How To Make Our Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
Then in a large pan, heat the vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
After the oil is hot, throw in the onions, broccoli, cauliflower, and thawed peas to saute them until they become tender. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
Then season the vegetables with salt and pepper to your liking.
When you are done sauting the vegetables, put them in a large bowl with the shredded chicken and set it aside.
Using the same pan, reduce the heat and add the butter to the pot.
Once the butter has melted, stir in the flour and cook it while stirring it constantly to make the roux.
Then carefully whisk in the milk, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and the dried thyme.
When that has all been added, allow the sauce to come to a simmer and let it simmer for about 1 minute to let the sauce thicken up and then add salt and pepper to your liking.
Once the sauce is thick, turn off the heat and put the vegetables and chicken in the pot with the sauce.
Stir everything together until the filling is well combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in a little extra chicken broth or milk until you get the right consistency.
Then pour the filling into a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake it for 18 minutes.
After 18 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and top it off with the 8 biscuits and put it back in the oven for another 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits
468 People Used
Grands! Mini Chicken Pot Pies | Pillsbury Recipe
The BEST Biscuits Ever | Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits
Southern Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust – Organic
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe | Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
45 Canned Pumpkin Recipes That Prove It’s Not Just for PieYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
10 Fun & Easy DIY Flower Crafts For Kids Your browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Rachel Roddy’s gift recipe for stuffed chocolate-coated figsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Thought sourdough was just for bread? These irresistible cake recipes prove otherwiseYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Braised short ribs with vegetablesYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Slow Cooker- Chicken Pot Pie – My Way – Part 2
Grands! Mini Chicken Pot Pies | Pillsbury Recipe – YouTube
Inquiries Related to chicken pot pie grands biscuits That People Also Ask
Users searching chicken pot pie grands biscuits will probably have many other questions related to it. Currently, there are 20 results released and the latest one is updated on 13 Dec 2021. The above search results can partly answer users’ queries, however, there will be many other problems that users are interested in. We list the most common ones below.
How do I save recipes? Where can I find them?
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie made easy! We love this Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie with pre-made biscuits, its a delicious fast way to get dinner on the table.Chicken Pot Pie is one of the best comfort foods around. Our family sure loves it. We are trying to simplify things by taking this classic and giving it a semi-homemade hack by using Grand biscuits. With flavors you know and love, it really doesnt get easier than this.Shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe, and such a time saver. Are you a fan of the rotisserie chicken? I totally am! Sometimes Ill pick up two, shred both of them and then just freeze one. Its always nice to have on hand, especially for recipes like this.
So heres the thingmy first attempt with this recipe, the biscuits did not fully cook. The top half did, but the bottom half of the biscuits were still dough-y. Heres the solution: pre bake the biscuits on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Its helpful to precook the biscuits for half the time and then place them on top of the chicken mixture with the opposite side up to finish baking. This way both sides bake evenly. Because the chicken and veggies are already cooked, its just the biscuits that need to bake completely.
Also Check: How To Use A Pie Iron
How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie:
Just because youre short on time, doesnt mean you cant make scrumptious chicken pot pie with biscuits. You can pick and choose some of the following shortcuts below for an easy dinner win:
- Chicken: swap the raw chicken for shredded rotisserie. I love keeping chicken stocked in the freezer packaged into 3 cup portions.
- Aromatics: substitute the onion and garlic with 1 teaspoon onion powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder added directly to the gravy.
- Frozen vegetables: swap the fresh vegetables for 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables to save time chopping and add to the filling at the end, along with the sautéed chicken.
- Biscuits: use store-bought refrigerated canned biscuits instead of making from scratch.
Can I Freeze This Casserole
You can absolutely prepare this casserole as a freezer meal. There are a couple of ways to do it. You can either freeze only the chicken mixture in a baking dish and add the biscuits the day you bake the casserole, or you can add the biscuits before freezing. If you do add the biscuits before freezing, be sure to thaw the casserole completely before baking.
Also Check: Bean Pie Ingredients
Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
Is there anything more comforting than Chicken Pot Pie? Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie loaded with Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Onions, and Peas in a delicious sauce is truly a comfort food and takes me back to being a child when my Mom would make a traditional family meal.
I wont lie, I love to purchase Chicken Pot Pie from Costco filled with Rotisserie Chicken in a delicious sauce seasoned with herbs. But there is something about making it for yourself at home that I also appreciate and love to do.
I have fine tuned a recipe from my childhood and added what I love to create what I think is the PERFECT Pot Pie Recipe and Im going to walk you through these easy directions Step by Step.
For me, a Pot Pie is loaded in veggies. Feel free to mix and match the veggies you most prefer. Many family prefer to omit peas, and thats okay. Just add more carrots or potatoes to the mix.
How To Make Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie
- In place of the carrots and celery, use 4 cups of frozen mixed veggies to save time chopping.
- Use store-bought refrigerated canned biscuits instead of making homemade biscuits.
- I often use a rotisserie chicken from the store when I make this chicken pot pie. The flavor is delicious and I save time by not having to cook my own chicken. Or, Ill quickly cook a few chicken breasts using my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe.
- If you want to make this pot pie from scratch, you can prep many of the ingredients one day ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to make your pot pie. Chop the vegetables, shred the chicken and make the biscuits ahead and then this recipe comes together really quickly.
Recommended Reading: Gordon Ramsay Key Lime Pie
Mini Chicken Pot Pies In A Muffin Tin With Biscuits
Add a big spoonful of the warm pot pie filling into each crust in the muffin tin. The biscuits expand, so you dont have to be skimpy with the filling. Plus, you want to achieve that rounded mound appearance.
