Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Ingredients
Ice Cream Sandwiches- This recipe uses a total of 6 vanilla sandwiches to build the two layers of this ice cream cake. I use Blue Bunny brand, but you can use any brand you can find in your local grocery store. The only requirement really is that they are rectangular, or your cake will have lots of gaps.
You may even experiment with different flavors you find! You can try Neapolitan, cookies and cream, or even mint!
Cool Whip- Technically you can make your own whipped cream if you prefer, but I say keep it simple! An 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip works perfectly for this Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe. It even comes in Extra Creamy, Sugar Free, or Lite varieties if you have a preference!
Oreos- You only need 4 or 5 crushed Oreos for the Oreo layer, but you are of course welcome to add more! There are also lots of fun flavors to experiment with here if are feeling creative. Mint Oreos work great with Mint flavored ice cream sandwiches! Or you can do what I do and use Double Stuffed!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Your family’s new favorite, easy dessert! This 5-ingredient ice cream sandwich cake is a no-bake treat that’s ready with just 10 minutes of prep. Just layer ice cream sandwiches with Cool Whip and all of your favorite toppings — chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, sprinkles, M& M’s, and more — then re-freeze, slice, and serve. Bring on summer!
Alternatives And Other Options
There are so many great options for this cake! You can literally add any candy or sweet treat to this cake and customize it to make it your personal favorite!
- candy bars use chopped up candy bars like Butterfinger, Snickers, Heath Bar, or Reeses on top of the cake.
- Oreo cookies use crushed Oreo and sprinkle them on top of this cake
- chocolate chips use mini or regular-sized chocolate chips. You could also mix milk or dark chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.
- mini M& Ms sprinkle mini M& Ms on top of the cake for added color
- different flavors you can use different flavors of ice cream sandwiches. We used vanilla ice cream sandwiches, but you could try chocolate ice cream sandwiches or even neapolitan ice cream sandwiches.
- mini marshmallows these would be great fun to put on top of the cake
- fresh fruit top with slices of fresh strawberries and blueberries
- nuts add chopped pecans or walnuts
You May Like: Nothing Bundt Cakes Coupon $5 Off 2022
Tips For Making This Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Use quality ingredients â High-quality ice cream sandwiches will lead to a more delicious ice cream sandwich cake. If you want to get fancy, you can make homemade ice cream sandwiches, and then use them to make this cake!
Chill out â The ice cream sandwiches will soften as you build the cake, so be sure to put the whole ice cream cake back into the freezer for at least 2 hours before you want to serve it. This way everything will harden up again and the ice cream sandwich cake will be easy to slice.
You may need more or fewer ice cream sandwiches, depending on the size and shape of the ones you use. Mine were 1.5â x 5â rectangles, and I used 15 of them. If you need to cut the ice cream sandwiches to fill in spaces, feel free!
If you do need to cut the ice cream sandwiches, this is much easier to do when they are solid, directly from the freezer.
Make it Gluten Free – Look for gluten-free ice cream sandwiches and gluten-free Oreos.
Have Fun! Add extra toppings, an extra layer of ice cream , or get crafty and make ice cream sandwich cake in a round shape or a loaf pan. It’s very hard to mess this recipe up, so go ahead and experiment.
More Ice Cream Treats:
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer to soften for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lay out some parchment paper or foil on a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Lay 5 ice cream sandwiches together on the sheet.
- Spread half the ice cream evenly over the top of the ice cream sandwiches. Let it freeze for about 20 minutes if the ice cream is getting too melted.
- Lay another layer of 5 ice cream sandwiches, followed by the remaining ice cream, and the final layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 to 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Carefully lift the cake off the parchment paper and place it onto a large plate or cake dish.
- Spread the cool whip evenly over the sides and top of the cake.
- Warm up hot fudge chocolate just enough to spread it, and drizzle it over the top of the cool whip topping.
- Chop up Oreos with a food processor, or blender, knife, or hammered in a ziptop bag. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the freezer for 30 minutes, then slice and serve.
Recommended Reading: Best Vegan Gluten Free Bread
Do I Need To Thaw Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Before Serving
Traditional ice cream cakes should sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes or longer before you’re ready to eat them. This thawing time allows the ice cream to soften and makes it easier to cut the cake.
With an ice cream sandwich ice cream cake, you don’t need to let it sit out at all, and definitely not for more than 5 minutes. Typically the ice cream inside of store-bought ice cream sandwiches is the type that will melt quickly.
How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This cake works well in an 8×8 square pan. You can double the ingredients to fill a 9×13 pan too!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
You May Like: American Pie Band Camp Full Movie Free
How To Store Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
I doubt youâll have leftovers, but you can wrap the ice cream sandwich cake well with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 1 week.
