How To Make Chicken Tenders With Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1Place Chicken tenders in egg wash. Remove from wash and sprinkle chicken seasoning all over. Dip into Panko crumbs mixed with dried rosemary.
- 2Heat a large skillet with 2 TBL olive oil. When heated, place chicken tenders in skillet and cook 5 minutes per side or until juices are no longer pink.Remove from skillet and enjoy!
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
- Printable Recipe Card
Tips For Breaded Chicken
- Be sure to pat the chicken dry so the coatings can adhere properly.
- Press the breadcrumbs into the meat so theyre completely covered.
- Spray generously with cooking spray or olive oil spray so the crumbs brown nicely.
- Avoid overbaking the breaded chicken as it will continue to cook once its out of the oven.
- Let the chicken pieces cool about 5 minutes before slicing.
Panko Crusted Chicken Strips
Right now, I feel like everyone is really tired of cooking including me. There are days where Im just like screw it Im ordering takeout. I dont think anyone could imagine that we would be cooking every day, at least 3 times a day for so long. So in times like these, you just want something a little simple but still yummy. Thats where these panko crusted chicken strips come in. Chicken strips are so easy to make, and they feel like a treat after a long and hard week. Most of the ingredients in this recipe were scrounged up from my pantry, so there is a ton of leeway on what you can include.
Also Check: Whats In Key Lime Pie
To Make Them Some Of The Main Ingredients Include:
- Panko breadcrumbs The base of our breading substitute! Its what makes these perfectly crisp on the outside. We like to toast them for a few minutes before using.
- Egg and mayonnaise We use it to make a special mixture that the chicken tenders are dipped in before coating in breadcrumbs. This is like a glue for the Panko and is what makes them stick.
- Spices You will need salt, black pepper, garlic powder, ground dry thyme, and paprika for this baked chicken tenders recipe. The blend is salty-savory goodness that pairs perfectly with chicken.
- Chicken tenderloins Use pre-cut chicken tenderloins to simplify things. If your local grocery store doesnt carry them, you can also cut thin strips from a piece of chicken breast.
Some other ingredients you will need are: flour and parsley, an optional garnish.
How To Make Panko Baked Chicken:
Make the mayonnaise mixture and panko breading:
- Preheat the oven and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, minced garlic, salt, and Dijon mustard until combined in a small mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the panko bread crumbs, salt, dried thyme, and olive oil together with a fork until the olive oil is evenly mixed into the bread crumbs.
Prepare the chicken:
- Place the chicken cutlets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the chicken until covered.
Crust the chicken with panko & bake:
- Sprinkle the panko bread crumb mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken until the chicken is cooked through and the bread crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Serve the chicken hot with optional lemon slices to garnish.
Recommended Reading: The Original Italian Pie New Orleans
To Make Chicken Cutlets
Making chicken cutlets from chicken breast is easy and only takes a few minutes. Just grab a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast and get to work!
Helpful Tips For The Best Chicken Tenders
- For the crispiest chicken tenders, stick with panko bread crumbs rather than standard fine bread crumbs.
- I recommend cutting off the tough white tendon thats attached at the top of the chicken tenders for a better chewing experience. I just use kitchen shears and cut off the upper portion, but you can remove the whole thing as done here.
- Dont skip the wire rack. It ensures the chicken doesnt end up with a soggy bottom side and allows heat to more evenly circulate.
- Use an instant read thermometer to test for doneness in center of chicken. It should be 165 degrees, dont cook over or theyll start to dry.
- If some are smaller you may want to check those first and remove early.
- For better flavor dont use the shelf stable powdered parmesan in this recipe, grate it fresh from a wedge.
- If you want a little more richness, spray with olive oil cooking spray near the end of baking.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy The Best Apple Pie
Baking Chicken With Panko Bread Crumbs
Baking chicken with panko bread crumbs is an excellent way to prepare them. Panko bread crumbs are what gives the extra large flakes that add a delightful crunch. It is ideal for the top of most items i.e. fish, chicken, pork chops and so on. With a few simple tricks, you can create great success in your kitchen.
Baked Chicken With Panko Bread Crumbs
Bake chicken with panko bread crumbs! Here is an easy recipe for baked chicken with panko bread crumbs. These are perfect for a hearty family dinner, or bring them to a potluck! Easy and well known dish loved by everyone.
