Spinach Dip In Bread Bowl Recipe Tablespooncom
Provided by: TBSP Kitchens
|2 boxes frozen spinach leaves, chopped|
|1 cup regular mayonnaise|
|1 envelope onion soup mix|
|1 container sour cream|
|2 cans water chestnuts|
|3 green onions|
|1 loaf Hawaiian or sourdough bread|
- Soak both packages of frozen spinach in warm water to defrost.
- Drain spinach well. Ring out spinach like a wet towel to squeeze out excess juice, with hands.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and mix in sour cream, onion soup packet, mayo, green onion and water chestnuts. You may add as much mayo and/or sour cream to satisfy your taste. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Hollow out a large, round loaf of Hawaiian Bread , leaving at least a 2 inch wall. Place bread bowl on tray and pour in the dip.
- Use another loaf of bread to tear more pieces with and place around bowl.
ServingSize 1 Serving
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
A note about the Knorr Dry Vegetable Soup mix: there are about 7 dehydrated peas that you will have to pick out before you mix everything together from the packet. I mean, you dont HAVE to do this, but I dont think peas belong in bread dip. Just my personal take. This step takes about 4 seconds. If you want to avoid the pulling out peas step, stick to the Lipton dry vegetable soup mix, and you wont have to worry about this. But honestly, it isnt a big deal to sort the peas out. It wont take much time at all.
How To Make The Bread Bowl:
If you are making a bread bowl around any holiday most bakery departments in the grocery store have a large quantity of the traditional round pumpernickel bread. Our store has one or two every week. But it may be best to check with the bakery department in your store to make sure they will have the traditional round loaf. If you are not a fan of the darker heavier bread you can also use any round loaf that is somewhat dense like sourdough.
With a serrated long knife start about an inch from the edge of the loaf and cut out a circle in the middle. Be careful not to but through the bottom. Leave enough in the bottom so the dip does not leak through but make the hole deep enough for the whole recipe. Now you have the perfect bread bowl for your dip.
With the middle that you remove, cut into bite-size chunks to use for dipping. If I am having a large party I will buy a second loaf so I have enough for eating with the dip.
Read Also: Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Easy Spinach Dip Recipe
Green OnionsRound Loaf Pumpernickel or Sourdough Bread
Most often you can find Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix in the spice aisle at the grocery store. However, sometimes the green and yellow packet can be found where the dry Ranch dressing mix and French Onion Dip packets are located.
Although, depending on your geographic location, it may be difficult to find. In that case, you can easily purchase the packets online through Amazon following this affiliate link: Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix.
The first step in making this Easy Spinach Dip Recipe is to thaw the box of frozen spinach. Then cook the spinach according to package directions, either on the stove top or microwave.
Once the spinach has been cooked, drain it in a fine mesh colander and let it cool. Once cool enough to handle, use a tea towel or paper towels to squeeze out any excess moisture.
You will be shocked at how much moisture comes out of the cooked spinach. I find it easiest to dump the spinach in the center of a tea towel and twist the top over a large cup or bowl.
After the spinach has been cooked, place it in the center of a tea towel and drain all of the excess moisture out by twisting the towel around the spinach.
Continue to twist until no more moisture is released. Then open the towel and dump the clump of spinach into a large mixing bowl.
Next add the mayonnaise, sour cream, vegetable mix, and green onions to the bowl and stir until well combined.
Cover and Chill
Possible Recipe Variations
Pumpernickel Bread And Spinach Dip Recipe
This pumpernickel bread and spinach dip recipe has just a handful of ingredients and can be mixed together in a flash. Plus, when it comes to presentation, its hard to beat a dish that you can eat completely including the bowl that holds it all together.
Homemade spinach dip is an appetizer that always wins over a crowd and can be served year-round. My family loves to enjoy this holiday appetizer during the festive season and in the middle of football madness. This is one of my favorite holiday hacks for sure specifically when it comes to saving time in the kitchen. All you need is frozen spinach, a loaf of bread, and a few spices.
Keep this delicious dip recipe bookmarked for your next gathering because everyone loves the combination of garlic, spinach, and creamy goodness.
Don’t Miss: Best Chicken Pot Pie To Buy
How To Make Spinach Dip
Scroll for info about this recipe or …
Learn how to make Spinach Dip, aka Spinatcreme-Dip, and create this favorite party treat for your next gathering.
It’s simple and delicious, a sure hit for your family movie night as well. It’s one of those easy spinach recipes that will surprise you by how good it tastes.
Adding crisply fried bacon bits, diced orange or yellow peppers and chopped green onions changes the flavor, oh, so nicely!
A great way to serve this in a hollowed out loaf of pumpernickel bread.
This is not in the traditional German pumpernickel bread! German pumpernickel is a very dense loaf that is purchased in a plastic-sealed square little package.
