How To Make Funfetti Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Line two cookie sheets of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Rainbow bits cake mix and ¼ teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Mix on medium-low with an electric mixer or by hand with a silicone spatula until a dough forms.
- With a silicone spatula, mix in sprinkles ¼ cup at time to mix evenly.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie dough and roll and shape dough into balls. Place cookie dough about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet and add a few extra sprinkles on top
- Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes, the bottoms will just be starting to get golden. Allow baked cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Is Funfetti Cake Just Vanilla With Sprinkles
Can you make a Funfetti cake with less oritional ingredients and sprinkles?It is a buttery vanilla cake with sprinkles that is made in a buttery vanilla cake pan and topped with vanilla buttercream before being served.It is generally accepted that there are two varieties of vanilla cakes available: yellow cake, which is prepared from whole eggs and has a golden tint and purple cake, which is the only variety that is manufactured from corn meal-based flour.
More Easter Dessert Recipes
Cook Time: Total Time:
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies is one of my all-time favourite cookie recipes ever, I just love the spring ‘Eastery’ look and the moist cake-like taste – and it’s easy because you use a boxed cake mix. This is one amazing cookie, guys, and there’s video instructions!
- 1 box Confetti Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 3-4 tbps Sprinkles
- 1 – 1/3 cup M& Ms
Recommended Reading: Betty Crocker Chicken Pot Pie
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
While my kids love these confetti cookies, you can make lots of different cake mix cookies! If you dont have a funfetti cake mix, you can use a white cake mix and add sprinkles. I have also made double chocolate cake mix cookies with chocolate cake mix and chocolate chips. Another favorite of mine is lemon cake mix with white chocolate chips. So yummy!
Why Do The Ingredients Need To Be At Room Temperature
Room temperature ingredients help to ensure that everything blends together perfectly. You dont want any pockets of unblended butter. You want everything evenly disbursed for the perfect texture.
When your dairy products are at room temperature, they can create an emulsion. Its essential to have an emulsion because air gets trapped, so the baked goods expand and get fluffy as it bakes.
Read Also: 3 Inch Deep Pie Pan
Why Does My Cake Batter Look Like Cookie Dough
Cold eggs are the most prevalent cause of cake batter that fails to rise properly. When cold eggs are added to room temperature batter, the temperature of the entire combination drops, resulting in the batter breaking. The fat hardens and breaks up into little bits when it cools. It is possible that the same thing will happen if you add cold milk.
How To Make Funfetti Cake Cookies
Step 1: Start by making your funfetti cake mix batter. Add in your M& Ms sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
Step 2: Place on a Silpat lined pan, and bake according to the directions in the printable card below.
Step 3: You dont have to add in the M& Ms if you cant find the spring Easter ones. Feel free leave them out and bake as directed.
Recommended Reading: Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Why We Love Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Quick And Easy These semi-homemade cookies bake up quick for those last-minute parties, a bake sales or a birthday party! This easy funfetti cookies recipe is always a hit!
- Delicious Pretty Cookies Delicious vanilla flavor and packed full of pretty sprinkles, these cookies look pretty on any platter.
- Great For Beginners With only a few simple ingredients, this easy cookie recipe is great for beginner bakers and baking with young kids.
This cookie recipe came from one of those Mom, the bakesale is tomorrow! moments. Quick, easy and those colorful rainbow sprinkles with a soft texture and a chewy center were a hit!
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Last Updated on May 16, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars are soft, chewy and loaded with sprinkles. These bars taste like cake batter and frosted sugar cookies in each bite! Made with only 6 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Everyone will be hooked on this colorful and delicious dessert!
Recommended Reading: My Little Pony Pinkie Pie
What Is Funfetti Or Confetti Cake Mix
Basically, Funfetti is a soft, fluffy, vanilla cake with rainbow sprinkles baked throughout. Its FUN and probably my most favorite flavor of cake.
This is actually the same as confetti cake. But then Pillsbury came out with an actual Funfetti variety of their box mix which made the name popular.
For this recipe, you can use the Pillsbury brand and get the actual Funfetti cake mix or you can pick up the rival brands who call their versions confetti or rainbow chip.
Can You Turn Cookie Mix Into Cake
In a mixing basin, combine 1 cup and 1/4 cup of cookie mix with 2 cups of flour until well combined. At room temperature, the temperature is 2/3 C. You can utilize this feature if you dont know how many cookie mix boxes there are in a box. Upon completion of liquid addition, check your cake mix for a too-thin consistency or runny texture, and make any necessary adjustments.
