Impossibly Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- 1cupHeavy whipping cream
- 2chunksUnsalted butterFor the crust
- 2cupsFlourFor the crust
- 1tbspsaltFor the crust
- You can start by using 2 forks to cut the chicken into small bites pieces
- Set that aside and start preparing all the vegetables
- Thinly slice 8 ounces of mushrooms
- Set that aside and start cutting a medium onion into small pieces
- Thinly slice 2 medium carrots
- Mince 3 large garlic gloves
- Once all of this is done chop ¼ fresh parsley
- Switch the stove and in a large pot add 2 knobs of unsalted butter + diced onion and carrots
- Saute those together until the vegetables are soft
- Add the mushrooms + minced garlic
- Add of Bisquick mince + 1 cup of heavy whipping cream – keep mixing until the gravy is consistent
- Add 2 tbsp of Salt and pepper to your taste
- Add the chicken + 1 cup of frozen peas + ¼ of fresh Parsley
- Bake it at 400°F/200°C for 40 minutes
- Crust Instruction: Add 2 tbsp of butter into a bowl
- Mix 2 cups of flour with 1 tbsp of salt
- Once this is done add 5 tsp of cold water
- Keep mixing until it forms a nice dough ball
- Beat 1 whole egg and pass it on top before putting intothe oven
- Heat oven to 200C/180C and bake it for 20 minutes
Ways To Use Leftover Pot Pie
Divide into individual portions and refrigerate and/or freeze for future quick and easy meals.
If you’ve made this Lightened UP Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pot Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on , , and for the latest updates.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my or other , I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Tips For Making Chicken Pot Pie With Cream Of Chicken Soup
Since you are using a lot of premade things, I think that it is important to make it your own. For example:
- Some of the unique vegetable blends they have out can make it different
- Even incorporate a little cream cheese into the sauce for extra creamy consistency or maybe a little sour cream
- Sauté a few mushrooms, onions, shallots or fresh garlic and add that to your filling.
- In addition, try adding some fresh herbs to brighten up the dish.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Don’t Miss: American Pie 2 Online Free
Cooking Notes Additions & Substitutions
- Chicken: This is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. Leftover rotisserie chicken or a package of pre-cooked cubed chicken would also work I think canned chicken would even work. Turkey would also taste great in this pot pie recipe.
- Vegetables: If youve got leftover cooked vegetables, use them instead of the frozen vegetables. Feel free to swap out for a different variety. To bulk this recipe up I often increase the amount of vegetables I use to 2 to 2.5 cups.
- Milk: To keep this pot pie lower in Weight Watchers points opt for low fat or skim milk. If you’d like to make this recipe dairy-free, replace the milk with your favorite dairy free alternative such as almond, oat or cashew milk. They have a neutral flavor but similar texture, so they won’t affect the filling consistency.
- Original Bisquik baking mix is a staple in my pantry. If you prefer, here is a recipe for making DIY Bisquick from scratch.
- Soup: The recipe calls for a can of cream of chicken soup. I always opt for the Healthy Request soups which are lower in sodium and fat. If you are not a fan of canned soups you could always make your sauce from scratch using butter, flour, milk and chicken broth.
- Season up the base chicken/veggie mixture with your favorite blend of dried herbssage, basil, oregano, thyme or dill will bump all up the flavor quotient.
- Sprinkle the top of the crust with a little shredded cheese in the last 5 minutes of baking.
Serving chicken pot pie
Tips For A Perfect Chicken Pot Pie
- To make it easier, we have used commercial shortbread, a trusted brand. But if you want to do the whole process, dont hesitate to follow our homemade salty shortcrust dough recipe . You will have an even more yummy homemade cake.
- A cake full of flavor, accompanied by the crunchy shortcrust pastry top. Dont tell me we want to prepare it at home. Without further ado we will have a complete plate and more than good, surely you will repeat.
- As an accompaniment to this chicken pie or pie , it is usually served with the typical steamed vegetables that the English are so fond of. As are peas and carrots and of course with the classic mashed potato. Another idea would be to accompany our cake with a salad or a light starter since the dish is quite satisfying and can be perfectly served as a single dish. It can also be made in individual souffle molds.
- Although I have prepared the recipe in the simplest way, we can always add other vegetables such as mushrooms or peas. Aromatize the sauce with other liqueurs or use the aromatic herbs that we like the most. All options are valid. It even admits a variant like the one I present on the blog, chicken and rice cake , a tasty dish, a little more balanced than the traditional one.
If you liked the post-chicken pot pie recipe with bisquick you can share it on your favorite social networks , you have different icons to click. Every day there will be new recipes and tricks for you, Follow us on Facebook @buzzrecipes12
Don’t Miss: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
This Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie is loaded with savory flavor. Its also impossibly easy to throw together, thanks to the magical Bisquick crust I really love Bisquick recipes so much.
The creamy homemade sauce is the perfect base for the pot pie filling and I love that the recipe doesnt use soup as the base.
The Bisquick topping is a welcome change from a traditional pot pie crust. It kind of reminds me of a cross between chicken pot pie and chicken and dumplings.
This recipe is delicious and satisfying comfort food that youll want on your dinner table when the weather turns cold. Its kid tested and approved, too, so its a great family friendly recipe.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Video
I dont know about you, but on rainy, gloomy days, I crave something warm and comforting. This homemade chicken pot pie does just the trick!
I like to think of this EASY chicken pot pie as my own simplified version of the comforting, cozy childhood favorite that my mom served to our family on a regular basis when I was growing up.
