Tips For Making This Smores Pie Recipe:
The graham cracker crust and ganache filling are pretty basic and easy to prepare. Its the marshmallow topping that can be tricky. Here are some suggestions for making a perfect batch:
- Make sure to track down and purchase plain, unflavored gelatin which can be found at most major supermarkets. It will give the topping its structure. I use Knox brand.
- The gelatin must be proofed or bloomed in cold water before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
- You will need to make a sugar syrup which involves heating sugar, water, and corn syrup up to 260º. You need an accurate candy thermometer to monitor the temperature of this liquid as it cooks.
- This marshmallow topping needs a long whipping time to go from frothy to thick and white. Using a stand mixer will definitely make the process easier, but it can also be made with a hand mixer and some patience.
- An alternative is to buy large marshmallows and cut them in half making short rounds. Cover the surface of the pie with these marshmallow rounds and use a culinary torch to brown. This could probably be done under your ovens broiler, but watch carefully so the marshmallows dont burn.
What Is Smores Pie
Smores pie is inspired by that classic campfire treat: the smore, consisting of a toasted marshmallow and a milk chocolate square, sandwiched between two crunchy graham crackers. Its completely irresistible, and such a nostalgic summer treat!
In this pie version, we use graham crackers in the crust, and the chocolate takes a fluffy mousse form in the filling. The whole thing is topped off with marshmallows and toasted to golden brown perfection.
How To Make S’mores At Home
Whip up the classic recipe, or try Ree Drummond’s twist!
You don’t need a firepit to make s’mores at home. In fact, you don’t even need to leave the house! You can still get that great combo of chocolate and ooey, gooey marshmallows that everyone loves, no camping required. You just need graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate bars, and a heat source. The key to making campfire-worthy s’mores if you’re using the microwave or oven is simple. Don’t add the top graham cracker half until the s’more is done cooking to ensure the marshmallow gets toasty and the chocolate gets melty.
If you’re craving something a little more indulgent, try this Chocolate-Covered S’mores recipe from Ree. She first tried this tasty treat at a tiny store in Vail, Colorado, where the Drummond family goes skiing every year, and knew she had to re-create it at home. She sandwiches marshmallow creme between two graham crackers, covers it in melted chocolate, and freezes it. The best part about this recipe: It’s endlessly adaptable. Any meltable chocolate you have on hand will doRee has even used a package of chocolate-almond bark. Read on for answers to all the questions you’ve ever had about how to make classic s’mores at home, then try your hand at them! They make excellent Fourth of July desserts, or just an easy chocolate dessert recipe when you’re short on time and your sweet tooth is calling. How do I roast marshmallows indoors?
How do I make s’mores in the oven?
Also Check: Pienation
Yams Vs Sweet Potatoes
Yams are a starchy vegetable with a brown skin. They can easily grow up to 45 feet long.
Sweet Potatoes, on the other hand, are softer with an orangish brown skin and traditionally have an orange interior, but some have white or purple, depending on the variety.
Sweet Potatoes are sweeter than yams. Yams are more akin to white potatoes in flavor. According to ncsweetpotato.com*, there are nutritional variations as well:
Sweet Potatoes: Very nutritious. Has more sugar, protein, calcium, iron, sodium, vitamin A, beta-carotene, and water than yams do. *
Yams: Very nutritious. Has more fat, carbs, fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin E than sweet potatoes do. *
It is rare to see Yams in anything other than a specialty market. What you see in the grocery stores are probably sweet potatoes. If you arent sure, ask the market manager if what you see are truly yams!
Additional Tips And Storing
Be sure to wait until pie has cooled completely before cutting into it.
The pie should be stored in the fridge before adding the marshmallows. Once the marshmallows are added, its best to eat the pie as quick as possible. Otherwise, the marshmallows will loose their consistency.
You can store any leftovers in the fridge for 1-3 days. Either eat them chilled, or pop individual slices into the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until its heated to your liking.
For More SMores, Be Sure to Try:
You May Like: Campbells Chicken Pot Pie With Pie Crust
How To Make This Smores Recipe
If you want your own pie to have the same textural appearance as mine, be sure to follow my layering instructions.
When you read through the recipe directions, reference these pre-baked pie photos. This is what your pie should look like before it goes into the oven.
It is essential that the top crust mixture looks jagged and crumbly. Do not press it in!
How To Toast Marshmallows For Pie
Right before youre ready to serve it, top the pie with large marshmallows and toast them until they are golden in spots and nice and ooey-gooey.
You dont need an open flame to toast your marshmallows you can use a kitchen torch or you can pop the pie under the broiler for a minute or so but keep an eye on it. The marshmallows go from golden to burnt pretty quick.
Don’t Miss: Key Lime Pie On A Stick Florida Keys
Easy Smores Pie Recipe
Smores + pie? Oh yes! With Easter just around the corner, here is an irresistibly decadent dessert that everyone will love.
No, its not your typical Easter dessert but does typicality matter? Of course not. Its always nice to have the classics but its fun to switch things up a bit too.
Really this smores dessert is fit for any day of the year. It screams summer, but when cold weather comes around and youre craving a smore but its too cold to go out, this easy pie recipe will always have you covered.
It begins with a graham cracker base , then its layered with a silky smooth chocolate filling that melts away in your mouth, and next its topped with a meringue . Finally, its toasted to golden perfection.
You wont be able to wait to dive into this smores pie. There may just be a slice missing when you take it to the party .