Don’t Miss: Pie In The Sky Pizza
How To Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. I guarantee they wont last that long though.
I used Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix but you could even use their white or chocolate cake mix and just add sprinkles to the batter. Any pre-made box of funfetti cake mix will do, just follow the recipe to make delicious cookies! Betty Crocker also has an amazing funfetti cake mix you can find at the grocery store.
If you have never tried it, grab a 1-inch cookie scoop or melon baller. It makes for mess-free drop cookies in the perfect shape and size! They make them in multiple sizes so I have a few on hand for different baking activities.
Can I Use Chocolate Funfetti Cake Mix
Absolutely! Instead of a vanilla-based cookie, you will end up with a chocolate one. While I havent tried yet, I imagine they are very very similar!
This recipe will make some of the easiest cookies ever. Who knew how easy cake mix cookies could be to bake!
If you love cake mix cookies, you will love our Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies, Lemon Cake Mix Cookies, Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies, and Double Chocolate Cookies as well! These are all made with cake mix from the box and provide a soft texture and perfect consistency to the cookies that you and your little bakers will love.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Custard Pie
To Freeze The Dough Before Baking
This dough freezes best if you portion it into dough balls before freezing. Arrange the dough balls on baking sheets, freeze, and then wrap tightly in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. When ready to bake, just pull a couple of frozen dough balls from the oven and bake in a 350° F oven. Youll need to add about 1-2 more minutes to the baking time since youre starting with frozen dough.
How To Make Funfetti Cookies
Youll only need a few ingredients to make these cookies:
- Funfetti cake mix
- Vanilla extract
- Rainbow nonpareils
You might even already have all of these ingredients in your pantry, especially if you like to keep cake mixes and decorating supplies on hand.
Start by whisk together the cake mix and baking powder. Use an electric mixer to mix in the eggs one at a time, followed by the oil and vanilla extract.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each dough ball into the nonpareils and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
I rolled mine in rainbow nonpareils, but you could choose any colors you wanted. Red, green, and white for Christmas red, white, and blue for July 4th black and orange for Halloween pink and blue for a baby showeryou get the idea!
Before baking, use the bottom of a jar or glass to press each cookie down to ¼-inch thick. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Read Also: Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Is Funfetti Cake Just Vanilla Cake
- Is Funfetti Cake simply vanilla cake with sprinkles on top?
- It is a buttery vanilla cake with sprinkles incorporated throughout the dough and a vanilla buttercream icing that makes it funfetti.
- When it comes to vanilla cakes, they may be divided into two categories: yellow cake, which is produced with whole eggs to give it a golden yellow hue, and white cake, which is created with powdered sugar.
Is Funfetti Cake White Or Yellow
Is there a difference between red and yellow funfetti cake? This traditional cake is produced by substituting one kind of fat for the yolks in a white cake recipe. It is possible that the addition of additional fat will prevent the whites from needing to be creamed. If you prepare your own yellow cake, you will still be able to enjoy it.
Also Check: Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Campbells
Do You Have To Use Funfetti Cake Mix
Nope! Like I mentioned before, Funfetti Cake Mix is just vanilla cake mix with sprinkles added to it. So, really, you can just add sprinkles to any recipe youd like. So you could add sprinkles to Chocolate Cake Mix, Strawberry Cake Mix or Lemon Cake Mix .
And, if you dont have vanilla cake mix, white cake mix will work just fine! In fact, you can put a little bit of vanilla extract in it if needed!
How Do You Make Cookie Dough Balls With Cake Mix
Add cake mix, eggs, and oil to a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Top with sprinkles if desired, gently pressing them down to help them stick.
Don’t Miss: My Slice Of The Pie
How To Make Cookie Bars From Cake Mix
- PREPARE BAKING DISH:Greasing or line with parchment paper.
- MIX INGREDIENTS TOGETHER:In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, butter, eggs, vanilla extract and sprinkles until combined.
- BAKE:13-16 minutes. Cookie bars will be soft when you take them out of the oven.
- LET COOL:once cooled, frost, top with sprinkles, cut into squares. Enjoy!
Can You Eat Box Cake Mix Raw
Cake batter should never be consumed uncooked, regardless of whether it is handmade or purchased from a store.- If you have a health condition, dont eat uncooked cake batter, warns the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.The dangerous bacteria found in uncooked cake batter can cause serious health concerns in certain people.
