Favorite Banana Bread Recipe
This is one of my staple baking recipes that I make regularly. It tastes amazing and is so soft and fluffy. I also make classic banana bread, but lets be honestdoesnt everything taste better with chocolate chips? Yes indeed!
Today Ill be sharing the BEST chocolate chip banana bread! Ive tried quite a few recipes and have finally nailed down the perfect banana breadwhich of course involves chocolate chips. ) Its always requested by friends and family and is super soft, sweet and absolutely delicious!
You can leave out the chocolate chips, but in my opinion, they make the bread! Also, feel free to add in some chopped walnuts or pecans too. My family prefers the bread without them, so we stick to straight chocolate chips. And who can argue with that?! )
Tips For Perfect Banana Bread
Room temperature ingredients Bring Greek yogurt and egg to room temperature before baking. Room temperature ingredients incorporate more easily into the batter and give this quick bread a tender crumb.
Bananas My favorite bananas for banana bread are ripe and speckled . For this recipe, youll use 1 cup mashed ripe banana. This is usually about 2 large bananas, or 3 smaller bananas. Place the ripe bananas in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher until completely mashed.
Mixgently Dont overmix the batter! Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together until almost incorporated, then gently fold in chocolate chips. The finished batter is textured and visibly lumpy.
How You Can Personalize Your Banana Bread Even More
If you need a dairy-free banana bread recipe easy peasy. Do what my daughter does for her husband, who has a milk allergy. She swaps vanilla-flavored almond milk yogurt for the Greek yogurt and uses dairy-free chocolate chips. This healthy chocolate chip banana bread is a staple in her house too.
If you dont want to use all whole-wheat flour, use a mixture of all-purpose flour and whole-wheat flour.
Dont like chocolate? That sounds crazy to me, but we can still be friends. Bake your banana bread plain or add blueberries.
Like nuts? Toss them in.
Cutting adding sugar even more? Try allulose or another low-calorie or no-calorie sweetener.
Read Also: 10 Inch Metal Pie Pans
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Classic Banana Bread is on the regular rotation at our house but when were craving chocolate, we make this Chocolate Banana Bread. It is the favorite of the children and we are quite smitten as well. Did I mention its EASY?
Its hard to wait for this to cool so I wait until its just no longer hot! The aroma that lingers in your kitchen is incredible and your home will smell like Christmas morning. Pair a warm slice with a mug of coffee and your morning is made. This is an excellent breakfast bread but it also works as a dessert bread .
Tips To Make A Loaf Of Delicious Banana Bread:
If you want to make this homemade banana bread more delicious, try these tips:
- Use ripe spotted bananas for making this recipe. If your bananas are just getting brown leave them for an extra day.
- It is best to have all the ingredients be at room temperature before you start mixing.
- You can mash the bananas well if you want a smooth and moist banana bread or you can leave them a bit chunky too.
- I generally use granulated sugar to make this banana bread recipe, but brown sugar works well too.
- Melted butter works much better for this banana bread as this a one-bowl recipe and does not use a mixer.
- Once you have added the dry ingredients, do not mix too much. Just fold in the flour gently.
- I have used semi-sweet mini chocolate chips for this banana bread recipe, but you can use normal sized chocolate chips as well.
- To keep your banana bread moist, wrap it in a plastic wrap and store it your kitchen counter or refrigerator.
Don’t Miss: Nothing Bundt Cakes Springfield Il
Lets Make This Quick Bread
Heres the best part: this takes a matter of minutes to mix up, and the delicious scent of banana bread baking is so pleasant. A make your morning kind of pleasant.
Or the perfect welcome home aroma for kiddos after a long day at school. Its comforting, cheerful, and will brighten up any situation. Freshly-baked banana bread does that, right?
Heres how easy it is to make our chocolate chip banana bread!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
by RichandDelish · This post may contain affiliate links ·
Sharing is caring!
This double chocolate banana bread is filled and topped with chocolate chips, extra moist, and melt in your mouth delicious. Since we started making this chocolate banana bread, it become our favorite banana bread recipe ever!
This double chocolate banana bread is perfect as a quick breakfast, dessert, or snack! This chocolate banana bread comes together in a snap and will become your favorite way to use ripe bananas.
- An extra moist banana bread that stays moist for 3 days!
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Is loaded with chocolate chips and is extra chocolaty!
- Perfect to make when you need a quick breakfast.
- Made in under an hour from start to finish.
You May Like: Rome Pie Iron Storage Bag
There Are A Few Ways To Make Sure You Make The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
First, you want to use really ripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the sweeter this bread will be.
