Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
Who doesnt love chocolate chip? If you have a chocolate chip lover in your house, or anyone who loves banana, this is the dessert for you! Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins combines the best of both worlds so you have some delicious banana bread muffins AND tasty chocolate chip sweetness.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
These chocolate chip banana bread muffins are easy to make when you have the right recipe to get the job done. It has chocolate chip deliciousness for the kid in all of us, and a grown-up banana bread taste as well. Combine the youthfulness of a fun chocolate flavor with the sweetness of the banana bread and you have a treat that everyone can love.
Chocolate Banana Muffins
These chocolate banana muffins are great to start your day with for breakfast, and they are sweet and delicious as a snack or dessert as well. You can enjoy them any time of day. They also make a great bake to take to potlucks, parties, or to share at the office. The ingredients are simple and the recipe is easy to put together so you dont need to spend hours in the kitchen prepping and baking to whip up this great recipe.
More great tasting desserts:
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake
- Instant Pot Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- Broiled Angel Food Cake
Brownie Mix Recipes
Ingredients in Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
Why Is This Recipe In Grams
I post my recipes in grams as it is the most accurate way to bake. Cups are not only inaccurate but they vary in volume worldwide. There is no way for me to provide one cup measure that works for everyone. However, posting in weight fixes this issue. If you would like the recipe in cups you are welcome to convert it yourself via google, but please do not ask me to do it for you as I am not comfortable providing a recipe using a method that I have not tested. Baking with a scale is easy, accurate, and also makes cleanup super simple. Here is the scale that I use if you would like a recommendation! Here’s to accurate baking!
- Total Time:1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield:One Loaf
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped , or chocolate chips of your choice
Nutritional Benefits Of This Classic Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- I use wholemeal spelt flour instead of regular wheat flour as it contains more minerals, fibre and nutrients. Spelt flour is also easier to digest as the molecular makeup is different than that of regular wheat flour. While both still contain gluten and wheat, spelt is often easier to digest for the gluten-intolerant.
- I love using full fat coconut milk or coconut cream and chia seeds to give this bread an extra nutritious component. Coconut and chia body contain a good amount of healthy fats to help with hormone balancing and healthy skin.
- I usually use eggs in my baking but thought Id use a flax egg instead to keep it plant-based for those who dont eat eggs, and it turned out great!
- Spices like cinnamon and nutmeg are not only totally delicious but theyre also anti-inflammatory and immune-supporting!
Now lets make a classic vegan chocolate chip banana bread!!
Also Check: Panbury’s Double Crust Hand Pies
Tips For Making This Recipe Perfectly:
- Use ripe bananas. The darker and spottier, the better!
- Dont skip the cinnamon. It helps to give the banana bread depth of flavour and complements the chocolate really well. You could also consider topping this banana bread with a cinnamon streusel like in these apple crumble muffins!
- Dont over-mix the batter. We dont have to be super careful with the batter here as banana bread isnt meant to be very airy, but to avoid a tough texture from overworking the gluten, make sure not to over-mix the batter once the flour has been added.
- Dont open the oven whilst the banana bread is baking. At least during the first half of cooking, dont open the oven as this will prevent the baking powder from working. Youll end up with a loaf with a dip in the middle which is not very pretty!
Fluffy Like A Cake With The Moist Richness Of Pumpkin Pie
So youve seen these pumpkin chocolate chip bars, drooled over them, but are you wondering how they taste? If so, allow me to elaborate. These pumpkin bars have the tender crumb and fluffiness of airy cake, while still boasting the delicious moist richness of pumpkin pie. With this chocolate chip pumpkin bar recipe, you wont be left with too-light texture, or heavy, dry crumb youll be savoring every indulgent, rich bite of pumpkin spiced decadence.
Read Also: Mcdonalds Guava And Cream Pie
Why We Love This Banana Bread
Before I went vegan, I love, love, loved the Starbucks banana bread. Making a vegan version was always on my priority list. And this is it!
