Lasyone’s Meat Pie Kitchen & Restaurant
- A TRADITION SINCE 1967Lasyones Meat Pie Restaurant is an authentic soulful Creole Cuisine experience. Our recipes are handed down from our family and always prepared with love from the soul of our deep southern roots. Famous for our meat pies, our family-owned and operated restaurant boast many unique dishes you will always enjoy. Lasyones is recognized nationally by the
Lasyone’s Meat Piesship Nationwide On Goldbelly
- Lasyone’s Meat Pies. James Lasyone grew up working in the Louisiana cotton fields before becoming a butcher, grinding up meat for Cajun Countrys legendary meat pies. After perfecting his own recipe he went into business with $50, an iron pot, and a burner, and more than 50 years later, Lasyones Meat Pies is still going strong. Nowadays …
Best Meat Pie’s In Louisiana
- Lasyone’s Meat Pie Kitchen. 622 2nd St, Natchitoches, LA 71457-4622. +1 318-352-3353. Website. Improve this listing. Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Natchitoches. 628 Reviews. Certificate of Excellence. Cuisines: American.
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits
Recipe For Natchitoches Meat Pies
- Add the onions, bell peppers , celery , salt, Essence, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are wilted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Dissolve the flour in the water and add to the meat mixture. Stir until the mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
Yahoo Local Search Results
- Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant. American Restaurant · $$ 3.5. 164 reviews on. Website. A True Louisiana Ritual and a Taste of real southern creole food and service. A True Louisiana Ritual and a Taste of real southern creole food and service. Website: lasyones.com Address: 622 2nd St, Natchitoches, LA 71457 Cross Streets: Between St Denis St …
Recommended Reading: Marcus Lemonis Key Lime Pie
Classic Natchitoches Meat Pie
- The Natchitoches meat pie, filled with a savory mixture of beef, pork, and the Cajun trinity, is one of Louisianas most beloved snacks. In a small Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add beef, pork, oregano, salt, red pepper, black pepper, and cayenne. Cook, stirring frequently, until meat
Lasyone’s In Louisiana Has Been A Culinary Landmark Since 1967
- James Lasyone began working on his famous meat pie recipe in the 1950s. It wasnt until 1967 that he rented out the bottom half of a building and began selling meat pies. In the early 1970s, the editor of “House Beautiful” stopped in to try one and ever since, people have been flocking to Lasyones to get their hands on a meat pie.
Recommended Reading: Navy Bean Pie Recipe
Eating Louisiana: Lasyones Meat Pies
December 25, 2018 By Hangry Backpacker
Eating in Louisiana is a pastime. Secret recipes are family heirlooms. Food is a significant part of the culture, but the locals dont see it that way. For Louisianians, food is a celebrated part of life. And if it is going to be such a big part of life, why waste time eating food that sucks? Food in the Bayou State is world-renowned for a reason.
With such importance placed on good eating from an early age, the outcome is an abundance of great food and places to dine. Choosing where to eat is the hard part.
Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant Menu In Natchitoches
- Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant provides a high quality food made to perfection. Come in and experience our unmatched service and food. Browse our restaurant menu today we’re located in Natchitoches! Sirved has 40 restaurant menus for Natchitoches, Louisiana.
Recommended Reading: The Original Key Lime Pie Company
The Meat Pies At Lasyones In Louisiana Are Always Delicious
- Lasyones is also open for breakfast. Chris Meyer/Google. Swap your usual breakfast sausage for a meat pie to jump start your day with a little Cajun twist. Lasyones is open six days a week for breakfast and lunch. Kelly Walker/Google. Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Lasyone’s Meat Pie Kitchen Natchitoches
- Lasyone’s Meat Pie Kitchen. Claimed. Save. Share. 629 reviews #2 of 50 Restaurants in Natchitoches $$ – $$$ American Vegetarian Friendly. 622 2nd St, Natchitoches, LA 71457-4622 +1 318-352-3353 Website. Closed now : See all hours.
Also Check: Pop Pinkie Pie
Is The Information About Lasyones Meat Pies Inc Customer Service Really Accurate
We collect data from third-party websites, official websites, and other public sources. The data collected are carefully checked by our experts before they are added to the database. However, we cannot give any guarantees for the hundred percent reliability of the data, as every day there are different kinds of changes in companies.
