Holiday Ice Cream Cake Ideas
- Halloween Ice Cream Cake | Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Halloween colored sprinkles and jimmies, Chocolate Cookie Crust + Middle Layer of Chocolate Ganache. If desired, tint the Vanilla ice cream orange!
- Thanksgiving Ice Cream Cake | Pumpkin Vanilla Pumpkin Ice Creams Golden Oreo Cookie Crust or Spice Cookie Crust Caramel toppings
- Eggnog Ice Cream Cake | Eggnog ice cream & Vanilla Ice Cream Blonde OR Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust Caramel or Fudge Toppings and layering, perfect for the holidays when Egg Nog abounds!
- Chocolate-Peppermint Ice Cream Cake | Peppermint, Vanilla and White Chocolate Ice Creams- Layered with Crushed peppermints and white chocolate chips with chocolate crushed cookies layer and chocolate cookie crust. Perfect for Christmas and New Year.
I would love to hear how you layered your mud pie! Comment below the recipe.
Ice Cream Cake Recipe
ice cream cake recipe | ice cream bread recipe | vanilla ice cream cake with detailed photo and video recipe. basically a baked cake recipe prepared with just 3 ingredients, i.e melted ice cream, all purpose flour and baking powder. it is a simple and hassle free cake recipe which can be easily used for occasions like birthday or even anniversaries.
ice cream cake recipe | ice cream bread recipe | vanilla ice cream cakespongy vanilla ice cream bread
to be honest, i am not a huge fan of ice cream cake recipe but i have to admit it is one of the simplest eggless cake recipes. the main advantage of ice cream bread recipe is there isnt much hassle to prepare the cake batter. in this recipe i have added maida and baking powder to the melted vanilla ice cream. but if you have self raising flour, you can totally skip the baking powder and salt making it even more easier. in other words, self raising flour is the combination of maida and baking powder + salt with proper quantities.
Make The Confetti Cake
Prep Oven & Pans: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare two 9×13-inch baking pans with parchment paper in the bottom and spray the sides.
Combine Dry Ingredients: Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set the mixture aside.
Beat Butter & Sugars: Beat the butter and sugars together just until theyre combined and smooth.
Add Egg: Add the egg and mix until well combined.
Add Vanilla & Milk: Add the vanilla extract and milk and mix until well combined. The batter will look a little curdled.
Add Dry Ingredients: Add the flour mixture and mix just until well combined.
Add Batter to Pans: Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. I use a food scale for precision, but you could measure it out with cups as well. Spread the batter evenly itll be VERY thin.
Add Sprinkles & Bake: Sprinkle about two tablespoons of sprinkles on top of each cake, so 4 tablespoons total. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let Cool: Allow the cakes to cool mostly in the pan, then turn them out onto a cooling rack thats large enough to fully support them . Youll want to line the cooling rack with parchment paper and lightly spray the parchment with nonstick baking spray so the cake doesnt stick. The tops of the cakes will end up being the outside of the ice cream sandwiches and ideally theyll look nice, so you dont want them to stick to the parchment paper.
Recommended Reading: Made In Texas Pecan Pie
Plan Ahead To Make Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream
Anyway, about this Cake Batter Ice Cream: yes, you have to plan ahead a bit and, yes, you will need an ice cream maker. The ice cream itself is not hard to make its seriously a stir and pour operation! but, it does need time to churn and harden in the freezer.
But, I promise you its all worth it because when you can make your own creamy smooth ice cream at home instead of dishing out the bucks to get it at the ice cream shop you will be very happy! Plus, theres nothing better than homemade ice cream during the summer.
I mean, how cute is that ice cream cone with sprinkles?? This Cake Batter Ice Cream is smooth and rich and tastes just like the one made at Cold Stone Creamery. When the hubby tried it he was surprised how creamy it is apparently, the homemade ice cream he had growing up always had ice crystals, which isnt good! So, he loved this creamy smooth ice cream and I know youre going to love it, too.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Tips:
- Freeze the bowl and beaters I place my mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping the cream to help whip it quicker.
- Add more sprinkles We love adding sprinkles. If you are making it for someone special, mix in their favorite color of sprinkles.
- Quality ingredients This recipe requires minimum ingredients, it is best to use high quality ingredients. Vanilla is a key ingredients. Make sure you use quality vanilla extract.
- Do not overmix- Be careful to not overmix the heavy cream. You want to only combine until you start to see peaks form.
- Cake Pieces If you prefer you can mix in cake pieces after you ice cream is frozen.
- Heavy cream is best While it can be tempting to swap this for milk, it will not taste the same. Heavy whipping cream makes the ice cream base rich and creamy.
- Serve between two cookies Just scoop some of the ice cream between two cookies or graham crackers. Place back in the freezer and store. It is another tasty way to enjoy this ice cream.
