Apple Pie With Walnut Streusel
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
|2 tablespoons granulated sugar
|1 stick plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
|4 to 6 tablespoons ice water
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
|2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
|3 pounds Golden Delicious or Jonagold apples
|1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
|1/4 cup granulated sugar
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
|3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
|Accompaniment: Sour Cream Ice Cream
|2 cups half-and-half
|1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
|8 large egg yolks
|2 cups sour cream
Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake
I wish I could give credit where it’s due, but I don’t remember where this recipe originated. It seems as soon as this coffee cake is out of the oven, my family has it eaten!
Provided by Taste of Home
|1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
|1/2 cup packed brown sugar
|1/2 cup chopped pecans
|1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in apples. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Facts :
Sour Cream Apple Pie With Walnut Streusel
To prepare the filling: Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk the sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the sliced apples. Pour the filling into the two frozen pastry shells and bake for 55 Minutes.
Prepare the walnut streusel topping: In a bowl, combine the walnuts, fl our, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the softened butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the two pies and bake until golden, 30 Minutes more. Allow to cool at room temperature for several hours before serving. If the pie has been refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving. Plate the pie slices garnished with the caramel sauce on the side, if desired.
More About Sour Cream Apple Pie With Walnut Streusel Topping Recipes
WALNUT STREUSEL SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE – WOMAN’S DAY
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE
FromCaloriesSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 147mgTotal Fat 26g
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE WITH WALNUT STREUSEL | RECIPE
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE WITH WALNUT STREUSEL – PIES, TARTS …
SOUR CREAM APPLE WALNUT PIE | CRAFTYBAKING | FORMERLY …
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE RECIPE FROM LITTLE PIE COMPANY | THE …
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE WITH WALNUT STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPES
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE RECIPE | LEITE’S CULINARIA
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, nuts, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Cover and stash it in the fridge until youre done rolling out the crust.
- When the dough is fully chilled, roll it out to 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Draping the dough on the rolling pin, gently ease it into a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate, and then go wild crimping the edge. Back into the fridge it goes for at least 30 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, in a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, zest, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until smooth.
SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE WITH WALNUT STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE …
SOUR CREAM APPLE-WALNUT PIE RECIPE – WOMAN’S DAY
Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie
- Serves: Makes one 9-inch deep dish pie
- Baking Temp : Initialy 400 then 350
- Views: 17119
I first tasted this pie from the Little Pie Company in New York City, and have served it at my Thanksgiving table for years, even though I am a baker – just because the pie is incredible! I have always wanted to replicate it because it is so expensive – It costs $65.00 when ordered from them, but I finally figured out how to create the same recipe, at a much lower cost, which I now share it with you! This pie is the greatest and has been brought to life with Kelly’s careful hands and wonderful photos! This recipe rendition will be served at my Holiday table from now on! It’s butter-y, it’s cinnamon-y, it’s cream-y and crunch-y, and of course, filled with fresh apples – plus, it is so close to the original. It smells amazing as it bakes!
Chopping and Toasting Nuts:1. Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Chop walnuts fairly coarsely. And, then measure amount needed for the recipe.2. Toast chopped walnuts until they start to turn golden brown. This should take about 8 minutes. Be careful not to burn them…they can go from perfect to burned very quickly!
3. Set walnuts aside to cool completely before using and/or storing.
B. Position dough over the pie pan and begin unrolling the dough, starting from one edge, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides
Read Also: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
German Apple Pie With Sour Cream
Vermont is a big apple-producing state and we are known for delicious Macintosh apples. Every year, we go apple picking and bring home a few bushels of apples to bake with. This is one of our favorite recipes. It is creamy and delicious and definitely a family favorite.
Before we knew that my daughter was gluten intolerant, we made this German Apple pie recipe with traditional all-purpose flour. After we realized that she couldnt eat gluten any longer, we substituted an all-purpose 1 for 1 gluten-free baking mix like this one. It works wonderfully and there are no complicated conversions to deal with.
This German Apple Pie with Sour Cream is also called a Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie depending on who you talk to. Its basically a Sour Cream Apple Pie with Streusel Topping. That means that it has a traditional pie crust on the bottom but instead of a pie crust on top, it uses a streusel topping.
One of the keys to the success of this German Apple pie is using a very tart, firm apple like the Granny Smith Apple. Other types of apples may become too soft if you use them. If you cannot find a Granny Smith Apple, you can try substituting a Cripps Pink variety or a Braeburn apple instead. They are both fairly tart and firm.
Walnut Streusel Sour Cream Apple Pie
Plain apple pie will seem passé after you sample this version, with its filling of mixed apples, sour cream and cardamom, and a streusel topping made with light brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts.
