Whats In The Chicken Pot Pie With Cream Of Chicken Soup
This pot pie is chock-full of creamy chicken soup, chunks of chicken, carrots, peas, and a flaky crust. Its the perfect comfort food for a chilly day!
Theres a reason why this dish is so popular its absolutely packed with flavor!
Our Chicken Pot Pie with Cream of Chicken Soup is loaded with tender chunks of chicken, carrots, celery, and onions in a rich and creamy sauce. All of this is topped with a flaky puff pastry crust thats sure to please everyone at the table. So if youre looking for a cozy and comforting meal, this is it!
Ways To Customize This Pot Pie
- Use steak or turkey instead of chicken.
- Add a variety of dried herbs like rosemary, basil, and oregano.
- Play around with different vegetables. While I love the mix of carrots, corn, green beans, and peas you could use other frozen vegetables too like lima beans or chopped broccoli.
- Incorporate fresh sliced mushrooms or diced celery into the skillet while youre sautéing the onion.
Can I Add Or Replace Some Ingredients
Yes, you can definitely add or replace some ingredients in this recipe. If you want a thicker soup, you could add another can of cream of chicken soup.
For a more veggie-packed pot pie, feel free to add additional vegetables like carrots, peas, or corn. You could also use different types of cheese in the recipe, such as mozzarella or Swiss.
And if youre not a fan of chicken, you could replace it with turkey or beef. Just be sure to cook the meat until its fully cooked before adding it to the pot pie.
Also, you can serve this dish with a variety of items such as:
Don’t Miss: Docs Pot Pies
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Faq’s
- How to Store Leftovers of Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Leftovers can be stored, in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 4 days. The biscuits will get softer as it sits in the fridge but this has never stopped us from eating leftovers. They’re still yummy!
What Chicken Is Best
I highly recommend chicken thighs for this chicken pot pie soup recipe. I didnt always use chicken thighs for my soup recipes, but once I started, there was NO going back. Chicken thighs are dark meat which means they are inherently juicier, richer tasting and produce far more tender chicken than chicken breasts. They are also harder to overcook and stay tender for days with a more palate pleasing texture, even when reheated for leftovers.
In addition, chicken thighs are browned first which adds an important layer of flavor to the overall soup as all those golden, flavorful bits become part of the broth.
You May Like: Sing And Dance Pinkie Pie
Whats Best To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I love to make this an all out comfort food dinner, so I like to serve with:
Read Also: Campbells Soup Chicken Pot Pies
Do I Need To Thaw The Frozen Vegetables Before Adding Them To Your Slow Cooker
You actually dont! You can easily just add them right into the slow cooker to thaw and cook. The big distinction between using fresh vegetables and frozen veggies is the fact that there is certainly a chance that the frozen veggies can be a bit mushy during the cooking process which is the reason we tend to wait for a little before putting them when you look at the crockpot.
Don’t Miss: The Profit Key Lime
How Do I Make Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Then add the broth and milk.
- Cook, stirring the whole time, until the mixture turns thick and starts to bubble.
- Next, add the chicken, vegetables, onions, seasoning, salt and the pepper.
- Let the mixture sit on low.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put one of the pie crusts into a 9 pie pan.
- Next add the chicken mixture.
- Top the pie with the other pie crust, sealing the crust along the edge, and then put 3-5 small slits in the top of the crust.
- Place the pie into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes I like to place the dish on a pizza pan just in case it over flows.
- Let the pie stand for a few minutes before serving.
- Cut into 8 slices.
- Place any leftovers in the refrigerator.
After you melt the butter, then slowly stir in the flour, it will be very thick, but the broth and the milk make the thickness just right.
Then you can use whatever frozen vegetables you like. I used the broccoli, cauliflower, and the carrots, simply because my son will not eat peas to save the planet.
I also used canned chicken because I was in a hurry, as I signed up to make masks for an Air Force Base that is close by.
You can also use frozen pearl onions, , but I didnt have any, so I went with the dehydrated onions.
And as far as the seasoning goes, if you have poultry seasoning go ahead and add a teaspoon, if you do not, I used a teaspoon of better than bouillon, dissolving it in with the broth.
Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie
This chicken pot pie includes the creamiest filling and a store-bought crust. Its delicious comfort food the whole family will love! And its easy enough to make on a weeknight!
Update: This recipe was originally published in 2016 and has been republished with all new photos.
When my son was small I made this pot pie almost weekly. Its a surprisingly easy recipe that looks like it should have taken a lot more work than it does. The secret? Were using a pre-made crust. Yes, you can make your own crust from scratch but this chicken pot pie is designed to be so simple you can make it any night of the week. That means were using a store-bought crust and instead focusing our energy and creating the creamiest filling ever!
Oh that pie filling. It is really creamy and super flavorful. Its packed with veggies and lots of chicken. Plus it includes garlic and onion sautéed in butter. If you walk in my house on any given day and it doesnt smell like garlic then something has gone horribly wrong. Really. Call 911.
If youre familiar with my recipes then youll notice a few things about the ingredients right away. This recipe calls for all purpose flour and heavy whipping cream. Say what?! Those are two ingredients I dont use often but when I do it has to be special. And it is! As I remade this pot pie to see if it stands the test of time I discovered that it really truly does and I wouldnt change a thing. So yes, the flour and cream stay.
For this recipe youll need :
Don’t Miss: Church’s Chicken Salt Lake City
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Easy Chicken Pot Pie Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Easy Turkey Pot Pie
Easy chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup. Campbell S Condensed 98 Fat Free Cream Of Chicken Soup 10 5 Oz Can Easy Chicken Pot Pie Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup With Pie Chips Sprinkle Some Fun Easy Campbells Chicken Pot Pie My Turn For Us. Mix drained can of veggies can of cream of potato soup cream of chicken soup chicken and ¼ cup milk. Olive oil onion pie crust garlic salt milk cream of chicken soup and 5 more Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Pot Pie Adventures Of A Nurse garlic powder heavy cream pepper chicken breast water frozen mixed vegetables and 7 more.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Add in the celery chicken vegetables pepper both soup containers and milk. Remove from heat and stir in salt pepper.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with 1 pie crust. Sauce the onion and garlic until tender.
Campbell S Condensed 98 Fat Free Cream Of Chicken Soup 10 5 Oz Can Easy Chicken Pot Pie Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup With Pie Chips Sprinkle Some Fun Easy Campbells Chicken Pot Pie My Turn For Us. Stir the soup 12 cup milk vegetables and chicken in a 9-inch pie plate or ovenproof skillet. Heat the oven to 400F.
While the oven is heating stir the soup milk thyme vegetables and chicken in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Stir the soup milk chicken and vegetables in a medium bowl. In a large mixing bowl combine frozen veggies cooked chicken cream of chicken soup milk and shredded cheddar.
Chicken Pot Pie Bubble Up Recipes Chicken Recipes Cooking Recipes
Campbells Chicken And Rice
Campbells chicken and rice is one of my go-to chicken casserole recipes for busy weeknights. It assembles in a handful of minutes with no fuss and ingredients straight from the pantry. Youll love how quickly and easily youll get dinner on the table with this recipe.
I adore chicken and rice recipes. Theyre comforting and wholesome and my entire family loves them! So, of course, I make them often and have quite a few versions to mix things up a bit!
This is the easiest one I make! Its a great recipe to add to your dinner rotation. One of the best parts of this recipe is a one-pan meal!
Like all good chicken recipes such as instant pot chicken and rice and chicken broccoli rice casserole, this is a versatile recipe. You can add your own twist on it by adding veggies or cheese to customize it for your family.
Lets make some dinner!
Also Check: The Profit Key Lime Pie Update
Small Chicken And Stuffing Cups
Delight your loved ones using these scrumptious small chicken and stuffing cups baked inside a muffin-pan! Each is stuffed with a wonderful mixture of chicken, stuffing, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese and cranberry sauce. You won& #39t have the ability to resist the incredible flavor, and on top of that, they& #39re up for grabs in only 40 minutes!
Recipe by Campbell& #39s Kitchen
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 For a pretty finish to the crust, brush it with an egg wash and sprinkle lightly with a coarse salt.
- tip 2 Use the small cutters to create steam vents in the top crust or just cut slits in the pastry with the tip of a paring knife.
- tip 3 For a lump-free white sauce, use a medium wire whisk to stir in the flour and then to constantly stir the sauce as you pour in the broth and milk.
- tip 4 To roll the pie crust rounds into a square, place the pastry on a lightly floured counter, pastry cloth or sheet of parchment paper. Then, carefully press the pastry into more of a square shape before rolling it into a 13-inch square. next, fold the dough in half and lay it into half of the baking dish. Finally, unfold it and gently press it into the corners of the pan to create the bottom crust, being careful not to stretch it. The dough should extend just a little over the edges.
- tip 5 Swap in 1 1/2 cups of any frozen vegetable combo for the peas and carrots, slicing larger pieces into smaller pieces so they blend more evenly in the sauce.
Don’t Miss: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Pie Crust
Easy Steps To Make Chicken Pot Pie
Try These Other Family Favorite Casserole Recipes
Creamy Beef Noodle Bake : A family favorite with creamy egg noodles covered in cottage cheese and sour cream, ground beed with a seasoned tomato sauce base and shredded cheese.
Fiesta Chicken Casserole : Spiral pasta noodles with chicken, beans, tomatoes, topped with cheese and covered in salsa and sour cream.
Lasagna Casserole : Like classic lasagna but an easier casserole recipe that requires no layering!
Taco Biscuit Bake : Taco seasoned ground beef is mixed with flaky biscuits in this fun twist to the classic taco.
Pepperoni Pizza Biscuit Casserole : Pepperoni pizza mixed with pizza sauce, cheese, and topped with biscuits.
You May Like: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How To Store Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More recipes like this:
- 1/4cupall purpose flour
- 1 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2tspblack pepper
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 tbspheavy whipping cream,if dairy free, use unsweetened non dairy creamer
- 12ozfrozen mixed vegetables,I use a bag of carrots, corn, green beans, and peas. No need to thaw.
- 1/2cupfresh parsley,finely chopped
- 1rolled refrigerated pie crust,not the shell, this goes on the top only and there is no crust on the bottom