Recipe Variations For Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches for a combination of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream in your cake. You can garnish the cake with sliced fresh strawberries just before serving and sprinkle with chocolate chips. A drizzle of strawberry syrup would also be a good swap for the caramel.
- Magic Shell: instead of the chocolate syrup, drizzle the top of the cake with Magic Shell topping.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: put a birthday spin on this fun dessert! You can purchase Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches at many grocery stores and Super Target stores. Use rainbow sprinkles as a fun topping, too.
- Toppings: I used mini M& M’s , but Stephanie also suggested coarsely crushed Oreos, Heath toffee bits, chopped candy bars , chocolate chips, crushed waffle cones, chopped peanuts , Reese’s pieces or Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkles: Garnish with different colored sprinkles to match the upcoming holidays. For instance, one reader suggested using red, white and blue sprinkles for Memorial Day or July 4th, or you can pick rainbow sprinkles for a birthday party!
Tips For Making Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches
This birthday cake ice cream sandwich is straightforward, but you can definitely take a few shortcuts and make a few tweaks so these frozen treats are uniquely yours. Here are a few tips to make the process simple and delicious:
- Prep the cookies in advance: You can prep these cookies ahead of time. Stash the cookies in an airtight container for a few days or even freeze them for a month or two. When youre ready to assemble, no need to defrost!
- Go for store-bought cookies: If you dont have time for scratch-made cookies, opt for your favorite packaged cookie. If you ask us, these Milk Bar Confetti Cookies are a great substitute!
- Switch up the ice cream: Our recipe calls for vanilla ice cream, but feel free to use whatever flavor of ice cream that you like most. Here are some pints that our editors love and a few homemade ice cream recipes to inspire your next ice cream sammie combos.
- Add even more extras: Sprinkles are just the beginning! You can roll the edges of your ice cream sandwiches in nuts, chocolate chips or whatever ice cream toppings you like most.
How To Make Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe:
First remove the wrappers from all the ice cream sandwiches. You need to move fast because ice cream melts.
Then lay 3 ice cream sandwiches side by side on a cake platter.
Next drizzle with the caramel and the chocolate.
Then lay another 3 ice cream sandwiches on top going the the other direction. Drizzle with more caramel and chocolate.
Continue this process 2 more times so it is four ice cream sandwiches high.
At this time, if the ice cream sandwiches start to melt, then place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
Now its time for the icing on the cake. I think this might be my favorite part! Ice the cake with the cool whip.
Then drizzle the caramel and the chocolate on top allowing it to drip down the sides.
Freeze the cake for at least 2 hours and then I allow the cake to set at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to soften some so its easier to cut and then its ready to serve!
Read Also: Betty Crocker Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe Instructions
I start off by unwrapping all the ice cream sandwiches and stacking them layer by layer but each layer if faced an opposite direction as the one before. Drizzle Magic Shell between each layer. This provides a glue to hold the layers together.
After Ive completed all of my layers, I spread Whip Cream on the top and sides of the cake.
After it is completely covered in Whip Cream, I drizzle Caramel and Chocolate Magic Shell topping over the top of the cake and purposely let it drizzle down the sides of the cake too.
Finally, you put all the toppings you desire on the top of the cake! The more you add the richer the cake becomes. You can finish the cake at this stage too.
Once finished, place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make sure it freezes again before you cut into it.It has an elegant look to in when you cut into it and it tastes absolutely scrumptious!!!
Tips For The Best Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
- Use a very deep baking dish, if possible. I’ve shown a deep lasagna pan here. If your dish is deep, you don’t need to press down on the first layer of ice cream sandwiches — just skip that step.
- Thaw the whipped topping in the refrigerator overnight before you plan to assemble the cake. Do not thaw the whipped topping on the counter at room temperature, or the texture will be runny.
- Allow the ice cream sandwiches to soften slightly so that you can gently press them down as you’re creating the layers. This will help them fit in the pan!
- Prepare the cake at least 1-2 hours in advance of when you plan to serve it. The cake needs adequate time to firm up in the freezer again before you slice into it.
Also Check: Where To Get Key Lime Pie
Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
My sons birthday is at the end of July and every year on his birthday it seems like were on vacation in a location where a birthday cake is hard to make.
On his first birthday, we were literally camping in the middle of nowhere so we made him a pyramid cake out of Twinkies.
I know its not rocket scienceand not actually baking, but it sure makes the kids ooh and ahh. They dont care if it takes minutes or hours to make. And since its the last day of National Ice Cream Month, here is this simple dessert.