What Is A Natchitoches Meat Pie
As Louisianas oldest city, Natchitoches has a number of influences in its cuisine, including French, Spanish and Creole. The Natchitoches meat pie brings them all together, resembling an empanada like those found in Spain and Latin American countries, or even a Cornish pasty, made with a meat filling and deep-fried pastry shell.
The meat pies exact origins are unclear, but researchers have made connections to the Spanish soldiers stationed nearby in the 1700s. By the late 1800s, these meat pies were served at the plantations that lined the Cane River and on street corners, making them the states original street food. The African American community in particular carried on the pie-making tradition.
My father, James Lasyone, he remembers when he was a little boy, the African American men peddling them in carts on the sidewalks. They were selling them for a nickel, says Angela Lasyone, the second-generation owner of Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant.
Mini meat pies at Maglieaux’s
At first, it was a matter of who you knew. If you didn’t catch the street vendor in time or didn’t know someone that made them, you didn’t get any meat pies. But in the following century, they became a staple at community events like the circus and church fairs, eventually making their way onto the plates of traditional restaurants.
You May Like: Pinkie Pie Enterprises
Mini Cajun Meat Pies By Lasyone’s Meat Pies
- James Lasyone grew up working in the Louisiana cotton fields before becoming a butcher. After perfecting his classic Cajun meat pie recipe in 1967 he went into business with $50, an iron pot, and a burner, and nowadays Lasyones Meat Pies is a downtown Natchitoches institution, run by James daughters, Angela and Tina.
Lasyones Meat Pie Restaurant
- Delivery & Pickup Options – 163 reviews of Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant “This place has been here for years! The meat pies are just as delicious as when they first opened. I went back a few years ago and inhaled a few meat pies before almost having to roll myself out the door… Sad thing is, the day before I ate there Lasyone’s had discontinued their FedEx-ing of meat pies…
- Soulful Louisiana Creole and Famous Lasyone’s Meat Pies and Crawfish Pies!!! 622 2nd St, Natchitoches, LA 71457-4622
Don’t Miss: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant Natchitoches Natchitoches
- Lasyone’s is legendary when it comes to Natchitoches and meat pies. That can be a good thing or not so good as expectations are quite high. I believe mine may have been a bit too high, I was not very impressed by the meat pie. Fresh and hot and certainly very good, however it
Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant
- Lasyone’s Meat Pie Restaurant is the place to go for an authentic Creole/Cajun cuisine experience. A favorite with the locals and travelers alike, this family-owned and operated restaurant, famous for their meat pies, lets you feel like a real Louisiana native the moment you walk through the door and take in the aroma of good, downhome cookin’. Though the meat pie is as old as the Civil War …
Don’t Miss: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Famous Natchitoches Meat Pies
- Meat Pies FAQs. How do you fry a frozen meat pie? Deep frying is the best method to cook a meat pie. Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry for 5-6 minutes, until golden brown. How long do you cook a frozen meat pie? 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. How many calories in a Natchitoches meat pie?
What Are Plate Lunches Where Is The Best Place To Eat One
The handheld nature of the dish made it an easy snack, as well as affordable to all income levels. In a state that loves to celebrate, the pies are the perfect festival food.
You can walk around and eat one and have something to drink in the other hand, so theyre very versatile, says Lasyone.
According to the official Natchitoches meat pie recipe, the pies contain beef, pork, garlic and part of the holy trinity of Louisiana cooking: bell pepper and onion. But you’ll also find versions with crawfish or the vegetarian-friendly mushroom pie.
A 2003 bill made the Natchitoches meat pie the official meat pie of Louisiana. There’s even a meat pie festival in the North Louisiana town.
Downtown Natchitoches Photo courtesy of Caroline Eubanks
Not all Natchitoches meat pies are the same. Lasyones Restaurant is considered to be the original in town, open since 1967. James Lasyone made the pies in his butcher shop before expanding into a full restaurant, and the restaurants big break came when it was featured in House Beautiful magazine in the 1970s.
We were the first ones to really sell the meat pies commercially in a restaurant type setting. Everybody would come to Natchitoches and come to Lasyones to get a meat pie. Thats kind of how the Natchitoches meat pie ordeal began.
Other companies popped up, offering their version of the pie, including one company that made them using a piece of machinery. But Lasyones still makes them the authentic way.
Recommended Reading: Navy Bean Pie Recipes