Read Also: Pie Shaped Lift Top Coffee Table
How To Make The Best Ice Cream Cake:
1. Prepare the cake: Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add sour cream, milk, oil and vanilla beat on medium speed. Stir in boiling water . Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
2. Allow cake to cool completely.
3. Top with fudge sauce and ice cream. Spread a thin layer of hot fudge sauce over the top of the cake. Allow ice cream to soften on the counter for 10-15 minutes and then spoon it onto the cake, and spread into an even layer.
4. Freeze for several hours , until ice cream is firm.
5. Serve: top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
How Do You Make Cake Batter Ice Cream
You are going to need an ice cream maker to make this ice cream but that is the only special equipment that youll need. Other than that, its just time.
Homemade cake batter ice cream does take some time to make so youll want to plan in advance. The ice cream mixture needs to chill before you churn it any then it needs to freeze. I usually make it the day before I want to serve it.
And if youve ever been intimidated by homemade ice cream , this is a great first recipe to try! Its super easy and made with no eggs.
Step #1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread cake mix onto a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Step #2: Whisk together heavy cream, milk, sugar, cake mix, salt and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step #3: Once chilled, freeze ice cream according to your ice cream maker manufacturers instructions. When there is about 5 minutes left, slowly add in the crushed Oreos a little at a time until they are all incorporated.
Step #4: Spoon 1/3 of ice cream into a freezer safe container, sprinkle 1/3 of sprinkles on top, top with another 1/3 of ice cream and another third of the sprinkles. Repeat once more with remaining ice cream and sprinkles. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Serve.
Now that you know how easy it is to make your own ice cream, here are some more Homemade Ice Cream Recipes youve got to try:
Recommended Reading: One Peanut Butter Pie Bars
How To Make Cookie Crust Without A Food Processor
No food processor? No problem, working in several batches, place your cookies in a heavy duty plastic ziplock baggie. Using a rolling pin or heavy bottomed bottle, smash your cookies until they resemble coarse crumbs, rolling if needed, then pour into mixing bowl and add melted butter and stir to combine.
Sandwich The Ice Cream Between The Cake Layers
. We use the Cuisinart Compressor Ice Cream Gelato Maker. Grab your Cuisinart ice cream maker 14 plump ripe strawberries some maple syrup milk and heavy cream. If you want the toppings to be fully incorporated and cohesively mixed in the ice cream like the rainbow sprinkles add them in during the last few minutes of the freezing process.
Chill 10 to 15 minutes to let crust harden. It doesnt even require an ice cream maker. How long does it take to churn ice cream in a Cuisinart ice cream maker.
More about cuisinart lemon ice cream recipes HOMEMADE LEMON ICE CREAM RECIPE – ON SUTTON PLACE. 1 pint heavy whipping cream 12 cup sugar 1 cap vanilla 1 cup dry yellow cake box mix or any other flavor 1 cup milk Sprinkles. Top with cool whip garnish with chocolate sauce.
In a large bowl place milk whipping cream sugar salt and vanilla. This super-creamy no-churn ice cream is oh-so-easy to make at home. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
DIRECTIONS Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. Stir in cake mix making sure there are. Ingredients 4 large egg yolks ¾ cup granulated sugar 1 ½ cups whole milk 1 ½ cups heavy cream 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon cake batter extract or butter extract 1 cup crumbled yellow cake homemade or store-bought ¾ cup rainbow sprinkles.
Whisk to combine or use a mixer on low speed. Add to your ice-cream machine. I have had a long history with the stuff trust me.
Pin On Food Recipes
Read Also: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Order Online
What Makes Ice Cream Taste Like Cake Batter
Heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk are the basis of any no-churn ice cream, whether its something as simple as Cheesecake Ice Cream or chockfull of stuff like Butter Pecan Fudge Swirl Ice Cream. Heavy cream is whipped to stiff peaks and sweetened condensed milks is folded in to give you an ice cream base that doesnt require any cooking or churning in an ice cream maker.
But its those extra ingredients that make it taste like funfetti cake batter without cake mix unsalted butter, vanilla extract, salt, and, of course, rainbow sprinkles!
Strawberry Crunch Cake Recipe Tips And Notes
- Use room temperature eggs. This will help your ingredients to incorporate smoothly. If you havent had time to let your eggs come to room temperature, simply place them in a bowl of warm water for five minutes before adding to the strawberry crunch cake batter.
- Where to find freeze dried strawberries: most grocery stores carry freeze dried strawberries, and they are usually located in the aisle with snacks or other dried fruit, like raisins. You can also order them online from Amazon here.
