The Best Pecan Pie For Chocolate Lovers
This is one luxurious dessert in a pie shell. I love all things with chocolate, fudge and nuts so this just checked all the boxes for being a winner. Oh, and putting a big dollop of whipped cream on top is like icing on a cake. I also love making my own pie crust, but if time doesnt permit, theres nothing wrong with buying an unbaked shell which makes this more simple and quick to put together.
This is especially a great treat to make for the Holidays, and one that everyone will be raving about. You might just have to make more than one to satisfy all the sweet teeth at the table. Go ahead, test it out first and let me know what you think? Its a great way to get a slice or even the whole pie before a large gathering wink, wink!
How To Make Cocoa Cream Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe Highlights
This easy pecan pie is
- SINFULLY DECADENT. This pie is like fudge + chocolate + pecan pie all in one. Not only is this pie perfect for Thanksgiving, but Id go as far as saying this is the perfect treat for any special occasion or even for a movie night with your friends.
- REALLY SIMPLE TO MAKE. While I made my own pie crust, you dont have to. Simply use a store bought pie shell, make the filling, bake and enjoy! It really couldnt get any easier. Easy as PIE!
- PERFECT HOLIDAY DESSERT. Being that its so simple to make, its also great to make ahead. Usually I just bake it the day before, and because I like this pie a bit warm, I just warm it up in the oven for a bit, then serve it. This way you wont have to stress too much on that busy day, because dessert is already done.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe
Chocolate pie is such an indulgence and this easy chocolate pie recipe is made more decadent by using Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder ! Of course, you can use just “regular” cocoa powder, but I find that using the dark chocolate cocoa powder eliminates some of the “super-sweetness” of traditional chocolate pies. It is still an incredibly rich pie . This pie will be a great addition to any holiday table or even just a sweet treat for your family!
Now – before you say it, yes – a chocolate pie recipe can be easy without using instant pie filling. It really doesn’t take that much more time and with my recipe, you know exactly what is going in to your pie!
Ok – lets get to my Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe!
- 1 pie crust, baked and cooled according to directions
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Old Fashioned Chocolate Pie Recipe
Chocolate pie from scratch is so much better than one made with chocolate pudding mix. It has a richer and deeper flavor. This old fashioned chocolate pie tastes heavenly and is sure to be a favorite, especially for holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. It will remind everyone of Grandmas chocolate pie.
Don’t Miss: Banana Cream Pie Shake Sonic
Homemade Old Fashioned Chocolate Pie Recipe
Posted on Last updated:
Homemade old fashioned chocolate pie is a creamy, chocolatey, and wonderfully traditional chocolate pudding dessert recipe topped with a light and fluffy meringue.
Cream pies are a favorite dessert at potlucks and family gatherings, plus, this one is easy to make and has a rich chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Pie Recipe Made With Cocoa Powder
Chocolate cake is really an indulgence and this straightforward chocolate cake recipe is created more decadent by utilizing Hershey& #8217s Special Chocolates Cacao Powder ! Obviously, you should use just & “regular& ” cacao powder. however i discover that while using chocolates cacao powder eliminates a few of the & “super-sweetness& ” of traditional chocolate pies. It’s still a remarkably wealthy cake . This cake is a welcome addition to the holiday table or maybe even a sweet treat for the family!
Now before you decide to express it, yes a chocolate cake recipe could be easy without needing instant cake filling. It truly doesn& #8217t take that rather more time with my recipe, you realize what is moving in for your cake!
Ok lets reach my Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe!
- 1 cake crust, baked and cooled based on directions
- 1/2 cup Hershey& #8217s Dark Cacao Powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla flavoring
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
Read Also: Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie Bisquick
Tips For The Best French Silk Pie Recipe Ever
Deep, dark, chocolatey French Silk pie recipe is SO much easier than you may think but there are a few things you can do to guarantee great results.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature
- Add the sugar slowly – whipping constantly.
- The butter and sugar must be whipped together until the sugar crystals disappear. Keep checking the texture by rubbing a little between your thumb and forefinger until you can’t feel any crystals or roughness remain. This could take 10 minutes or even a little more.
- Make it even easier by whirring the sugar in the blender before adding it to the butter.
- Use room temperature eggs
- Add the yolks one at a time and make sure you beat for at least 3 minutes between each.
- Use a good butter – different brands make a difference. I use either Kerrygold, Plugra, or Challenge for the high fat content and flavor. If you live in Texas Braum’s used to have a European style butter that was nice as well.
