Simple Pleasures For Every Day
~oreo and heath ice cream pie~
Chocolate is a perfect food, as wholesome as it is delicious, a beneficent restorer of exhausted power. It is the best friend of those engaged in literary pursuits. Baron Justus von Liebig
Gracie requested this ice cream pie in lieu of a birthday cake this year. It really is the perfect summer treat! No baking required. This makes six generous portions. A chocolaty, Oreo crust, bits of buttery Heath crunchies throughout, creamy ice cream, topped with ooey gooey caramel and hot fudge. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a Maraschino cherry if you wish!
one Oreo pie crust, homemade or store bought
1/2 gallon chocolate chip or cookies & cream ice cream
8 oz. Heath bits
1 jar caramel topping or dulce de leche
1 jar hot fudge topping or chocolate syrup
sweetened whipped cream
Freeze the crust, Heath bits and metal mixing bowl in the freezer until everything is well chilled After everything is chilled, allow the ice cream to soften a bit Place the ice cream in the metal mixing bowl Pour the Heath bits over and mix until the bits are well incorporated. Spread into chilled Oreo crust using a rubber spatula. Place back in the freezer to set for a few hours. When ready to serve, heat the caramel and hot fudge toppings. Cut the pie into 6 pieces and place on pretty dessert plates. Drizzle the warmed toppings over each slice. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
homemade Oreo cookie pie crust:
30 whole, original Oreo cookies
1/3 cup melted butter
Easy Ice Cream Pie With A Cookie Crust
We will be enjoying this easy ice cream pie with a cookie crust all summer long. Its perfect for the pie lovers, cookie lovers and the ice cream lovers!
Hi everyone! Its Alyssa from My Sequined Life back with an incredibly easy, no-bake dessert. I think those are more than welcome this time of year! We just bought a house and are in the midst of painting every possible surface that can be painted. Every one! I know what will be dominating our nights and weekends for the foreseeable future. Im feeling confident that the end result will make all the work SO worth it, but in the meantimewell I guess I just have to keep my eye on the prize.
A side effect of painting ALL the things is not having a ton of time to spend on other things, like baking. And boy do we ever wish for a satisfying frozen dessert after a day/afternoon/evening painting in the summertime. This ice cream pie as it appears here uses just six ingredients, and thats being generous given that half of them are different flavors of ice cream.
The no-bake crust is made from crushed Oreo cookies and a bit of melted butter. Once combined and pressed into a pie plate, you stick it in freezer for a little bit to solidify. This would be a good time to take out your ice cream and allow it to become a little bit melty so itll be easier to spread around the pie. And did I mention you can totally pick your preferred Oreo flavor? I used Oreos with chocolate cream , but the choice is yours.
Tips For The Best Ever Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Don’t forget to thaw the Cool Whip in the fridge for at least 4 hours before you plan to assemble the pie. Do not thaw the whipped topping at room temperature or it will become too soft and “melt.”
- Use a jar of “hot fudge” sauce or topping — notchocolate syrup. You want a nice thick layer on top of the ice cream, rather than a runny mess. If you prefer a caramel topping, make sure that you use a thick caramel sauce and notcaramel syrup.
- Allow plenty of time for the crust to cool before assembling the pie, and then additional time for the pie to re-freeze for a couple of hours before serving.
- Let the ice cream soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before trying to spread the ice cream in the pie crust. Once it re-freezes, you’ll also need to allow about 5-10 minutes for the pie to sit at room temperature and soften before trying to cut it into slices.
- There’s no need to measure the filling ingredients. I tried to estimate how much ice cream and fudge sauce I used here, but really you just need to fill the pie with ice cream and spread a nice, thick layer of fudge sauce on top!
- For a special touch, garnish the top of the pie with optional rainbow sprinkles, extra cookie crumbs, or other festive sprinkles that suit the holiday or celebration.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Soup Recipes For Chicken Pot Pie
Tell Me About This Cookies & Cream Pie
- Texture: This is an extra creamy pie. The Oreo cookies inside the filling soften over time, so you have even more contrast to the crunchy crust beneath it.
- Flavor: If you like Oreo cookies, you will LOVE this pie. Though the filling is made with cream cheese, it doesnt particularly taste like cheesecake. The cream cheese adds a little tang the flavor would be pretty flat without it. If youre in the mood for cake, heres my cookies and cream cake recipe.
- Ease: This is the most effortless dessert Ive ever made in a pie dish a beginner can definitely handle it. This could also be a very fun and approachable baking project for little bakers! With supervision, of course.
- Baking: The crust sets up in the oven, the filling sets up in the refrigerator. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, let it cool as you make the filling, then spread in the filling.
- Time: From mixing bowls to refrigerator in about 30 minutes. The filling takes at least 6 hours to set up, so plan ahead. If youre in a rush, you could also freeze this pie itll still take at least 4 hours to firm up though.
This is a wonderful make ahead dessert option and you could even make it a few days in advance.
How To Make An Oreo Ice Cream Cake From Scratch
Mint Oreo Crust
Put the Oreos in a food processor, pulse into a crumble, and then place them in a bowl with the melted butter. Place the mixture into the pan and press into the bottom and sides with your hands. Put a piece of plastic wrap over the top and freeze for at least an hour.
