Diamond Of California Nut Pie Crusts
Century-old producer of specialty nuts Diamond of California has introduced what the company says is the first ready-to-use nut pie crusts available on grocery shelves nationwide, as well as the categorys first-ever crusts made with farm-grown tree nuts instead of pressed cookie crumbs. Diamonds recipe pulses pecans or walnuts into a fine powder for a moist, crumbly, flavor-packed crust containing a minimal amount of natural, nutritious ingredients, chief among them nuts. The walnut crust is chewy, bold and rich in flavor, and adds a layer of crunch to any filling, while the pecan crust is naturally buttery and slightly sweet, lending a caramel-like flavor to any pie. Either 6-inch crust retails for a suggested $3.99.
How To Make The Best Turtle Pie
Homemade salted caramel sauce is the key to our incredible turtle pie. One batch of caramel sauce makes enough sauce to use in the filling, plus additional sauce for drizzling over the top of the pie!
Once the caramel sauce is ready, we make an easy caramel mousse that becomes our filling. Unflavored powdered gelatin helps set the filling for easy slicing and serving. If youve never worked with gelatin, its a breeze simply add the gelatin to cold water, whisking to combine. Let it stand for 3 minutes , then add to your warm caramel sauce, whisking until dissolved and smooth.
To complete the mousse, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks, then gently fold in the caramel mixture. Transfer the mousse to the Diamond Pecan Nut Pie Crust, then chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator to set the filling. Before serving, top the pie with whipped cream, reserved caramel sauce, and chocolate shavings. Creamy and rich, youll love this no-bake turtle pie!
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- semisweet chocolate shavings
Dark And Stormy Cream Pie In Diamond Pecan Nut Crust
September 4, 2019 by joythebaker
I made my favorite early autumn pie. Im pretty confident it will be your favorite too.
Heres the vibe: a creamy pie with the spice and tang of ginger, a kick of rum, the brightness of lime, the bitterness of dark chocolate, and the nuttiness of toasty pecan in a brilliant nut crust and candied pie topping.
Its a Dark and Stormy Pie and its early autumn perfection. Spicy enough to compliment the hint of cooler temperatures were looking for in the air and still bright and sweet enough to fit these late summer days.
I developed this pie with a particular crust in mind. Diamond of California just launch their ready-made nut pie crusts and they take any hesitation out of pie baking. Their pecan and walnut pie crusts are crispy and flavorful, totally ready to go, and add more fiber and protein to our pies. Its a win all around!
Last week I celebrated Diamond of California in New York by making and sharing this pie with a crown full of people. Find some inspiration and the recipe for this incredible pie below!
Dark and Stormy pie starts with Diamond of Californias Pecan Nut Crust. Though the crust is perfectly crisp, I lined it with melted dark chocolate. I can always make a case for chocolate. In this pie it adds a delicious layer the cream filling and crisp pecan crust. Adding just the right amount of chocolate depth to this sweet and spicy pie.
For the pie youll need:
My favorite thing about this pie: Its NO BAKE!
Also Check: 6 Inch Glass Pie Plate
Why We Love Chocolate Mousse Pie
This is the most requested and loved dessert in the Well Seasoned household, and heres why:
- Store bought pie shell means no fidgeting with pie dough!
- The pie shell is made from a mix of AP flour and ground walnuts adds a slightly nutty flavor that works so well with the chocolate!
- No bake
- Creamy, rice, smooth chocolate mousse filling
- Light as air homemade whipped cream
- A slight crunch from the chocolate shavings on top
We have made and gifted this to friends and family and guys, it is always a winner!
The Best Pecan Pie Recipe
Published: by Emily Bruno Â· This post may contain affiliate links Â·
The Best Pecan Pie Recipe | Sharing tips and tricks to make the best homemade pecan pie recipe with only six classic ingredients. Recipes for homemade pie crust and homemade whipped cream included!
This homemade Pecan Pie Recipe post is long overdue. I don’t want to brag but I’m kind of famous for my pecan pie. When I was 12 or 13, I entered in the county livestock show as a part of my 4H team and won Grand Champion for my pecan pie. I sold that pie for several hundred dollars at the auction.
A decade or so later I entered a cupcake contest in Dallas with a pecan pie cupcake and won that too. Pecan Pie is my dad, my father-in-law, and my husband’s favorite… our love for it runs deep. What I’m saying is: you can trust me when it comes to making the best pecan pie recipe.
And today, I’m finally going to give you that famous, top secret, Grand Champion recipe.