If your bananas arent heavily spotted with brown spots, you may want to add an extra two tablespoons of sugar to make up for a little extra sweetness.
Then, lets be real, the chocolate chips are what makes this the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
Make sure to mix the chips into your dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients to help distribute them evenly.
This last tip will help with the presentation of the bread as well. Once youve poured the batter into the pan, take the back of a spoon to the center of the loaf to create a small dip. This will help the bread rise evenly.
How To Keep Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Moist
There are a few keys to keeping banana bread moist and tender:
- The correct ratio of fat and bananas to flour is key, since the fat and bananas add moisture to the batter. Too much fat or bananas, however, and the bread will be gummy and mushy.
- Do not over-mix the batter. Stir just until the ingredients are combined and you dont see any dry pockets of flour, then stop. A few lumps in the batter is normal. Overmixing the batter will activate the gluten in the flour, yielding a tough, dry bread.
- Do not overbake the bread or it will become dry. My loaves are typically done by the 55-minute mark, so check it early.
Also Check: Banana Cream Pie Order Online
Ingredients For Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- All purpose flour regular unbleached all-purpose flour works great for a moist banana bread. Do not pack it down when measuring or use a scale to get the right amount
- Unsalted butter butter brings the flavour! However, you can also use any neutral tasting oil.
- Brown sugar light or dark brown sugar works great in this recipe. It adds a lovely hint of molasses flavour and also keeps it extra moist.
- Dark chocolate chips I love using mini dark chocolate chips in my muffins, but you can use regular if thats all you can find. Semi-sweet works great.
Connect With Savor The Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Cook Time: Total Time:
This banana bread is studded with chocolate chips and a toffee-like flavor from the brown sugar. Use slightly overripe bananas for the best banana flavor.
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Don’t Miss: Nutro Dog Food Senior Small Breed
What Is Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
One day, some brilliant mind looked at their unappetizing brown bananas on their counter and thought, I can make bread with this.
Sometime later, another genius was eating banana bread and thought, You know what would make this perfect loaf even better? If I threw some chocolate in with it.
The rest is history.
Why You Will Love This Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy to make this recipe is a cinch to prepare! You dont need a mixer and can make it in one bowl with a whisk or a spatula.
- Super moist banana bread the loaf is SUPER moist and stays moist for days in an airtight container.
- Not too sweet the bananas are sweet enough that you dont need a lot of sugar to keep this cake moist.
- Light on the fat it doesnt use a ton of fat
- Chocolate chip banana bread there are plenty of mini chocolate chips so you get a hit of dark chocolate in every bite!
Also Check: Food Lion Cake Catalog 2022
Tips For The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Use very ripe bananas for maximum flavor and sweetness. You want them to look quite speckled and brown! Mash them in a bowl with a fork, or place them in a large Ziploc bag and squeeze them with your hands until theyre perfectly mashed.
- Be careful not to over-mix the batter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until theyre combined. Too much mixing and the bread will come out tough, dense, or dry. The key to keeping a quick bread moist is NOT over-mixing.
- The total baking time will vary depending on the type of pan that you use . I prefer light-colored pans , which cook the bread more evenly. Dark metal pans tend to cause the outside to burn before the inside cooks through. Youll know that the bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- If the top of the bread starts to get too dark before its cooked through, tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Do not overbake the bread or it will become dry. My loaves are typically done by the 55-minute mark, so check it early.
How I Made This Banana Bread Moist And Healthy
I approached healthifying this recipe in the same manner I approach most recipes. I ask: where can I cut calories, saturated fat and added sugars, and where can I add health-boosting nutrients or foods. Heres what I did and recommend.
- I used canola oil with its healthy fat profile instead of butter, which is high in saturated fats. If you dont have canola oil, soybean oil is another great option. Using oil, instead of solid fat also helps maintain that moist and tender texture you love without under-cooking your banana bread.
- Folding in Greek yogurt at the end boosts moisture and tenderness too.
- Mix your banana bread by hand. Youll get out of the kitchen faster, plus you wont risk over-mixing your batter, which leads to a denser loaf.
- Use as little sugar as possible. I used 1/2 cup of sugar and find that its the perfect sweet spot between too sweet and boring. If your sweet tooth isnt as pronounced as mine, you might be able to use slightly less.
- Instead of baking with all-purpose flour, I used white whole-wheat flour, which is a softer form of whole-wheat flour. Though it doesnt contain the phytonutrients of regular whole-wheat flour, the rest of the nutrition is on par and quite good.
