This Is What A 30 Lb Box Looks Like
You can find them in your local grocery store. The stores carry 15 oz. and 3 lb. packages.
Wymans has also taken a National Leadership Role in the effort to save the honey bees. Thank you Wymans! Without honey bees we are in danger of losing wild berries not to mention more than half the worlds food supply. To find out how you can do your part to help the bees check out this link found on the Wymans website.
What Raised Right Means To Crowd Cow
No Unnecessary Antibiotics
Animal welfare is of utmost importance to us, and we only work with farms and producers that provide humane and clean living environments for their livestock.Better living conditions mean animals are naturally healthier so antibiotics simply aren’t necessary.In the rare cases where an animal gets sick or requires medical attention, antibiotics are only used therapeutically never to promote growth or to “proactively” prevent diseases.
No Added Hormones
We believe animals should develop at their own pace 100% free of artificial growth hormones.In other markets, animals are not typically provided enough space to build up their muscle, so hormones are given to promote growth.In contrast, our farms take the extra time, care, and effort to allow their animals to grow the way nature intended, gaining weight naturally.This translates to not only the safety and health of the animals, but also the premium quality of our products.
Personally Known & Taste-Tested
We have strong relationships with each producer we work with and have done our homework to ensure they meet our high standards.We only supply meat and seafood that we’d put on our own tables a product that’s delicious and raised ethically, cleanly, and sustainably always taste-tested by experts and better than anything you can find in your grocery store.
What Is Blueberry Crisp
Blueberry crisp is a popular American dessert thats easy to make and tastes a lot like blueberry crumb pie, minus the pie crust. It consists of a juicy blueberry filling and buttery crumb topping. The two are layered and then baked until the berries have softened and the topping has browned. The result? A juicy blueberry dessert with a crisp buttery topping. If youve never tried it before, do yourself a favor and give berry crisp a try. With a scoop of ice cream on top, I know you wont regret it!
Recommended Reading: 32 Inch Pie Cut Lazy Susan
Darlenes Cheesy Chicken Fritters
Like everyone else, we suddenly are spending a lot of time at home. In addition to finally getting to some items on our to do list, we are trying out some new recipes to share. We cant take credit for this one it comes from our next door neighbor Darlene who watches the Farm and Blue for us. We tried it today for lunch and everyone liked it.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts/chicken tenders/ground chicken
- 2 Large eggs
Lemony And Moist Hermit Cookies
While most Hermit cookies are dryer than your usual bar cookie, yet none-the-less delicious, these have a crusty shell commonly found in Hermits but with a tangy, moist center. These Maine originals, topped with Maines own Worcesters Blueberry Chutney, will harken you back to generations long lost, but certainly not forgotten.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Juice from 2 lemons, divided
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 jar Worcesters Blueberry Chutney
Line a baking pan with parchment or waxed paper. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, ginger, baking soda and cloves. In another bowl, beat sugar, molasses, butter, egg, juice from 1 lemon and zest on high until creamy and smooth. Add the wet with the dry, blending with a sturdy spoon. The dough should be very thick and resemble cookie dough. If not, add a tablespoon more flour at a time. On a lightly floured work surface, divide the dough in half and roll out each mound into a log, about 12 inches long. Place on prepared baking pan and repeat with remainder of dough, leaving 3-4 inches between each log. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Bake hermits for 17-19 minutes, or until crisp all around but only slightly browned on bottom.Remove from oven, let cool a minute or two and transfer to a rack or platter. When completely cooled,slice on the bias and serve with Worcesters Blueberry Chutney spooned over the top.
Also Check: Domino’s Piece Of The Pie Rewards
Hello Im A Food Photographer In New England
Hi! Im Amber Rogals and I work as a food photographer, stylist and recipe developer throughout the New England area, capturing various food stories, products and recipes. I also write regularly on my food blog, Downeats. I love to inspire others to cook and enjoy delicious, healthy meals with their loved ones. I grew up and still live in Maine with my high school sweetheart and our children. I believe in living slow and enjoying life and I love to capture shared moments. You can read more about me here. If you are looking for a food photographer or recipe developer please take a look at my services page here.
Order Maine Pie Co Wild Blueberry Pie Online
Add Maine Pie Co. Wild Blueberry Pie to your order today. All orders of $100 or more receive free shipping. We ship your seafood and dessert order to anywhere in the United States.
Baking Instructions:Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie from freezer and take off plastic wrap. Bake frozen pie on bottom rack for 20 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350°F and move pie to the middle rack and continue to bake until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly . Remove pie from oven and allow to cool for approximately one hour. Enjoy! Convection: Adjust time and temperatures accordingly.
Don’t Miss: Quick And Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Nutrients In Wild Maine Blueberry Pie Filling
Wild Maine Blueberry Pie Filling might not be vegetarian!
Wild Maine Blueberry Pie Filling might not be vegan!
Wild Maine Blueberry Pie Filling might not be gluten-free!
Daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Actual daily dietary requirements vary by person. Data displayed on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for a doctor’s advice. Consult with your doctor before changing your diet. Nutrition labels on this site are for illustration purposes only. Data from USDA FoodData Central.
Here Are Some Things To Keep In Mind:
If youre someone who hesitates to make a pie because you fear working with pie dough, lets change that right here, right now. Click HERE to go to our PIE DOUGH recipe or click HERE to watch our simple 1-minute video tutorial. The one truth every seasoned pie maker knows is that practice makes perfect!
Whenever we prepare a dessert that involves only one fruit, you simply have to find the best. Wild blueberries never, ever disappoint.
Up here in Ontarios cottage country, wild blueberry picking is a time-honoured tradition where just a bit of effort can reap joy-inducing rewards. If heading off into the bush isnt your thing, keep your eyes peeled for the arrival of these petite, jewel-like berries at local farm stands.
