What Desserts Do You Make With A Gluten
A gluten-free graham cracker crust is used in a lot of dessert recipes. The most popular recipe is cheesecake. I have an easy recipe for Gluten-Free Mini Cheesecakes that uses a gluten-free graham cracker crust. Other popular desserts are gluten-free key lime pie, chocolate pie, no-bake desserts, and Smores bars.
Find These Products In The Grocery Aisle
Always gluten-free, our scrumptious baked goods are also free from most major allergens including dairy, nuts, peanuts and now soy. We don’t use GMO ingredients either, nor artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Our cookies and easy-to-use baking mixes have a shelf life of around a year. We bet that lasts longer than your willpower.
Gluten Free Graham Style Crumbs
- Just the solution for a gluten free pie crust, ice cream topping or cheese cake.
- This product contains no preservatives. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place.
- Recipe for a pie crust: 1 1/2 cup Graham style Cracker Crumbs 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine 2 Tbsp brown or white sugar Mix crumbs, butter & sugar together. Press into 9″ pie plate and chill. Fill as desired.
Kinnikinnick Foods are free from Gluten, Nuts, and Dairy.
- Gluten Free Has Never Tasted So Good
- Refer product label for full list of ingredients
Don’t Miss: Key West Key Lime Pie Company The Profit Update
Top Review From The United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Pro Tips And Recipe Notes
- I used Granny Smith apples in this recipe. Theyre tart and tangy. Generally, we want firm apples. Honeycrisp and Braeburn are sweeter yet firm. But, I have even used Delicious apples with this recipe.
- If your frozen pie shell is broken, thaw the shell. Then dampen the crack with water, and use your finger to seal the crack together by lightly pinching and pressing the dough.
- I served this pie with homemade whipped cream. You might even like to top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream dusted with cinnamon. Or just have it plain. Its up to you.
I hope you love this delicious classic apple pie. Have a happy, healthy week.
Recommended Reading: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Tips For Making The Best Gluten
- I use a food processor to make my gluten-free graham cracker crumbs. You can also use a rolling pin to crush the crackers in a plastic storage bag.
- Use the back of a measuring cup to press down on the crust to help compact the crust. This will help the crust not to crumble and be more firm.
- If you are a fan of brown sugar, you can use it in place of granulated sugar. It gives the crust a hint of a molasses flavor.
- If you are making a no-bake pie, it is best to chill this pie crust for at least 2 hours before filling it.
- If youre making a baked pie, bake this crust per your recipes directions.
Where To Buy Gluten
Many people buy premade pie crusts to save time in the kitchen, but many of these products contain flour. If you suffer from celiac disease or are gluten intolerant, there are many gluten-free pie crust brands you can find at your local grocery store!
Although it will vary by location, you dont have to go to a specialty grocery store to find a gf pie crust. Many of these brands can be found at popular stores like Walmart, Target, Kroger, and Albertsons. But of course, you might find some specialty brands at health foods stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts.
This list only contains premade gluten-free pie crust brands. You wont find any pie crust mix that you have to make yourself. In the description, Ill let you know which brands are frozen and which dont require refrigeration. Because most will have to be refrigerated or frozen, many cannot be purchased online. But if you can have a brand shipped, Ill link to an online retailer!
To find the best ready-made gluten-free pie crust for you, read through the descriptions for each product. Here youll find out what pie crust varieties the brand makes, including traditional, graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, and more. Youll also see if the product has any other certifications, such as being vegan, dairy-free, Kosher, organic, and more!
Ingredients can change at any time, so be sure to always read the most recent allergen warnings and product certifications before you buy!
Also Check: Key Lime Pie Review
How To Make A Gluten
- Crush the gluten-free graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a plastic storage bag and then crush them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar together in a medium-sized bowl until combined.
- The mixture will be coarse and thick like wet sand.
- Press the gluten-free graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and slightly up the sides. Press down into the pan to make sure it is tight and compact. I use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to help press the mixture down.
- For a baked dessert: Bake this crust per your recipes directions. For a no-bake dessert: Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°F and chill the crust for 2 hours before using it in your recipe.
Free From Top 8 Allergens
Whether by allergic necessity or by choice, you’ll adore more than thirty baked goodies, free from eggs now as well as gluten, dairy, nuts, peanuts, and soy. Good for vegans and those looking for a plant-based, gluten-free diet too.