How To Make Easy Smores Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
The first layer to a smores pie is the graham cracker crust. Its a simple crumb crust of graham crackers, butter and sugar. I like to use a food processor to finely grind up the graham crackers, but you can also use a rolling pin and a sealed freezer bag, if needed.
Once ground up, mix together your graham crackers with sugar, salt, and butter until combined and moistened . Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan and bake it for 8-10 minutes in a 350°F/180°C oven. Let the crust cool while you prepare the rest of the smores tart.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
Similar to the melted chocolate in a smore, this smore pie recipe uses a richer chocolate ganache to get a luscious, creamy chocolate filling. The recipe is very similar to the one I use in my chocolate tart recipe that you all rave about, so I know its a keeper.
For this smore pie recipe, I like to use only bittersweet/semisweet chocolate since the pie is extra sweet with the marshmallow meringue topping. If you prefer the milk chocolate version, feel free to use that instead.
To make the ganache, melt the butter and heavy cream together in a small saucepan. Pour this mixture over the chopped chocolate and let it stand for a minute to begin melting. Stir everything together with a spatula or whisk, until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate filling into the crust and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie On A Stick Key West
How To Make A Smores Pie
Theres 3 main components to this recipe:
- graham cracker crust
- chocolate filling
CRUST. The crust is made with graham crumbs, a little sugar and melted butter. You can either buy graham crumbs in the box , or crush sheets of graham crackers in your food processor. I like the crust a little thicker for this recipe.
FILLING. Chop up chocolate into small pieces and then place it in a large, heat-proof bowl . Then youll heat some cream over in a saucepan until its almost boiling. Pour the hot cream over top of the chopped chocolate, let it sit for a few minutes for the chocolate to melt, and then whisk until its smooth.
Finally, whisk in 2 eggs, which help to give the pie the right consistency. The mixture will be quite liquidy, which is what you want.
BAKE. Pour the mixture into the pie shell, and pop the pie in the oven to bake 25-30 minutes.
TOPPING. Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top and then pop the pie back in the oven for a couple of minutes for them to gently brown. This process goes very quickly, so make sure to watch carefully they can go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
What Can I Do With Italian Meringue
Italian Meringue is a very stable meringue that does not require baking. It can be eaten raw. It can be used in various pastries and desserts. Because it is so stable, it will not collapse.
This pie should be stored in the refrigerator for best results. It is quite decadent, so small slices are better. It will stay good in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual to guide you through.
Don’t Miss: The Key Lime Pie Company
Can I Toast Marshmallows Using The Broiler
Yes, but the broiler can be a bit unpredictable. Youll need to be very careful and very vigilant!
To broil, place the pie on a baking sheet. Turn the broiler on high, transfer the pie into the oven, and toast the marshmallows until theyve reached your desired level of toasty. This will only take a few minutes, so stay close! Those marshmallows can go from brown to burnt real quick.
How To Make S’mores Pie
Video Length: 05:58
Are you out of McCormick ?
Set up your Flavor Profile or to:
- Add this spice to “My Spices”
- Create a more personalized experience
- Manage your spices in Flavor Profile
Sign up to save your favorite flavors.
DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?
Already have an account?
Already have an account?
Because we are constantly improving our products, we encourage you to read the ingredient statement on our packages at the time of your purchase.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Recommended Reading: The Key Lime Pie Company
How To Make Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 Deep Dish unbaked Pie Shells
- Whipped Cream for serving
Peel, slice and boil the potatoes until soft. Drain. In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes.
Add in remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour into 2 unbaked pie shells. Bake at 375 degrees
For 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Why You’ll Love This Pie
This delicious s’mores pie has a lot going for it that makes it an instant winner.
- The crust is buttery and sturdy. It’s a dream to cut through and will not crumble up and leave you with a mess.
- Chocolate lovers have everything they need in this flavor-packed filling.
- It is thick enough that you can easily slice it without it losing its shape.
- You don’t have a lot of waste making the pie. We need 4 egg yolks and 3 egg whites which means you are completely using up three of the eggs you’ll need.
- There is no baking involved in this recipe. We need the stove for a few minutes, but that is it. No need to worry about heating up your whole oven in the middle of summer.
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Soup Chicken Pot Pie
Have You Ever Tried A Rolled Graham Cracker Crust
The fun part of this Smores Pie recipe is the crust! Of course we have all had a pie on a graham cracker crust, where you crush the graham crackers, mix them with butter and sugar and press them into a pie plate. But THIS graham cracker crust makes a double crust!
Yep, you heard that right, a graham cracker crust on TOP of the pie too!
Its so easy, much easier than the guesswork classic pie crust involves. Here are the simple steps:
Grandbaby Cakes Peppiest Pumpkin Recipes
Give me ALL of the pumpkin please! I just cant get enough and if you cant either youll want to check out a few more of my FAVORITE pumpkin recipes:
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together graham cracker crumbs and sugar until combined in a large bowl. Next pour melted butter into mixture and mix together until crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and press down into the plate and around the sides. Bake for 10 minutes to set then preheat the oven to 375 while you work on the filling.
For the Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the pumpkin purée, eggs, dark brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until combined. Add the cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and black pepper. Beat again until combined.
- Finally, add the heavy cream and milk. Whisk on medium-low speed until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pre-baked crust. To avoid overflowing, only fill the crust ¾ of the way. Transfer the pie into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and use aluminum foil to cover the edges then return the pie to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the pie is mostly set with a slight wobble in the middle.
- Once done, remove the pie from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 3 hours.
For the Ganache Topping and Marshmallows