Can I Freeze This Cheesecake
This is one of my no-bake desserts that you can prepare ahead of time and freeze! First refrigerate this cheesecake and allow the filling to set, then you can freeze it. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the cheesecake to prevent any condensation from forming and then double wrap the pan with more plastic wrap so its airtight. When ready, thaw this in the refrigerator, preferable overnight.
I recommend adding the toppings prior to serving which would include any whipped cream or additional toppings.
One thing is for certain, this Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is simply irresistible.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Can You Taste The Lemon Juice In No
No, you cannot taste the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in no-bake cheesecake.
The acidity of the lemon juice helps this easy no-bake cheesecake to keep its texture and not turn runny.
If you want to taste the lemon, add the zest of one or two lemons depending on how lemony you want it and add the zest to the batter.
Tip: Make sure to just use the outermost yellow layer of the lemon peel and not father down into the pith, or white area, which is bitter.
The Best Keto No Bake Cheesecake
Move over traditional bake in the oven cheesecakethis keto no bake cheesecake is so easy, it will be your new go-to! Ready in a fraction of the time and even more delicious than the original. Its so good, no one will know its keto!
My traditional keto cheesecake is one of the most popular recipes on my website. It is amazing, but it is time consuming. It has to bake for an hour, cool, and then refrigerate over night. This keto no bake cheesecake is just as good, if not even better, and it is ready in less thank half the time!
Read Also: Yankee Candle Key Lime Pie
How To Flavor Easy No
Speaking of flavoring no-bake cheesecake, there are many ways to take this blank canvas base recipe for no-bake cheesecake and turn it into something more!
Toppings are the obvious way to change the flavor profile of no-bake cheesecake. For example add or use the following:
- Whipped cream or whipped topping is must for me!
- Fresh fruit such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or even slices of ripe peaches or nectarines.
- Caramel or salted caramel sauce for anyone who likes a sweet-and-salty dessert combo like us.
- Chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, or anything youd drizzle over ice cream works well over cheesecake.
- Jellies, jams, or preserves either store bought or homemade if youre lucky enough to have them.
Flavor the cheesecake batterwith add-ins including the following ingredients:
- Extracts such as vanilla, almond, lemon, orange, or even strawberry are fun twists. I suggest 1 teaspoon unless you really love the flavor and know what youre getting into.
- Mini chocolate chips are great for the chocolate lovers
- Toffee bits add a bit of crunch to the otherwise smooth cheesecake batter.
- Peanut butter chips or chopped up mini peanut butter cups will make any peanut butter aficionado happy!
- Other favorite chopped up candy bars such as Snickers, Milky Way, Rolo candies, KitKat bars, or your favorites are lovely.
- Finally, if you have extra chocolate chip cookies laying around chop them up and toss them in the batter!
Ingredients And Substitutionsand Equipment
Since this is a no-bake cheesecake, its already egg-free which makes it a great option if youre allergic to eggs but love cheesecake. But its most definitely not dairy-free
Dairy: This is the big one! Traditional cheesecake is a combination of eggs, sugar and cream cheese. The cream cheese is the stumper
The crust, made of crunchy cookie crumbs and butter,is easy to make dairy free. Its super easy to select dairy-free cookie crumbs , and replace the melted butter with a vegan butter alternative like Earth Balance buttery stick or Melt VeganButter . The crust can also just be omitted entirely.
The cream cheese is much harder to replace. Ive been working diligently on a dairy free cheesecake recipe that actually tastes like cheesecake, and so far nothing has even come close. Ive tried cashew-based varieties, which just havent tasted like cheesecake.
Ive tried a more traditional baked version with dairy-free cream cheese, eggs, and sugar, and I so far I just cant endorse it. Dairy free cream cheese tends to taste strange in larger quantities .
Ive also tried replacing the heavy whipping cream in this recipe with coconut cream, and the cream cheese with dairy free cream cheese and havent liked the result at all. Its relatively easy to select dairy free chocolate to melt. If I successfully make a vegan cheesecake, youll be the first to know!
Read Also: Super Easy Chicken Pot Pie
How To Store Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
This no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe stores very well. It will keep about as long as cream cheese would in the fridge, at least a week.