You can find it on the back of the Karo bottle.
Yep. There’s no secrets here. Only six classic ingredients and a simple recipe. Isn’t it amazing the way we can all use the same exact recipe and end up with pies that taste and look completely different?
Don’t Miss: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pie
Chocolate Tuxedo Pie With Pecan Crust
- Chocolate Tuxedo Pie has a scrumptious pecan-graham cracker crust with a smooth cream cheese filling, dotted with bits of luscious chocolate and covered in a jacket of chocolate ganache. This easy to make pie is refrigerated and topped with chopped toasted pecans.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Apple Streusel Pie Tips
- Allow plenty of time for this pie to set up. Once baked, the pie is not very firm. It needs a good 1-2 hours at room temperature to solidify and set up before cutting into the pie and serving.
- Bake the Apple Streusel Pie on a sheet pan. Just in case anything bubbles over, youll want that to be captured on the tray, not at the bottom of your oven!
- Use a hot, sharp knife to make cuts into this pie. Serve and return any leftovers to the fridge. Here are some tips for cutting the perfect slices of pie!
Read Also: Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Campbell’s Soup
How To Make Pecan Crust
Making this no-bake pie crust couldn’t be easier!
First, start by combining your pecans, coconut, sweetener, and salt in the food processor.
Process until fine.
Add the butter, and continue to process until the mixture comes together.
Grease a springform pan, and transfer the mixture to the bottom of the pan. Press it into the bottom and up the sides. Freeze until solid.
Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe
Ingredients1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted1 tsp cinnamon
Step one:Prepare your pecans by soaking them in water with a tablespoon of salt overnight. Okay, okay, you dont have to do this but if you are a health nut like me, youll know that nuts contain substances like phytic acid that interfere with the bodys ability to absorb nutrients. Soaking makes them both easier to digest and more nutritious.
In the morning drain and rinse the pecans. Spread the nuts onto a baking pan and roast for several hours at 170 F degrees until oh so crispy and delicious. Now you may be tempted to just use the nuts from the bag. Dont. Roasting is what really makes this crust.
Step two:Once the nuts are good and dry, get out the blender and mix them with the dates and cinnamon to make a sticky dough.
Step three:Melt the butter or coconut oil and add to the mixture. Stir well.
Step four:Spread the batter into your pie plate and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
PS. You can pair this gluten free pie crust recipe with my favourite chocolate raspberry pie.
Read Also: Damgoode Pies Cantrell
Diamond Of California Ready To Use Pie Crusts
Available in Pecan, Walnut, and Chocolate Nut
Diamond pie crusts provide a satisfying and delicious base for your favorite homemade pies. Enhance the flavors of your favorite pie fillings with our infused pie crusts. The unmistakable quality of Diamond nuts mixed with a number of delectable pie fillings is sure to be a hit at any party, family get-together, or any occasion that calls for a delicious pie.
- Nut pie crusts – because ingredients matter, these start with tree nuts no corn syrup, no artificial flavors
- Premium nut pie crust, fewer ingredients, less sugar, fewer carbohydrates, more protein and more fiber than the other national brands
- High quality tree nuts replace some of the flour and sugar – fewer ingredients, no artificial flavors or sweeteners
- Convenient ready to use nut pie crust, perfect for sweet or savory
Tips For Baking Pecan Pie
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You don’t want to put your pie into a cold oven. If you use my homemade pie crust recipe, you do not need to bake the pie crust beforehand.
- If you find the crust is browning too quickly, you can create a shield out of foil. Cut a hole in the center and only loosely cover the crust.
- Do not take the pie out too soon. You want the filling to get gorgeously brown and caramelized. If you under-bake, the color will remain pale and the flavors will not fully develop. At 40 minutes remaining the pie will look eggy. At 30 minutes remaining it will be starting to brown and thicken. At 20 minutes remaining it will look like hot caramel. And with only 5-10 minutes left it may even look like burnt caramel.
Read Also: Muslim Navy Bean Soup
Diamond Of California + Joy The Baker = The Perfect Pie Event
Because when you talk about pies, people smile
Last week, I went to a Diamond of California® Nut Event where they were showing all of the amazing waysboth sweet and savorythat we can all use their new-to-market ground-breaking seriously awesome new pie crusts. They even had Joy Wilson of Joy The Baker giving a hands on demo of a recipe she created using the Pecan Nut Pie Crustobsessed! Ive loved following her create beautiful baked goods for years now. Guys, I totally fan girled out. No seriously, I cant even. It was like an out of body experience. My out-of-body self was like calm-the-what-down to my actual self who legitimately used the words Im fan girling out right now to Joy in conversation . Oy vey. Well, it was stating the obvious. Her Dark And Stormy Pie recipe and demo did a fantastic job of highlighting the fact that since the crust is once baked before being packaged you can make no bake recipes with them. A dark and stormy is lime, rum, and gingerusually in a cocktail, today in a pie.