It was one of our most-requested cool weather dinners and Im now continuing that tradition with my family but with much less work on my part! Plus, simple recipes like MY chicken pot pie recipe allow me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with the ones that I love.
And although homemade pot pie might not be as convenient as store-bought, believe me when I say it is so worth it! And once you try this pot pie recipe, youll never turn back!
Recommended Reading: How To Make Apple Pie Spice
Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 quarts water
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 Veg-All original mixed vegetables with liquid
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, the water that chicken was cooked in.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Bisquick the original
- 1 1/4 cup milk
Cut up chicken, place in a Dutch Oven or large baking pan, add water.
Cook in a 350 F. oven about 1 1/2 hours or until done.
Chicken will be tender and start to pull away from the bone.
Remove skins and bones from chicken and discard.
Mix together soups, salt, and broth.
Stir in vegetables and chicken.
Stir together Bisquick and milk just until the consistency of pancake batter.
Do not over stir.
Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
Pour just enough of batter in pan to coat bottom.
This will be your bottom crust.
Pour in the chicken mixture.
Pour remaining batter over the chicken.
Top with slices of butter.
Bake in a preheated 350 F. oven for 35-40 minutes until the crust is done and golden brown.
Cool 15 minutes before serving.
This Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie can be served as a complete meal without a salad because it contains many vegetables.
However, it is really good served witha side of cranberry sauce.
Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie takes a classic pot pie recipe and turns it into fast dinner you can enjoy any night of the week!
Tender chicken and vegetables are baked in a creamy sauce and topped with a buttery biscuit crust.
Chicken pot pie has always been one of my go-to comfort foods, especially in the winter! Who can pass up a creamy comforting meal like this? I know I cant!
When I am looking for a quick dinner option, homemade chicken pot pie has never been something I thought about making during my busy schedule. This a delicious and quick biscuit chicken pot pie recipe changes that, it can be on the table in just 35 minutes.
Making chicken pot pie from scratch takes a lot of time because you have to make the sauce, make the dough, simmer everything and then bake it. This chicken pot pie recipe uses a couple of shortcuts to eliminate all of the tedious steps while producing a delicious dinner option!
Read Also: Whole Foods Vegan Apple Pie
Recommendations For Making Campbells Chicken Pot Pie
The key component is to have pre cooked chicken on hand. Here are some easy ways to plan ahead.
- Get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I find Sams and Costco have the biggest bang for your buck.
- You can use the extra to make another pot pie to freeze for another day or keep it for a different meal during the week.
- Likewise, the next time you make a chicken, chicken breast etc. throw in a few extra and freeze for another meal and pull it out the night before.
- They also just have frozen chicken that you can buy for a quick recipe.
How To Make Impossible Chicken Pot Pie Step By Step
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients
Ready to make the chicken pot pie
Step 2: Combine vegetables, chicken and soup mix in an ungreased glass/ceramic pie plate.
Adding the pot pie ingredients to a pie dish
Step 3: Stir together Bisquick baking mix, egg and milk until blended.
Mixing the pot pie topping
Step 4: Pour over the chicken and vegetables in the pie plate.
Ready to bake chicken pot pie
Step 5: Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
Fresh baked impossibly easy chicken pot pie
Read Also: 32 Inch Pie Cut Lazy Susan
Why Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie is a favorite family staple because it is quick, flaky, creamy, warm and so very sensational. Pot pie is seriously a hug in the form of food.
- Prepare Oven: First, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix: Second, in a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, soup, vegetables, and House Seasoning then transfer to a pie dish.
- Topping: Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine baking mix, egg, milk, cheese and melted butter.
- Pour : Finally, pour mixture over top of chicken mixture and spread in an even layer.
- Bake: Lastly, bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
LOVE EASY RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Weeknights are busy! We have to run the kids to practices or work late or go to the gym … or do any number of other things that consume our time. Instead of picking up fast food on the way home, try our Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie. If you have your ingredients on hand ahead of time, you can get this hearty meal on the table in about 40 minutes. This Chicken Pot Pie combines in a pie plate a can of cream of chicken soup, your favorite frozen vegetable blend and cooked chicken. Then mix Smith’s Milk with an egg and some Bisquick and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Only a half hour in the oven and you have a home-cooked, Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie that tastes like it took you hours to prepare!
You May Like: Quick And Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients In This Super Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This recipe is often called Impossible Chicken Pie because with a Bisquick crust this recipe is impossibly easy.
The ingredients are straightforward and uncomplicated. Youll need Bisquick, milk and one egg for the crust.
The filling is made up of chicken, frozen mixed veggies, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and green onions.
One great thing about homemade chicken pot pie is that you can easily tweak the recipe depending on what you have in your fridge! No chicken? Add leftover turkey. And any variety of frozen veggies will work just fine. So many options to make this an easy, fridge-friendly recipe that your family and/or guests will love!
How Do I Thicken My Pot Pie Filling
Were using flour as the thickener for the pot pie filling in the recipe. Since the filling is assembled on the stove for this dish, it already simmers and thickens before going in the oven.
That means that if you think its not as thick as youd like, you can always mix a bit more flour and water together, then whisk it into the filling, and let it simmer to thicken until you reach your desired consistency.
If you like a really thick filling, you may want to wait 20 30 minutes after it comes out of the oven to serve it. Letting the pot pie cool for a bit will help the filling set.
To keep a chicken pot pie from being runny, its also important to thaw your vegetables before using them. So, if you decide to use frozen mixed vegetables instead of fresh vegetables, its important to make sure theyre thawed first.
Also Check: Boston Market Chicken Pot Pie