Ice Cream and Chocolate Syrup Layers
Remove the ice cream from the freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow it to soften. Remove the crust from the freezer and add the ice cream. Pour a thin layer of chocolate syrup on top of the ice cream and spread it around to the edges. Cover with the plastic wrap and place back into the freezer for another hour.
Whipped Cream Layer
Place the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and begin to whip on medium speed with a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and peppermint and continue to beat on high speed until the cream is nice and stiff. This will take about 4-5 minutes. Remove the pie from the freezer and add the mint whipped cream to the top. Freeze for 12-24 hours.
Also Check: Damgoode Pies Fayetteville
How To Put It All Together
For the crust
For the Oreo ice cream
To Make The Oreo Crust
TIME-SAVING TIP: If you want to save time, you can also buy a store-bought Oreo pie crust.
Recommended Reading: Damn Good Pies Little Rock Ar
How To Make An Ice Cream Pie
It’s so simple to make an ice cream pie, but knowing a few things beforehand will set you up for success and make it a lot easier to do.
Start by crushing up whole Oreos, cream centers and all. This is easiest with a food processor or blender as you want the crumbs to be pretty fine, but you can definitely use the rolling pin and ziploc bag method instead.
Add the melted butter to the Oreo crumbs and toss them together to evenly moisten everything. Then press the crust mixture into the bottom of a springform pan or pie plate. At this point, I like to bake my crust for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F to set it, but you can definitely skip that part and just stick the crust in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up instead.
Let the vanilla and mint chip ice creams soften on the counter for 10-15 minutes. It’s so frustrating trying to make this pie when your ice cream is rock hard! Giving the ice cream a little time to soften before adding it to the crust makes this so much easier!
Scoop the vanilla ice cream layer into the bottom crust first, then place a piece of plastic wrap over the top. Press down with your hands to make an even vanilla layer, then remove the plastic wrap.
Sprinkle a layer of broken up Oreos onto the vanilla ice cream. You want bigger pieces than crumbs for this layer so that there is more crunch for a textural contrast in the ice cream pie, so I like to just chop these up by hand rather than using the food processor.
Frozen Oreo Pie With Only 3 Ingredients
There is a saying that necessity is the mother of all invention. Well, necessity birthed this frozen Oreo pie! In our family, we have a tradition that the kids can pick anything they want to eat for their birthday supper and dessert. They sometimes choose the strangest combinations!
This week, it was our son Jonahs birthday. He chose hot chicken and pasta in spicy sauce on top of Caesar salad and Oreo ice cream cake for dessert.
I went into town to buy the ingredients for the supper, four kids in tow, got home, started unpacking the groceries, and realized that I had forgotten to stop at Dairy Queen to pick up the ice cream cake on the way home.
That was a big oops! I did not want to pack the kids back up and drive back into town. I also knew that I wouldnt have enough time to get the supper made in time if I did. I was stuck and needed a quick solution. I searched the pantry and freezer and thankfully found what I needed to invent my own 3 ingredient frozen Oreo pie.
Recommended Reading: Mrs Budd’s Chicken Pot Pie Review
Overview & Photos: How To Make The Cookies & Cream Pie Filling
Have you ever made no bake cheesecake, peanut butter pie, or my pumpkin no bake cheesecake? Were doing something similar here. Whip heavy cream into peaks, then set aside. This homemade unsweetened whipped cream adds a stable, yet unbelievably creamy foundation. Theres no need for gelatin, cornstarch, or any other thickening ingredients.
After that, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract together. Then fold in the whipped heavy cream and some Oreo cookies. One 14.3 ounce package of Oreo cookies usually contains 36 cookies use 24 in the crust and chop up 12 for the filling. If you want to squeeze more Oreos into the filling, pick up an extra package.
- By the way, if you want a peanut butter variation, use the filling from my peanut butter pie instead. You can fold in chopped Oreos and skip the chocolate topping.
Spread into the baked and cooled Oreo cookie crust. I like using a large or small offset spatula to make the job easier.
Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie An Easy Homemade Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Recipe Turned Into A Yummy Easy Treat
Folks, this recipe for Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Pie could not get any easier. The hardest part is waiting for it to finish freezing so you can eat it.
As Ive mentioned, we have rediscovered our ice cream machine this summer. It was a wedding present, so it will be 18 years old this weekend! Perhaps we will take it out and make some more of this pie to celebrate!
Read Also: Dam Good Pies
Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Pie
This 4 ingredient Oreo ice cream recipe is one of our favorite summer desserts because it is so easy to make from scratch without an ice cream machine. Add an Oreo crust, and it makes the perfect simple dessert recipe for parties, picnics, and barbecues, too.
My kids take cooking classes, several a week and have ever since quarantine started. My 10-year-old, Allie, has developed an insatiable curiosity for all things food, and she has decided that she wants to be a chef when she grows up. It’s all very exciting to see as her mom.
Anyway, one of my 10-year-old’s earliest foods was this Oreo ice cream pie. She signed up for the class because Oreos! and ice cream! and what more do you need to know? The teacher was very sweet and nice, and the class was fun, and then we had to wait 4 whole hours to sample the goods.
Allie has since made this Oreo ice cream pie several times, and it’s always gobbled up quickly. There’s always a bit of ice cream leftover after filling the pie crust, and she freezes that in shallow ice cream containers and eats it later without sharing with anyone. It’s that good.