- Baking and heating uncooked batter kills microorganisms that would otherwise be present in the meal.
You May Like: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie
These Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars Are
- Colorful and fun..who doesnt love sprinkles. Am I right?!
- Soft, chewy, buttery and resemble a thick sugar cookie.
- Easier to bake than a cake! You could stick candles in these cookie bars and youll have a perfect Birthday treat!
- Customizable to your needs. Cut these cookie bars into small squares for bite sized treats or larger squares for more of a generous serving size.
Make Meal Planning Easy
I am a big fan of Eat At Home Meal Plans. Are you stressed about the cost of eating out or trying to decide what to make for dinner each night? Sign up for the plans, and get access to 4 separate meal plans each month . Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. Dont worry, there are so many options, even picky eaters will find something they like.
When it is time for dinner, make that nights recipe and you are all set.
I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
Also Check: Shepherd’s Pie With Campbell’s Tomato Soup
What Is The Best Way To Store Leftover Kiss Cookies
Because these cookies are frosted, I recommend keeping them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You will also need to keep them in a single layer because of the frosting.
The easiest way to do this is to place them in casserole dishes preferably ones with an airtight lid. If they dont have lids that make them stackable for space saving you can use the press & seal wrap instead. Not only does it do a good job at keeping things airtight but it stays firm enough for light stacking.
Why This Recipe Works
Lots of Mix-In Options Add anything from chocolate to dried fruits. They are so flavorful and taste great with other ingredients too.
Fast and Easy Make a batch of cookies in just 20 minutes. How easy is that?
Frugal With only five ingredients, you dont have to worry about spending a bunch of money. The total recipe will run you about $4 the first time and about $1- 1.50 the second or third time.
Don’t Miss: Jym Protein Banana Cream Pie
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Ingredients
- Funfetti Cake Mix Pillsbury has the official Funfetti Cake mix, but you can use any rainbow sprinkle cake mix to make these funfetti cookies. You dont need to add anything to the cake mix other than what we list in this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil I like to use vegetable oil for these Funfetti Cake Mix cookies, but you can use coconut oil if desired.
- Eggs Two large eggs will do the trick for this recipe.
- Sprinkles See the recipe tip below for why I like to use extra sprinkles in this recipe.
Aside from the ingredients, there are a few tools you need to make this recipe. You will need a large bowl, a baking sheet, a spatula or wooden spoon, and a cooling rack. Those are the basics. A few tools that make this recipe even easier are parchment paper or silicone mats and a cookie scoop. I love using silicone mats because they make clean up so easy!
What Is The Best Cake Mix For Cookies
2 Packages of 17.5 oz, each Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie Mix EXCELLENT Short-cut to the FUN part of baking Quickly make Gingerbread Houses, Gingerbread Men, Women, and Various Ornaments Make gifts for friends, Thank yous for Postal carriers and other service providers, and a taste of the holidays ANYTIME of the year
You May Like: Ball Canning Apple Pie Filling
How To Make Funfetti Cookies With Funfetti Cake Mix Groupersandwichcom
When combining the cake mix, oil, and eggs, make sure to combine them thoroughly.If desired, extra sprinkles can be placed on top of the ice cream.After the batter has been moistened, combine all of the ingredients until everything is well-combined.
- To create 1 inch cookies, roll out the dough and press it into balls with a 1 inch cookie scoop.
- Add additional sparkles or roll the dough into it to make it even more shriekingly delicious.
- After baking, it is advised to allow for a 10- to 15-minute drying interval.
Can You Just Add Sprinkles To Cake Batter
- If the cake is still spherical, you may just mix the sprinkles into the cake batter after it has been folded in.
- To make a 2-inch or 3-inch cake box, use 2 teaspoons of cake mix and 1 tablespoon of sprinkles per 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Because of the flour, the sprinkles will float on top of the batter rather than sink to the bottom of it, ensuring that they are uniformly coated and do not become stuck.
Also Check: Nothing Bundt Cakes San Marcos
Can You Freeze Cookie Dough Made From A Mix
- Hers is a log-shaped log of cookie dough wrapped in plastic and formed as a log.
- After that, slice and bake according to your specifications.
- In order to fill their whole bag, as Elizabeth explains, place the new cookie dough in, distribute it around, and then cut approximately 1-inch deep across the top with a knife. After that, you may put your remaining goods in the freezer so that you can use them later.