However, occasionally the erythritol will crystallize sooner, which affects the smooth texture. To be on the safe side, if you want to make the cheesecake ahead for an occasion, up to 3 days ahead is best.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
- Dark chocolate. My preference is 70% so that it is rich but not too bitter and intense. My advice is to go for the best quality that you can afford. This cheesecake is all about the chocolate and you’ll taste the difference. Go for a lower or higher percentage of chocolate if you prefer but note that the taste will be affected and the colour of the filling will change.
- Cream. Itâs important to use double cream for this no-bake chocolate cheesecake as it contains 48% fat. The high fat content allows the cream to whip and stamilizes the structure of the cheesecake as it sets. If you want to use a lower fat % cream then refer to my FAQ section below for my recommendation.
- Cream cheese. Full fat Philadelphia cream cheese is the best cream cheese to use due to it’s thickness and creaminess. Both necessary factors when making this cheesecake. If you can buy it in block form then definitely go with that. If you can only purchase it in tubs then refer to my tip below
- Powdered icing sugar. This helps stabilise the cream – don’t reduce the quantity as it will affect the consistency.
- Cocoa powder. The cocoa powder helps intensify the chocolate flavour. Make sure to sift it in to ensure that there are no lumps in the filling. Natural or dutch-processed cocoa powder will work here.
- Salt. Salt is essential for balancing out any sweet dessert. In fact, salt also helps bring out the flavour of chocolate.
You May Like: Blue Bell Coconut Cream Pie Ice Cream
How To Make Cadburys Chocolate Cheesecake
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page
The super simple filling and biscuit base are enough to sell this cheesecake to me several times over.
But if you need some extra encouragement, just close your eyes and imagine, the sweet and buttery shortcake biscuit crust, that seriously smooth chocolate cheesecake filling and that extra chocolate hit with those Chocolate Fingers.
Then remember it takes less than 15 minutes to make. So what are you waiting for? Let’s go…
Tips For Perfect Chocolate Cheesecake
- Swap out the Oreos for any other cookie you prefer. Nutter Butters, Grasshoppers, and Graham Crackers are all delicious options.
- Make sure your cream cheese has been softened. This helps the cream cheese blend smoothly with the sugar and cocoa.
- Plan ahead to chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
- You can also make this cheesecake in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Make this delicious sugar free chocolate cheesecake next! Or give our no bake strawberry cheesecake a try soon.
Recommended Reading: Best Pies To Order Online
Looking For More Yummy Dessert Recipes
Why not try making
- Line the base and sides of a springform tin with baking paper.
- Break up the cookies and blitz briefly in a food processor into crumbs.
- Melt the butter by cubing, adding to a microwave proof bowl and microwave for a minute or two.
- Pour the melted butter into the biscuits crumbs and mix until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Pour into lined spring form tin and press down at the bottom to form the base. Do not press to firmly or your base may become to hard.
- Chill in fridge for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Chop the chocolate for the cheesecake filling into small pieces. Put in a microwave proof bowl, preferable glass or ceramic and melt in the microwave in thirty second to one minute bursts until melted. Stir and allow to cool but not set.
- Whip the cream untill soft peaks form.
- In a seperate bowl add the lemon juice to the room temperature cream cheese and beat until combined. Add the cooled melted chocolate to the cream cheese mix and beat in.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix until well mixed in.
- Tip the cheesecake filling onto the prepared base, taking care to press down the filling into the edges as you go to smooth down any bubbles. Chill in the fridge for at least six to eight hours, preferably overnight.
How To Store Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake
I love that this cheesecake can be made ahead of time. It makes it perfect for holidays and parties!
Store this cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze this cheesecake. After chilling for 4 hours, wrap in plastic wrap, then in foil for up to 60 days. Thaw in refrigerator overnight before serving.
You May Like: Does Mcdonalds Have Apple Pie
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake With Oreo Crust:
Tips For Making This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake:
- I like to keep my no bake cheesecake recipes as simple as possible, which means I am beating everything together, and not beating the cream separately. I have never had a single issue with this, but you have to follow the rules . Your cream needs to be cold, your cream cheese needs to be room temperature. You need to use heavy whipping cream and to continue whipping until stiff peaks form dont give up if it takes a few minutes! Be patient here.
