to combine. Add chicken broth, stir to combine, the sauce will begin to thicken as it cooks. Add salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, shredded chicken, and stir to combine.
Lastly, add the half and half then give a good stir to combine. Reduce the heat and simmer on medium-low heat for another 8 to 10 minutes. check and adjust seasoning to taste.
If the sauce is getting too thick at this point, add water or broth to lighten it. Take it off the heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Read Also: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie On A Stick