Layer your ice cream sandwiches and a thick layer of whipped topping. From here you can sprinkle on any candy bars, Oreo cookies, or chocolate you like. My son wanted M& Ms but if it were my choice I would sprinkle some chopped Reeses peanut butter cups.
I like to drizzle some fudge topping / chocolate syrup in between layers too but you could also use caramel sauce.
You could use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches or chocolate ice cream sandwiches.
This easy Ice Cream Cake is a simple no-bake dessert with layers of ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping, M& Ms, and chocolate sauce. The best part is you can personalize it however you want with crushed Oreos, graham crackers, Reese’s pieces, magic shell topping, or rainbow sprinkles. An easy dessert on a hot day!
What Does Ice Cream Cake Taste Like
Ok before with jump to recipe for this cake. Lets talk about what ice cream cake even tastes like and is it worth it to make this delicious cake recipe!
Do you remember as a kid enjoying birthday cake with the biggest scoop of ice cream on top? I have many fond childhood memories of enjoying this dessert at my and my friends birthday celebrations.
To me, thats what ice cream cake tastes like. Its the delicious and perfect combination of ice cream and cake in a perfect dessert.
I love ice cream cake. I think I might actually now prefer it over a traditional cake. If you love cake and love ice cream, I know youll love this easy dessert recipe too!
You May Like: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Biscuits
Why This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Is Really The Best
- The perfect no bake dessert, for keeping the kitchen cool, and cooling down with in the summer time.
- The easiest dessert, with only 5 minutes, and only a few minutes of actual work time.
- Easily customizable to make the cake any flavor, with a variety of ice cream, and topping options.
- And did I mention SO delicious?
How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
1. First Layer: Arrange half of the ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 baking dish. Cut the last few to fit the pan as needed.
2. Second Layer: Top the sandwiches with half of the Cool Whip and spread it into an even layer.
3. Third Layer: Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top, and then sprinkle the crushed cookies over the top.
4. Continue Layering: Make another layer of ice cream sandwich, top them with the rest of the whipped topping and crushed cookies. Decorate with sprinkles.
5. Freeze the cake for at least one hour or until its set.
Also Check: Huckleberry Pie Filling For Sale
How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- Create a base you can easily make the cake smaller or larger by increasing the size of the base.
- You can change the shape of the cake creating a freestyle base or by using a springform pan or a 9×13 baking dish.
- Alternate layers of ice cream sandwiches and softened ice cream.
- Tightly wrap the ice cream sandwich cake in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for at least 4 hours and up to 3 months.
- When youre ready to serve the cake, remove from the freezer and decorate with whipped topping, chocolate fudge sauce, mini M& Ms, and crushed Oreo cookies.
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe With Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are raiding the frozen dessert aisle for this easy cake a cake that doesnt need baking or even a mixer. Lets just say this is more of an assembly operation.
You know those classic chocolate ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream? Well, they make the best ice cream cake! This recipe is similar to an icebox cake and uses those classic frozen treats to make a deliciously cold and creamy cake that you can slice and serve. It looks like a layer cake.
The best news? You only need five ingredients to make this cake, and its ready to go in the freezer in about 10 minutes. Ice cream cake with ice cream sandwiches is my ideal summer dessert!
Also Check: Key West Key Lime Pie Shipped
A Fun Ice Cream Dessert
I know this “cake” seems a little too ridiculously simple, but trust me, this ice cream sandwich cake is always a huge hit when I make it for friends and family. I can’t serve it up fast enough! It’s a great little dessert to throw together quickly and who doesn’t love a delicious ice cream treat to cool them down on a hot summer day? Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you, this one is a winner!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Is Delicious And Easy To Make
I always joke that Im not much of a baker. I can never figure out keeping dry and wet ingredients separate and then when to stir in the sugar and vanilla, etc. Its just too much for me and I usually mess it up!
My family raves about this Easy Ice cream Cake Recipe. Now, when I say easy I mean it is REALLY easy. The trick is to use ice cream sandwiches! You wont even need a cake pan to create this recipe now woohoo!
The ice cream sandwiches have the ice cream and the cake that you would find in a traditional ice cream cake without all the work. By stacking them strategically you will create a delicious and crowd pleasing ice cream cake.
I love the combination of all these flavors in this cake, it tastes similar to brownie ice cream which is a win in my household!
Once you try this cake, youll never eat a store bought ice cream cake again!