- simple to make,
- uses up all those mushy ‘nanas,
- is made from mostly pantry ingredients,
- fills the house with intoxicating aromas,
- keeps really welland
- is great for school lunches being nut-free
Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe : a one bowl recipe for deliciously moist banana bread bursting with chocolate and made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
The last time I shared a bread recipe post that really touched people in an emotional way was Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread. I think about that post from time to time when Im getting down about myself and know that things need to change. My attitude, my outlook, my whole way of looking at things needs to change.
It should be as simple as turning that frown upside down, right?
But it isnt. Sometimes I think about the reasons why I started this blog. And it always starts with one point: my mom. Shes been my guiding light, my inspiration, my drive, my heart for more years than I can count. Okay since I was born. There, that was easy. Beaming Baker always starts with my mom.
The biggest and most important thing she ever taught me was to be kindto be opento people, to possibilities, to vulnerability. Things werent always roses growing up. I had another influence in my life that tried to impress upon me the complete opposite thing. And was very, very hard on all of us kids. I dont talk about this person very often and I still choose not to.
I am always open with you and I always try my darnedest to share in my experiencesin hopes that you will, too.
Why did I punish myself for making a simple mistake?
Does that even matter?
Don’t Miss: How Long Do I Bake Shepherd’s Pie
How To Make Vegan Banana Bread
We’re using classic pantry staples to make this simple, fluffy loaf. No egg substitutes required!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This vegan chocolate chip banana bread is moist, rich and packed with banana flavor and heaps of chocolate chips! Ideal for breakfast or dessert.
I absolutely adore banana bread, and ever since posting my recipe for a straight up delicious vegan banana bread, I have been wanting to try it with chocolate chips.
And this vegan chocolate chip banana bread tastes as good as it sounds. And as good as it looks!
Banana bread is the best thing to make when you have ripe bananas on hand. Some people would call this , overripe. But its not really, its just very ripe.
Its the stage where theyre not very appealing to eat straight up, but theyre still totally fine to use in baking.
You May Like: Pies To Send As Gifts
Can I Make This Loaf Gluten Free
Yes. There have been many remakes using a variety of gluten free options, I would mostly recommend a gluten free baking mix like this one but note I have not tried any of these versions. Instead I created this peanut butter, banana oat loaf for you, and you can substitute the peanut butter for tahini if you prefer.
What You Need For This Banana Bread:
- Bananas: You want super ripe bananas!
- Vegan Butter, Apple Sauce, Peanut Butter, Vanilla and Non-dairy Milk: For the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Cane Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt: For the dry ingredients.
- Dark Chocolate: I get giant dark chocolate bars from Trader Joes and cut them into chunks.
- Powdered Sugar: Mixed with peanut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla and salt make the peanut butter glaze for the top.
So, the other day, I just happened to have bananas sitting on the counter, staring me down. Begging to be used. So, I decided to make this peanut butter chocolate chunk vegan banana bread, without much intention of sharing it with you guys, But, after I tasted it, I just had to! I try not to do recipes that have been done, especially ones I have seen repeatedly. However, this banana bread is not like the others. This banana bread is special. It is the most delicious thing you will do with bananas probably this century! If you love sweet bread, try my Vegan Apple Pie Bread!
Read Also: Best Pecan Pie In The United States
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate chip banana bread is super easy to make and comes together in the time that it takes to preheat your oven. I added a simple chocolate streusel to mine, which you don’t need to do if you don’t want to, although I do highly recommend as it adds an amazing crunch factor.
Ingredients Notes And Substitutions
Before you head to the full recipe below, here are some additional ingredient notes and substitution ideas:
- Ground Flaxseed + Water – when combined, it will thicken and create an egg-like consistency. This helps bind everything together.
- Bananas – It is very important that you use spotty, overripe bananas or the loaf will not have much banana flavor.
- Brown Sugar – this will yield a moister crumb and add a hint of caramel flavor. However, cane sugar works nicely, too.
- Neutral-Flavored Oil – such as grapeseed, avocado, canola, sunflower, vegetable, etc. will all work well.
- All-Purpose Flour – I haven’t tried it with gluten-free flour yet, but it should work with a 1.1 gluten-free variety.