The type of pumpernickel bread for this recipe is that type you buy as a large round “soft and fluffy” kind of loaf.
How German is this dip? I’m not really sure. I’ve only had it here in Canada. However, the original recipe is on the Knorr soup package.
The original Knorr company is located in Heilbronn, Germany, and was founded in 1838 by Carl Heinrich Knorr. So, I could say, that this recipe has its origins in Germany! I’ve just never eaten it over there.
Below is a variation on the Knorr spinach dip recipe that is so popular.
It’s fun served in a hollowed-out loaf of pumpernickel bread with the hollowed-out bread pieces cut into cubes to use for dipping. Or, use a french loaf.
Trying to make this a bit healthier? Use a good quality natural yogurt . The lower the fat content, the better.
How To Make Spinach Dip In Bread Bowl
You do not need to heat this recipe up, which makes it the perfect make ahead and dont worry about it appetizer for guests. One less thing you have to worry about.
Add spinach, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, mayonnaise, and soup to a bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
You absolutely do NOT have to refrigerate it overnight. Im just letting you know that you CAN. You can refrigerate for 30 minutes if thats all the time that you have. The point is to allow the mixture to combine and settle.
Meanwhile, cut the center out of the bread round and chop it into small pieces. This is what your guests will use to eat the Knorr spinach dip.
Once the spinach dip is ready to be served, pour the dip into the bread and serve it alongside the bread pieces. Eventually, your guests will begin to rip apart the actual bowl that is housing the homemade spinach dip. Thats all part of the fun!
Don’t Miss: Mcdonalds Strawberry And Cream Pie
Knorr Mix Cold Spinach Dip In A Bread Bowl
Sharing is caring!
Classic Recipe for Spinach Dip Served In a Bread Bowl, Quick & Easy Ready In Just A Few Minutes! Super fun made in a round pumpernickel loaf a favorite appetizer in the 1070s. Your guest will love the flavor and the memories.
Classic cold & creamy Knorrs Soup Mix Spinach dip served in a bread bowl is a crowd pleaser that will be a hit at your next party. Super quick & easy to mix together, a never fail dip to serve a platter of veggies. Treat your guest with this bread bowl spinach dip and Caprese Mozzarella Basil Grape Tomato Skewers for the perfect start to any party.
Spinach dip made in a round pumpernickel loaf was the go-to appetizer in the 1970s. It was not a party without this cold creamy eye-catching appetizer. What makes it one of the easiest appetizers to bring to a party is that you can make the dip ahead of time and just assemble it when you arrive. The dip can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. The most complicated element to this recipe is getting the water out of the frozen spinach.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience ! .
Classic Bacon Spinach Dip
Send recipe to your phone
- 1425 gram dark pumpernickel round loaf or sourdough round loaf
Make it festive! Press a star shaped cookie cutter into cheese to cut out holiday shapes and garnish dip.
Dont Miss: Pie Chart Creator With Percentages
You May Like: Torani Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup
Pumpernickel Bread And Spinach Dip Steps:
1) Thaw and drain the frozen, chopped spinach.
2) Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Mix.
3) Make the pumpernickel bread bowl. With a bread knife hollow out the middle of the bread. Add the chilled dip into the centre of the loaf.
4) Slice the bread from the middle into cubes. Serve alongside the dip with cut-up veggies or chips.
Spinach Dip In A Bread Bowl Now Cook This
Provided by: Michelle / Now Cook This!
|1 envelope vegetable soup mix|
|1 loaf round unsliced rye bread|
|1 loaf round unsliced pumpernickel bread|
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry. I place the spinach in a mesh strainer and run it under cool water, breaking it apart with my fingers until it is thawed. Then I use the back of a spoon or spatula to press down the spinach in the strainer and squeeze out the water. Make sure to get as much water out as possible so that your dip is not watery.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and vegetable soup mix. Add the spinach and stir until well combined.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Don’t skip this step, the dip needs time for the flavors to meld together and also for the dehydrated vegetables in the soup mix to soften up.
- When ready to serve, cut out the center of one of the loaves of bread to make a bowl. Place the bread bowl on a serving dish/tray.
- Take the bread that you cut out of the center of the loaf to make the bread bowl and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Cut the second loaf of bread into 1-inch cubes. Arrange the bread cubes around the bread bowl.
- Stir the chilled spinach dip and spoon it into the bread bowl. ENJOY!
Calories 259 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
Read Also: Campbell’s Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Hiding In Plain Sight
However you choose to serve and arrange this Knorr Recipes spinach dip, it certainly is fun to watch people congregate around it. Even more amusing is the surprised reactions you get when you tell your friends that your secret dip recipe is right there on the back of the Knorr Vegetable Dip Mix packet!