You May Like: Adidas Ultra Boost Course A Pied
Switch It Up With These Variations
- You can use any ice cream sandwich flavor you like. Ive tried ones with chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and Neapolitan ice cream all three are fantastic.
- If you like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or other round ones, youll need a few more sandwiches.
- Feel free to use your favorite Cool Whip all of them will work!
- For the cookies, use your favorite Oreos or use any cookie that you can crush.
- For the sauces, feel free to use caramel saucein place of the chocolate or do a combo of both.
- You can also add your favorite chopped candy and/or chopped nuts chopped peanut butter cups, candy bars, walnuts, peanuts, and almonds would all work great. Moral of the story?
Get creative and put your own spin on this easy ice cream cake. You probably can switch it up every time you make it and never have it the same way twice. Sounds good to me! Enjoy!
Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake
Some assembly required for this super Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake! A true summertime favorite.
This may be the easiest ice cream cake you will ever make! It takes just four ingredients: ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, sugar cones and chocolate ice cream topping all other garnishes are open to interpretation. I opted for a dash of confetti sprinkles and peanut butter M& Ms, but really you cant go wrong with your favorite candy bars or cookies on top.
Youll need about 10 and 1/2 ice cream sandwiches, so if you pick up a standard box of 12 then youre all set. Then its just a matter of cutting the ice cream sandwiches in half and then lining them up inside a cake pan. Ive documented the process in a video to show you just how easy it is!
Fill the pan.
Line a round cake tin and stack the ice cream sandwiches around the edge of the pan.
After the pan is filled, space the sandwiches evenly.
Fill the center with your choice of ice cream! Cant go wrong with chocolate.
I used an 8-inch round cake pan, but a standard 9-inch pan will also work. The technique for the 9-inch cake is exactly the same but you may need an extra ice cream sandwich to line the cake pan and slightly more ice cream to fill the center.
Add some garnishes!
I think this would make a great summer-time birthday cake just add candles!
Looking for more ways to cool off? Check out my Banana Split Ice Cream Cake!
Also Check: Pork Pie Drums For Sale
Print Your Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Below:
Popsicles are also great to beat the heat! You will love Cookies and Cream Popsicles! These cream popsicles are packed with whipped cream, Oreo cookies and taste absolutely amazing!
You might also like to try this easy and delicious Snow Ice Cream Recipe.
We are crazy about oreo cookies and this Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe is out of this world!
Oreo Dirt CakeRecipe is one of the best no bake treats that takes just minutes to prepare.
Learn how to make this easy no church Cotton Candy Ice Cream recipe.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Variations
- Neapolitan: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches and chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla ice cream.
- Mintchocolate: Choose mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches and mint chocolate ice cream.
- Candybar: Go with vanilla ice cream sandwiches with your choice of ice cream and your choice of crushed candy: toffee/Skor, M& Ms, Reeses, Snickers, Kit Kat, Rolos, whopper, etc.
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake with Magic Shell: Use vanilla ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream. Leave off the whipped cream and add Magic Shell® on top right before serving. Add a spoonful of whipped cream on the side as desired.
- Hot fudge or caramel sauce: For an even sweeter treat, add a drizzle of hot fudge or caramel sauce to your bars homemade or store-bought.
- Taste of home shares a variation without any additional ice cream .
Don’t Miss: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Key Lime Pie
Variation Ideas For This Homemade Ice Cream Cake Recipe:
Since this recipe is simple to make, there are many variations that you can make to this recipe to make it your own.
Generally, I use plain ice cream sandwiches for this cake recipe. However, you can use different flavors of ice cream sandwiches. Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches are delicious in this recipe. Also, the other day, I say half vanilla and half chocolate ice cream sandwiches that would work perfectly for this cake recipe.
I prefer cool whip or whipped cream for the top of the ice cream cake, but you can definitely change the toppings to make this cake work for any holiday or birthday party.
You can chop up your favorite type of cookie or candy bar for the topping or of course sprinkles or even chocolate chips would help turn this cake into a beautiful birthday cake for anyone in your life!
Also, you can ca add colored icing in between the layers to match a holiday.
The possibilities are endless with this easy cake recipe.
This cake just looks so beautiful served up and no one has to know that you cheated by using ice cream sandwiches. It will be our little secret.
Check out this video on how easy it is to make this ice cream cake:
Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 1 box ice cream sandwiches*, unwrapped
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Caramel Magic Shell Topping
Also Check: Milk Bar Pie Crack Pie