Recipe Tips + Storing
Best way to Cut: Cutting even clean slices can be a breeze or a nightmare. This is how I am able to successfully cut the ice cream cake.
STORE your ice cream sandwich cake light wrapped in foil and in the freezer.
This is such a great dessert to make-ahead of time. Just keep it frozen until youre ready to serve to friends and family! This cake will last about a month in your freezer. Such a perfect summer make-ahead party recipe!
Theres nothing better than a delicious, cool treat on a hot summer day. With this cake being as simple as it is, we have a feeling it will become a go-to all season long.
For more cold treats:
Why We Love Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Quick And Easy This oreo ice cream cake recipe almost feels like cheating, its so easy anyone can put it together and the kids can help with this delicious recipe. Its the perfect treat for Oreo lovers!
- Great For Birthdays And Parties Perfect for a birthday cake , pool parties, and BBQs. This easy ice cream cake is just made for hot summer days!
- Delicious Taste! If you like the infamous Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake or Baskin-Robbins ice cream cakes, youll love this copycat no-bake dessert!
How To Make Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Unwrap and place 12 ice cream sandwiches into the bottom of a 9×13 pan for an ice cream layer. Slice any ice cream sandwiches necessary with a knife to fit all ice cream sandwiches in a flat layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half of the cool whip mixture over the ice cream sandwiches with a rubber spatula or butter knife.
- Drizzle ¼ cup of the chocolate sauce over the top of the whipped cream layer.
- Sprinkle half of the crushed Oreos on top as the next layer.
- Repeat the same layers again. First a second layer of ice cream sandwiches, then a second layer of whipped topping, then topped with 1/4 cup of chocolate sauce drizzled on top. Top with extra crushed Oreo cookies if desired.
- Cover the dish and place into the freezer for at least 3-4 hours. Then slice to serve, enjoy!
Also Check: Kentucky Derby Pie For Sale
Why We Love Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Easily turn ice cream sandwiches and Oreos into a crazy good no-bake cake in just a few minutes with some easy-to-manage steps and a little time in the freezer.
If youre going to make a birthday Ice Cream Sandwich Cake you will love the Blue Bunny Birthday Cake flavor ice cream sandwiches, which pair well with Birthday Cake Oreos or Golden Oreos. Throw some sprinkles on top and youre ready to party!
Recipe: Brownie Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Summary: This delicious layering of many of my favorites brownies, oreos, whip cream & ice cream sandwiches create the perfect cool dessert.
- One box of ice cream sandwiches
- 15-20 Oreo cookies
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 carton thawed whipped cream
- 1 box brownie mix
Preparation time: 10 minute
Also Check: Best Cherry Tree For Pies
Why This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Is Really The Best
- The perfect no bake dessert, for keeping the kitchen cool, and cooling down with in the summer time.
- The easiest dessert, with only 5 minutes, and only a few minutes of actual work time.
- Easily customizable to make the cake any flavor, with a variety of ice cream, and topping options.
- And did I mention SO delicious?
Can I Make This Recipe In Advance
Yes this Oreo cake needs to freeze for at least four hours, but you can easily make this cake a day or two in advance. If making this ice cream sandwich cake further in advance, I recommend covering the container the cake in an airtight container or tightly wrapped plastic wrap. You can add extra chocolate sauce or cookie crumbles after removing from the freeze to decorate.
If the cake has been in the freezer for a while, it can be a good idea to allow the ice cream cake to sit on the counter for at least 15 minutes before you try to slice it.
Recommended Reading: Hills Science Diet Large Breed Puppy
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Your family’s new favorite, easy dessert! This 5-ingredient ice cream sandwich cake is a no-bake treat that’s ready with just 10 minutes of prep. Just layer ice cream sandwiches with Cool Whip and all of your favorite toppings — chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, sprinkles, M& M’s, and more — then re-freeze, slice, and serve. Bring on summer!
Faq Common Recipe Questions
How do I store leftover ice cream sandwich cake?
Wrap the dish tightly with aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 7 days.
What flavor combinations would be good for an Oreo ice cream sandwich cake?
Mint is the first one that comes to mind, and it would be extra refreshing on a hot day.
Swap the regular cookies for mint flavored ones, then add a drop or two of peppermint extract to the whipped topping.
