What To Do If Your Banana Loaf Is Wet In The Middle And Cooked On Top
BAKERS TIP: The foil wrapped over the loaf prevents the banana bread from browning further whilst the middle continues to cook through.
When you find a bunch of spotty bananas sitting on your kitchen bench and crave something truly delicious this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is for you. In just 10 minutes youll have a loaf nestled in the oven filling your house with the most wonderful cosy aromas of banana bread. And I promise, youll love love love the soft, fluffy, super moist crumb almost as much as the gorgeously golden crackled crust. This banana bread is truly the stuff of dreams.
Ingredients For Making The Best Banana Bread
Overripe Bananas: Are absolutely necessary when making truly the best banana bread. Why? Those spotty, brown, soft, overripe darlings are super sweet with the added flavour of vanilla, spice and rum. Overripe bananas equal mega banana flavour and sweetness for your banana bread so pretty please dont be shy using those overripe bananas!
Dark Brown Sugar: Sweetens the banana bread whilst adding buttery notes of rich caramel and butterscotch to the bread.
Yoghurt: Creates a super moist, soft and deliciously tender banana bread crumb.
Cinnamon: Lends its unmistakable scent and cosy warmth to banana bread. Not something you instantly notice, but its background hum of floral spice partners perfectly to the banana, peanut butter and dark chocolate.
Maple Syrup: Sweetens and scents the loaf whilst helping to create a sparkly golden crust.
Peanut Butter: Banana has a great affinity for deep roasted flavours and peanut butter is no exception. Whisked through the banana bread batter, its fragrance and deep nutty flavour infuse every bite begging you to come back for more.
Dark Chocolate: Speaking of deep roasted flavours, dark chocolate chips is another wonderful add-in that marries its delectable bitterness with the sweet flavour of banana and roasted nuttiness of peanut butter perfectly. And those pools of molten chocolate strewn throughout the crumb are the stuff of banana bread dreams.
Storing And Freezing Banana Bread
This bread keeps at room temperature, wrapped well in plastic and on the counter, for at least a couple of days, although it wont last that long because you’ll eat it all!
You can also freeze the whole loaf or slices by wrapping well in plastic and then in foil.
Need more banana bread freezing and storing information? Click here for all the ins and outs on how to keep your banana bread at its best!
Note: We updated this recipe on August 20, 2021, reducing the baking soda to 1/2 teaspoon and changing the pan to an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch pan.
Read Also: Kfc Chicken Pot Pie Price
What Makes This Recipe Great
Even though peanut butter has a lot of fat , it’s also pretty dry and sticky. Because of that, we’re using sour cream and sunflower oil to make this peanut butter banana bread super moist!
Chocolate chips are an added bonus because peanut butter+chocolate+banana equals an amazingly delicious combination!
Tips For Making Quick Bread
Quick breads are traditionally easier to make than yeast breads, but there are a few tips and tricks to making sure your quick bread recipes turn out great every time you bake them.
- Avoid over-mixing the batter. Stir the wet ingredients together well and then mix in the dry ingredients so that the batter is lumpy. Over-mixing will produce a tougher bread.
- Quick Breads with nuts actually taste better the day after baking. So wrap up the loaf of bread in plastic and store overnight before slicing and serving.
- Check your quick breads 15 minutes before the baking time is up. If the bread is browning too much on the top, cover the top with foil to prevent the bread from burning and drying out.
- Test the loaf with a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean the bread is finished baking.
- If your bread has a crack along the top of it, that is actually a good thing. It means that your bread batter has expanded properly.
Also Check: The Pie Delivery Salt Lake City
How To Make Banana Bread With Peanut Butter
This is an easy quick bread recipe to make. Mix up the dry ingredients in one large bowl like all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. You want to use a whisk to stir it up so there are no clumps in the flour.
In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Stir together the mashed banana, eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract.