This also means that you can make an ice cream sandwich cake up to 1 week ahead of time, which is always a good thing when youâre planning a party.
Switch It Up With These Variations
- You can use any ice cream sandwich flavor you like. Ive tried ones with chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and Neapolitan ice cream all three are fantastic.
- If you like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or other round ones, youll need a few more sandwiches.
- Feel free to use your favorite Cool Whip all of them will work!
- For the cookies, use your favorite Oreos or use any cookie that you can crush.
- For the sauces, feel free to use caramel saucein place of the chocolate or do a combo of both.
- You can also add your favorite chopped candy and/or chopped nuts chopped peanut butter cups, candy bars, walnuts, peanuts, and almonds would all work great. Moral of the story?
Get creative and put your own spin on this easy ice cream cake. You probably can switch it up every time you make it and never have it the same way twice. Sounds good to me! Enjoy!
Also Check: Hotels Near Sweetie Pies St Louis
How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
1. First Layer: Arrange half of the ice cream sandwiches in a 9Ã13 baking dish. Cut the last few to fit the pan as needed.
2. Second Layer: Top the sandwiches with half of the Cool Whip and spread it into an even layer.
3. Third Layer: Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top, and then sprinkle the crushed cookies over the top.
4. Continue Layering: Make another layer of ice cream sandwich, top them with the rest of the whipped topping and crushed cookies. Decorate with sprinkles.
5. Freeze the cake for at least one hour or until its set.
Read Also: Nothing Bundt Cakes Close To Me
Ice Cream Sandwich Party
If you know me, you know how much I love adding a few extra sprinkles to the day! I planned a little surprise party for the kids with this fun recipe, since I know how much they love ice cream sandwiches. I made this ice cream sandwich cake to kick off the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year. It was such a fun way to celebrate with one of their favorite treats! And not only is this recipe super easy to make, but it uses simple ingredients we always had on hand in the house!
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Dairy Free Pie Crust
Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
Does anybody else have a household full of ice cream sandwich lovers? Seriously, the kids are obsessed with simple ice cream sandwiches for dessert. And Ill admit, I love them too! ) Theres just something so fun and nostalgic about that combination of chocolate cookie and vanilla ice cream. Recently I took ice cream sandwiches to the next level into the form of a cake, and Im so excited to share the recipe with you!
How To Put Your Ice Cream Cake Together
1 Fold the 1 cup of chopped/crushed Oreos into 2 cups of whipped topping and set aside for later.
2 On a flat platter create a layer of 6 ice cream sandwiches in a row.
You can use plain vanilla or a fun flavor like neapolitan, mint, etc.
3 Top with a layer of the cookie and Cool Whip mixture.
A silicone spatula is a great tool for spreading the mixture into a smooth even layer.
4 Add another layer of 6 ice cream sandwiches on top of the Cool Whip layer.
5 Use the remaining Cool Whip to frost your cake.
6 Optional: Top with something fun like sprinkles, mini m& ms or more crushed Oreos.
7 Freeze until youre ready to serve. The whipped topping wont get overly hard so youll still be able to cut your cake.
Im a big fan of using Cool Whip in desserts. It makes them light and fluffy and its much faster than making your own whipped topping. Check out these other delicious desserts:
Recommended Reading: 6 Inch Aluminum Pie Plates
Easiest Ever Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This ice cream sandwich cake is about the easiest summer dessert ever. All it takes is as little as two ingredients, and a few minutes to put it together!
I almost didnât post this recipe. I figured that because it uses only processed ingredients, it wasnât âon brandâ. But then I said âWho cares! My family loves this recipe, and Iâm gonna share it no matter what some people my think!â
Truthfully, this recipe is a little different than most of the recipes I share. And since itâs basically just putting two store-bought ingredients together, itâs almost not a recipe at all.
But in this case, it means that this recipe is super quick and easy to whip up, and it feeds a crowd. And who cares if itâs not exactly health food â who doesnât love ice cream sandwiches??
Read Also: Baker Refuses To Bake Cake For Gay Couple
More Homemade Ice Cream Cake Recipes
This ice cream cake made with ice cream sandwiches is a delicious dessert, and a brilliant shortcut recipe. But – If you’d like to make a true ice cream cake from scratch, check out our Ice Cream Cake and Oreo Ice Cream Cake recipes.
You might also enjoy making an Ice Cream Pie!
Our Favorite Ice Cream Making Tools:
- Cuisinart 2QT Ice Cream Maker – Works with ice cream, sorbets, and frozen yogurt.
