American Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 1 hour to make
- Serves 6
Spin-off of Kraft’s recipe.This easy-to-make winning update of a favorite comfort food is a hearty main dish chock-full of colorful vegetables. Your family will request it every night of the week!
- Feel free to use any of the below tags. Click one to add it.
- Add items to your shopping list
How to make it
- BROWN meat and Onion in large skillet drain.
- COMBINE Vegetables and gravy with meat& onion
- STIR in a little bit of beef bouillon at a time until desired taste.
- SPOON meat mixture into 9-inch square baking dish.
- MIX potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup Cheddar and garlic until blended.
- COVER meat with potato mixture and remaining Cheddar.
- BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.
- HEALTHY LIVING
- Save 70 calories and 9g of fat, including 5g of saturated fat, per serving by preparing with extra-lean ground beef, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- BARBECUE SHEPHERD’S PIE
- Prepare as directed, omitting the garlic and substituting 3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce mixed with 1/2 tsp. onion powder for the gravy.
How To Make This Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe
- Preheat Preheat oven to 400 Degrees and coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Then set aside.
- Saute First, you will need to saute the yellow onion in the olive oil until they become golden brown. Then add the ground beef and break it apart.
- Cook Beef Next, add parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes Stirring occasionally until meat is completely brown.
- Saute Garlic Then, add the garlic and let it cook for about 1 minute or until it is golden brown. Next, add the Worcestershire sauce and stir until fully incorporated.
- Thickener Add flour and ketchup to the ground beef mixture. Mix until the flour make a nice creamy roux.
- Add Veggies The final step of the ground beef filling is to add the beef broth, frozen peas, carrots and corn kernels. Cook until the beef broth comes to a boil. Then, reduce heat and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add To Baking Dish Last, spread out the ground beef filling in a 13 x 9 baking dish. Make sure to spread it evenly and set aside.
How To Make Ground Beef Casserole Step By Step
- Prepare Oven: First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Second, heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Ingredients to Pan: Next, add ground beef, onion, garlic, House Seasoning Blend, thyme and Rosemary
- Brown: Meanwhile, brown and chop the beef. I love this Ground Beef Chopper. Then cook until beef is cooked through and then drain excess fat from the pan.
- Thicken: Later stir in flour. Then add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Boil : Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes and then peas and carrots into the beef mixture.
- Cheese: Mix cheddar cheese to prepared mashed potatoes.
- Spread: Finally, spread potatoes on top of beef mixture
- Bake: Lastly, bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
LOVE EASY RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Recommended Reading: Entenmann’s Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
Can I Make This Homemade Shepherds Pie Ahead Of Time
Making a classic shepherds pie is not hard. But, it can be a bit time consuming. So you can make the meat filling or potatoes a head of time. Then, add them to a baking dish when your are ready to make the casserole. I find it is best to finish it within a couple of days of making the other ingredients. When you are ready to eat it. Remove it from the refrigerator and let it warm up at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Then, uncover it and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Pie History By Maya Corrigan
The word pie or pye supposedly comes from magpie, the bird that collects odds and ends of its nest, just as cooks put everything they had into a pie. A recipe from 1450 mentions beef, hens, rabbits, suet,
Inquiries Related to kraft shepherd’s pie recipe That People Also Ask
Users searching kraft shepherd’s pie recipe will probably have many other questions related to it. Currently, there are 20 results released and the latest one is updated on 03 Nov 2021. The above search results can partly answer users’ queries, however, there will be many other problems that users are interested in. We list the most common ones below.
How can I get more information about cooking tips related to Kraft Shepherd’s Pie Recipe?
If you want to get more information about cooking tips, you can check it by yourself. Enter Kraft Shepherd’s Pie Recipe + cooking tips or any keyword related to the cooking tips you desire into the search bar. Our system checks to see if you have any cooking tips of Kraft Shepherd’s Pie Recipe or not.
What should I do if I want more information about the recipes of Kraft Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
You can directly contact the Random_keyword website to get more information about recipes or cooking tips. We highly appreciate your initiative.
How can I remove the results of Kraft Shepherd’s Pie Recipe?
What if I detect incorrect data about Random_keyword on your site?
You May Like: Key West Key Lime Pie Company The Profit Update
Follw This Recipe To Learn How To Make Perfect Shepherd’s Pieprintable Version
Shepherd’s pie recipe with beef or lamb. Otherwise, the basic shepherd’s pie is classic british pub food that’s usually made with ground then i experimented and created a new gluten free shepherd pie recipe that’s so delicious that everyone in. This shepherd’s pie is made with leftover roast beef, peas, carrots, and mashed potatoes, creating a warm and delicious comfort dinner. I usually make a batch of shepherd’s/cottage pies at a time, in aluminium takeaway dishes. Ingredients 2 pounds ground beef or lamb . Many different ways have evolved in which to. Try the classic shepherd’s pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd’s pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like nigel slater. Shepherd’s pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! Reviewed by millions of home cooks. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. We’ve got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Gluten free shepherd’s pie made with ground lamb or ground beef, carrots and mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is similar to cottage pie .
Reasons Why I Love This Shepherds Pie Recipe:
People assume that since I have a food blog that I just LOVE cooking and stand in my kitchen all day every day making amazing gourmet meals. Well, thats partly true I guess. ??
But most days Im cooking recipes up for this little blog, I end up wanting to just lay on the couch and watch Netflix by dinner time. In other words, no more energy to make dinner for my family.
That being said, I love me a good cheat meal like this Easy Shepherds Pie. Its super quick to whip together and cooks up in about 25 minutes. Add a side salad and youre good to go!
Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a gourmet meal when in reality, you spent very little time whipping it up. Winner winner, casserole dinner! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Recommended Reading: The Key Lime Pie Company
How To Make Shepherds Pie
This easy recipe will make you feel like a pro when your family gets a taste. My kids loved it, and they all went for seconds, and some even thirds! Thats a sure sign its a winning recipe.
All youll need to do is brown your ground beef and add the seasonings and veggies. Youll spread your meat mixture in a baking dish and then layer the mashed potatoes mixture on top. Thats it! Dont skip the extra ingredients in the mashed potatoes. They really give it a wonderful flavor. Youll bake it for 20 minutes, and youll have an incredibly delicious meal for your family!
In my opinion, this is a stand-alone recipe, and theres nothing you need to serve with shepherds pie. Meat, veggies, potatoes, what more do you need?
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
This quick and easy recipe requires very few cooking utensils. These are some of the items youll need to prep and make this recipe:
- You need some food prep or mixing bowls and a wooden or silicon spoon to mix the warmed mashed potatoes with the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- I recently got this ground beef chopper to use when cooking ground beef. Im loving it because it makes it so easy to break the meat into smaller pieces as it cooks.
Appliances & Cookware
This recipe requires both stovetop and oven cooking. Here is what youll need:
Kraft Dinner Shepherds Pie Recipe List
Crisscross Shepherd S Pie My Food And Family. Crock Pot Shepherds Pie Las. Crock Pot Shepherds Pie Las. Our 30 Minute Easy Shepherd S Pie Four Generations One Roof. Homemade Shepherds Pie Recipe Free For Android Steprimo Com. Philly Cheese Steak Shepherd S Pie Recipe Bettycrocker Com. Shortcut Shepherd S Pie Recipe Food Network Kitchen.
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables 1 lb. ground beef 1 cup beef gravy 4 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
Read Also: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Easy Kraft Dinner Recipes
The Best Shepherd’s Pie – Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe The Best Shepherd’s Pie. Ever. is incredibly hearty, with beef and vegetables cooked in a savory gravy, topped with creamy mashed potatoes the ultimate comfort food!
Turkey Shepherds Pie with Fresh Herbs Cooking On A Budget. mashed potatoes, butter, rosemary, olive oil, butter, ground turkey and 6 more. Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe | Quick Weeknight Dinner! Moms Need To Know. salt, milk, butter, pepper, frozen peas and carrots, ground beef and 6 more.
Veggie Mince Shepherds Pie With Cauliflower Mash Topping Belleau Kitchen. tomato ketchup, butter oil, garlic bulb, butter, onion, mushrooms and 14 more. Black Bean & Mushroom Shepherds Pie – vegan, gluten-free, delicious! Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen. black pepper, rice milk, black pepper, potatoes, courgette, black beans and 15 more.
Method. Step 1. 1. Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan, skin side up. Add 1 1/2 cups water, bay leaf and sliced onion. Cover and poach gently over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Turn the chicken over halfway through cooking. Remove the chicken from the pan and strain cooking stock, reserving 1 cup.
Directions. 1. To make the sweet potato ground beef casserole: Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender. 2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 1 minute, then add garlic and ground meat and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Tips For The Best Shepherds Pie
- Use lean ground beef or lamb so that everything holds together and does not fall apart from the excess grease.
- Use russet potatoes for the lightest and fluffiest potato topping.
- Let the shepherds pie rest for 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to absorb back into the meat and help everything stay together.
- Broil the last couple of minutes to brown the potato topping.
You May Like: 6 Inch Glass Pie Plate
What Makes This Recipe So Easy
This really is an easy homemade shepherds pie. It uses mostly premade ingredients that you can get at your local grocery store, and you may already even have on hand. Youll save a lot of time by not having to make your potatoes from scratch. Instant or prepared mashed potatoes are perfect for this recipe. Of course, if you have an Instant Pot, you can follow my easy mashed potatoes recipe if you have the time.
While I do use some premade ingredients, this is still a reasonably healthy shepherds pie recipe. I do my best to buy prepared foods with as few additives as possible. My local supermarket, HEB, carries a brand of prepared mashed potatoes that is just potatoes, milk, butter, salt, and pepper. Many other brands come packed full of additives. So youll definitely want to look at the ingredients list before purchasing.
Kraft An Easy Shepherd S Pie Made With Lean Ground Beef Has A Light But Flavorful Layer Of Creamy Mashed Potatoes On Top Save To Favorites
Easy shepherd s pie kraft. An easy shepherd s pie made with lean ground beef has a light but flavorful layer of creamy mashed potatoes on top. I made it rate it print pin share. Your family will want this easy shepherd s pie recipe every night of the week.
Made with better for you lean ground beef our take on a classic shepherd s pie is a crowd pleaser. Elk shepherd s pie rating. So funny how languages change country to country i love the inclusion of cheese over the mash.
Prepare potatoes as directed on package omitting the milk. I came up with this super easy shepherd s pie recipe because i have a lot of kids and not a lot of time so easy and fast are the way to go. Add half the cheese mixture to meat mixture along with the mixed vegetables and tomato sauce.
Although in england shepherd pie is always made with ground lamb hence shepherd in the name and cottage pie is made with ground beef. Onion powder for the gravy. This is a quick and easy american twist on the traditional irish shepherd s pie.
Combine cheese coating mix and dry rub. Prepare as directed omitting the garlic and substituting 3 4 cup kraft original barbecue sauce mixed with 1 2 tsp. This easy to make winning update of a classic shepherd s pie is a hearty main dish chock full of colourful vegetables.
My kids love shepherds pie. If you like shepherd s pie and you like easy skillet dishes well you ll like this recipe. Try this creamy cheesy shepherd s pie recipe.
You May Like: Apple Pie Baked In A Paper Bag