Next, top off each pot pie with the remaining halves of the biscuits! Each mini chicken pot pie consists of one full buttery biscuit YUM! After that, take a fork and press the sides of the mini pot pies together. It is a down and outward press to connect the top and bottom crust.
A very light egg wash over each biscuit helps give it a shiny appearance over the buttery pot pie crust. Its important to just use a little egg wash because it can burn if you use too much. What is an egg wash? Its simply one egg with a splash of water whisked together. This little tip will have the pot pies looking scrumptious as opposed to dry.
More Easy Dinner Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, cut into cubes or rotisserie chicken, or maybe even leftover chicken
- 1 can of condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can of mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands, Southern Style Biscuits
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the cooked chicken, soup, and veggies
- Prepare the muffin tin with non-stick spray
- They peel in half very easily!
How To Make The Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat Oven: First, to make this Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits Recipe, heat oven to 375°F. Next, in medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken and soup mix well.
- Press Out Biscuit: Then press biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. Next, place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Make sure, to firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim.
- Spoon in Filling: Next, spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Then pull edges of dough over filling toward center pleat and pinch dough gently to hold in place.
- Top with Cheese: Sprinkle cheese on top and bake
LOVE QUICK AND EASY RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Read Also: Damgoode Pies Delivery
Easy Chicken Pot Pie With Grands Biscuit Topping
I love one-pot/casserole meals that you can be creative with and Chicken Pot Pie is at the top of my list. Its an easy and great way to use your leftover roasted chicken and stretch it for another complete family meal. Add your favorite veggies and a cream mixture then top it with a flaky pastry crust to transform your leftovers into a comforting, hearty and delicious meal. I use pie crust or refrigerated biscuit dough for the crust. This time I tried it with a thick crust made up of Grands Biscuits, if youre the type that likes a good amount of flaky topping in every bite you will love this version! For this recipe I used leftover chicken and broccoli from the night before, chicken pulled apart into desired bite size pieces, and added cream of soup and additional vegetables to pull it all together.
Please continue to Next Page for the full cooking ingredients and instructions.
Canned Biscuits: The Secret Ingredient To Quick And Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Yup biscuits. Preferably canned biscuits, because it takes less time. I also use cream of chicken soup & mixed vegetables for my chicken pot pie. Using these easy ingredients save me time, and money. So its a win, win!
This easy chicken pot pie with biscuits recipe is one of my family favorites. Although Its made with vegetables, I usually serve it with more veggies on the side.
Recommended Reading: Damgoode Pies Fayetteville
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie With Store Bought Biscuits
Pay attention to which biscuits you choose. Pillsbury Original Grand Biscuits require 21-27 minutes to bake, whereas the Pillsbury Butter Tastin, Southern Homestyle Biscuits require 13-16 minutes. You will want to use the original biscuits because of the longer baking time. The butter biscuits dont allow enough baking time with the pot pie. You may only use the butter biscuits if you bake them separately. To make chicken pot with with Pillsbury ORIGINAL Grand Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes .
- Flip biscuits over and add to the top of the biscuit filling.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the biscuits are deeply golden.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies ~ Grands Biscuits loaded with Chicken, Cheese, & Mixed Veggies! Perfect for busy weeknights with school in full swing!
The kids are back and school and life is getting crazy right? Sports, homework, activities are running your life and you are just trying to keep your head above water and the family as organized as they can get.
Who feels like this?
If you do I have a great post for you today. Its full of back to school dinner ideas! I bet you are looking for fast, easy recipes that fit with your life arent you?
I knew it! Im so good at this. Its like I can read your mind right? Ha. I wish. Well if I could I probably would be writing this blog. Id have super powers and Id be off sunbathing on the beach because well Id be rich.
Luckily for you Im just here to make your life easier and thats how I can read your mind. I promised you Simple, Easy, but Delicious didnt I? Im delivering big time today!
These Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Puffs were inspired by this wonderful Pillsbury recipe Chicken Pot Pie Puffs, but well my husbands motto is everythings better with cheese right? I went with his motto tonight. Im going to say he was totally right on with this one. Shhhh. dont tell him though! It might boost hes ego a little.
Make sure you dont miss any of the fun stuff Julies Eats & Treats is up too!
Also Check: American Pie Summer Camp
Can I Use Store Bought Biscuits
Yes, you can absolutely use store bought biscuits on nights youre running extra low on time or energy, but I highly encourage you to try homemade biscuits at least once. The homemade biscuits are very easy and only take a few extra minutes if you have a food processor.
The trick to using store-bought biscuits is to par-cook them and use the correct biscuits. If you try and bake the biscuits 100% on the pot pie, the bottoms will be extra soggy.
Mom’s Fabulous Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuit Crust
Leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket helps on the ease of preparation of this fabulous comfort style dinner. Fresh vegetables gives this a very special added flavor and is worth the effort. Everyone loves Mom’s Chicken Pot Pie! Serve with a green salad.
Provided by Pam
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|¼ teaspoon dried thyme|
|2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth|
|cup half-and-half cream|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 can refrigerated flaky-style biscuits|
|1 egg yolk, beaten|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the onion, celery, and carrots until the celery and carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas, parsley, thyme and flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour coats the vegetables and begins to fry, about 5 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth and half-and-half, and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and mix in the chicken meat.
- Transfer the chicken, vegetables, and sauce into a 2-quart baking dish. Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with water brush egg yolk on the biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie