Once Upon A Pumpkin Dogs Birthday
We start our list with a great recipe. It comes together by combining simple dog-and-human-friendly ingredients like pumpkin, oats, baking soda, eggs, peanut butter, and yogurt The best part is that not only your dog will love this special treat, but he can also share it with you! Please when choosing the ingredients, make sure you choose them without artificial sweeteners, such as Xylitol as they can be very toxic for dogs. Get the full recipe here.
Meaty Meatloaf Party Dog Cake
Maybe you have a horde of hungry hounds. Or perhaps youre having a pup party and want to invite every dog about town to the do. Or maybe you just want a treat thatll last your big guy for several days.
In any case, this cake is the one for you and your larger dog or lots of his dog friends.
It contains a whopping 2 ½ pounds of meat, and at the recommended serving we mentioned earlier, thatll either feed a lot of small to mid-sized dogs or just your average English Bull Mastiff.
Youre going to need a food processor and some time for this one, as this cake takes about a half-hour to prepare. Your furbaby will certainly think it was time well spent.
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Cake With Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Dog Birthday Cake Tips
Dogs love all things peanut butter! Dogs always seem to know when youre making something for them.
This cake is so easy to make and decorate. Here are a few tips and ideas to spoil your best friend and wish them Happy Birthday:
- Frost the cake with peanut butter. To make it easier to spread, you might mix in a little coconut oil or yogurt. I used the peanut butter straight from the jar because I wanted it a nice piping consistency. Natural peanut butter might be too soft to pipe.
- If you dont want to top your dog birthday cake with sprinkles, try using little store-bought dog treats instead! Do this only if you dont plan on sharing the cake with your dog, of course!
- You can vary the recipe, substituting the carrot baby food with sweet potatoes, mashed banana, pumpkin puree, or apple sauce.
- To make a layer cake, simply double the recipe and spread peanut butter between the layers.
- Its going to be a messy celebration. Be sure to lay out a drop cloth on the floor for your dog when he enjoys his cake!
And yes, you can eat this cake with your dog! Its not as sweet as regular cakes, but its totally edible. Why not share a little birthday cheer with your furry friend?
Finally, for an adorable birthday outfit for your pet, dont forget our super easy DIY dog bandana! The perfect finishing touch!
Our dog Sadie loved this cake! I hope your furry friends love this dog-friendly cake too! Please let me know in the comments.
You May Like: 11 Inch Aluminum Pie Pans
The Best Dog Birthday Cakes: According To A Veterinarian
- Best Overall Dog Birthday Cake: Thoughtfully Gifts Dog Birthday CookiesIndividually wrapped and hand decorated, these delicious treats will excite any dog and come in boy & girl versions.
- Best Dog Birthday Cake Mix for Puppies:Puppy Cake Dog Birthday Cake KitThis cake mix is specifically formulated for dogs with sensitive stomachs and is perfectly safe for puppies.
- Most Affordable Dog Birthday Cake Kit: Petcakes Birthday Dog Cake Recipe KitThis kit comes with a bone mold and everything you need to make a delicious treat for your dog for less than 9 dollars,
- UNIQUE GIFT Gift includes 8 hand decorated birthday boy dog biscuits shaped like bonesFLAVORS This dog gift contains flavorful dog treats that will have your pooch begging for more!
- DOG GIFT Gift shows the dog owner that you were not only thinking about them but their dog also!
- GIFT BAG READY Just wrap it up, slip it into a bag or add a bow, and this gift set is ready to go!
Nerf Dog Ball Blaster
Love the connection you have with your dog while playing fetch but hate the slobbery ball? This high-powered NERF DOG ball blaster launches your dogs favorite tennis ball up to 50ft in the air with ease!
When your dog brings it back, place the barrel on the tennis ball and pick it up hands-free. The blaster is safe for your hands with no exposed moving parts and is especially helpful for those who dont have a good throwing arm, for kids, or those who just want to take their regular game of fetch up to the next level!
Recommended Reading: Gold Foil Leaves For Cake Decorating
Read Also: Pork Pie Patina Brass Snare
Dog Cakes Are Made Of Simple Ingredients
They have most of the same ingredients that adult cakes have, but with a few changes:
- Sweetener sugar isnt great for dogs, but since Abby loves her treats on the sweet side, I add a bit of honey to the cake batter.
- Flour you can use whole wheat if you want, but I used all-purpose
- Peanut Butter dogs love peanut butter!
- Applesauce you can also use pumpkin puree or mashed banana
- Oil, leavening, egg these are all the components that make a cake into a cake.
The best part about making a cake for your dog is that you dont have to worry about if you over cook it. They dont care if its dry!
I kept the frosting simple by just beating some unsweetened heavy whipping cream. Dogs LOVE whipped cream!
Abby loved her cake. She went to town on the frosting before I could even snap photos!
Be sure to check out PetArmor Plus at PetSmart and get your coupon for $5 off a 3-count box!
How To Make A Cake Dog Friendly
When it comes to making cakes for dogs itâs important that you take extra care when selecting your ingredients. There are a lot of ingredients that we canât give dogs so we need to be extra careful.
Iâve done careful research on what kind of ingredients are dog-friendly and developed this recipe with !
When selecting your ingredients itâs important to choose them in their most natural and whole form. For example, while dogs can have all-purpose flour it can upset their stomachs in larger amounts. Try to use wholegrain flours or flours like oat flour, almond meal, or coconut flour.
Iâve used oat flour, aka ground oats, in this recipe but feel free to replace it with any other wholegrain dog-friendly flour!
Also Check: Vegan Pie Crust Whole Foods
You May Like: Top 5 Large Breed Puppy Food
Favorite Recipes From Crazy For Crust
**Did you make this recipe? Dont forget to give it a star rating below!**
It was all I could do to get photos without her jumping on the counter
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
How To Make A Dog Birthday Cake Video
We all know that birthdays are a big deal in my house, even if youre the dog. Last year I celebrated Abbys first birthday with Pupcakes and this year I made her a cake! Its her favorite kind of cake too, peanut butter made with applesauce and frosted with whipped cream. Abby loves whipped cream its like her favorite treat EVER.
I love celebrating dog birthdays. Maybe Im a sucker or just a really good dog mom, but I love all the pomp and circumstance of making her a doggy treat. Homemade dog treats are so easy to make and its fun too. Dogs somehow have a sixth sense about treats they know when youre making them specially for them.
Read Also: Slice Of The Pie Pizza
Ingredient Apple Dog Cake
What dog doesnt love a bite of apple? Theyre sweet, crunchy, and every pup weve ever met seems to enjoy them.
This cake is another four-ingredient wonder and is single-serving as well. So even if your doggo is on the small side, they can still enjoy a treat made just for them without leftovers to worry about storing.
You will need some special equipment for this one. It bakes in either a 4-inch cake pan or a jumbo muffin tin.
Other than that, all youll need is:
Carrot Cakes For Dogs
Carrots are healthy for dogs. Not only are they a good source of fiber and vitamins for dogs but theyre also recommended by vets as a low-calorie snack.
What better ingredient for a birthday treat if you need to watch your furry friends weight.
Allrecipes has a very simple carrot cake recipe for dogs with hundreds of 5-star reviews.
One reviewer commented the her husband decided to try a piece of the cake. He liked it so much that he ended up feeding one piece to the dog and one piece to himself.
So with this cake the whole family can join in the celebration! To make it even tastier you can add a bit of ground cinnamon as well, which is quite safe for your dog.
This recipe, and many of the others contain oil. If your dog is on a low fat diet, you can swop this out with applesauce making the cake sweeter and healthier too.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Sour Cream Pound Cake
What To Put In A Dog Birthday Cake
As you all probably know, Tilly is my favorite thing. So, we wanted to spoil Tilly rotten for her birthday with all of her favorite things. And if you know Tilly, you know her favorite foods are pumpkin, greek yogurt, and peanut butter . Naturally we landed on a peanut butter pumpkin cake held together with a Tilly approved peanut butter and greek yogurt frosting.
Even though this cake is made with safe ingredients, youll still want to limit the amount of dog bday cake your puppy eats. This dog birthday cake recipe will make a small 6 inch cake, but we still wouldnt recommend giving the entire cake to your pup. We gave Tilly a small piece and she was more than happy.
Why This Recipe Works
Hudson, believe it or not, suffers from a delicate digestive system.Ive been included pumpkin in my meals for him since he was a puppy, and he loves it.Pumpkin is a good source of fiber for dogs and can help them maintain good digestive health.Its easy for dogs to digest, and the flavor isnt too overpowering either!I also included applesauce in this recipe, which I thought was a nice touch.It has the same health advantages of pumpkin, but with the addition of a hint of natural sweetness.
Applesauce may also be used as a substitute for oil, which is something I wanted to avoid in this recipe.
Also Check: Send A Pie In The Mail
Best Overall: Okra And Molly
Okra and Molly
Why We Chose It: Okra and Molly is an affordable online bakery with many options for your dogs birthday cake.
Low prices for a cake
Option to buy a ship today cake for even faster delivery
Limited options compared to other companies
No free shipping
Okra and Molly is a Nashville-based dog bakery that offers handmade cakes for your dogs big day. There are three cake sizes and two flavors from which to choose. You can customize your cakes icing colors and the message written on it. Every cake is made fresh to order and takes four business days to arrive. Shipping costs vary based on location, and when you order, you can add on extra items such as a bowtie or a stuffed animal to complete your dogs party.