This year we wanted to take an outdated category and flip it on its head with a product that would help home cooks bake delicious meals without having to worry about ingredients they cant pronounce. To provide consumers with a fresh alternative, we consciously sourced the highest quality nuts and ingredients and developed a state of the art production process, that has resulted in a delicious product worthy of any new or cherished recipe.
blog post sponsored by
Why Youll Love These Easy Pecan Pie Recipes
Simplicity. You only need 8 ingredients for each type of pie!
Pie filling texture. While each pie is different in taste, they all have one thing in common: an amazing texture. Im talkin nice & toasty pecans on top while the nuts underneath get this chewy, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
The best pie crust. These pies are made with the new nut pie crusts from my friends over at Diamond. Ive been using their nuts for years, so when they asked me to come up with a recipe using their new ready-made pie crusts, I jumped at the chance. The nut crusts baked wonderfully and kept the prep time for each variation of pecan pie super short. Talk about a win-win!
Don’t Miss: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pie
Store Bought Pie Crust Is A Life Saver
This pie wouldnt be no-bake if I had to make the crust myself. Instead, I reached for a walnut pie crust from Diamond of California, one of their new Ready-to-Use Nut Pie Crusts that recently hit markets. Instead of cookie crumbs, the crust is made from tree nuts! These crusts are made with 10 ingredients or less, and are a more nutritious way to pie than traditional cookie crusts.
Oh yeah, and also theyre delicious! And given that walnuts are the main ingredient in this crust, I know it would be perfect in savory preparations as well.
More About Diamond Nut Pie Crust Recipes
GOOEY BUTTER CINNAMON PIE WITH A PECAN CRUST
- Combine the sugars, milk powder, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix on low until blended.
HOW TO MAKE A NUT PIE CRUST | BETTER HOMES & AMP GARDENS
FromEstimated Reading Time
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE – WOOD & AMP SPOON
PECAN PIE – DIAMOND NUTS
FromEstimated Reading Time
5 IDEAS FOR AND RECIPES WITH NUT CRUSTS – FOOD52
FromEstimated Reading Time
ROSEMARY POTATO FRITTATA WITH DIAMOND OF CALIFORNIA NUT CRUST
FromReviewsEstimated Reading Time
DARK AND STORMY CREAM PIE IN DIAMOND PECAN NUT CRUST – JOY …
FromReviewsEstimated Reading Time
APPLE PIE WITH WALNUT CRUST RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
41 BEST NUT PIE CRUST RECIPES IDEAS | PIE CRUST RECIPES …
10 BEST WALNUT PIE CRUST RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH WALNUT PIE CRUST – DIAMOND NUTS
PECAN NUT PIE CRUST » HANGRY WOMAN®
- With a small food processor or a dry blender, begin by pulsing your walnuts to grind them into fine pieces. They dont need to be a flour consistency, just ground down into the tiniest pieces possible.
BLUE DIAMOND WALNUTS RECIPES – ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
Also Check: Pyrex 8 Inch Glass Pie Plate
Apple Streusel Pie Ingredients
- Crust. Were using pecan pie crust, which makes a tasty switch up over traditional crusts. These ready-to-use nut crusts have a buttery-crumbly texture, made with simple, wholesome ingredients , there is no corn syrup, no processing aids, or artificial flavors! And of course, if you prefer, you can use any other prepared crust: graham crackers, cookie crumbs, or even a pre-baked pastry crust.
- Apple pie fruit filling. We use Lucky Leaf® Apple Pie Filling which is a high-quality dessert product with no high-fructose corn syrup. The filling is convenient, versatile, and best of all its tasty!
- Sweetened condensed milk. The only other ingredient that goes into the filling is sweetened condensed milk. This sweetened condensed milk uses real, simple ingredients milk and sugar, and thats it! Their unique process uses real sugar and the natural sugars found in milk to create the perfect base that mixes beautifully with the apple filling. We reserve a little of the sweetened condensed milk to drizzle over the finished pie!
- Beyond those three ingredients, there is a streusel topping, which Ill discuss below!