This Baked Chicken With Panko Bread Crumbs if chocked-full of flavor, is super easy to make, and your family will love.
Also Check: Dr Oetker Lemon Pie Filling
Pan Fried For Maximum Crispness
We pan-fried these chicken tenders to maximize the crunch .
Use a generous glug or two of oil, I recommend a 1/4-inch thick layer on the bottom of your pan. This will ensure both the bottom AND sides get equal brownage.
That said, I think theyd work reasonably well baked in the oven . Oven-fried food is never quite as crisp or golden brown as pan-fried or deep-fried, but itll do in a pinch!
I also imagine this would also be a perfect recipe for an air-fryer. I say imagine because we dont have one . So, alas, I cannot advise as to exact cooking times/temperatures, though Im sure the instruction booklet that comes with the machine probably has some general recipes for cooking chicken tenders, and thats where Id recommend starting.
How To Serve Breaded Chicken
- Breaded chicken is great on salads like a homemade Caesar salad or even an Asian salad.
- Toast a couple of hamburger buns and top it with honey mustard, tomato and shredded lettuce for a great sandwich.
- Whip up a batch of the best ever fluffy waffles and add some butter and maple syrup.
- Why not make some Chicken Parmesan for dinner with leftovers?
Recommended Reading: Disposable Pie Plates With Lids
Baked Panko Chicken With Honey Drizzle
This Baked Panko Crusted Chicken is too DELICIOUS to be so EASY to make! Tender chicken breast is coated with a smokey panko bread crumb mixture and baked to crispy perfection, then finished with a spicy honey drizzle.
This special method makes the chicken the coveted combination of tender and juicy on the inside and perfectly crispy on the outside!
Chicken With Panko Bread Crumbs Recipe
This recipe for Chicken with Panko Bread Crumbs recipe is easy to make and makes a delicious, satisfying meal. Its great any time of year, but is especially good when youre looking for a comfort food in the winter.
Chicken breast is a very versatile type of chicken meat that is perfect for frying. I like fried food a lot. It goes great with white rice and some vegetables . Ive used the same technique on different types of chicken, like olive chicken or even shrimp.
Recommended Reading: Beat Large Breed Dog Food
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 A quick dredging in the flour, then egg before the final panko-Parmesan dip guarantees that the crispy coating will stick to the chicken once theyre baked.
- tip 2 Get air circulating for cruncharrange the coated tenders on a wire cooling rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray on a rimmed baking pan. Bake in the hot oven until golden brown.
- tip 3 Have fun with dips. Mix a spoonful of basil pesto in a good mayonnaise, some plain Greek yogurt with a lot of chopped fresh dill and lemon zest, ranch dressing with crumbled bacon and lots of freshly ground pepper stirred inor just straight up barbecue sauce.
- tip 4 For extra-crispy tenders, drizzle them with a couple of tablespoons of melted butter before baking.
How To Make Herby Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders
First, start by cutting the chicken breast into tender-sized pieces. I cut mine into 12 pieces since this recipe serves 4, each serving is 3 tenders.
Next, prepare a dredging station by adding the egg whites to one bowl, and the panko breadcrumbs along with all of the spices to another bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs with the spices.
Preheat a frying pan over medium high heat, and add olive oil spray. Next, dip each chicken tender into the egg white, followed by the breading mixture. Then, cook the tenders over medium high heat for a couple of minutes on each side. The goal here is to just get a nice crust on the outside, and some golden color. The chicken will not be cooked at this point.
Preheat the oven to 400F, and once the chicken has been seared on all sides, place the tenders on a sheet pan fitted with a wire rack. Cook the chicken for about 15-20 minutes or until the tenders are cooked through.
Also Check: Whole Foods Chocolate Mousse Cake
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe Faq
Can I make parmesan chicken tenders in the air fryer?
You sure can! Prepare the recipe as directed, but place them directly in the basket without any foil. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes at 400°F, flipping halfway.
This is a great option for smaller batches or when you want to reheat a few for lunch! Just be sure to use an oil mister on the food, since nonstick sprays can damage the basket.
Do I have to use panko breadcrumbs?
Thats what gives this dish its fabulous crunch! If you prefer a softer texture, combine equal parts panko with plain or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs instead.