Prices start at $20 for the smallest cakes. All cakes are made with dog-friendly ingredients and can even be stored if your pup cant finish it in one go.
Dont Miss: Where Is The Cake Boss Bakery
Ingredients For Homemade Dog Birthday Cake
- Egg. This will hold the cake together and are a great source of nutrition for dogs.
- Peanut Butter. This will add flavor to the cake and provides healthy fats.
- Apple. Apples also add flavor and are a good source of vitamins. Just be sure to remove the core and seeds completely.
- Baking Powder. If used in moderation and diluted, as it is in this recipe, baking powder is perfectly safe for dogs. It will help the cake to rise, but you are welcome to leave it out if youd like.
You May Like: Philadelphia Cream Cheese Key Lime Pie
Happy Birthday Tennis Balls
Every dog needs some new birthday balls! I always get Chuy some kind of birthday tennis balls. He loves playing fetch outside and indoors since we have a large great room where he can run around when its too hot or rainy outside.
All of these gifts are available on which means they will ship for free with 2 day shipping as long as youre a Prime member. They are affiliate links which means we earn a commission when you purchase from our site!
No birthday is complete without cake. Check out our Ultimate Guide to Dog Birthday Cake Recipes.
Chime in! Do you have any dog birthday gift ideas? Share them below in the comments!
How Much Is A Dog Birthday Cake
For nearly every breed of dog, it is easy to locate a fantastic dog birthday cake that is sophisticated enough for the pup to appreciate. A typical 4-inch circular cake costs $26, with the option to purchase additional cake up to two inches in diameter. For $69, you may have a cake decorated with your dogs likeness, and it is completely customized.
Read Also: How Many Carbs In Nothing Bundt Cakes
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Pie Chart In Google Docs
How To Make Pumpkin Dog Treats
Lets walk through what youll need and what youll do. Reminder, the full printable recipe, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of the page. This portion of the post is for discussion, helpful tips and answering common questions about the recipe.
These treats use ingredients you probably have in your pantry already! All you need for the pumpkin dog treats recipe are as follows:
- Flour: For this recipe I used whole wheat flour. Check with your vet to see which flour they would recommend for your dog.
- Eggs: Make sure to grab large size eggs.
- Natural Peanut Butter: Natural peanut butter is the only way to go. Most importantly avoid any peanut butter that contains the sweetener Xylitol, which can be poisonous to dogs.
- Pumpkin Puree: Double check that you are using pure canned pumpkin puree. Often cans of pumpkin pie mix sit right next to pumpkin puree in the store, and you dont want all those extra ingredients in your pumpkin dog treats.
- Ground Cinnamon
Steps To Take
Mix together all ingredients to combine everything to form a dough. This may be easier with an electric or stand mixer.
This will be a very thick and crumbly dough. Add a little bit of water to help moisten the ingredients, then you will be able to work and knead the dough. Only add a tablespoon or so as you go. You want the dough to end up being a dry and thick consistency.
What Kind Of Cake Can Dogs Eat
There are a few human cakes that are safe for dogs. Simple sponge cakes made with flour, sugar, eggs, and butter are safe for dogs to eat because they do not contain ingredients that can cause them harm.
Other human cakes are harmful. For example, chocolate, raisins, and sweeteners can be toxic are toxic to dogs, and cakes containing them must not be served to dogs. Plus, most cakes are high in saturated fat, carbohydrates, dairy, and additives that are unhealthy for dogs.
Therefore, when it comes to the dog birthday cake, stick to recipes formulated specifically for dogs. That way, you can rest assured the cake ingredients are perfectly safe for your birthday boy/girl.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Pie Crust From Scratch
The Banana Apple Vegan Cake
Looking for a birthday cake option with absolutely no animal products? For vegan dogs this recipe is a great choice. Fruity, rich, but not too sweetyou and your dog can definitely dig into the banana apple vegan cake.
Youll need the following ingredients to begin:
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Whether you prefer Granny Smith or Fuji apples, the choice is yours. This is a recipe with some room for customization.
With your ingredients easily accessible, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, begin the process by following these steps:
- Mix Add your apple, banana, and apple sauce to a mixing bowl, then stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and water. Work the mixture until everything is thoroughly mixed
- Prepare the pan We recommend greasing your pan with coconut oil to ensure nothing sticks and to add a hint of coconut flavoring to your cake.
- Bake Add your mixture to your pan, place in the oven, and wait about 30 minutes for everything to cook. Maybe play a game of fetch with your pup to pass the time. After the allotted time, take your cake out and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes.
When it comes to decorations, we suggest adding sliced bananas, more apples, or a dollop of unsweetened yogurt. Make it as artistic as youd like. Even if your dog doesnt appreciate the visual feast, theyll certainly appreciate the taste.