- Dutch-Process Cocoa – yields a rich chocolate flavor that complements the banana perfectly. Regular cocoa powder can be used too, just note that it will yield a lighter color and the chocolate flavor will be less intense.
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda – together they yield a tender loaf with the perfect rise.
- Cinnamon + Vanilla Extract – together they enhance the chocolate flavor and complement the banana really well. However, they are both optional.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – these are optional but really kick up the chocolate flavor.
- Sea Salt – this helps bring everything together so don’t skip this. You can reduce it though if preferred.
Don’t Miss: Ingredients To Make Pie Crust
How To Store And Freeze Banana Bread
This vegan banana bread cake keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container. To store it longer, you can freeze it for up to 1-2 months. Please make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and include as little air as possible to avoid freezer burn.
My little tip: Slice the loaf before freezing. Then place a piece of parchment paper between the individual slices and stack them up. Transfer the stack to freezer boxes or bags, seal airtight and freeze. So you can remove a slice anytime. Simply let it thaw at room temperature on the counter or in the microwave.
Tricks For A Super Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Here are a few tips and tricks for super moist banana chocolate chip bread:
- Don’t over mix your batter. This won’t directly impact the moisture as such, but it means the crumb will be a little tight from the formation of the gluten, so affects the texture.
- Yogurt banana bread recipe – adding greek yogurt to baking recipes helps with the moisture without making the batter too loose. I lean on this trick quite often. You can also use sour cream if you do not have any greek yogurt.
- Use super ripe bananas – ideally, the best bananas for banana bread should be almost black. Spotty ones are fine in a pinch, but that really rich banana flavour and moist texture is helped along by nice ripe bananas
- Don’t over bake. Over baked banana bread can mean that it is a little dry, so try to avoid this if you can. If the streusel is looking like it is getting dark before the bread is done, you can pop some foil over the top to stop it from burning. Use a skewer or a toothpick inserted into the bread to check for doneness – it should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
Recommended Reading: Emile Henry Ruffled Pie Dish
The Best Vegan Banana Bread
Oh yes, yes it does exist! I spent weeks perfecting this vegan banana bread recipe so that it had the right amount of sweetness, moisture and fluff factor. Its safe to say youre going to fall in love with this gorgeous loaf. So, what makes this vegan banana bread special?
- It doesnt use alternative eggs. Instead of making this banana bread vegan by using flax eggs or chia eggs, I simplified it even further so that there are no special ingredients necessary. The bananas actually act as an egg alternative in this recipe, similar to my vegan banana bread cinnamon rolls!
- It can be made gluten free. I knew Id get questions about making this vegan banana bread gluten free as well, so I provided some options for you in the notes section.
- You can easily jazz it up. I love adding walnuts and chocolate chips to this vegan banana bread, but the options are endless. Its delicious as-is without any mix-ins, too!
How To Make Vegan Banana Bread From Scratch
You’ll find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step 1: Mash the bananas well in mixing bowl.
Step 2: Stir in the wet ingredients and the baking soda. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Don’t over-mix!
Step 4: Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Transfer the batter to a lined loaf tin.
Step 6: Top with sliced banana or one of the topping ideas provided below. Bake in the oven at 175 degrees C for 50-60 minutes.
Voila! A delicious and completely comforting vegan banana bread! Pretty simple, right?
This vegan chocolate chip banana bread delivers the good fuzzies every time. It’s a simple-to-make recipe full of comforting and familiar flavours. Enjoy, x.
Also Check: How To Do A Pie Chart In Excel
Freezing & Thawing Tips
Yes, you can easily freeze this vegan banana bread! Heres the best way to freeze & thaw it:
Why This Recipe Works
- Replacing the eggs in traditional banana bread with flax eggs not only makes this vegan version healthier by making it cholesterol free, but it also binds this bread together without sacrificing moisture!
- Loaf breads made with coconut oil yield the softest, fluffiest baked goods! Breads made with apple sauce or even vegan butter are far more dense and less appetizing.
Recommended Reading: Repashy Grub Pie Bearded Dragon