- Be sure to let the pie chill for at least an hour and keep any leftovers refrigerated.
Best Ever Chocolate Cream Pie
This is the Best Chocolate Cream Pie I have tried! Supremely rich and chocolaty, the filling is ultra creamy and made with two types of chocolate!
Welcome again to Pie Week!
I have a lot of delicious pies and pie-ish recipes coming this week but I had to bring this recipe to the forefront. It is DIVINE.
When I grew up, we had a Marie Callenders restaurant nearby and we ate there pretty frequently. My favorite pie is and always will be their Dutch apple pie, but since we would go often enough, I would often try different slices after our meals. Notably favorites included their fresh strawberry, banana cream pie and their chocolate cream pie! I thought theirs was the best until I made this version.
Some chocolate cream pies are weirdly not chocolaty enough? Not sure how that happens, but its true. Or the chocolate flavor is really one-note. I strived to ensure this version had a delicious, super chocolaty filling so it is made with two types of chocolate for a truly deep and rich chocolate flavor!
Traditionally, cream pies are made with a pastry crust and this one is no exception. Youll just need to blind-bake your favorite frozen deep-dish pie crust which is a cinch to do and can be done in advance . Simply prick holes all over a semi-thawed frozen pie crust and bake briefly according to package directions or until golden brown and baked. Then let it cool for a second while you prepare your filling!
I dunno about you, but I am dying for a slice!
Don’t Miss: Campbells Recipe Chicken Pot Pie
Why I Love This Recipe
Before we talk about how delicious and easy this recipe is, we need to talk about who I am as a pie maker. I make ugly pies!
Im good at a lot of things and I have a lot of strengths, but making pretty pies is just not one of them. I’ve just learned to call them rustic and now pretend they’re ugly on purpose.
My friend, Abby Jo Vanhoutan, published a cookbook titled, Cozy Christmas Baking, and she asked me to collaborate with her and help her promote her book by making some of the recipes and sharing the results with my friends and followers.
I, of course, was excited to help her out! This chocolate cream pie grabbed my attention, and I was not disappointed with the results!
What I love about this chocolate cream pie recipe is that whether it’s beautiful or rustic, the flavor is out of this world, and it’s a fairly simple pie recipe to throw together for a get-together, potluck, housewarming gift, or to bring to dinner at someone’s house.
Because this recipe needs to be refrigerated, you can make it ahead of time and forget about it until ready to serve.
Expert Tips And Tricks
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Soup Chicken Pot Pie
How To Make Chocolate French Silk Pie
- Make the whipped cream: In a bowl of a stand mixer pour in cold heavy whipping cream. Beat on high until starts to thicken. Add sifted powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until thickens. Reserve 3 cups for the chocolate layer and 2 cups to top the pie with. Transfer into the refrigerator while working on the chocolate layer.
- Melt the chocolate: Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over the double boiler. Let cool down. It should be runny but not hot.
- Make the silk pie filling: In a bowl of a stand mixer add cream cheese and whip until soft. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and mix. Pour in chocolate and mix. Beat in 3 cups of whipped cream. Mix until all incorporated and smooth.
- Assemble the pie: Spread the chocolate layer onto the bottom of a 9 pie crust. Then spread the reserved 2 cups of whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings on top.
- Allow the pie to set: Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Keep refrigerated for up to 2-3 days.
How To Make Chocolate Pie Crust
I use cocoa powder to add chocolate flavor in my homemade chocolate pie crust. You can use either natural cocoa powder or dutch processed cocoa powder, but note that dutch processed will give a deeper chocolate flavor. Mix or sift the cocoa powder together with flour, sugar and salt before adding butter.
Also Check: Gordon Ramsay Key Lime Pie
Icons / Ellipsis / Ellipsis
Variations On This Chocolate Pie Recipe
To me, this recipe is perfect as-is! But of course you can always play around and make it your own.
This filling is airy yet so rich, with tons of chocolate flavor. But if you prefer more of a dense filling, check out this homemade chocolate pudding recipe: Homemade Chocolate Pudding.
If youd rather have your chocolate pie with meringue, swap out the sweetened whipped cream for the topping on this Lemon Meringue Pie: Lemon Meringue Pie.
And for lots of tips on making meringue, check out this post: Meringue Cookies.
You have lots of differect crust options! For what you see here, I used a classic flaky butter pie crust. But you could also go with a Chocolate Pie Crust, a Graham Cracker Crust, or an Oreo Pie Crust.
Recommended Reading: Mermaids Cupcakes Denver