While we especially love wild blueberries for their intense, tangy flavour, lets not forget their other important attribute they hold their shape, texture and colour when baked and used in food preparation.
SUGAR & SPICE
I used two sugars in this recipe and love the depth of flavour they added. I also think the pinch of both ground cinnamon and nutmeg played perfectly off of the natural tang of wild blueberries. Since Im only calling for a pinch of each, give this hit of fragrant spices a try I know youll love it.
THE UPPER CRUST
Read Also: Bean Pie Recipe Muhammad Speaks
Two Fat Cats Wild Maine Blueberry Pie
Portland is arguably New Englands best bakery town, and Two Fat Cats is one of our favorites. Its the kind of classic bakery where you buy your kids birthday cakes, where the pie can cure whatever ails you, and where you stop on a whim for a simple but unimprovable chocolate chip cookie. But they also make an outstanding blueberry pie, which is why senior food editor Amy Traverso spent an afternoon baking with their team as part of a segment on Maine blueberries for a season three episode of Weekends with Yankee. We filmed the blueberry harvest in Machias, Maine, then returned to the Two Fat Cats kitchen to pile a mix of blueberries, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar into a flaky crust.
Co-owner Stacy Begin recommends baking this pie with unthawed frozen berries for two reasons: Freezing sets the berries pigment, which makes a prettier filling, and the cold fruit keeps the fat in the crust from melting before it hits the oven.
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- ¾ teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening, cut into small pieces
- 68 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons milk, for brushing
Maine Blueberry Pie With Crumb Topping
I make this delicious fruit pie with small Maine berries, but you can use any variety you like. The shortbread topping adds a sweet crunch. – Jessie Grearson, Falmouth, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
|1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
|6 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
|3/4 cup sugar
|1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
|1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, optional
|1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pie crust into a 9-in. cast-iron skillet or deep-dish pie plate flute edges., In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and, if desired, thyme and lemon zest toss gently. Spoon into crust dot with butter., In a food processor, cover and process cookies until coarsely chopped. Add the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour, salt and cinnamon process until crumbly. Sprinkle over berry mixture., Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 45-55 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Fat 19g fat , Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 264mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate , Protein 4g protein.
Read Also: Best Pecan Pie To Ship
Wild Blueberry And Peach Pie
Add to Recipes
- 2 Tablespoons creme de cassis
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, peeled and diced
- Pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 1 egg white
Maine Wild Blueberry Pie
This traditional Maine Wild Blueberry Pie recipe brings out the sweet and refreshing taste of blueberries and isnt overpowered by the taste of lemon or the texture that can come from using too many thickeners. Serve with a tall glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Note: Some folks consider this pie a bit runny, but thats how many New Englanders prefer it.
- 5 cups fresh wild blueberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
Read Also: Vegan Gluten Free Apple Pie
More About Best Maine Blueberry Pie Recipes
BLUEBERRY MINI PIES – MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
MAINE BLUEBERRY PIE – BAKE FROM SCRATCH
FromEstimated Reading Time
DOUBLE-CRUST MAINE BLUEBERRY PIE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
TWO FAT CATS WILD MAINE BLUEBERRY PIE – NEW ENGLAND TODAY
FromServingsEstimated Reading Time
MAINE WILD BLUEBERRY PIE – FRESH EGGS DAILY®
FromServingsEstimated Reading Time
MAINE WILD BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE – YANKEE MAGAZINE
FromServingsEstimated Reading Time
BLUEBERRY PIE | TRADITIONAL SWEET PIE FROM MAINE, UNITED …
MAINE WILD BLUEBERRY PIE – WILD BLUEBERRIES
MAINE WILD BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE – BAKING.FOOD.COM
- Clean fresh blueberries and put in bowl. In a separate bowl, mix sugars, tapioca, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on blueberries, then gently fold into sugar mixture. Let sit 45 minutes, then gently stir again. Pour into pie shell.
- Cover with second crust. Crimp edges with fingers and flute. Make 5 small slits on top. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
THE ONLY BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE YOU NEED – GEMMAS BIGGER …
FromEstimated Reading Time
SIMPLY THE BEST BLUEBERRY PIE | SALLY’S BAKING ADDICTION
FromEstimated Reading Time
MAINE BLUEBERRY PIE IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
FromEstimated Reading TimeFrom
Traditional Maine Wild Blueberry Pie
- 6Cups Blueberries
Make the Pie Dough
- Scoop the flour into a large mixing bowl, and measure in the salt.
- Use a knife to cut in the butter, then, using your fingertips, crumble up the butter into small, pea-sized pieces. It should be evenly distributed in the flour without any large pieces of butter left. Alternatively, you can use a food processor and pulse the butter into small pieces.
- Pour in the cold water and mix with a spoon until everything starts to come together into a slightly sticky dough. There should be no dry spots of flour, but if the dough still feels too dry or crumbly, add an additional tablespoon of cold water.
- Form the dough into two evenly sized balls, and wrap each in cling wrap or a clean, dry recycled plastic bag. After wrapping them, flatten them into a disc shape.
- You will only be using one of the two crusts for the pie, so place one in the fridge and if you do not have plans for the other one within the next few days, place it in the freezer. If you plan on making two pies, or using the second pie dough for something, place them both in the fridge. For the blueberry pie, the dough needs to chill for at least two hours.
Blueberry Pie Filling
Bake and Assemble
For the Whipped Cream
- Combine the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk on high speed until the cream is heavy and holds together, about 3 minutes. Take care not to over whip or your whipped cream will turn into butter!
Recommended Reading: How To Make Apple Pie