Tips & Techniques
Don’t Miss: Midnight Moon Apple Pie Moonshine Drink Recipes
Apple Sour Cream And Walnut Pie Recipe
To make filling: whisk sour cream and egg in a large bowl until blended, whisk in sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg stir in apples. Spread in pie plate, mounding mixture in center. To make topping: mix flour, sugar and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts.
Apple Pie Variation. Sour cream apple walnut pie is a delicious dessert thats a variation of the traditional apple pie with sour cream and a walnut streusel topping. The tanginess of the sour cream is balanced with the sweet flavor of the apples. The typical brown sugar, butter, and flour streusel topping are enhanced with skinless chopped walnuts.
Sour Cream Apple Pie Deluxe
This is a delicious recipe combining apples, sour cream, sugar and a few others–to make a scrumptious dessert. I highly recommend that you use a high quality sour cream-it really does make the difference.
Provided by phebesue75
|1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
|¾ cup sugar
|¼ cup chilled butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F . Press the pie crust into and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, and salt. Mix in the sour cream, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add apples, and stir to coat. Scrape the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F , and continue baking for 30 minutes more.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the topping in a medium bowl. Stir together 1/3 cup of flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- After the 30 minute bake time has passed, cover the top of the pie with the crumb topping, and continue to bake for 15 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Allow the pie to cool, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.7 calories, Carbohydrate 48.1 g, Cholesterol 51.2 mg, Fat 20 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 218.5 mg, Sugar 30.1 g
You May Like: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Ar
How To Store And Make Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Store it in the fridge for up to five days. Normal apple pies can also sit at room temp for a little while, but since this pie contains dairy, only store it in cool temps!
- Can You Freeze This? Yes. It needs to be baked first. Once baked, itll last up toeight months in the freezer. That said, the texture of the pie is far better served fresh, not frozen.
- Make-Ahead Tips: Since this pie is best served cold, its perfect for making a few days before you need it and storing it in the fridge.
How To Choose A Good One
Apples are lifeblood, so Im serious about picking a good one. With time and patience, they deliver. What to look for in a stand out apple:
- Firm, all the way around.
- Weight, heavy = juicy!
- A light circle of lines around the top. The bigger the circle, the closer the apple was to the top of the tree and the sweeter it will be, which equals less un-natural sugar =D
Circles around the center, oh yeah!
You May Like: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pie
Apple Sour Cream And Walnut Pie
To make the cobbler, pour apple pie filling into pan and distribute evenly. Place pan in oven on middle shelf and bake until mostly set, around 45 minutes. Remove the pan and sprinkle cobbler topping evenly over the apple filling. Return to oven and bake for 30 more minutes or until topping is golden brown and slightly crisp.
In a large bowl, combine sour cream, egg, vanilla, sugar, salt and flour, stirring until well blended. Stir in apples Pour into unbaked pastry shell. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
Five different varieties of pie, seven days a week, that was then, so liberties were taken and a sock knocking apple was found. Thin sliced apples swirl sour cream, sugar and spice then layer fluted pie dough. A crunchy crumble of toasted walnuts and cinnamon brown sugar make an incredible streusel. Bake and behold this most requested pie.
For sour cream custard, gently whisk eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in small mixing bowl until blended. In larger mixing bowl, whisk flour, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar until combined, add walnuts and then work in butter bits with fingers until crumbly but some butter remains in tiny pieces.
What Type Of Pie Plate Should I Use
To avoid the filling spilling over the sides of the pie dish during baking, I recommend you make this in a deep-dish pie plate. A 9.5-inch pie plate should work perfectly. Watch the edges of the pie crust as it bakes to avoid them burning. You may want to use a pie crust shield during the last portion of the baking time.
Don’t Miss: Damgoode Pies Little Rock Delivery
What’s The Best Way To Make An Apple Pie
Combine flour and brown sugar in the basin of a food processor¹ and pulse to combine. Sprinkle butter pieces over the mixture. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Take your crumble topping and sprinkle it evenly over the pie filling. Use your hands to gently pat down the topping. Bake on 425F for 15 minutes.
Prepare The Apple Filling
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, whisk the sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, egg, and vanilla.
Stir in sliced apples. Pour into two pie crusts. Bake for 20 minutes.
Reduce oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 35 minutes longer.
2 frozen 9-inch-deep dough pie crusts
Recommended Reading: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
German Apple Pie Pro Tip
If you want to make a German apple pie crustless, you can leave the pie crust out completely and simply add the filling to a greased baking dish. The result will be more similar to apple crisp than apple pie but it will still be delicious.
To store leftovers, keep them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Be sure that you cover the pie plate with plastic wrap to keep it fresh. You can warm it for a few seconds in the microwave if you want to.