Combine the wet into the dry ingredients and stir. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and then spread the batter into two 8×4-inch loaf pans. I like to then top each loaf with some additional chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Vegan Banana Bread
This peanut butter chocolate chunk vegan banana bread is hands down, the best banana bread Ive ever had. I know, I know. Youve seen a lot of vegan banana breads in your life. Since I pride myself on uniqueness, this banana bread has it all. It is filled with peanut butter and chocolate chunks, topped with a peanut butter glaze. It is easy to make and perfectly moist. Sweet and hearty. You can serve it as is, or warm it up a bit and slather with some vegan butter. If you have some ripe bananas you need to use up, look no further. This recipe uses mostly ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and you will never want to make another banana bread again!
Also Check: Store Bought Garlic Bread In Oven
What Does Peanut Butter Do For Banana Bread
Well, Im awfully glad you asked.
Not only does peanut butter add rich flavor, it also makes banana bread ultra-soft. Like, unbelievably soft and velvety.
The texture is amazing.
All of the ingredients get thrown into one bowl and mixed together like a good quick bread. Meaning, dont over mix. Just stir until those little dusty dry streaks disappear.
Can You Freeze Ripe Bananas
Dont ever throw out those ripe bananas. Mash them up instead and freeze ripe bananas in 1 cup increments in freezer zip bags. They freeze up just fine, and then youve got them for banana bread when the mood strikes.
Speaking of freezing, these loaves freeze well. Since the recipe makes two, freeze one and eat the other. You can also make these up as muffins instead of loaves.
Recommended Reading: Mermaids Bakery Cupcakes Cakes & Pies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is an easy quick bread recipe that you can whip up with simple pantry ingredients – rich, moist and oh-so pretty!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Upgrade your banana bread recipe with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread version. Its an easy quick bread recipe that is loaded with cocoa powder for a delicious and decadent added chocolate flavor! Youll love how tender, moist and flavorful it is a true chocolate lovers dream!
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
1: Start by whisking together the dry ingredients in a large bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
2: Add your bananas to another large bowl and mash them. I usually just use a fork, and you dont have to go too crazy. You do want them mashed all the way, but you will still have some small chunks.
3: To the bananas, add the eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
4: Mix it all together.
5: Pour this banana mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture.
6: Gently mix this together until it is almost combined.
7: Add the chocolate chips.
8: Now mix again to incorporate the chocolate chips, but be careful to not overmix the batter.
9: Pour the batter into a 9×5-inch loaf pan. I like to line mine with parchment paper so that it is easy to remove, but you can also just grease the pan.
10: Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the center of the bread is set and a tester comes out clean, about an hour. I like to start checking on it around 45 minutes.
Read Also: Cracker Barrel Pies To Order
How To Make This Banana Bread
This bread is a riff on Elises classic Banana Bread with just a few adjustments to accommodate the peanut butter.
I use a creamy, commercial brand of peanut butter here. I dont usually bake with natural peanut butter because it tends to take a little more finessing to incorporate. I beat the peanut butter a bit before mixing it into the batter, just like you often do with cream cheese. I want it to soften and smooth out so it will incorporate more easily.
You could use chunky, but I prefer creamy. It shouldnt cause any issues if you were to substitute one for the other.
Since peanut butter can weigh down a batter, I also added some milk to the recipe to keep the loaf from being too heavy.
You can use mini or regular chocolate chips here, or even chopped bar chocolate. Its really your preference. If you do use bar chocolate, just know it will melt more readily than chips . I avoid topping the batter with bar chocolate, because it can melt off and burn as it bakes. Just add some to the top when it comes out of the oven.
Better Than Your Regular Banana Bread This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Has All The Flavors You Loved As A Kid It Will Take You Back To Grandmas Kitchen And Beyond
Based on how many recipes I have here on the blog, its very safe to say that I really like banana bread.
Both the taste and the aroma take me back to my moms kitchen. I know Im not the only one who grew up with their mothers or grandmothers making banana bread every time a bunch of bananas was left on the counter too long.
Even before I started baking regularly I was known to make banana bread pretty regularly.
A loaf of banana bread is just complete comfort food to me. The smell as its baking, the butter melting into the warm slice and that magnificent taste it doesnt get any more satisfying than that.
Pair it with a cup of coffee or tea and youve got yourself an ideal breakfast, snack or dessert.
You May Like: How To Make Blueberry Pie
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread has all of life’s essentials, right?! Peanut butter, banana bread, and chocolate. You really can’t get much better than that.