Birthday Oreos pair well with colorful sprinkles, while the Golden variety complements fruit flavors without being overwhelming.
See what flavors of cookies and extracts are available when you go shopping, then decide how best to combine them.
Dont miss a thing! Follow us on | | |
Don’t Miss: Mrs Anderson’s Pie Crust Shield
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe With Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are raiding the frozen dessert aisle for this easy cake a cake that doesnt need baking or even a mixer. Lets just say this is more of an assembly operation.
You know those classic chocolate ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream? Well, they make the best ice cream cake! This recipe is similar to an icebox cake and uses those classic frozen treats to make a deliciously cold and creamy cake that you can slice and serve. It looks like a layer cake.
The best news? You only need five ingredients to make this cake, and its ready to go in the freezer in about 10 minutes. Ice cream cake with ice cream sandwiches is my ideal summer dessert!
Switch It Up With These Variations
- You can use any ice cream sandwich flavor you like. Ive tried ones with chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and Neapolitan ice cream all three are fantastic.
- If you like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or other round ones, youll need a few more sandwiches.
- Feel free to use your favorite Cool Whip all of them will work!
- For the cookies, use your favorite Oreos or use any cookie that you can crush.
- For the sauces, feel free to use caramel saucein place of the chocolate or do a combo of both.
- You can also add your favorite chopped candy and/or chopped nuts chopped peanut butter cups, candy bars, walnuts, peanuts, and almonds would all work great. Moral of the story?
Get creative and put your own spin on this easy ice cream cake. You probably can switch it up every time you make it and never have it the same way twice. Sounds good to me! Enjoy!
Don’t Miss: Grand Traverse City Pie Company
More Recipes You Will Love
Whipped Hot Chocolate Creamy whipped hot chocolate is the perfect dessert, and can be served cold or hot.
Strawberry Poke Cake Sweet vanilla cake topped with a strawberry sauce that swirls into the cake with a whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries on top! This is an easy and delicious cake to bring to a party, and is always a party pleaser!
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Make homemade chocolate chip ice cream right in your own home without an ice cream maker. This easy no churn ice cream recipe is creamy, fun to make with the kids and delicious!
Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream No ice cream machine needed to make this delicious strawberry swirl ice cream either. A creamy vanilla ice cream base is swirled with a strawberry sauce and strawberry pieces for a delicious treat!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Variations
- Neapolitan: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches and chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla ice cream.
- Mintchocolate: Choose mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches and mint chocolate ice cream.
- Candybar: Go with vanilla ice cream sandwiches with your choice of ice cream and your choice of crushed candy: toffee/Skor, M& Ms, Reeses, Snickers, Kit Kat, Rolos, whopper, etc.
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake with Magic Shell: Use vanilla ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream. Leave off the whipped cream and add Magic Shell® on top right before serving. Add a spoonful of whipped cream on the side as desired.
- Hot fudge or caramel sauce: For an even sweeter treat, add a drizzle of hot fudge or caramel sauce to your bars homemade or store-bought.
- Taste of home shares a variation without any additional ice cream .
You May Like: How Do You Make Blueberry Pie
Ice Cream Sandwich Oreo Cake
Ice Cream Sandwich Oreo Cake is truly an amazing dessert that almost everyone will love. Its easy to make, perfect for summer get-togethers, or even just for the family to have a round for a few days. Plus, it can be made as affordable as you want. The first time I had this, my Mom made it a little differently using some peanut butter and stuff. For my recipe, I wanted to stick with a traditional oreo flavor.
There isnt much more to be said for such a simple dessert.
Lets jump right into the details!
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Baskin Robbins
The cake is iced with an OREO infused icing and has a fudge border with chocolate drizzle along the edge. Baskin-Robbins guests can also celebrate National OREO Cookie Day on March 6 with a deal for 2 Off A Medium Milkshake featuring the Flavor of the Month OREO n Cold Brew available in the BR mobile app.
Pin On Yummilicious
Recommended Reading: Apple Pie With Crumb Topping
More Ice Cream Treats:
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer to soften for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lay out some parchment paper or foil on a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Lay 5 ice cream sandwiches together on the sheet.
- Spread half the ice cream evenly over the top of the ice cream sandwiches. Let it freeze for about 20 minutes if the ice cream is getting too melted.