- You need to give it time to chill. A significant amount of time. If youre serving this with dinner, you might want to prepare it in the morning so it can chill all day. You can also make it the day ahead and let it chill for up to 24 hours. You dont want to let it sit much more than 24 hours because the crust can start to get a little soggy.
- Use a chocolate you enjoy eating. If thats dark chocolate, use dark. If its milk chocolate, use that. You can even get crazy and use white chocolate! The choice is yours.
Don’t Miss: How To Create A Pie Chart In Excel
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake With Cocoa Powder
The process for how to make no bake chocolate cheesecake is super simple, and its actually the same whether youre making a regular or low carb chocolate cheesecake. Its just 2 basic layers:
Here are a few tips as you make it:
- If you forget to leave your cream cheese out at room temperature, you can heat it gently to soften it.
- Do not overheat the chocolate when melting it. Otherwise, it might seize.
- When mixing the chocolate with the cream cheese, make sure the chocolate is no longer hot but warm is okay. Work fairly quickly so that it doesnt start to solidify.
- If the filling sits too long, it will get thick. If this happens, you can microwave it for 30 seconds, and stir to soften it up. Do not overheat, or it might split.
Just to give you an idea, here are what the different steps look like
No bake chocolate cheesecake crust:
Filling when its all mixed together:
Filling after transfering to the pan and smoothing over:
Mini No Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Cooking Time: 0 Min
- Servings: 12 Portions
Mini No Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes. These single serving cheesecakes are so simple to make and they dont require any baking. They do need to time set, so either make them early in the day or the night before. Weve decorated these for Easter, but of course, you can make them for any time of the year. Decorate the tops with chocolate curls or fresh berries instead of mini chocolate eggs.
- 250g double chocolate digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted and cooled
For the cheesecake:
- 400g full fat cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar, sifted
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, melted and cooled
For the cheesecake:
- Mini chocolate Easter eggs of your choice
Recommended Reading: Beauty Pie Retinol Hand Cream
No Bake Cadburys Chocolate Cheesecake
Sep 2, 2021 by Lou Carruthers | This post may contain affiliate links.
Full of creamy Dairy Milk and surrounded by Chocolate Fingers, this no bake Cadburys Chocolate cheesecake is the perfect dessert for chocoholics! Just 15 minutes to prepare and with a super easy chocolate ganache topping, it’s absolutely irresistible you’ll be making it again and again. The only question is who gets the last chocolate finger biscuit?
It’s full of Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate it’s surrounded by the most irresistible chocolate finger biscuits ever. Oh yes!
If you’re like me and can’t stop at just one Cadbury Chocolate Finger? Then you’ll want to make sure you stock up before you make this and it’s definitely a case of ‘one for me, one for the cheesecake’!
I know you guys absolutely my no-bake cheesecakes, especially the any of the ones that include chocolate like the Malteser cheesecake, the Black Forest cheesecake or the Crunchie version. So I thought it was about time that we when for complete chocolate overload.
This piece of chocolate heaven is absolutely show-stopping, so you’ll need to get in there quick as if your family is like mine, it will disappear in minutes, if not seconds!
With its buttery shortcake biscuit base, smooth and creamy Cadburys Dairy Milk cheesecake filling and the easiest chocolate ganache you’ll ever make – it’s no surprise that its become a firm family favourite.
So if that’s tickled your chocolate tastebuds, I guess you’ll want to know more…
How To Store No
This chocolate cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to four days, but I recommend serving it within two days for the best texture and flavor. If you want to freeze this recipe, a no-bake chocolate cheesecake will keep in the freezer for up to two months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Don’t Miss: Lilac Pied French Bulldog For Sale
Do I Need To Use A Springform Pan For Perfect Cheesecake
Trust me, I am not a big fan of springform pans because they can be a pain to collapse and expand, and they can leak, all of which is so incredibly frustrating.
Thankfully though, this no-bake cheesecake recipe doesnt rely on any sort of baking or water bath so the chances of leakage or water seepage into your cheesecake is totally eliminated. Whew!
However, yes I strongly recommend a 9-inch springform pan.
I personally use this 9-inch Calphalon Springform Pan that I bought in 2015 and it has been going strong ever since!
Springform pans are:
Bottom line, if you want to bake it in a cake pan or other type of pan, you will have to experiment with reducing the recipe so that everything fits since I dont know the answer to this.