How long do breaded chicken tenders last in the refrigerator?
These will last for 3 to 5 days when stored in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven or air fryer to get them nice and crispy again.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Dont miss a thing! Follow us on
Ingredients Substitutions & Adjustments
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs I love to use chicken thighs because they are way more juicy than chicken breasts. Feel free to substitute for chicken breasts if that is what you prefer. Note that 1 pound equals about 4 chicken thighs.
- Panko breadcrumbs Panko breadcrumbs provide texture to the chicken strips. You can substitute regular breadcrumbs for panko.
- Furikake I had a small amount of furikake left over so I added them into the mix with my panko. This is an optional ingredient.
- All purpose flour I use flour to provide the initial coating onto the chicken. I would highly recommend sticking to AP flour for frying.
- Seasonings These seasonings are used to provide flavor to the chicken and the flour. I used white pepper, but it can easily be substituted with black pepper.
- Eggs Helps bind the coating to the chicken.
- Vegetable oil Vegetable oil is perfect for frying foods because it has a high smoke point, so it doesnt burn as easily as animal based fats.
Also Check: Create A Budget Pie Chart
Can You Stack Chicken Tenders In An Air Fryer
When cooking from fresh, its not recommended to stackchicken tenders in an air fryer. It can make the chicken cook unevenly and evenpull some of the breading off the tenders.
If cooking from frozen, you can stack your chicken fingers a bit more. There is no fresh breading to worry about coming off. It will just take a little longer to get that crispy breading.
Never fill your air fryer basket more than halfway full and shake the basket while cooking every 5 minutes or so to allow for even cooking.
To double this recipe, you can use a wired rack to keep this recipe under 30 minutes easily.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Juicy and crispy air fryer chicken tenders are breaded with panko crusting for a delicious homemade kid-friendly dinner the whole family can enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
You dont know chicken tenders until youve made homemade air fryer chicken tenders. Making them with a crispy breaded panko crust in an air fryer that only takes 15 minutes to make brings it to a whole new level.
Typically deep frying fresh chicken tenders would require almost a gallon of oil. Imagine how much oil will soak up in your breadcrumbs and chicken!
These super easy Air Fryer Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders are oil-free. Its basically like breaded grilled chicken tenders, but with the taste of fried chicken.
Dont want to make them homemade? Try these delicious frozen air fryer chicken tenders! They come out super crispy.
My favorite part of this recipe is how family-friendly it is. My toddler is in love with chicken lately and devoured these air fried chicken tenders within minutes of placing them on her plate.
She tells me theyre the best chicken tenders she has ever eaten, so, its officially approved for kids!
And if you love this recipe, you will love our Buffalo Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer too!
Don’t Miss: Authority Dog Food Small Breed
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
Its best to buy chicken tenderloins for this recipe, but raw chicken breasts work as well. If your chicken has skin on it, you will need to remove it before cooking.
STEP ONE: Take your raw chicken breasts and cut them into 1-inch wide pieces. Its okay if they are a little long, as long as they fit in your air fryer flat. If youre using chicken tenderloins, they should be already sized appropriately for this recipe.
If your chicken is a bit thicker, you will want to pound ita little thinner until its a little thinner. Think about ½ inches.
Follow Along On Social Media
If youre looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, Id love for you to join in! Its a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see whats new with TidyMom! If youd like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
You May Like: 9 Inch Deep Dish Pie Plate
How To Make Baked Chicken Tenders
Did You Make This Dish
If you made this dish, I would love to see!
Follow , snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @cooking__therapy and #beccascookingtherapy.
Stay connected and follow along on , , and for all my latest recipes.
Disclaimer: If you purchase anything through a link on this site, I may receive a small commission from the purchase at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I would personally use. Thank you so much for the support!
Also Check: 9 Inch Pie Boxes With Window
Allrecipes Community Tips And Praise
“Served this evening with honey mustard dipping sauce, and they were a hit,” says Allrecipes Allstar lutzflcat. “As a side note, this recipe could be easily adapted to an air fryer. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I will make this again.”
“Super easy to make,” according to wrcitizen94. “I didn’t have a spray bottle for oil, so I lightly brushed oil with a basting brush on each side. Cooked for 9 min on each side . Received thumbs up at dinner. We’ll make it again!!!”