- Lay another layer of 5 ice cream sandwiches, followed by the remaining ice cream, and the final layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 to 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Carefully lift the cake off the parchment paper and place it onto a large plate or cake dish.
- Spread the cool whip evenly over the sides and top of the cake.
- Warm up hot fudge chocolate just enough to spread it, and drizzle it over the top of the cool whip topping.
- Chop up Oreos with a food processor, or blender, knife, or hammered in a ziptop bag. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the freezer for 30 minutes, then slice and serve.
Storing & Transporting Tips
How long can you keep an ice cream cake in the freezer? This recipe is similar to all other ice cream cakes. You can store for about 5-7 days, well covered with aluminum foil, to keep its flavour and texture.
When I say well covered, use an airtight container or multiple layers of plastic wrap or foil. Freezer burn on an ice cream cake is possible, and you want to avoid that.
How to transport an ice cream cake without it melting? For short distances, transport straight from the freezer still wrapped, and keep it in the shade.
If transporting a longer distance, you could place in an insulated bag or cooler, with some ice or ice packs added to the bottom.
Many people I know have made this Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake for birthdays cakes to everyday desserts. It could not be more simple, and sometimes the easiest recipes are indeed the best ones.
Its a simple yet perfect recipe that I almost feel silly posting, yet truthfully most people dont think of making it.
You May Like: Patti Labelle Sweet Potato Pie Amazon
Recipe Variations For Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: Use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches for a combination of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream in your cake. You can garnish the cake with sliced fresh strawberries just before serving and sprinkle with chocolate chips. A drizzle of strawberry syrup would also be a good swap for the caramel.
- Magic Shell: instead of the chocolate syrup, drizzle the top of the cake with Magic Shell topping.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: put a birthday spin on this fun dessert! You can purchase Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches at many grocery stores and Super Target stores. Use rainbow sprinkles as a fun topping, too.
- Toppings: I used mini M& M’s , but Stephanie also suggested coarsely crushed Oreos, Heath toffee bits, chopped candy bars , chocolate chips, crushed waffle cones, chopped peanuts , Reese’s pieces or Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkles: Garnish with different colored sprinkles to match the upcoming holidays. For instance, one reader suggested using red, white and blue sprinkles for Memorial Day or July 4th, or you can pick rainbow sprinkles for a birthday party!
Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
My sons birthday is at the end of July and every year on his birthday it seems like were on vacation in a location where a birthday cake is hard to make.
On his first birthday, we were literally camping in the middle of nowhere so we made him a pyramid cake out of Twinkies.
I know its not rocket scienceand not actually baking, but it sure makes the kids ooh and ahh. They dont care if it takes minutes or hours to make. And since its the last day of National Ice Cream Month, here is this simple dessert.
Layer your ice cream sandwiches and a thick layer of whipped topping. From here you can sprinkle on any candy bars, Oreo cookies, or chocolate you like. My son wanted M& Ms but if it were my choice I would sprinkle some chopped Reeses peanut butter cups.
I like to drizzle some fudge topping / chocolate syrup in between layers too but you could also use caramel sauce.
You could use Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches or chocolate ice cream sandwiches.
This easy Ice Cream Cake is a simple no-bake dessert with layers of ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping, M& Ms, and chocolate sauce. The best part is you can personalize it however you want with crushed Oreos, graham crackers, Reese’s pieces, magic shell topping, or rainbow sprinkles. An easy dessert on a hot day!
Also Check: V Pie R 2h Solve For H
How Long Can I Keep Ice Cream Cake In The Freezer
This is a great make-ahead dessert because it does need at least a couple hours to set before serving. You can even make the night before so it will have all night to re-freeze this makes it much easier to get perfect slices!
For best flavor and texture, we recommend enjoying your homemade ice cream cake within a week. Keep covered as tightly as possible to prevent freezer burn or moisture from getting into the cake.
How To Make Oreo Ice Cream Cake
This recipe is so simple and takes only a few minutes! Just layer the ingredients, freeze and youre ready to eat! It also saves great and is just as delicious the next day.
TIP: Make sure the cool whip has softened before adding to the cake. This way you can easily spread it on top!
Also Check: Where To Buy Mini Pie Crust