Don’t Miss: Pie Jaws For Kitagawa Chuck
What Can I Add To Banana Bread
There are so many fun ways to jazz up banana bread! Here are a few ideas:
Mix 1/4 cup peanut butter into the batter and add chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Mix in toffee bits. The toffee will melt during baking and leave sweet little spots of caramel.
Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cinnamon sugar over the batter and then pour the rest of the batter on top. This will create a delicious cinnamon swirl.
Glaze! Add a peanut butter glaze or a chocolate glaze or a maple glaze. It’s amazing how a simple glaze can change a loaf of bread into a beautiful loaf cake!
Add 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract, 1/2 teaspoon of butter extract, and 1/2 cup of sprinkles to make funfetti bread!
What You Need To Make This Recipe
Bananas you have to use overripe bananas for this to work. They should have brown and black spots all over and be soft so they are really easy to mash. Overripe bananas are extra sweet and soft making them perfect for baking with.
Vanilla use vanilla extract for a real vanilla taste and stay away from vanilla essence which is synthetic.
Butter softened butter is a must so bring it out of the fridge in advance. Its creamed together with the sugar and the only way to do that is by using softened, room-temperature butter.
Sugar I use granulated sugar for this but brown sugar will also work.
Chocolate chips I love to use semi-sweet chocolate chips because banana bread is already really sweet. If you want you can use bittersweet chocolate which will also be delicious or even milk chocolate if you dont mind the extra sweetness.
Salt even in sweet recipes salt is an important ingredient, you dont need much at all but it really enhances the flavors!
Also Check: American Pie Band Camp Free
Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
WAIT! Dont do it! Dont throw those ripe bananas away!
Ripe bananas are the secret to sweet, moist chocolate chip banana bread!
The secret to making deliciously moist, sweet, and flavorful banana bread is to use very ripe, almost ready-to-trash bananas. Thats how I make my Dulce de Leche Banana Bread too!
I love making homemade banana bread with frozen bananas. It keeps banana bread extra moist and super sweet.
Once you start seeing black spots on the banana peels, thats when bananas are at their sweetest. Dont throw them out.
Let me show you how to make MOIST chocolate chip banana bread!
How To Ripen Bananas In The Oven
Want to make this bread right away, but your bananas arent ripe yet? You can ripen the bananas in the oven! To do so, preheat the oven to 300°F. Place bananas on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until mushy and sweet. The banana peels will turn a black, shiny color , but dont worry the insides will be perfect. Just let the mashed banana cool completely before using in the recipe.
Also Check: Top 10 Large Breed Puppy Foods
Why Is This The Best Banana Bread
Let me explain why this is the last banana bread recipe youll ever need. First off, its outrageously moist . This recipe has butter as well as sour cream, which not only make it unbelievably soft, they also give great flavor, as opposed to a lot of banana bread recipes that are made with oil. Of course I use walnuts in this recipe, that you can omit if you must, but I urge you not to, at least the first time you make this recipe.
BUT the real secret to this recipe on supreme moistness and banana flavor iswait for itSLICED BANANAS. You add some mashed and some thinly sliced. Is your mind blown yet?
Adding the sliced bananas into the bread leaves little pockets of banana that you wouldnt normally have when its mashed. Not enough that it is mushy, that wouldnt be good just the exact perfect thing your banana bread has been missing all along. Im telling you, this is legit.
The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe Ever
May 25, 2020
Deliciously easy baked banana bread loaded with chocolate chips is a family favorite try with good quality butter for a knockout breakfast!
There is nothing more comforting, warming, and delicious than a warm, gooey, and moist banana bread just out of the oven full of melty chocolate chips and tons of fresh banana flavor.
This banana bread recipe is one of my favorites it is designed to be easy , and adaptable .
This recipe is one of my favorite easy baked banana bread recipes loaded with chocolate chips and tons of flavor.
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family!
If youd like to try this recipe as blondie-style banana bars, please find my recipe here.
Recommended Reading: Artisan Bakers Keto Bread Costco
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
If theres anything better than a loaf of homemade banana bread, you can rest assured youve found it: chocolate chip banana bread. Not only is this banana bread studded with a generous amount of chocolate chips, but it also has a lovely toffee-like flavor thanks to the brown sugar.
Our recipe for banana bread with chocolate chips is a delicious, sweet indulgence, packed with plenty of chocolate and an intense banana flavor.
When it comes to banana bread, weve got you covered! Looking for a healthy spelt banana bread? Or a blueberry banana bread? Or how about your favorite copycat Starbucks banana bread? Despite the many variations of banana bread weve shared here over the years, none are quite like this chocolate chip banana bread! Its a perfect combination of sweet, chocolate-y, banana goodness.