Be sure to rate this recipe below, and share your potluck tales in the comments.
How To Make Hot Knorr Spinach Dip:
Unlike the chilled version, this delicious spinach dip uses cream cheese and a few other ingredients. However, it bakes up like a dream and everyone pretty much inhales it the moment you set it down.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Knorr vegetable mix
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Read Also: Can You Eat Wheat Bread On Keto
Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients:
- 1 package, 1.4 oz, dry vegetable soup mix
Do You Live Near A Trader Joes?
Can we talk a little bit about frozen garlic cubes? If you live near Trader Joes or have access to these Dorot crushed garlic cubes, they are the best things EVER and work wonders for alternatives to this recipe. These were NOT included in the cold spinach dip recipe noted below. It was more of an FYI for you to just buy these if you ever see them and keep them in your freezer for the rest of your life. I havent peeled garlic in over a decade.
How Long Does Spinach Dip Last In The Fridge
3-4 days. Cold spinach dip can be refrigerated in a sealed container, or covered in plastic wrap or foil. If you made your spinach dip in a bread bowl, the bread will get soggy and stale the longer it sits. The sour cream in your dip will tend to separate and get watery in the refrigerator, so most any spinach dip recipe is best enjoyed fresh.
Read Also: Where To Buy Boysenberry Pie
Spinach Dip In Pumpernickel Recipe
Very good! Not your ordinary spinach dip. This one is served hot with toasted bread cubes.
Provided by Julie
SPINACH BREAD DIP RECIPE – FOOD NETWORK
- In a large bowl combine soup mix and sour cream. Strain excess water from spinach and add to dip mixture. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours. Slice a circle around top of bread and remove inside and cut into bite sized pieces. Fill hole with spinach dip. Cut other bread loaf into cubes and serve with dip.
SPINACH DIP IN BREAD BOWL RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
10 BEST PUMPERNICKEL BREAD DIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPINACH DIP IN PUMPERNICKEL – 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL …
KNORR SPINACH DIP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
BREAD BOWL WITH SPINACH DIP – LISA G COOKS – SIMPLE RECIPES
PUMPERNICKEL BREAD AND DILL DIP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
PUMPERNICKEL BREAD DIP RECIPE – GROUP RECIPES. WE ? FOOD.
PUMPERNICKEL BREAD AND SPINACH DIP – ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
BEST EVER SPINACH DIP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Can You Freeze Spinach Dip
Not recommended. Both sour cream and cream cheese are finicky about freezing temperature, and wont retain their textures once thawed. The freezing/defrosting process also squashes the crispness of any vegetables in your spinach dip recipe.
You want the potluck-going public to be singing your praises, so remember the old Dutch saying that fresht is besht.
Also Check: Hershey’s Chocolate Mousse Pie
How To Make Pumpernickel Spinach Dip
- 1In a small bowl combine all the ingredients except bread. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 215 minutes before serving, cut a circle in the top of the bread and hollow the bread keep bread pieces on the side.
- 3Transfer to the oven and broil for 2 minutes on high. Transfer to a serving dish and spoon in the spinach mixture. Cut bread pieces into 2-inch cubes and arrange them around the dish serve immediately.
- 4To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link > > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UPbdM2v22U
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
- Printable Recipe Card
Pumpernickel Spinach Dip Recipe
Provided by: Cassi
Yield: 1 bread bowl dip
|1 packet dry vegetable soup mix|
|1 container sour cream|
|1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained|
|1 loaf round pumpernickel|
- In a medium bowl, blend dry vegetable soup mix, sour cream, and spinach.
- Remove top and insides of pumpernickel loaf, creating a bread bowl. Reserve removed bread.
- Spoon sour cream and spinach mixture into pumpernickel bread bowl. Serve with removed bread pieces for dipping.
Calories 92.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.6 g, CholesterolContent 8.6 mg, FatContent 4.7 g, FiberContent 1.6 g, ProteinContent 2.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.6 g, SodiumContent 163.5 mg, SugarContent 0.3 g
Read Also: Recipe For Healthy Carrot Cake
How To Serve Knorr Spinach Dip
Serving this spinach dip in a bread bowl is the typical method. Just be sure to choose a sturdy bread with a decent crust that will contain the dip well, and with a texture that will hold up to dipping. .
I prefer a sourdough loaf for this recipe because theyre easy to find in the store. For you aspiring bakers, if you want to earn some extra credit, try baking this sourdough bread recipe from Girl vs Dough.
I also recommend serving this Knorr spinach dip recipe in a pumpernickel loaf. The dark color and bold flavor of pumpernickel bread is a nice contrast to the cool dip.
If youre feeling especially adventurous, you could even bake my cast iron skillet bread and add this Knorr spinach dip afterward, for a showstopper dip presentation that really departs from the norm.