We’ve done the hard work sourcing safe ingredients and scrumptious recipes that’ll leave you wanting more.
Baked for sharing, customers tell us families love Kinnikinnick’s baked goods free from gluten and Top allergens because everyone can share them, celiac, allergic or not.
Recommended Reading: Key Lime Pie Company
Gluten Free Apple Pie
Easy gluten free apple pie is a delicious homemade pie you can whip up and serve hot from the oven in about an hour.
Its autumn and my son has been asking me whether our local supermarket has gotten in any of his favorite gluten-free apple pies because he knows that they start to carry them this time of year.
Ive been fancying apple pie, he told me.
Well, theyre not in the supermarket yet, but if youd really like a pie, I think I have the ingredients to make you one.
Want to know the best part?
I like to keep Kinnikinnick gluten-free frozen pie shells in my freezer just for occasions like this. I know I can count on Kinnikinnick for a flakey and flavorful crust.
And I whipped up heavy cream to dollop on top.
Well my son was one happy young man. Indeed, I was delighted to hear those precious words, Thanks, Mom.
Ready to make an easy delicious homemade apple pie? Here we go.
More Gluten Free Desserts
Gluten Free Banana Pudding This dessert is completely NO FUSS! It is so delicious your family and friends will request it often.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie This no bake old fashioned recipe is super easy. Its also rich, creamy, and delicious.
Cheerios Pie Crust This recipe is a perfect substitution for creamy no-bake pies that use a graham cracker crust.
Read Also: Pop Pinkie Pie
Are Graham Crackers Gluten
The most important ingredient to a graham cracker crust is graham crackers. Traditional graham crackers, like Nibiscos, are not gluten-free.
The good news is there are several brands of gluten-free graham crackers, like Schär, Kinnikinnick, and Pamelas. If you want to make your own, I have a super easy Gluten-Free Graham Crackers recipe!
For my UK readers, you can use gluten-free digestive biscuits.
You can see just how easy it is to make a gluten-free graham cracker crust in the recipe video.
How To Make A Gluten Free Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust
The links on this website may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
A Gluten Free Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust is great for no bake pies like puddings, fruit filled and cheesecakes. Its a favorite to make because of how easy it is. Crushed cookies, sugar, and butter. Whats not to like?
Also Check: Damgoode Pies Cantrell
Can I Freeze The Crust
This gluten-free graham cracker crust can be easily made ahead of time and then frozen for later. Once the crust is completely cooled, wrap it in foil and then place it in a plastic freezer bag. Make sure your pie pan is freezer friendly.
You can freeze the crust and keep it in your freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in your refrigerator before using it in your recipe.
Heres What Youll Need
Ingredients: gluten-free graham crackers, brown sugar, melted butter, ground cinnamon, salt, pure pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, cornstarch, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, cloves, vanilla extract
A Dash of Megnut is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Pumpkin puree You want to use pure pumpkin puree for this recipe NOT pumpkin pie filling which already has sugar and spices in it
- Gluten-free graham Crackers You can use store bought or homemade gluten-free graham crackers in this recipe to make the gluten-free graham cracker pie crust. I used Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Smoreables Graham Crackers in this recipe.
- Spices If youd like, you can use pumpkin pie spice in the filling instead of the individual spices I have used in the recipe. Use 2 + 1/4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice in this recipe.
- Handheld mixer or stand mixer
- 9-inch pie dish
Also Check: My Little Pony Pinkie Pie Toys
Wholly Gluten Free Pie Shells
Wholly by Wholly Wholesome products are all made in a dedicated gluten free facility. If youre looking for a traditional pie crust that is certified gluten-free, see if any stores carry Wholly Gluten Free Frozen Pie Shells! These ready made pie crusts are primarily made from brown rice flour and potato starch. They are certified gluten-free, certified vegan, Kosher, and non-GMO.
You can find Wholly GF Pie Crusts in the freezer aisle of many grocery stores, including Kroger, Albertsons, Whole Foods, Sprouts, HEB, Hy-Vee, Publix, Hannaford, Wegmans, and more! Use the Wholly Gluten Free product locator to find this pie crust near you! If you have a Whole Foods nearby, you can have this product delivered to you with !