When I am feeling like lots of peanut butter I will even use peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips in this quick bread recipe. So yummy and perfect for peanut butter cravings .
Banana Bread Vs Banana Cake
Im not quite sure what the difference is between a banana bread and a banana cake I think the former is more dense and bread-like in texture, whilst the latter is essentially a cake which uses bananas to sweeten and moisten the cake.
But both terms are often used interchangeably and, I think, banana bread is the more widely used term.
I love to serve this particular Banana Bread still warm from the oven. So comforting on a cold day like today in Zurich .
Read Also: Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe
How To Make It
This is a very simple quick bread recipe, which consists of whisking the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another, and then folding them together. It takes less than 10 minutes to get it all mixed together, and then into the oven it goes!
- Prepare for baking: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan and then line with parchment paper so that it hangs over the two long sides.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt set aside.
- Whisk the wet ingredients: In a separate large bowl, whisk together the banana, peanut butter, sugars, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together: Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined and there are not spots with raw flour. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick or thin knife inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. If your bread appears to be browning too quickly, place a tented piece of foil over it.
- Cool entirely: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Storing And Freezing
- Serving suggestions: Drizzle with honey, smear a slice with additional peanut butter, or dish out with slices of fresh banana mashed on top.
- Storing: For moist banana bread, keep your loaf wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then stored in an air-tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
- Freezing: You can store the whole loaf or slices of this banana bread in the freezer for up to 1 month. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then cover with foil. Leave wrapped while thawing.
Also Check: How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Gravy
What You Need For This Banana Bread:
- Bananas: You want super ripe bananas!
- Vegan Butter, Apple Sauce, Peanut Butter, Vanilla and Non-dairy Milk: For the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Cane Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt: For the dry ingredients.
- Dark Chocolate: I get giant dark chocolate bars from Trader Joes and cut them into chunks.
- Powdered Sugar: Mixed with peanut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla and salt make the peanut butter glaze for the top.
So, the other day, I just happened to have bananas sitting on the counter, staring me down. Begging to be used. So, I decided to make this peanut butter chocolate chunk vegan banana bread, without much intention of sharing it with you guys, But, after I tasted it, I just had to! I try not to do recipes that have been done, especially ones I have seen repeatedly. However, this banana bread is not like the others. This banana bread is special. It is the most delicious thing you will do with bananas probably this century! If you love sweet bread, try my Vegan Apple Pie Bread!
How Many Loaves Does This Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe Make
This recipe makes either one large loaf or two medium loaves. I actually prefer going with the two medium loaves. Sometimes when baking a large loaf in a 9 x 5 pan I often times get overly browned edges, and an under-cooked middle.
Dividing the batter between two medium 8 x 4 pans helps alleviate this, as the bake time is typically reduced by about 7-10 minutes.
I also have a mini-loaf pan that makes 4 mini loaves. Ive used this with my Cinnamon Pear Quick Bread, and could certainly be used with this recipe as well. For the mini loaves, test with a toothpick after about 30-35 minutes of baking.
Perfect for a breakfast treat or afternoon snack!
After the bread had cooled, slice into these loaves for an amazing breakfast snack or afternoon treat. Youll discover the big chocolate chips and delicious chunks of peanut butter chips in the middle of the loaf. This bread is awesome stashed away in kids lunchboxes, and is great to come home to for an after-school snack, as well!
Love a great peanut butter treat? Check out some of my other delicious chocolate & peanut butter treats:
Read Also: Marie Callender Pies At Walmart
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
The whole mixing process is very easy and resembles making a muffin. This means, we first mix all the wet ingredients together and then fold in the dry ones. So simple, right?
3. In the third step, you’ll add in the dry ingredients, which you’ve previously whisked together, and fold them using a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula. Be careful not to over mix the batter!
4. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and give the batter a stir to evenly disperse them.
5. Pour the batter into the pan you’ve greased and lined with parchment paper, even it out and sprinkle the top with extra mini chocolate chips.
6. Bake for about an hour in a preheated oven, at 165°C . It’s done when the skewer inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Remember: Ovens vary and often have hot spots or are not distributing the heat evenly. Your banana bread might take a longer or shorter time in the oven. Get to know your oven or buy an oven thermometer and see what’s the real temperature in there!