- Loaf Pan – You can use any 9 x 13 loaf pan or a shallow pan, but we like this one.
- Ice Cream Scoop – Make sure you have a good ice cream scoop. This is one of our favorites.
- Ice Cream Bowls – You can use any bowl, but we think these are fun.
- Ice Cream Containers – We love keeping a couple of ice cream containers on hand for when we make homemade ice cream.
Note: Each of these links will take you to the exact product on Amazon. As an Amazon associate, I earn a little from each qualifying purchase.
LET’S GET SOCIAL, you can follow us on or leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make this Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe? Leave a Comment Below letting us know what you thought and if you added any additional add-ins.
Read Also: Fresh Market Chicken Pot Pie
A Fun Ice Cream Dessert
I know this âcakeâ seems a little too ridiculously simple, but trust me, this ice cream sandwich cake is always a huge hit when I make it for friends and family. I canât serve it up fast enough! Itâs a great little dessert to throw together quickly and who doesnât love a delicious ice cream treat to cool them down on a hot summer day? Donât let the simple ingredients fool you, this one is a winner!
How To Cut An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Give the cake just a few minutes to soften. Find a large kitchen knife, and run it under hot water. Wipe it dry with a towel, and then slice the cake with the warm knife.
It will cut like butter!
Rinse the knife with hot water and repeat the process until you’ve cut the whole cake into pieces for everyone to enjoy.
You May Like: Who Has The Best Pecan Pie
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Ingredients:
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Softened ice cream
- sprinkles, hot fudge, chocolate shell, caramel or chocolate sauce, chopped nuts, candy, etc.
I highly recommend making this super easy cake for your next summer get-together, as it feeds a crowd and everyone will love it.
However, if you want to make a smaller one just for your family, you can easily make a half recipe with just one box ice cream sandwiches, and half a pint of ice cream. Just assemble it in a smaller baking dish and you’re good to go!
Recipe Variations For Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches for a combination of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream in your cake. You can garnish the cake with sliced fresh strawberries just before serving and sprinkle with chocolate chips. A drizzle of strawberry syrup would also be a good swap for the caramel.
- Magic Shell: instead of the chocolate syrup, drizzle the top of the cake with Magic Shell topping.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: put a birthday spin on this fun dessert! You can purchase Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches at many grocery stores and Super Target stores. Use rainbow sprinkles as a fun topping, too.
- Toppings: I used mini M& M’s , but Stephanie also suggested coarsely crushed Oreos, Heath toffee bits, chopped candy bars , chocolate chips, crushed waffle cones, chopped peanuts , Reese’s pieces or Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkles: Garnish with different colored sprinkles to match the upcoming holidays. For instance, one reader suggested using red, white and blue sprinkles for Memorial Day or July 4th, or you can pick rainbow sprinkles for a birthday party!
Read Also: Nothing Bundt Cakes Marble Bundtlet
Ingredients That Youll Need:
It only takes 5 simple ingredients to make this easy Pioneer Woman Ice Cream Sandwich Cake.
- 24 ice cream sandwiches youll need 24 chocolate ice cream sandwiches.
- Whipped topping like cool whip. This needs to be thawed so you can spread it. You can also make your own homemade whipped cream.
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel sauce leave this out if you dont like caramel.
- Sprinkles this adds such a pop of color.
- we love to add these because they add a special touch.
Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake
This fun red, white and blue Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake is super easy and really fun for your Memorial Day or 4th of July Celebrations! Just 5 simple ingredients and you have a show-stopping dessert!
Summer is almost here and you know what that means warm weather, cookouts, 4th of July, picnics, potlucks and YES! Ice Cream! It really doesnt matter what age you are, I have never met a person that didnt love ice cream, especially when they are fun ice cream sandwiches, bars, and treats.
I know your life is busy. I know your to-do list is never ending. I get it. Im right there with you!
Which is why its a goal of mine to create show-stopping desserts that are super easy and use simple ingredients.
This Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake is just that! I added blue and red icing in between the layers of Ice Cream Sandwiches, which is perfect for the patriotic holidays coming up Memorial Day and 4th of July. But honestly, you could add any color you want. Maybe have 1 cake with pink layers, and 1 cake with blue layers for a gender reveal party. How fun!
What color you put into the layers wont matter, it will be delicious. I promise you! Lets get started
All you need to make this incredible Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake are 5 ingredients Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches, whipped topping, marshmallow fluff, pudding, and coloring. Sprinkles are optional, but of course, highly recommended.
I added a thin layer kind of like a crumb coat first, then went back over it again.
You May Like: Purina Pro Large Breed Puppy