- For a shortcut version, you can use a boxed strawberry cake mix for the cake, and a container of store bought vanilla frosting. The crunch topping is essential though, so youll need to make that from scratch!
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Swanson Pot Pies
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 After frosting, enjoy a downpour! Sprinkle frosted cake cones with any of the following: breakfast cereal, animal crackers, dried fruit, candy sprinkles, crushed hard candies, graham cracker crumbs, granola, mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- tip 2 Vary the flavor of your ice cream cone cupcakes by using other varieties of Betty Crocker Cake Mix. You could also try different flavors of flat-bottom cones.
- tip 3 Help steady Ice Cream Cone Cakes on a serving plate by putting a small amount of frosting on the cone bottom lightly press cone onto plate.
Cake Batter Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Cream Heavy cream whips really well and will hold its shape for longer than other creams, so its best not to substitute this. If you are in a pinch you can use heavy whipping cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Condensed milk adds sweetness to the ice cream and it also softens it to allow for easy scooping. To make your ice cream less sweet you can use low fat or fat free.
- Yellow Cake Mix Use your favorite cake mix to make this no churn ice cream really come alive!
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Key Lime Pie
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Again its cake batter ice cream, enough said! Seriously though I have such a large affinity for cake batter, I am the one who still loves to lick the beaters.
The first time I tried this Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter ice cream, was almost magical. One thing I knew without a doubt when I tried this ice cream for the first time, was that the cake mix was used Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix. This recipe will not taste right if you use another type of cake batter. Usually, I dont recommend specific brands, but here I do.
How Long Does Homemade Ice Cream Last
The ice cream will keep covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Make sure the ice cream is well covered.
I also like to place a piece of wax paper directly on the ice cream. This helps to prevent ice crystals from forming and keeps the ice cream fresh. You can then place the regular cover on top of the container.
This double method seems to work great and results in really fresh ice cream every time.
Also Check: Nothing Bundt Cakes Stockton Ca
Taste Like Birthday Cake:
This recipe is a must try for anyone that love Birthday Cake. The vanilla ice cream base is perfect with just the right amount of flavor.
You will love this Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream. It taste just like cake with the added Funfetti Cake Mix. It almost is like eating cake batter ice cream.
The super creamy mixture is why we love making it at home instead of having store bought ice cream. I hope you give this a try. It is super easy without any special tools or ice cream maker needed.
Make it today for a great treat your entire family will love. Everyone will love enjoying a bowl of ice cream packed with all the flavor of Birthday Cake. It is fabulous.
How To Customize An Ice Cream Cake
The best part about ice cream cake is that its so simple to customize with endless flavor options.
I like to use store-brought ice cream for the obvious reason that it makes this recipe that much easier to throw together. But also, because you can buy any flavor of ice cream making it that much easier to change the flavors.
However, my favorite was to customize the ice cream is to add my own mix-ins. So for this recipe, I added chocolate cake into the ice cream, but here are a few other suggestions, think of it like the menu at Cold Stone, the options are endless!
- Crushed cookies: Oreos, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, you name it.
- Candies: M& Ms, Kit Kats, Snickers, gummy worms, you get the idea.
- Nuts, sprinkles or chocolate chips
Recommended Reading: Quick Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
What Is Birthday Cake Ice Cream Made Of
You will be so surprised that this ice cream on requires 6 ingredients. The Heavy Whipping cream that is added makes the ice cream so creamy. Sweetened Condensed Milk is added to bring out the sweetness.
For the cake batter taste, butter is added. Make sure you melt it before adding it to the mixture. Vanilla extract to bring at that warm flavoring. We like to purchase good quality vanilla extract.
We add in sprinkles and Funfetti Cake Mix to combine all the flavors together.
From Scratch Melted Vanilla Ice Cream Pound Cake
Today I made a pound thats made with melted vanilla ice cream. Ice cream has the same rich and creamy properties that milk or whipping cream does. It yields a pound cake with a small crumb and tender texture.
As well, from Scratch Melted Vanilla Ice Cream Pound Cake has that crusty outside that everyone loves. I typically make pound cakes in a tube pan so that the top stays on top and stays crusty. With a bundt cake, you end up displaying it with the top turned down which messes up that crusty top.
That is my one regret with this cake. I wish I had baked it in my old favorite tube pan.
Also Check: Milk Bar Crack Pie Name Change
Oreo Dump Cake Butter With A Side Of Bread
May 23, 2022 · Ingredients for Oreo Cake. Oreo cookies: You will need 1 package of Oreo cookies. These will be used for the cake, and the cookie crumbles on top. Condensed milk: You will need to use 1 can of sweetened condensed milk for this recipe. Cool whip: To add a delicious layer of flavor, you will need 1 8-ounce sized tub of cool whip. Marshmallow cream: Use 1 cup of