Spring 2021 Classes: January 26 April 16 2021 Online
Advanced Grammar For Non-Native Speakers of English: Level 5Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:30 7:15 p.m.
*Minimum test scores required: TOEFL 57-58 or Accuplacer combined Rdg/S.Skills 210*This class helps students understand the structure of English. Students will study grammar to learn how to write more accurately in English.
Advanced Listening/Speaking For Non-Native Speakers of English: Level 6Tuesdays & Thursdays, 3:30 5:15 p.m.
*Minimum test scores required: TOEFL 57-58 or Accuplacer combined Rdg/S.Skills 210*This class improves your listening and speaking skills in a class setting. Students will practice how to take notes, understand the speakers message, and participate in classroom discussions. Students will also improve how to pronounce words through class talks, debates, and oral reports.
$159 per classLimited Time Access Scholarship
To take the Accuplacer for free, call CNM Testing and identify yourself as a PIE student. Be sure to ask for the closest test site: .
For information and to register , email , call or visit Student Services Center 112B.
Estudiar Ingls En Indianapolis: Program For Intensive English Indiana University
El programa de Inglés Intensivo de la Universidad de Indiana IUPUI ofrece capacitación académica en 7 niveles a estudiantes internacionales, visitantes, inmigrantes y ciudadanos estadounidenses. Además, ofrece 6 cursos durante el año, acceso completo a los recursos e instalaciones de IUPUI, y un ambiente vibrante y amigable.
Instituto: Programa de Inglés Intensivo Universidad de IndianaDirección: 425 University Boulevard, Cavanaugh Hall CA153, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, Estados UnidosTeléfono: 317-274-4743
Online 16 Week Session
- 4 Credit ENG 105 â Critical Reading And Writing In The University Community
- 3 PIE English courses:
- ENG 105 Lab â Support for ENG 105 course
- Academic Listening and Speaking
- 2 PIE Courses â Reading and Writing & Listening and Speaking
- Hybrid courses â 4 hours live lectures & ~16 hours self-guided activities per week
- Upon completion, an English Test is included for NAU admission
- Minimum English Scores to register: Duolingo 70, IELTS 5, TOEFL 45
Don’t Miss: Chicken Pot Pie Campbells Soup
Reviews About Program For Intensive English
- Elizabeth RubalcavaNovember 17, 2021, 8:37 pmvia GoogleCommentBeing a student of the PIE PROGRAM was the best decision in my life, the teachers are very professional and always provide the best attention.0
- David HernandezNovember 17, 2021, 6:41 pmvia GoogleCommentAt the PIE you can improve your skills and abilities in English quickly in a professional environment with excellent teachers. It is the best experience that you can have if you are trying to learn English as a second language/ En el PIE tu puedes mejorar tus habilidades y destrezas en Inglés rápidamente en un ambiente profesional con excelentes profesores. Esta es la mejor experiencia que tu puedes tener si estás tratando de aprender Inglés como un segundo idioma.0Reply
- Company’s official replyNovember 17, 2021, 5:28 pmvia GoogleThank you, David. We are grateful for your involvement at PIE and glad you are a part of our PIE family.0
English For Academic Purposes
By University policy, most graduate students who are non-native speakers of English are required to take the EAP Placement Test prior to registering for classes, before the start of their first semester on campus, even if they completed the TOEFL test. Students letter of admission from the Office of International Affairs will indicate if they are required to take this test. Some students who are permanent residents, political asylees, or undocumented without a U.S. degree are strongly encouraged to take the EAP Placement test. Graduate students in this category should speak to their advisor or the EAP Program about enrolling into an EAP course. Both undergraduate and graduate students may elect to take EAP courses even if they are not required to. Because the EAP Placement Test is a placement test used to accurately determine English language skill level, students do not need to “prepare” for it. The scores are used to assign EAP classes that best meet students academic needs that will provide favorable English experiences necessary for a successful career at IUPUI and beyond.The courses prescribed based on the students results on the EAP Placement Test are required. Students who have not completed their EAP requirements will not be able to graduate.
The minimum placement is no course below G513 or G520 for any student who will enroll on an F-1 or J-1 visa.
Also Check: Muslims Bean Pie Recipes
Program For Intensive English
The Program for Intensive English is an intensive English program at IUPUI. It offers academic English training in seven levels for international students, visitors, immigrants, and U.S. citizens. PIE graduates have gone on to Bachelors and Masters degree programs at IUPUI, Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College, and other universities.
The mission of the PIE is to provide non-native English speakers with high-quality, principled and research-based instruction that will help them develop the communication and academic skills as well as the cultural understanding necessary to be successful in academic, professional, and social settings.
Program Of Intensive English
Request More Information
CNM has more than 30 years experience teaching English as a Second Language. Our PIE students spend an estimated amount less than $18,000 to attend for two terms. This price includes the cost of tuition, books, and housing.
- Speak better English at work and school.
- Listen and speak with ease in discussions or meetings.
- Improve your accent when you present.
Read Also: Tillamook Marionberry Pie Ice Cream Review
Why Study At Indiana University
There are students from over 140 countries represented on campus, making us one of the most diverse in the nation. Additionally, IUPUI is the only university in the United States with two universities on one campus, meaning you get the benefits of being both an Indiana University and a Purdue University student. Depending on your major, you receive either an IU or a Purdue degree.
You can receive a world-class education, large merit-based scholarships, and study close to major business hubs that frequently recruit students for internships and jobs. Lastly, this is a great location for anyone that would prefer living in a city instead of a college town.